summer in an instagram.

so long summer.

hello pumpkin :)

It was a summer filled with best friends and laughs…

The summer my best friend got married… :)

We went on roadtrips, visited waterfalls, & jammed out at music festivals…

We snacked on tropical granolas’mores puppy chow (!!!) while on the go…

There were plenty of cold summer brews &  wine festivals…

And lots of smoothies to remedy some sweaty workouts or… just a walk outside in the pulsing hot Baltimore air.  Ick.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Smoothie

There were doggie dates. Lots of ‘em… ;)

A bikini-friendly skinny snickerdoodle dip

and some mandatory decadent treats to keep everyone smiling.

One beautiful summer leaves me with memories to cherish, favorite recipes to make, new music to listen to, and 1 ratty worn-out pair of flip flops.  :)

Bring on the fall!

How did you spend your summer?

Are you on instagram? find me at sallysbakeblog

31 Responses to “summer in an instagram.”

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted September 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

Lovely photos!

Brittany Kiphart (TeTe's Treats)posted September 7, 2012 at 9:39 am

I really liked this!! So cute.. and your pups are adorable ♥

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 9:42 am

Aww thank you brit!

Aimee @ ShugarySweetsposted September 7, 2012 at 9:53 am

Cute post!!!

Ryoma Sakamotoposted September 7, 2012 at 10:04 am

I am grateful for the blog always nice.
    Friend is a treasure of life of many.
    I’m great.
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto.

Laura Dembowskiposted September 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

Great pics! But I don’t think summer’s over yet. My summer was full of walks in the sunshine, farmers’ markets, shopping, dinner out, friends, cooking, baking, watching TV, reading. It was also full of a lot of blogging and meeting some new blog friends like you!

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 11:30 am

I didn’t venture to any farmers markets this summer. I wish I had. Your summer sounds like it was so much fn! So glad we are blogging buds too Laura

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted September 7, 2012 at 11:24 am

Eek, love this, girl! I’m so glad you’re my friend :) and that you post adorable pictures of miss Sasha!!

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 11:29 am

Aww yay Hayley! I’m so glad you love the pics of her! She is so adorable!

Laurie {Simply Scratch}posted September 7, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m always sad to say goodbye to summer… but I can’t help but LOVE fall! :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted September 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Your summer looks so awesome! I think I need to hang out with you! Jason and I mainly stayed home, ate junk food, and gained about 10-15 lb!

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Trust me, I ate my share of junk food haha! I’m looking forward to a more laid-back fall… on the couch!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted September 7, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I love this post, Sally! The pic of you and your BFF at her wedding is just…stunning. WOW ! And the candid shots of you and Kevin and the pooch and just the sights and sounds of your summer – love this. And you’re gorgeous :)

I used to be REALLY into Instagram but gave it up about 6-9 mos ago b/c I was just getting too sucked in – between my twitter, google reader, blog, comment replies, etc. something had to give!

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Thank you SO much Averie! It was a fun and busy summer and since I’m addicted to my iPhone, I instagrammed a lot of it!! I have trouble keeping up with it all too, but that is why we both need our coffee right?!

Duranteposted September 7, 2012 at 2:16 pm

You have such incredible pictures of your summer… what made me stop was the chocolate covered cherry protein smoothie, I drink a lot of smoothies, but never one as delicious looking as that one!

• Sallyreplied on September 7th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Hi Durante! Thank you so much. That smoothie was a random concoction I threw into the blender one day. It turned out fabulous! I’m glad it caught your eye!

Cassieposted September 7, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This is so sweet. I lvoe IG!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted September 7, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Here, here, bring on the Fall! I spend the summer getting to know you. And I liked it! (Wow, that kinda sounded stalkerish. But you know what I meant! :)

• Sallyreplied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Not stalkerish at all Dorothy! I loved getting to know you too. :) I will respond to your email tomorrow! I love your idea!

Bethany / Sweet Georgia Sweetposted September 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Bring on the fall, indeed! Can’t wait!!!

New follower on Instagram!

• Sallyreplied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Hey Bethany! Let’s celebrate the fall! Woohoo!

Moposted September 8, 2012 at 9:56 am

it was rainy and spent at the office (except for one week of summer by a pool in France w/ my family…and that’s what ill remember :-)) i love your spirit, kinda makes me excited about the fall now…but then comes the never ending winter…

• Sallyreplied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

France! Sounds heavenly and PERFECT! I’ve never been there, Mo!

Julie @ Table for Twoposted September 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm

what a fun summer recap!! we didn’t do too much this summer, went to the beach in may but we’re basically saving up for our honeymoon so we had no major trips!

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

planning for a honeymoon sounds even more exciting than my entire summer!! It’s going to be unforgettable, no matter where you two go!

luv what you doposted September 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I spent my summer in no bake land, which I loved : ) enjoying good bear (love me some blue moon) and now i am ready for fall pumpkin love! I just can’t wait to make my first batch of chili!

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

No bake land… i’ve lived there before. it’s glorious! Blue moon is my FAVORITE drink ever. LOVE!

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodieposted September 9, 2012 at 11:43 am

Looks like an awesome summer! I like having instagram as a way to snap a few memories in the moment without the pressure of pulling out my camera :)

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Hi Nicole! Yes, I am a tad addicted to my instagram! I’m always on it. The different picture settings are so fun to play around with!

Rachel (teacher-chef)posted September 10, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I pretty much adore those recipe cards – so awesome, where did you get them!?!?!

Sallyposted September 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Hey Rachel! Thank you! My friend actually got them for me for my birthday. She got them off of erincondren.com :)