25 Easter Brunch & Dessert Recipes.

Can you believe it’s already Easter Sunday this weekend? Where did March go?

I’ve been so busy packing up the apartment (moving next week!) and getting ready for vacation with Kevin this weekend that I hardly realized Easter was so soon.  That must mean warm weather is on the horizon. I’ll take it!

Easter Dessert + Brunch Recipes

I have a wonderful round-up for you today that will help you plan your Easter brunch menu and give you a few easy ideas for Easter dessert.  Cakes, cupcakes, breakfast, rolls, bread, cookies, and everything in between.  Have some fun and find some creative ideas here.

And of course, Happy Easter!

What are you making for Easter this Sunday?

1) Jellybean Sugar Cookies – easiest homemade sugar cookie recipe ever.  They are so soft and only take 20 minutes start to finish. One of our favorites!

Jellybean Sugar Cookies

2) Peeps S’mores.  If you love Peeps or if you hate Peeps – pretty sure you’ll want to make a few Peeps S’mores this holiday!

Peeps S'mores

3) No Easter brunch should be complete without Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls. No cake mix needed in this homemade cinnamon roll recipe!

Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls (without cake mix)-6

4) Or try my Homemade Orange Sweet Rolls recipe instead – these are a dead-ringer for those canned Pillsbury orange rolls.

Orange Sweet Rolls by sallysbakingaddiction.com

5) Want a super easy cinnamon bun recipe? These Mini Cake Batter (no yeast) Cinnamon Buns take only 20 minutes!

Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns

6) Why not have some Homemade Monkey Bread with Caramel Sauce to share with the family this weekend?  Make it the night ahead and save yourself some time in the morning.

Homemade Monkey Bread

7) A healthy baked donut recipe is always a winner in our kitchen – these Baked Cinnamon Bun Donuts with Vanilla Glaze can also be made as muffins if you don’t have a donut pan.

Cinnamon Bun Donuts

8) Another healthy choice for Easter brunch are by Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffins.   Only 130 calories each and made with normal, easy ingredients.

Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffins-9

9) I recently made a Super Moist Carrot Cake recipe and it has been getting rave reviews, and not only from my family but from readers as well.  This is the best carrot cake I’ve ever had. And it takes a lot for me to consider something “the best!”

Super Moist Carrot Cake

10) Another recent cake I made is my Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake – this has already been a huge hit with readers as well.  You can also try making these into homemade funfetti cupcakes. Use pastel sprinkles for Easter.

Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake

11) Make my Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies with pastel M&Ms. These are unbelievable. I love using brown butter in cookies!

Brown Butter Pretzel M+M Cookies

12) Pick up a package of Oreos and cream cheese to make my Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. These cookies are wonderful – it’s a basic cookie recipe with cream cheese added to the dough!

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

13) Speaking of cheesecake, have you made my Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars yet?  They put me in the mood for spring!

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars

14) I made these Fudgy Cookies n Cream Oreo Brownies last spring and my entire office gobbled them up in minutes.  You could use a box brownie mix for them, too. So easy.

Fudgy Cookies n Cream Oreo Brownies

15) Back to breakfast: add this super easy Raspberry Chocolate Coffee Cake to your brunch menu. We have this every Christmas morning and it will always be one of my favorites.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Cake

16) Big, Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins are so easy to make using my “master batter” recipe. You could also use it to make Jumbo Blueberry Muffins.

Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins

17) Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars are so easy to make and scream “spring-time” to me.  A friend of mine who “hates lemon” was obsessed with these. I guess that’s a good thing!

Oatmeal Lemon Cream Bars

18) Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. Enough said!

Golden-Oreo-Cake-Batter-Blondies

19) How wonderful would these bright and cheery (and chocolate-y) Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins look on your table spread?  I love these guys.

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins

20) No Easter is complete without funfetti! My Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes are unbelievably easy to make – less than 30 minutes! You could also make this recipe into a Homemade Funfetti Cake (also linked above).

Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

21) Perfect Peanut Butter M&M Cookies. Readers give high praise to my soft & thick peanut butter cookie recipe!

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

22) Quick! Go buy bananas today so they will be all ready to go on Sunday to make my Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread-5

23) While you’re at it, try these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel. The thick cinnamon streusel puts them over the top!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel-3

24) Some snacky Cupcake Puppy Chow with pastel sprinkles are always a nice touch too. Takes about 6 minutes to make… and polish off! Perfect for Easter baskets!

Cupcake Puppy Chow (without cake mix)

25) Everything I love about snickerdoodle cookies packed into blondie form – and I added white chocolate. Love these Snickerdoodle White Chocolate Chip Blondies!

