Bites of Real Life, 2.

{funfetti photoshoots. recipe.}

{seasonally confused wedge & scarf ensembles.}

{inner harbor evening walks.}

{autumn in baltimore.}

{lazy mornings.}

{afternoon concerts.}

{night rides.}

{chocolate glaze and candy martinis. yes and yes.}

{messages on mugs.}

{life in colorful bites.}

Shout out to Sara @ Southern Living Magazine for featuring my Chewy Butterfinger Cookies in her latest article Homemade Candy for Halloween? Eat Your Heart Out!

Makes my day. :)

What have you been up to lately?

48 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 2.”

Elizabeth @ AsToldByASassyGingerposted October 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Your dog’s face – sooo sweet:)

• Sallyreplied on October 22nd, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! That’s Jude the pup. :)

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted October 22, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I love love love this post!!! I love seeing you in your element and slices of your real life, you and your friends and Kevin and candy corn martinis :) What a great glimpse into your day-to-day life. Thank you for these! Love the huge tree pic, right under you and kevin. Could be in a magazine!!!!

• Sallyreplied on October 22nd, 2012 at 11:07 pm

That shot was taken with my iPhone as the sun was going down! I’m glad you like my real life posts! I take a lot of pictures and I’m happy I can share them on my blog because I do more than just bake and write about baking! :)

Laura Dembowskiposted October 22, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Congrats on the feature for your cookies :). Love your pics, especially that one of the trees and sunshine. It looks like it should be in a gallery!

• Sallyreplied on October 22nd, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I loved that tree shot too! It was random, taken on a hill as the sun was going down right in the city. :)

Saraposted October 22, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Aww, LOVE this post!! Thanks for sharing little slices of your life with us :) You are just adorable! Baltimore…looks beautiful.

Did you make your little keychain? So cute!

My next indulgent treat is going to be your chocolate chip cookie dough frosting….by the spoonfuls. I might make cupcakes to go with it…LOL.

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you Sara! You are so sweet. Baltimore is gorgeous this time of year! I didn’t make my keychain. I got it online here: http://www.dimplesandcurls.com/keychains.shtml

that frosting. oh man. I can’t make it too often because I can never stop “tasting” it! :)

Hayleyposted October 23, 2012 at 1:03 am

Haha, if it weren’t for your Instagram proving you are a real-life girl, I’d think you were some baking fairy in a castle in some misty, rainbow-sprinkly part of my imagination. I LOVE seeing bits of your real life because it makes me feel closer to you even though we’re so far away. Haha, that sounds so romantical. But still! Autumn in Baltimore looks gorgeous and I love seeing pics of you and Kevin and Mr. Jude. Such a sweetie <3

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 6:29 am

You always make me CRACK UP Hayley! I am not a baking fairy but I’d love to live in a castle entirely made out of sprinkles. It just seems fitting. And yes, instagram allows me to stalk your real life too! So creepy and amazing! :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted October 23, 2012 at 1:57 am

Awwww love these photos! You’re really inspiring me to get out of the house more. I’m such a homebody! Oh and btw, I totally want to kidnap your dog. And congrats on the feature! You rock, Sally!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 6:30 am

Oh Chung-Ah, I’m actually a huge dork and homebody too, no worries. These pics are just some fun times I’ve had recently :)

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 6:30 am

PS: not calling YOU a dork… just calling ME a huge nerd! :D

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted October 23, 2012 at 2:27 am

Love all the photos!! Congrats on your cookies being featured! Oh, and this post made me want a candy corn martini in a bad way!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 6:32 am

Thanks for the congrats Ashley! The candy corn martini – just when i thought candy corns couldn’t get any better..!

Emiliaposted October 23, 2012 at 6:54 am

Love your photos, the one of the sun through the trees is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you’re having a lovely fall. My camera has been quite the busy bee as well recently. I’m in Italy for my year abroad and taking photos left and right, I think I’ve taken nearly four hundred this month!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hi Emilia! Italy- how fantastic. I’ve been there twice – Venice was my favorite part. I don’t blame you for taking so many photos, I’m jealous – there is SO much beauty there… in practically every corner!

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted October 23, 2012 at 7:41 am

I really miss Baltimore. Really need to get out there to visit some friends soon and grab dinner at one of my old haunts.

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’d miss it if I ever left too – it’s just so beautiful :)

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfectionposted October 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Congrats congrats congrats on your feature!! That’s awesome!

