Bites of Real Life, 5.

welcome back to my bites of real life!

Bites of Real Life - TB Sparkle Shoes

{I wear sparkly shoes on Fridays.}

Bites of Real Life

{chocolate covered pretzels. my staple!}

PS: that’s my mom’s huge kitchen, not my tiny closet kitchen.

Bites of Real Life - DD

{admitting you have an addiction is the first step.}

Peanut Butter Sweethearts Cookies by Sally's Baking Addiction

Last week I made Peanut Butter Sweethearts again with Cookies n Cream white chocolate hearts that I found at the store.

Needless to say, we loved them with the Cookies n Cream hearts!

Peanut Butter Sweethearts-4

{peanut butter + cookies n cream? SO good.}

Bites of Real Life-4

{I know this is a sore subject for some non-Ravens fans, but I live in Baltimore. Woo! ;)}

Bites of Real Life - Crunchy Cookie Butter

{am I dreaming????? OMG.}

Bites of Real Life-5

{January 26th 2013. happiest day of my life. :)}

Bites of Real Life-6

{ain’t that a truth!}

Bites of Real Life-7

{my little snow bunny, Jude.}

Bites of Real Life-2

{Salted Peanut Nutella Puppy Chow. all in a day’s work.}

Bites of Real Life

{my #1 taste tester. :)}

Bites of Real Life - Quote

{my tea provides daily wisdom.}

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Cake

{dark chocolate  + raspberry + buttery streusel.}

Raspberry Chocolate Coffee Cake = so dreamy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to all of my facebook fans. Last month I reached 10,000 fans. I’m so happy to share my love in the kitchen with all of you!

Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 6.28.12 AM

{PS: You don’t want to miss those Caramel Snickers 7 Layer Bars. Wowsa!}

Happy Friday! So what’s new in your lives? Any bites of life to share?  Have a great weekend!

64 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 5.”

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggiesposted February 8, 2013 at 7:13 am

You’re so cute and your furry baby is just adorable! Did you end up getting a mile of snow today? Here in Michigan, I’m “stuck” home from work with a foot+++.. But don’t worry, I have triple chocolate cookie dough chilling in the fridge to keep me busy :)

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:30 am

Thanks Kelly! We haven’t gotten any snow – it’s just raining here in Baltimore today. I’ve been to Michigan in the wintertime – I can imagine what it’s like there right now! Enjoy those cookies Kelly!! Stay warm. :)

Lauraposted February 8, 2013 at 8:32 am

I need to get that cookie butter shipped to Scotland, it sounds amazing!! I’ve never read a blog before but as a fellow baker I absolutely love yours, and the recipes are fantastic. Keep sharing! :-)
    Lx

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:41 am

That makes my day Laura – knowing you read my blog. PS: I’m from Scottish heritage. :)

Erin | The Law Student's Wifeposted February 8, 2013 at 8:39 am

Sally, hope you don’t mind me saying, but you are adorable!
    PS. the second I saw the pic in the kitchen, I felt instant jealousy as in “HOW is a kitchen that beautiful in an apartment?!” lol. I dream of having my mom’s kitchen someday! Parents have it made that way.

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Thank you Erin! Oh and I am SO jealous of my mom’s kitchen. It’s huge and has the best lighting ever. She lives 2 hours away though. :( But when I visit home, I soak it all up!!

angela @ another bite pleaseposted February 8, 2013 at 9:04 am

such cute pictures….and dang girl you are so photogenic…you always look so adorable and so put together…i love those peanut butter hearts and now you are telling me cookies n creme…i’ve been avoiding the candy aisle so haven’t seen all the “new” stuff….but those will be screaming out to me buy me buy me…make sally’s delicious cookies with me! ;-) Happy Weekend.

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 9:24 am

Aww Angela! Thank you so much for the compliment – trust me, you haven’t seen the un-photogenic pictures of me lol! I love those peanut butter sweetheart cookies :)

Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted February 8, 2013 at 9:19 am

I’m still so, so happy for you guys! Kevin better smile on your wedding day! :-) (It’s like pulling teeth to get them to smile sometimes!!)