Snickerdoodle White Chocolate Blondies

Let me know what you make this holiday.  Happy Easter! :)

51 Responses to “25 Easter Brunch & Dessert Recipes.”

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queenposted March 26, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I just got very hungry! Anytime it’s a holiday I stuff my face and Easter falls on my birthday so it looks like a sweats pants day for me! I have always eyed the cupcake puppy chow and maybe this weekend it’s time to finally make it! LOL

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Wellposted March 26, 2013 at 9:52 pm

The Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread sounds amazing to me. I’ve having a friend over for some baking+LesMis watching on Saturday, and am thinking about making your pink chocolate chip cookies. The color gets me every time!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 10:05 am

I still need to see Les Mis! I missed it in the theaters. Enjoy the movie and those cookies Avery!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted March 26, 2013 at 10:02 pm

So many great recipes! I might just have to make all of them this Sunday. Hope you have a fabulous vacation, you deserve it.

Katrinaposted March 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Oh my goodness, I can’t even decide!

Well, maybe I’d say Homemade Orange Sweet Rolls, Oreo Cheesecake Cookies, Raspberry Chocolate Coffee Cake, Peanut Butter M&M Cookies, and Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for certain. I don’t much care for Peeps, but those s’mores look freakin’ awesome, so I’d have to try them, too.

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 10:05 am

ok those are all of my favorites. Especially those peanut butter m&m cookies!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted March 26, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Um…I wanna come over to your house for Easter

:P

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted March 26, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Can I call you the Sprinkles Funfetti Cake Batter blog? lol

I didn’t realize how many you had (and I know this isn’t even an inclusive list) until I see them all here! And one is more yummy looking than the next!

And some of them feel like they’re from years!! ago and your blog has only even been around 18 mos or so. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

Easter. Well nothing formal for us. Nothing formal for Passover either. But I know the bunny is showing up to drop off some candy and goodies :)

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 10:04 am

yes, let’s officially change the blog name b/c that’s apparently my specialty these days! thanks for all the kind words, Averie! And have a GREAT passover and easter this weekend – lots of pink treats for Skylar!

Marcie @ FlavortheMomentsposted March 27, 2013 at 12:21 am

Lots of great Easter-worthy recipes, Sally! I wouldn’t expect anything less. Those Golden Oreo cake batter blondies just look like the bomb! I guess you could call them blond bombshells, then?

jodye @ chocolate and chou fleurposted March 27, 2013 at 1:33 am

I had totally forgotten that Easter is just around the corner! I can’t believe I almost missed an opportunity to make spring themed treats! The oatmeal lemon creme bars and the chocolate raspberry coffee cake sound just divine, as do all of the other sprinkle filled recipes!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Thanks Jodye – you picked out a few of my favorites to comment on :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted March 27, 2013 at 2:48 am

Ha! I just did a post for Easter brunch and dessert ideas too. I would love to come to your house for Easter if I get to eat all of these goodies!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted March 27, 2013 at 7:17 am

Aaaah, way too many amazing recipes to choose! Thanks for these ideas, Sally! I’m still debating what to make for brunch on Sunday with my fam, so some of these recipes may serve as inspiration. :-D

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 9:58 am

Well, I know you’ll make something wonderful as usual Colleen. I’m still thinking about your herbed biscuits from the other day. Amazing.

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggiesposted March 27, 2013 at 8:08 am

Woah, going away for the weekend and then moving next week?! Busy lady!

I hadn’t quite hammered out a plan for Easter yet… now I have like a billion options and ideas floating through my head :) I firmly believe holidays are a time to do your indulgent eating, so you better bet I’m going to make something super not good for me and extra, extra tasty (I’m looking at you, cake batter cinnamon rolls!)

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 9:57 am

tell me about it, it’s a crazy week ahead! And those cake batter cinnamon rolls sound like the perfect choice. ;)

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted March 27, 2013 at 9:24 am

Love this round up! Great ideas. We are actually traveling on Sunday for Spring Break so getting all of my baking done this week!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 9:57 am

safe travels Nancy!

Mary Francesposted March 27, 2013 at 9:36 am

Oh Sally, these look incredible! Especially the lemon blueberry cheesecake … that combo is almost as good as peanut butter and chocolate. Almost;). I for one will be making your skinny brownies (one of the best ever) and will have to try some of those above. The coffee cake also looks divine. Too many choices!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 9:55 am

Hey Mary Frances! I love those brownies too. :) Enjoy the lemon blueberry cheesecake bars if you make them too!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Healthposted March 27, 2013 at 10:00 am

I just want to tell you that you do a seriously amazing job with your blog. I often feel overwhelmed with working and blogging and have half as much going on compared to you. Anyway, great job, everything always looks beautiful and I can’t wait to try the carrot cake recipe! Yum!

