Bites of Real Life, 4.

A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! :D

Bites of Real Life

{time spent at home with Kevin.  And Bailey, my sister’s pup.} :)

Cupcake Ornament

{cupcakes on the tree.}

IMG_2691

{baking ornaments. duh.}

IMG_2829

{handmade coasters from my sister. pinterest inspired!}

IMG_2707

{this is embarassing, Aunt Sally.}

IMG_2713

{l.o.v.e.}

Homemade Pretzels 12-20-12

30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels-13

{homemade pretzels. stay tuned.}

IMG_0125

{keeping things merry & bright.}

Christmas Card

{christmas cards from friends. hi kristen!}

trail mix

{peanut butter chips, M&Ms, raisins, peanuts, & chocolate. i’m all set.}

rhinestone mixer

{want.}

Spiral Cupcake Stand

{have.}

IMG_2841

{need.}

What is everyone doing for the holidays?  I am sitting back, relaxing, and spending time with my family in Philadelphia.  I wish you all a happy and safe holiday, filled with lots of cheer, lots of sweets, and lots of love. :)

- Sally

43 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 4.”

The Witch's Kitchenposted December 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

LOVE those ornaments!

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

• Sallyreplied on December 23rd, 2012 at 10:59 am

They were a gift from my mom – I know they are at Crate & Barrel though! Merry Christmas to you as well :)

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted December 23, 2012 at 11:02 am

That mixer. Omg. That takes those cell phone bling’ing stands at the mall and puts them to shame. Now THAT is some bling. I want!

And the pretzels. No.you.didn’t. Can’t wait. Nothing says I know how to bake bread like jam filled danish/jellyrolls or pretzels. It would have been too easy to just make like, a baugette. So proud of you!

And you and Bailey look adorable!

• Sallyreplied on December 23rd, 2012 at 11:14 am

pretzels.. YES!!!! Averie they were SO easy. I’m sharing them this week. I would love to make homemade danishes one day – raspberry is my favorite! :) I saw that mixer in a cupcake bakery around town in maryland. I almost died. i need it!

Emiliaposted December 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Looks like you have all the makings of a beautiful holiday. That kitchen aid mixer is intense!
    For the holidays I’ll be going out for a nice lunch with my parents and maternal grandmother on Christmas Eve and then driving down to my other grandmother on Christmas day, after opening up presents at home, of course!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, I hope you have an amazing time with your family :)

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:38 am

Hi Emilia! I know, the rhinestone mixer is nuts! it sounds like you have a wonderful couple of days ahead of you and I hope you enjoy it! Merry Christmas!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted December 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh, I love those baking ornaments!!!! And can’t wait for the pretzel recipe :)
    Merry Christmas, Sally! Enjoy your holiday! :)

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:39 am

Merry Christmas Colleen! Thank you so much for your wishes and i’ll be posting the pretzel recipe soon!

dana@minimalistbakerposted December 23, 2012 at 12:46 pm

haha, that picture of the pup in a bow is adorable! Merry Christmas, friend!

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:39 am

Merry Christmas Dana!! Thanks so much. :)

Teresa Youngposted December 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm

those ornaments are so so so cute! and those pretzels look delish! in fact, I love all of these pictures (: Merry Christmas!

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:40 am

Thanks Teresa! I got the ornaments as gifts. they are my favorites! i’ll be posting the pretzels this week. Hope you have a merry christmas too!! :)

Becky @ olives n wineposted December 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Cute, cute Christmas photos!! I can’t wait to see your pretzel recipe, YUM!!! Have a very merry Christmas :)

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:44 am

thanks Becky! You are always so sweet. I hope you have a wonderful and safe Christmas. :D

angela @ anotherbitepleaseposted December 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

that blinged out kitchen aid….just an added smile it would bring to baking….can not wait for your pretzel recipe…I am such a sucker for soft pretzels! Cute photos!!! Merry Christmas

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:47 am

i love soft pretzels too! i’m posting the recipe this week. Merry Christmas Angela!!

