Valentine’s Day Desserts for your Lovebugs.

Can you believe it’s almost Valentine’s Day? Wasn’t it just Christmas? Where did January go? Oh right, I spent most of it on the couch munching on puppy chow, cookies, and sipping champagne.

Valentine's Day Recipes

To me, Valentine’s Day means chocolate (and mushy gushy stuff of course). But… a whole bunch of chocolate too. Last year, Kevin and I had Mexican for dinner and homemade chocolate covered strawberries & peanut butter/chocolate heart-shaped blondies for dessert. This year, I have SO many options to choose from! My office is also requesting some festive goodies and I can’t wait to bake up a storm.

Today, cupid has struck me and I’m sharing a few of my favorite recipes that will be perfect for February 14th.

chocolate chip hearts

1. Chocolate Chip Cherry Sweet Rolls – eat chocolate for breakfast and throw in some juicy cherries too. All wrapped up in a sweet spiral-y dough and covered in a creamy glaze. These are a show-stopper treat.  We LOVED them.

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cherry Rolls. You will love these fluffy and soft sweet rolls for breakfast!

2. Chocolate Covered Pretzels – I make these for every single holiday using all different colored sprinkles. They are beyond easy and SO quick to make.  The combination of sweet, rich chocolate and salty pretzels gets me every time. You can’t go wrong with them!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Valentine's Day by sallysbakingaddiction.com

3. Peanut Butter Sweethearts – taking the same idea of a peanut butter blossom cookie but with a heart-shaped chocolate instead.  These “soft-baked” peanut butter cookies are the softest and thickest peanut butter cookies you’ll ever eat.  They are loaded with peanut butter, too. I’ve used this peanut butter cookie dough recipe for many other peanut butter cookies on my blog.

Peanut Butter Sweethearts by sallysbakingaddiction.com

4. Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – so simple, so carefree, and so convenient.  AND so incredibly fudgy. We love these cookies!

Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

5. Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting – this cupcake is a reader favorite! And the peanut butter frosting just melts in your mouth. It’s so creamy and bursting with peanut butter.  If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these cupcakes are a must-try.

Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting by sallysbakingaddiction.com

6. Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites – no bake, so easy, quick, and loaded with Oreos, salty pretzels, and white chocolate. Top with pink sprinkles!

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites by sallysbakingaddiction.com

7. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie Hearts – aren’t they adorable? I made these for us last year.  The blondies are vegan too.  And so easy to make!

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Blondie Hearts. So soft, so chewy, so full of peanut butter flavor. You won't even realize these are lightened-up!

8. Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Snickers. Need I say more?

Snickers Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

9. Vanilla Cupcakes for Twoone fluffy vanilla cupcake for you and one for your love. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

Vanilla cupcakes for two (recipe for only TWO cupcakes) by sallysbakingaddiction.com

10. Loaded Sugar Cookie Bars – another shortcut recipe I love. Starting with sugar cookie mix, these soft cookie bars are perfect for Valentine’s Day if you use festive sprinkles and pink and red M&Ms. I remember bringing them to a party last summer and they were gone in minutes.

Loaded Sugar Cookie Bars by sallysbakingaddiction.com

11. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies – seriously does NOT get any easier than these cookies. And they are bright PINK.  How can you not love a chocolate chip filled cookie that is pink?

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

12. Baked Strawberry Frosted Donuts - we are obsessed with these. And you’ve all told me you enjoyed them as well. You could bake these as muffins in a muffin pan if you don’t have a donut pan. Plus, they are low fat!

Strawberry Frosted Donuts

13. Cookies n’ Cream Cookies – who here loves cookies n’ cream as much as I do? Because these cookies are FULL of cookies n’ cream candy bars.  Huge chunks in every single bite. And the homemade cookie dough could not be easier to throw together.

Cookies n Cream Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

14. XXL Buttery Soft Sugar Cookie – this recipe makes 1 giant sugar cookie. Perfect to share with your sweetheart! Use festive red and pink sprinkles. I’ve also made a peanut butter version of this cookie before too!

Giant Funfetti Sugar Cookie (recipe for 1 giant cookie)

15. Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – my super easy 140 calorie muffin has been SO popular on my blog this year.  And chocolate and strawberries are a winning combination for Valentine’s Day.  Plus, they are skinny-jean friendly!

Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins by sallysbakingaddiction.com

16. Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites – chocolate chocolate and even more chocolate! These adorable little bite-sized brownies are for serious chocolate lovers.  Top with festive pink and red sprinkles!

Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites

17. Salted Peanut Nutella Puppy Chow – this stuff should be illegal. My friends say it’s the best thing they’ve ever eaten… ever.

Salted Peanut Nutella Puppy Chow by sallysbakingaddiction.com

18. Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies – these cookies use my favorite soft-baked cookie dough base. They are SO thick, too. I receive countless emails about this cookie. Leave out the pecans if you’re not a nut fan!

Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

19. Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies – these cookies use the same cookie dough as the ones linked above.  Soft-baked, thick, chewy, and FULL of chocolate. We’re obsessed.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

20. Easy Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes – use festive red and pink sprinkles for these super fluffy and light homemade cupcakes. They take less than 30 minutes and are easier thana box. You could also take this recipe and bake in a 8 or 9-inch square or round pan for a funfetti cake.

You will never make boxed Funfetti Cupcakes again after you try this homemade recipe! sallysbakingaddiction.com

21. Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls – have you made these yet? Because you need to. My favorite recipe of 2012 will definitely make an appearance on Valentine’s Day for my coworkers.

Raspberry Sweet Rolls-4

22. Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies – gorgeous swirl cheesecake red velvet brownies. These are 100% homemade and SO easy to make!  I love how vibrant the red color is.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

Q: What are your favorite Valentine’s Day treats?

68 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Desserts for your Lovebugs.”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted February 1, 2013 at 6:51 am

I want to make the peanut butter chip blondies! They look so good! Everything you made looks good! How cute would all of these goodies be in a Valentine’s Day Gift Basket?

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:24 am

SO cute, Jennifer. :) I need to make little treat baggies!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted February 1, 2013 at 7:16 am

What a great round-up, Sally! Such wonderful treats for Valentine’s Day! I had planned to do something similar today on my blog, but then I made one of your cookie recipes and posted about that instead….
    Happy Friday to you! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:25 am

I can’t wait to check them out Colleen!!! YAY!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted February 1, 2013 at 7:30 am

Aww, that chocolate chip heart. So cute. :)

And I really, really want to make those peanut butter heart cookies! And those strawberry chocolate chip cookies look interesting. Betting I don’t have access to the ingredients, but still… very pretty. :)

It’s a great round-up! It’s inspired me to do more for Valentine’s Day.

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted February 1, 2013 at 7:36 am

Glad to know your favorite recipe of 2012 will definitely make an appearance on Valentine’s Day…but what’s that part about…for your coworkers? I think those should be a make-and-hoard dessert :)

Love all the links, memories of what I was doing when I read the original posts, and to have these all in one post is quite a sweet treat :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:27 am

Hahahah I’ll obviously save a plate of them for us too Averie!! They are my favorite and I’ve been dying to make the raspberry version again :)

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Wellposted February 1, 2013 at 7:56 am

Thank you so much for posting this! I love holiday recipes, and was trying to find some for Valentine’s Day. Well, I’m all set now! I really love the recipe for the strawberry chocolate chip cookies, and the peanut butter sweethearts. Both are recipes that I’ve tried variations of before, but never like that. I’m a big fan of peanut butter blossoms, but never thought to try using heart shaped chocolates in place of the average chocolate kiss. Thanks, girl!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:33 am

I love peanut butter blossoms too Avery! And the heart shaped chocolates are the perfect touch. Plus, there is more chocolate in every bite since they are bigger :) Thanks Avery!!

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggiesposted February 1, 2013 at 8:50 am

Just started following your blog recently, so it’s nice to have a post directing me to the best recipes to start with ;-) Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:35 am

So glad Kelly! That’s why I love to do recipe round-ups every so often. Bring the old recipes back to life! :) Thanks for following along Kelly!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreationsposted February 1, 2013 at 8:51 am

WOW…what a sweet array of Valentines goodness. Soo many amazing treats to scroll through have me drooling now…

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:36 am

let me know if you try any Regina! And thank you :)

Melisaposted February 1, 2013 at 8:56 am

OMG you make me want to bake EVERYTHING!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:37 am

Let me know if you try anything Melisa :) Thank you!

Erikaposted February 1, 2013 at 9:01 am

Sugar Cookies are a must for Valentine’s Day! I remember in high school our Home Ec club would sell them so you could buy one and have it sent to your secret crush.