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:04 am

Kevin haaaaaaaaaates smiling. Ohhhh but he KNOWS a smile is mandatory for wedding pictures!!!! Thanks Cassie!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted February 8, 2013 at 9:23 am

Cuuuuute! Love seeing a few bites of your real life, Sally!
    Hope wedding plans are going well! Enjoy the weekend :)

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:08 am

Thanks Colleen! I’m glad my readers aren’t bored by my non-food posts.

Caleyposted February 8, 2013 at 9:25 am

I love cooking at my parents’ house too. My mom has two ovens, which is SO convenient! You’re lucky to have a taste-tester. ;) I bring stuff to work and church (I volunteer with the youth group, so I have no shortage of cookie fiends!), but it would be fun to have a boy right there to feed! Haha. Congratulations again! :D

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Hey Caley! My coworkers and friends are taste testers too. They give me a lot of feedback before something goes on my blog! I wish I had two ovens!

Kathyposted February 8, 2013 at 9:28 am

Love, love, WANT those shoes!!
    Getting ready to make my all time favorite – white chocolate snickerdoodle blondies – for my son’s basketball game tomorrow night. He’s varsity with thirteen other seniors, so I’m making three batches. Hope that will be enough!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:10 am

Hi Kathy! Those are one of my favorite recipes as well! You’re reminding me that I must make them ASAP. It’s been awhile! Hungry basketball players… yeah, they’ll LOVE those!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted February 8, 2013 at 9:47 am

Yayyyy engagement!!! :) :)
    Also-my mom totally has a gorgeous new huge kitchen that she never…uses. I get so sad thinking about it :P

Natasha @ The Cake Merchantposted February 8, 2013 at 9:54 am

Parents’ kitchens really are the best places to take pictures. Mine are a 2 hour plane ride away, though :( And that dog is just adorable!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:13 am

Thanks Natasha! I would love to shoot pictures in their beautifully lit kitchen. But I’m stuck in my little dark apartment. Ugh! thanks for the compliment on Jude – he barks and says thanks ;)

Courtney @ Neighborfoodposted February 8, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love this series! Congrats on the engagement. Your ring and that snowy backdrop are both perfect!!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 10:13 am

Thank you for the congrats Courtney!! It was a beautiful place to get engaged.

Aimee @ like mother like daughterposted February 8, 2013 at 10:10 am

I love this, getting to know you. My favorite shake is peanut butter oreo so I’m sure I would love those pb cookies and cream cookies. My bro and his wife live in baltimore too, so they were happy about the out come, I was not. Ps what camera do you use?

Meghan @ The Tasty Forkposted February 8, 2013 at 11:02 am

I LOVE that I’m not the only person who orders coffee and uses a straw to drink it!! I spill on myself all the time. Straws are the best at preventing coffee from getting all over my shirt!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 11:25 am

Hey Meghan! Yes!! I always drink my coffee with a straw. I really don’t have a reason why. But yes, otherwise I would spill on myself all of the time!

Ikhlasposted February 8, 2013 at 11:04 am

I love these posts, Sally! So much fun to read :)
    Those pretzels and cookies look so yummy :)

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks Ikhlas! I’m glad these non-food posts aren’t totally boring! ;)

tijuana (po' man meals)posted February 8, 2013 at 11:20 am

you are the sweetest person to communicate with online and you look the SAME way in your pictures! so sweet! congrats on your engagement. you guys look so happy. this has to be such an exciting time for you. you are going to have the best dessert table EVER! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 11:27 am

This comment means the world to my, Tijuana. And all of your genuine sweet words on each post. I truly appreciate each one! Thank you for the congrats and I can’t even WAIT to design/plan our dessert table!!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreationsposted February 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

It’s lovely that you are giving us a glimpse into your life :) Are you as addicted to coffee as me? Or is it specifically Dunkin Donuts coffee?

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I’m addicted to ALL coffee ;)

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted February 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Planning a wedding is so much fun!! Your ring is absolutely GORGEOUS! Do you guys have a date yet?

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

thank you ashley!! we are thinking September 2014. A little ways away.

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted February 8, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Congrats on 10,000 Facebook Followers! That’s amazing :D Though you do post mouthwatering recipe all the time so I’m not totally suprised heehee

Ashleyposted February 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm

haha I love the dunkin donuts photos. We love them too but I have an utterly ridiculous obsession with wawa coffee. And since there are none close to us I buy it in bulk from some online place to brew at home. At least I know I have a problem : )

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I love Wawa coffee! We don’t have any wawa’s around that are convenient to get to. I miss living in PA!

