Bites of Real Life, 7.

Welcome back to my bites of real life.

Anthropologie Vase

{love my new anthropologie vase.}

That store is dangerous for me!

Bites of Real Life-3

{my Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies are featured in Woman’s World Magazine this week.}

I was so excited and honored to be their featured blogger!

My mom has already bought several copies. 😉

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are my most popular recipe.

Pinned on Pinterest over 240,000 times. Wow!

Canon 5D Mark iii

{my new camera.}

The Canon 5D Mark iii was quite the business investment for me.  But it is worth its weight in gold.

Bites of Real Life

The new camera took this gorgeous picture of sleepy Jude. :)

Bites of Real Life-2

{priceless time spent with my best friend Amy.}

She is one of my bridesmaids, along with my sisters and Kevin’s sisters.

Bites of Real Life-4

Kevin and I chose our wedding date!

{september 20th 2014}

We also have the church and reception venue booked; the wedding will be in Philadelphia where I grew up.

Wedding Bouquet

{exactly what I want my bouquet to look like. I love ranunculus!}

Our wedding colors will be oranges, dark pinks, with some teal/blue accents.

DIY photography backdrop

{This is my latest project.}

DIY wood photo backdrop. I used Lindsay’s tutorial to make it. The other side is distressed white.

Bites of Real Life-5

{I call these my pumpkin pants.}

Which inevitably means I need to have fun in them. 😀

{suja juice: my latest obsession.}

The organic, raw, cold-pressed fruit/veggie juices are available at Whole Foods or online.

Cookie Dough Frosting

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just wish I could live off of cookie dough frosting.

Go grab your copy of Woman’s World on shelves this week!

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Can you believe tomorrow is the first day of May?

129 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 7.”

Tamaraposted April 30, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now and but I don’t comment ofter. However I did see the feature while in the market over the weekend. I showed my mom haha and was like “Look its a blogger I follow!” Congrats Sally :)

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:49 am

That is so, so sweet. Thank you Tamara! I’m so happy to hear that you’ve been following me for a long time. Thank you for that, too.

Reeniposted April 30, 2013 at 8:37 pm

The flowers are gorgeous Sally! I love your wedding colors – they’re similar to my dream kitchen colors. Congrats on Woman’s World! So exciting.

Ashleyposted April 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm

What a great photo backdrop! As much as I love being in the kitchen, working with wood and painting is quite fun, too. I re-did an old dresser this past weekend (new paint and hardware) for next to nothing, and I LOVE it! Oh, and those pants scream FUN!!!

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:46 am

I’m into the whole painting thing now. I’m looking for old pieces of furniture to paint. :)

Renaposted April 30, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Loved this! Your pink top with the black lace is stunning, may I ask where you got it? I have so many of your recipes t try, may have to make those cookies soon too…

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:45 am

Hi Rena! Thanks so much – I got the top at Neiman Marcus over Christmas.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted April 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Congrats Sally! That is a huge deal. And I’m about to go pin those board instructions. :)

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:45 am

he board was so easy to make, Dorothy. And not too pricey at all for what it is worth.

Lizposted April 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Congrats, Sally, on setting a date and getting the church and venue booked! Such an exciting time of your life…..13 years ago for me! Plus, I loooove your flower bouquet choice – beautiful colors! :)

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:45 am

Congrats on 13 years, Liz! And thank YOU for your congrats too :)

Amyposted May 1, 2013 at 12:29 am

Sally, I shared your story of Women’s World (and of “meeting” you on the Internet last week!) with my mom yesterday. She immediately drove to the store while still on the phone (thank goodness for hands-free ear pieces) and bought as many copies as she could find. You’re going to be famous in my tiny hometown! Congratulations again!! :]

P.S. Those are such pretty flowers, absolutely perfect for a wedding bouquet. But I’m sure they won’t compare at all to the beautiful bride!