And where do they serve a Candy Corn Martini?! I need to get my hands on that asap!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:14 am

it was at some little corner bar in the subarbs of Baltimore! So random, but such a fun drink!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted October 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

LOVE the photo of the sun coming through the trees

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 am

It was a gorgeous night as the sun was setting!! Thanks Erin!

Katie @ Oh Shine Onposted October 23, 2012 at 11:27 am

I love these darn posts. So cute.

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:36 pm

sometimes I feel silly posting real life picutres on my baking blog, but there’s so much I want to share. Thanks Katie!

Meghan @ After the Ivy Leagueposted October 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Love your photographs, so pretty :) That carnival looks so fun! Looks like life has been treating you well lately, so glad to hear it!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Thanks Meghan!

Ashleyposted October 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Your life looks so sweet! Love posts like this.

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Ashley- thank you! That’s nice to hear (read!) :)

Erin | The Law Students Wifeposted October 23, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Scarves are always appropriate, whatever your footwear! These pics are so beautiful. Makes me want to take a walk through crunchy autumn leaves, then go home and eat a big bowl of candy corn (or how about a big sip of that candy corn martini??)

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 1:38 pm

YES. I wear scarves year round! And I have a HUGE bowl of candy corn, so please come over and help me eat it up. I’m on a sugar high as we know it lol.

Nicole @ Lapetitebakerposted October 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I always seem to be wearing seasonally confused clothes. The inner California girl in me cant get rid of her flip flops even when its fifty and raining. By the way, you and you’re boyfriend make a super cute couple! Thanks for sharing bits of your life with us, readers.

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Nicole, thank you! Yes I wear flip-flops 24/7 – when I’m not at work or running! Or in my uggs!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted October 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Totally random fact: whenever Baltimore is mentioned, my husband and I start shouting, “Bawlmer Bawlmer!” and reenact scenes from The Wire. Oh, and by the way, for anyone who knows The Wire, I was Omar for Halloween last year. Yup. :D

It looks beautiful! Very different than the little I’ve seen on TV. :)

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 3:59 pm

hahahahha YES! Bawlmer! People really talk like that here. :D

amy @ fearless homemakerposted October 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

1. I love your Sally keychain! 2. I want to kiss that puppy’s face. 3. you are absolutely adorable. Love this post!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Amy! You are so sweet, thank you! I bought the keychain offline. I love polka dots :)

Julie @ Table for Twoposted October 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

ahh i love that you shared this!! i love peering into other bloggers’ lives. we all have one! it just seems like most of it is spent in the kitchen! haha ;)

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I’m the same way Julie! It’s lovely to read about the writers behind the blogs – and knowing that they aren’t robots with no personalities! I’m glad I can glimpse in the Julie world through instagram :)

Luv what you doposted October 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Looks like a lot of fun going on…especially those candy corn Martianis!!!

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchenposted October 24, 2012 at 11:31 am

I haven’t been going out and about like you, but I’ve been spending lots of time in the kitchen and have finally finished the cake that’s been swirling around in my head forever. So, I’m happy with that for now.

• Sallyreplied on October 24th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Loretta – a cake sounds fabulous. I made an apple cake the other day – the first in a long time! It’s nice to play around in the kitchen and bake things that have bene on your “to-bake” list for ages. :)

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted October 25, 2012 at 7:17 am

I just love sneak peeks into other bloggers lives too!!! You guys are simply adorable and your pictures are beautiful. Love the fall shots. And I am seasonally challenged too…I wear scarves all summer long:-) And huge congrats to your cookies being featured…that is awesome!

• Sallyreplied on October 25th, 2012 at 7:22 am

Thanks for the congrats Jocelyn! Yes, scarves in the summer – i have so many pink/orange/yellow scares – fun for summer outfits :)

Erika - The Teenage Tasteposted October 28, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Love these “real life” posts! Your doggie is a cutie – model status in that one picture! ;-)

• Sallyreplied on October 29th, 2012 at 6:53 am

Erika, you are so sweet! he’s photogenic lol :)

Nancyposted April 24, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hi Sally!

I really admire what you do and thank you for posting great recipes so I can bake for my boyfriend!

I read that you were in corporate finance for four years and I am currently going to school for Finance. Just wondering where did you work and what did you do in corporate finance? And did you like it?

• Sallyreplied on April 24th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Hi Nancy! I can’t disclose the company, but I worked with life & disability insurance, retirement planning, and investments. I loved it! Wonderful experience.