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted December 23, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Merry Christmas, Sally!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted December 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Cupcake ornaments?! Awesome. And the bow on the pup – TOO CUTE! Have a great holiday, Sally! I’ll be trying to relax and not eating too much :)

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:52 am

same here Chung-ah! trying to eat all my veggies with my cookies lol! Have a wonderful holiday my dear friend!

Luv What You Doposted December 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Happy Holidays!
    That looks like such a fun and festive place to be! I can’t believe how blingy that mixer is. So fun!

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:52 am

totally blinged out mixer haha! thanks so much and have a very happy holiday! :D

Molly @ Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chipsposted December 23, 2012 at 8:06 pm

How fun! I love the holidays.

Angieposted December 23, 2012 at 8:55 pm

My daughter and I are working on a gingerbread village. I thought I was the only one that put bling on my mixer, toaster and coffee maker

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:54 am

Hi Angie! I didn’t have time to make a gingerbread house this holidaay season. I’m sure yours is wonderful! They are so fun to make, especially with children. I didn’t bling out this mixer, I saw it in a store. And I want it!

• Angiereplied on December 24th, 2012 at 8:59 am

I know you can bling and decorate yours too, just not too much or else you will not be able to wipe up spills. Have a great Christmas and thanks for sharing your baking. The gingerbread house is always a challenge and there is never enough time

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted December 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Merry Christmas Sally!

Laura Dembowskiposted December 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Merry Christmas, Sally :). I hope you have a great time with your family. I’m at home with my parents. We’ll do some relaxing and did a bunch of shopping today, but I’ll be doing a lot of baking and writing. No rest for those trying to make dreams come true.

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 6:57 am

No breaks for dreamers – that is so true Laura!! Good point. I will be catching up on blog stuff while I’m home as well. :) Habe a very Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for everything! :)

petit4chocolatierposted December 24, 2012 at 9:09 am

Sally, beautiful blog! Love your favorite things; especially the blender. You remind me of my daughter who is around your age!!

Today I am cooking. I am having an intimate & casual Christmas Eve with approximately 15 to 18 family members and friends.

Have a Merry Christmas and New Year!

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted December 24, 2012 at 9:10 am

OMG sooooo jealous of your baking ornaments! I do have a Kitchenaid ornament in the same color as my Kitchenaid, so I guess I have a start, oh and I have a penguin sitting on a cupcake holding a spatula. I love that guy. But after seeing your tree, I definitely want to add to my collection. Also, pretzels have been on my need to make list forever! I can’t wait to see your recipe! And that mixer…..

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

a kitchneaid ornament?? i want one! Merry Christmas Ari! Posting the pretzels this week! :D

Katieposted December 24, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m about to head home to do the same! Can’t wait to see my family :) Also cannot wait for you to post that homemade pretzel recipe. I’ll be the first to try it!

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Posting the pretzel recipe this week Katie! Merry Christmas! good luck with all those cookies i saw on instagram!

Joy @ Baking-Joyposted December 24, 2012 at 10:36 am

Merry Christmas Sally! Looking forward to the pretzel recipe :-)

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Merry Christmas Joy!!

JulieDposted December 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Love these pictures!! Working and spending time with family. :) Hope you have a merry Christmas, Sally!!!

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Julie!!! Merry Christmas my friend!

Rachel (teacher-chef)posted December 24, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Merry Christmas Sally – I will gladly join you for the holidays any time… beautiful Bites of Life!

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Thanks Rachel – you are the sweetest!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you! :D

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted December 24, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Those are some super cute Christmas photos! Have a Merry Christmas!

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hi Jocelyn! Thanks so much and merry christmas to you as well!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted December 26, 2012 at 2:48 am

Geez Sally. You’ve posted a TON since I last visited. How do you do it?! It clearly illustrates how lazy I am. ;)

I hope you had an amazing Christmas! :D Eat a cheesesteak for me, okay?

We did the 24th at my in-laws and the 25th alone at home. We watched Home Alone, A Christmas Story and Uncle Buck and ate nothing but scones all day. It was the best Christmas ever!

Kateposted January 3, 2013 at 11:30 am

Love, love, LOVE the coasters !!! They are so fun. Love all the colors and patterns.
    Thanks for sharing.