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:42 am

You are both so sweet, Amy. And you are my biggest cheerleader! So glad to have stumbled across you and your blog, too. :)

• Amyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 1:43 pm

You can never have too many cheerleaders! You have so much that you’re juggling right now — your blog, your cookbook, planning a wedding, getting enough sleep & exercise, staying sane — and you’re successful at all of it. You’re a role model to many people, even if they don’t tell you that, and they’re all cheering you on too!

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thanks my friend 😀

Jessposted May 1, 2013 at 12:45 am

So glad to see your Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies getting all that attention, Sally – they are amazing! I now bring those cookies to just about every event that warrants the making of cookies….not to mention the occasional Friday night craving. 😉

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:41 am

I love that Jess! The cookies are outstanding. Truly my best recipe. Thanks so much!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted May 1, 2013 at 4:48 am

Congrats on the feature! You rock!

And I’m so excited for your wedding. It’s not far at all! Oh and the pumpkin pants? Love it!

Meghan @ The Tasty Forkposted May 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm

OMG!! Sally!! That’s amazing about your feature!! You go girl!

I’m happy you’re getting the biggest wedding action items nailed down. Getting a church and venue really allows you to enjoy being engaged….and bake more treats :)

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:17 pm

You are the best, Meghan! Thank you for all your thoughtful comments tonight! Getting the venue and church out of the way was a hurdle to get over, but I’m glad we have them all set. :) And yes – more time to bake!

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchenposted May 1, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Huge congratulations on setting your wedding date and the magazine article! How exciting :) Love all your photos and your wedding flower idea is gorgeous.

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Thank you so much, Rosie!

Trudyposted May 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm

YAY! Congratulations on your magazine article – that’s FANTASTIC!
    And that’s awesome you set a date! Plenty of time to get it all done 😀
    Loving the pumpkin pants!

I have yet to try the cake batter cookies (they look so scrumptious though)! HOWEVER, I did recently try the inside out(reverse?) cookies (I can’t remember what they were called!) but the chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and they were DELISH! Loved them for sure!

Again congratulations on the magazine article, you deserve all these great things that are coming to you!

My husband would be very jealous of your camera…he swears by Canon and has a 7D, he wants the 5D so bad though… haha

• Sallyreplied on May 2nd, 2013 at 6:00 pm

So many sweet things here, thank you Trudy! Glad you like my pants. They sure are bright in real person. And those inside out cookies – love them! They are so easy to make. And so fudgy!

Luv What You Doposted May 2, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Congrats on the magazine! That is awesome! You must be so super excited!
    I’ve seen this juice on other blogs but never heard of it before….do you order it for a cleanse?

• Sallyreplied on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:30 am

Yep, I ordered it for a cleanse and I buy it regularly at Whole Foods.

Nutmeg Nannyposted May 3, 2013 at 12:39 am

So exciting to be in woman’s world :) congrats! Have fun with wedding planning, I already miss it!

• Sallyreplied on May 3rd, 2013 at 7:31 am

Thank you, I’m excited!

Lauraposted May 3, 2013 at 8:40 am

Congrats on your cookie feature, totally deserved, if we got the magazine over here I’d buy it! I made them a few weeks ago and kept the dough in the fridge for 3 days, just baking a few (8 or 9 is a few right?!!) each night and they were amazing, I’ll definitely be making them again. Loving your wedding colours, so pretty! Lx

• Sallyreplied on May 3rd, 2013 at 8:41 am

Thank you so much Laura! And that’s exactly what I do with cookie dough too. Bake a little bit at a time when the craving hits!

Heather Rposted May 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Congratulations on making it into Woman’s World magazine! WOW!

September is a perfect time of year for a wedding and the colors you have chosen are absolutely gorgeous! Love the bouquet!

Also, very nice camera. Love looking at the pictures of your food:0)

• Sallyreplied on May 4th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Thank you so much!

Erikaposted May 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Congrats! Both on the magazine and wedding plans! I got married on the 21st September, but 13 years ago!

• Sallyreplied on May 9th, 2013 at 3:54 pm