Valentine’s Day Desserts for your Lovebugs.
To me, Valentine’s Day means chocolate (and mushy gushy stuff of course). But… a whole bunch of chocolate too. Last year, Kevin and I had Mexican for dinner and homemade chocolate covered strawberries & peanut butter/chocolate heart-shaped blondies for dessert. This year, I have SO many options to choose from! My office is also requesting some festive goodies and I can’t wait to bake up a storm.
Today, cupid has struck me and I’m sharing a few of my favorite recipes that will be perfect for February 14th.
1. Chocolate Chip Cherry Sweet Rolls – eat chocolate for breakfast and throw in some juicy cherries too. All wrapped up in a sweet spiral-y dough and covered in a creamy glaze. These are a show-stopper treat. We LOVED them.
2. Chocolate Covered Pretzels – I make these for every single holiday using all different colored sprinkles. They are beyond easy and SO quick to make. The combination of sweet, rich chocolate and salty pretzels gets me every time. You can’t go wrong with them!
3. Peanut Butter Sweethearts – taking the same idea of a peanut butter blossom cookie but with a heart-shaped chocolate instead. These “soft-baked” peanut butter cookies are the softest and thickest peanut butter cookies you’ll ever eat. They are loaded with peanut butter, too. I’ve used this peanut butter cookie dough recipe for many other peanut butter cookies on my blog.
4. Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – so simple, so carefree, and so convenient. AND so incredibly fudgy. We love these cookies!
5. Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting – this cupcake is a reader favorite! And the peanut butter frosting just melts in your mouth. It’s so creamy and bursting with peanut butter. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, these cupcakes are a must-try.
6. Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites – no bake, so easy, quick, and loaded with Oreos, salty pretzels, and white chocolate. Top with pink sprinkles!
7. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie Hearts – aren’t they adorable? I made these for us last year. The blondies are vegan too. And so easy to make!
8. Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Snickers. Need I say more?
9. Vanilla Cupcakes for Two – one fluffy vanilla cupcake for you and one for your love. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.
10. Loaded Sugar Cookie Bars – another shortcut recipe I love. Starting with sugar cookie mix, these soft cookie bars are perfect for Valentine’s Day if you use festive sprinkles and pink and red M&Ms. I remember bringing them to a party last summer and they were gone in minutes.
11. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies – seriously does NOT get any easier than these cookies. And they are bright PINK. How can you not love a chocolate chip filled cookie that is pink?
12. Baked Strawberry Frosted Donuts - we are obsessed with these. And you’ve all told me you enjoyed them as well. You could bake these as muffins in a muffin pan if you don’t have a donut pan. Plus, they are low fat!
13. Cookies n’ Cream Cookies – who here loves cookies n’ cream as much as I do? Because these cookies are FULL of cookies n’ cream candy bars. Huge chunks in every single bite. And the homemade cookie dough could not be easier to throw together.
14. XXL Buttery Soft Sugar Cookie – this recipe makes 1 giant sugar cookie. Perfect to share with your sweetheart! Use festive red and pink sprinkles. I’ve also made a peanut butter version of this cookie before too!
15. Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – my super easy 140 calorie muffin has been SO popular on my blog this year. And chocolate and strawberries are a winning combination for Valentine’s Day. Plus, they are skinny-jean friendly!
16. Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites – chocolate chocolate and even more chocolate! These adorable little bite-sized brownies are for serious chocolate lovers. Top with festive pink and red sprinkles!
17. Salted Peanut Nutella Puppy Chow – this stuff should be illegal. My friends say it’s the best thing they’ve ever eaten… ever.
18. Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies – these cookies use my favorite soft-baked cookie dough base. They are SO thick, too. I receive countless emails about this cookie. Leave out the pecans if you’re not a nut fan!
19. Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies – these cookies use the same cookie dough as the ones linked above. Soft-baked, thick, chewy, and FULL of chocolate. We’re obsessed.
20. Easy Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes – use festive red and pink sprinkles for these super fluffy and light homemade cupcakes. They take less than 30 minutes and are easier thana box. You could also take this recipe and bake in a 8 or 9-inch square or round pan for a funfetti cake.
21. Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls – have you made these yet? Because you need to. My favorite recipe of 2012 will definitely make an appearance on Valentine’s Day for my coworkers.
22. Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies – gorgeous swirl cheesecake red velvet brownies. These are 100% homemade and SO easy to make! I love how vibrant the red color is.
Q: What are your favorite Valentine’s Day treats?