Jordanposted February 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for yall!!!!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Thank you Jordan! =)

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted February 8, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love seeing your shooting area and your camera all set up! Yeah if I did that with my camera body + lens, my setup weight about 6 lbs, I think the tripod would fall over at that angle. I still need to buy the one you have!

The Peanut Butter Sweethearts again with Cookies n Cream white chocolate hearts…those hearts! I just want to give those little cookies a hug!! they look so good :)

And you and Kevin, you in your mom’s kitchen, you look so awesome, Sally! You look so at peace and at home & in your element!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Thanks Averie! Yes your camera and lens are a little more hefty than mine! The tripod is a little sturdy but I’m not sure how it would do with a heavier lens. I never thought about it to be honest! I wish I had my mom’s kitchen. TWO ovens. Jealous.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted February 8, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Wow, 10K fans!? Congratulations, pretty girl! Such an amazing milestone–you should be seriously proud! And I need to find me those cookies n cream sweethearts!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

thank you so much Hayley!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted February 8, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I want that puppy chow. And those shoes. And your mom’s kitchen!

Jennposted February 8, 2013 at 8:38 pm

That is so funny you said that about the kitchen, because I was going to tell you that your kitchen was beautiful!!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I wish it was my own!! Thanks Jenn :)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted February 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I’m so glad to have found your wonderful spot on the internets! You are awesome and beautiful and full of inspiration!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

This makes my day – you are the best. Thanks Miss!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted February 8, 2013 at 9:40 pm

You are so cute, Sally! And that kitchen is gorgeous! My kitchen is closet-sized too. I think as food bloggers, we are REQUIRED to have a huge kitchen with plenty of windows around!

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted February 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I had a lot of things I wanted to comment on, but then I saw the CRUNCHY COOKIE BUTTER and I can no longer think of anything else. Think about what we can make with that!!! Good thing TJ’s is closed, or I would be in my car right now…

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

You NEEEEEED to try the cookie butter Ari!!! I’m obsessed!!

Laura Dembowskiposted February 9, 2013 at 8:16 am

Love these posts, Sally! I love cruchy Biscoff. So yummy!

Mercedesposted February 9, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Love those sparkly shoes and I must find those Cookies n’ Cream Hearts!

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Thanks Mercedes! I found the cookies n cream hearts at Walgreens.

Carolposted February 9, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Congrats on 10,000 facebook fans!
    I grew up in Towson, myself.
    Sparkly shoes on Fridays seems like a wonderful idea.

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

That is too funny Carol – I’m right near Towson! I love the huge mall there.

• Carolreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

aaahh yes. the Galleria!
        Small world!

• Carolreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I mean Towson Town Center. Duh.

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I knew what ya meant. ;) Thanks Carol!

ashley - baker by natureposted February 9, 2013 at 5:42 pm

You are just the cutest-thing-ever! I love these posts!

Allison @ Life's a Bowlposted February 9, 2013 at 6:29 pm

You’re absolutely adorable! And your eats are always so heavenly… I cannot wait to try my first recipe- my hubby has been begging me for those oatmeal cookie pies ;)

P.S. I’m in DC and just learned you’re from Bmore!

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

We are so close Allison! My fiance and I were about to head to DC last night but we had a change of plans. I love how close it is to Baltimore! LEt me know how the oatmeal cream pies turn out. I am a tad obsessed with them… ;)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted February 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

Those pumps are so adorable!! Crunchy cookie butter is life changing.:) Just sayin’. :) And the cookies and cream candy – must.find!!

Marcie @ FlavortheMomentsposted February 12, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Congratulations on your engagement AND your 10,000 Facebook fans. Wow. I’ve been blogging for half that amount and I’ve got 20. LOL Good things come to those that wait, and it’s so fun, too! You’ve got a great site here.

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2013 at 8:31 am

Thanks Marcie! That’s so sweet of you. Just takes some hard work and determination. And patience! Which I don’t have, but I’m workin’ on it. :)