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 9:36 am

YES! I love classic sugar cookies! I haven’t made them in years though. I should change that :) Thanks Erika!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted February 1, 2013 at 10:17 am

This post is so you Sally: adorable, sweet and full of sprinkles and chocolate! LOVE this round up!

Erin @ Adventures of a Hungry Redheadposted February 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

Awesome! I love them all!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Erin! Let me know if you make anything from this list. :)

Monicaposted February 1, 2013 at 10:30 am

So much goodness combined into one post.
    I can’t wait to try the chocolate chip sweet cherry rolls. I’ve never tried a cherry cinnamon roll, but I can imagine it’s just like a regular cinnamon roll with cherry jam and that sounds delicious!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Thanks Monica! And those sweet rolls. oh my goodness, I love love love them! There’s no cinnamon in the cherry roll actually – it’s just a sweet roll with cherries and chocolate chips. :) Either way, I hope you enjoy them! Let me know how they turn out!

Meredithposted February 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

How will I choose?:)
    Would you mind taking a minute to explain why the egg should be room temperature, if it’s going straight back to the fridge to chill? I always forget to leave the egg out beforehand. Thanks!!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:19 pm

The reason I advise the egg to be room temperature when you mix them into the cookie dough is because they will incorporate more evenly into the dough if they are warmer vs chilled. When you add very cold eggs to the creamed butter and sugar, the mixture may curdle. This will have an effect on the way the cookies bake and lead to uneven texture and look. The purpose of chilling the actual dough when it is all mixed together is to firm up the fat in the cookie dough. Cold dough will result in thicker cookies that will not spread as much in the oven AND it makes the dough easier to handle. So the eggs must be room temperature to mix properly and the dough must be chilled after all mixed together to firm up the fat. Hope this helps!

• Meredithreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Definitely helps! Thanks!

Kaylie @ Skinny Muffinposted February 1, 2013 at 10:48 am

If I could just one of each of these delivered to my doorstep, now THAT would make for an epic and delicious Valentine’s Day.

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I agree Kaylie. :) I want them all right now!

D. Bakerposted February 1, 2013 at 11:00 am

I ABSOLUTELY adore these recipes!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:20 pm

So glad to hear that! Let me know if you make any :)

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchenposted February 1, 2013 at 11:08 am

I am off to make those Cherry Chip Roll! Oh Yum! I am bringing you my fudge! http://www.pandpkitchen.com/2013/01/29/sweetheart-fudge-strawberry-fudge/

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:20 pm

You will LOVE those cherry chocolate chip rolls Chandra. :) I am obsessed with them! I’ll check out your fudge this weekend, can’t wait to see it!!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted February 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

I need that donut!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:21 pm

lol so do i. I need to make them again ASAP.

Herbivore Triathleteposted February 1, 2013 at 11:27 am

So many tasty looking treats, I want them all! I am definitely making the strawberry chocolate chip cookies for my kids for Valentine’s day. All little girls love pink right? ;)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:22 pm

and who doesn’t love pink cookies? obsessed. :) Thanks my dear!

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted February 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

I’m torn between the strawberry donuts and the devil’s food cake mix cookies. Agh. This is an awesome compilation of recipes, Sally! your sweetheart is so lucky to have you baking up all these treats all the time ;)

Have a nice weekend!

Shelbyposted February 1, 2013 at 11:46 am

What a nice variety ! But first I will make our classic “Cherry-O Cream Cheese Pie”. It has been our Valentine treat for a very long and happy time. Thanks.

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Hey Shelby! Now that Cherry-O Cream Cheese Pie sounds amazing. I’d love to try something like that one day! It sounds like it would make a very sweet V-day. :)

Mercedesposted February 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

Great round up of some of your best recipes Sally! Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite days just because I love all things pink, hearts and chocolate! Have a great weekend!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I am the SAME way Mercedes! I love pink and chocolate and hearts. Ha! This holiday was made for gals like us!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted February 1, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Swoooooning over these lovely recipes, girlie! So much pink, chocolate and sprinkles–perfect for the 14th! I’d like one of each, please!

cakewhizposted February 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm

what a fanastic roundup! i remember pinning those strawberry cookies to my valentine’s board on pinterest…they are so pretty :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Thank you! Yes, I love the pink strawberry cookies. Mostly because of how pretty they are too :)

angela @ anotherbitepleaseposted February 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm

the chocolate chips shaped in a heart i just love that photo…i have to bring something red to my boys valentines day party so thinking the Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies topped with red m&m… :-)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Great idea Angela! I love those cookies. :) So fun to add festive sprinkles and M&Ms to them.