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted March 27, 2013 at 10:15 am

Dear Sally, please send me a dozen of each dessert you featured above. That should last me through noon. Thanks. :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted March 27, 2013 at 10:46 am

What a fun round-up! I seriously need to make everything. Those creme bars are totally going first on the list though.

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted March 27, 2013 at 10:51 am

What a fabulous round up, Sally! So many recipes to choose from! I know my girls will vote for the M&M cookies :) Happy Easter!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 11:47 am

I like their vote, Anna =) Happy Easter to you as well!

li niposted March 27, 2013 at 10:59 am

Dear Dana,
    Could you please tell me when you say spinkles and not nonpareils do you then mean the ones that go on ice cream ?? those kind of sprinkles?? I’m having a hard time find sprinkles that are not no pareils.
    I love your recipes and website. It is my go to site for any baking recipes

Alexis @ Hummusapienposted March 27, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Would it be weird if I made all 25? Ok fine… raspberry white chocolate coffee cake it is!

Taylorposted March 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm

My cousin and I made your carrot cake, I was so amazed at how fast it came together! So easy and SOOO good. Now I just have to decide what to bring in for my co-workers for Easter. Those funfetti cupcakes look mighty good :)

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted March 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm

And now I just want to cook my way through your entire blog. Not that this is anything new. I’ll start a new blog a la Julie & Julia except it will be Ari & Sally, and it will be awesome because I won’t have to cook a live lobster! ;)

Carla @ Carlas Confectionsposted March 27, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Oh my! I am in love with those mini cake batter cinnamon rolls! They are so cute, and mini foods really are the best! Great round-up as always Sally! :D

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted March 27, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Thanks for all the ideas!! I bought the stuff to make your moist carrot cake yesterday! I plan on making it Saturday to bring to Easter dinner at my mom’s Sunday.

Katy @ KatysKitchenposted March 27, 2013 at 1:11 pm

These all look delicious! Happy Easter and good luck with the move! :)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted March 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Sally, this such a great roundup of recipes! Everything looks so incredible, especially your cake batter cinnamon rolls… I literally think I did a double-take on those – amazing! :) Thanks for sharing all your Easter brunch picks!

angela @ another bite pleaseposted March 27, 2013 at 2:51 pm

love this recipe roundup…love seeing all these recipes again…now decisions decisions on what to make!

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted March 27, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Sally I am seriously digging those peeps smores. So pretty and I bet so delicious! Good luck with your packing and all the business! :D

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Thanks Jess! Packing has been a headache. I should reward myself with a Peeps S’more…

Mercedesposted March 27, 2013 at 5:49 pm

What a colorful and festive roundup Sally! I would like a bite of each please!

Julia | JuliasAlbum.composted March 27, 2013 at 6:22 pm

This is an amazing collection of recipe! The colors are so bright on these photos: very festive recipes indeed! I will definitely be checking out many of them, especially festive looking Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls. I can’t imagine how you manage to run this very popular blog with high quality photos and recipes and have a full-time job! You’re amazing!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Thank you so much Julia! It’s lots of hard work, but I love it. Enjoy those Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls if you make them!

Abbe@This is How I Cookposted March 27, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Looks like great choices! And I really hope you have a place to buy your sprinkles wholesale! Good luck with the move!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Thanks Abbe! I buy my sprinkles in bulk, yes. ;) I have to!

Laura Dembowskiposted March 28, 2013 at 8:44 am

Easter is such a fun holiday to bake for. And yes it has to mean nice weather is coming. Really, it has to, right?

• Sallyreplied on March 28th, 2013 at 8:52 am

let’s hope so! because the forecast says otherwise. :(

Mary Ellenposted March 28, 2013 at 9:38 am

Holy cow the kids at my rehearsals would LOVE these! They still talk about my chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. I think these would be a faster alternative. My cupcakes: http://whisktogether.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/chocolatechip/

• Sallyreplied on March 28th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

your cookie dough cupcakes look amazing Mary Ellen! no wonder they still talk about them!

Nutmeg Nannyposted March 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

Your treats are all so pretty :) I can never decide which I want to try first!

Ninaposted March 31, 2013 at 10:39 am

You got me hungry Sally…lovely collection of all the yummy treats:) I am particularly intrigued with the Baked Donuts and I just ordered my donut pan from amazon. Will let you know how it came out. Happy Easter to you and your family:)

• Sallyreplied on April 1st, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I love my donut pan! Let me know if you make them sometime. Thanks so much Nina!