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted February 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

There are so many good options here. How are we supposed to choose just one? :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:59 pm

good point, Eva… which is why I’m going to make a TON of these recipes. I can’t even choose!!

tijuana (po' man meals)posted February 1, 2013 at 3:16 pm

what a yummy lineup! the fudge brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are mine. oh wait… the chocolate chip sweet cherry rolls, too. but peanut butter chocolate chip blondie hearts keep staring at me! my goodness. your website always does this to me! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Haha Tijuana you’re too funny. I know, I can’t choose which to make again this year. I want them all!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted February 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm

“for your lovebugs”… oh my gosh, I think I love you Sally! So cute! Great roundup of recipes here. Those little funfetti cupcakes are calling me!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted February 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Thanks to you I am in a BIG mood for sweet rolls. I see them getting made this weekend!!!

Starposted February 1, 2013 at 8:33 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    These are ALL to die for!!!
    I know I’m making the raspberry sweet rolls, I’ll probably be the only one who eats them (maybe my 15 month old will), but that’s OK, b/c I love myself, so that’ll be my reasoning…
    I’ll bake them some of the cookies, that’ll keep the boys quiet!!!
    Thanks for ALL your wonderful recipes…
    You’re my goto site for ANY dessert!!!
    Now, to put on the weight that my boyfriend just told me I lost… :0P

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Star, I’m so glad you’re loving my recipes! And I pretty much make those sweet rolls for myself and hand off hte leftovers to other people. :) They are divine! Happy Baking! :) Thanks for the sweet comment!

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungryposted February 1, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Although I will be alone for Valentines day, I can totally see myself consuming a batch of sweet rolls while watching Sleepless in Seattle.

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2013 at 2:16 pm

you won’t be alone with those sweet rolls, I promise. they’re pure love. ;) Thanks Nicole!!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted February 1, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Oh wow, what an awesome roundup – those brownie bites, so adorable and I think I would eat about 15 of them. :) I’m sure your Valentine’s Day will be extra special this year!

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2013 at 2:17 pm

YAY! It will be extra special this year Liz and thank you so much for your thoughtful comments all the time. They really mean a lot to me! And brownie bites.. yes. love. love love love!!

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted February 1, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I want that huge cookie. And I don’t want to share it. And then I want the cookie with the snow caps. And those ones with the Snickers. Ahhhh option overload! Too many delicious desserts!!!

jodye @ chocolate and chou fleurposted February 1, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I already had a huge list of desserts I was trying to choose from for Valentine’s day, and now the list has doubled! So much chocolatey goodness to choose from – I’ll be tempted to make it all! You’re so right about the chocolate covered pretzels, too. Sweet and salty is always a winning combination.

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I’m obsessed with chocolate covered pretzels Jodye – probably my favorite sweet/salty treat ever. :) Happy early Valentine’s Day!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted February 2, 2013 at 1:44 am

How bad is it that I want some of everything?!! I’m really lovin’ those pretty pink donuts right now though!

Laura Dembowskiposted February 2, 2013 at 8:33 am

So many great recipes! Hope you and Kevin do something special to celebrate :)

alexisposted February 2, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I’m SO gonna make these for valentines! So easy and yummy!! I love peppermint!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted February 3, 2013 at 4:01 am

Awwww Jason would be so thrilled if I made this for him. I haven’t started on any Valentine’s day posts, which means I should get started on this round-up tomorrow! :)

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchenposted February 4, 2013 at 9:03 pm

You’re killin’ me Sally. Just killin’ me.

LLMoultonposted June 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

I love this recipe! :) I started experimenting with different flavor mixes and chips for kicks. Strawberry is also delicious with white chocolate, but the holy grail is banana cake mix (also Duncan Hines) with peanut butter chips. Seriously. My husband and I went through two dozen cookies in two days without realizing it (I’m going to have to individually wrap and freeze next time, because I clearly can’t be trusted LOL).

Banana + peanut butter = WOW

• Sallyreplied on June 25th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Yum! Banana Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – sounds amazing!

Allisonposted February 3, 2014 at 7:45 pm

i hope to try the chocolate dipped brownie bites for my husband for velentine i hope he likes it