Bites of Real Life, 8.

Welcome back to my Bites of Real Life. :)

Spatula - I never met a cookie I didn't like!

It’s true! I love cookies, especially if they are stuffed with caramel.

Food Photography Prop Buffet Table

All of a sudden, I find that I’m a food photography prop junkie. I recently bought someplace to store it all. This is a Carmichael Distressed Buffet Table from Pier 1 – seriously in love with it. It can hold so much and the shelves are adjustable.

Food Photography Prop Buffet Table-3

It beautifully displays many of my little kitchen gadgets.

Food Photography Prop Buffet Table-2

The majority of my food photography props are from Anthropologie, Home Goods, or thrift shops.

I need a lot of props to get through cookbook photoshoots!

Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook = May 2014!

Only 15 short months away until 9/20/14. ♥

Right now I’m deciding on bridesmaid dress colors. The colors of our wedding are oranges, pinks, golds, and some teal accents.  Lots of color – like you see here on my website. 😉

Sprinkles Wedding Cake

Kevin already said yes to sprinkles on our wedding cake.

As if you were surprised!

Kevin & Sally

We’re having our engagement photos taken at the end of the summer. Our wedding photographer, Megan Beth, is amazing and I can’t wait to work with her!

St. Lucia-2

Take me back to St. Lucia! I traveled there for my good friend’s wedding earlier this month!

Trip to St. Lucia

Pina coladas by the pool with my good friends in the Caribbean. Not a bad way to kick off the summer!

We stayed in a villa in Soufriere Bay.  Gorgeous!

Easy Key Lime Pie Squares

When I got home from the tropics, I immediately made Key Lime Pie Squares.

Totally still craving that fresh citrus!

People often ask me: how do you make it through 5 miles on the treadmill?

Easy! I think about recipes to bake. I also think about my next margarita. 😉

Confetti Cake Batter Cookies

I run for sprinkles.

Cake Batter Confetti Cookies to be exact.

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 7.22.30 PM

The Huffington Post voted my little space on the internet one of the top food bloggers to follow this month!

Along with many other bloggers I follow. I’m beyond honored. Not too long ago, it was only my mom reading Sally’s Baking Addiction.  Thank you to everyone for continuing to stop by. 😉

Go check out the other top bloggers!

Can you believe it’s already the middle of June?!

125 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 8.”

makememycakeposted June 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Wow Sally Congratulations!!! first thing for your marriage because personal life is first thing in life, if you have this the rest comes alone. And second for your blog, I agree that its a great blog, full of tips and full of personality behind.
    How can I send you a private email???
    Enjoy everything that is happening in your life!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 18th, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Thank you so much for the congrats! I really appreciate it. My website email is sallysbakingaddiction {at}

Joannaposted June 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm

“I run for sprinkles.” Ha! I need this on a tank top so badly.

• Sallyreplied on June 18th, 2013 at 8:25 pm

if you find a shirt like that – let me know!

Reeniposted June 18, 2013 at 9:20 pm

So many good things are happening for you girly! I can’t wait for your cookbook to come out and I love that you’re having a sprinkle cake! It’s so ‘you’!!

laurasmessposted June 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I can’t wait for your cookbook either Sally! Argh! So exciting! Kevin is a good man for permitting the sprinkles on the wedding cake (my husband would’ve just flat out said ‘nope’, haha!). Hope that all of the plans are going smoothly!
    And yes – definitely agree with everyone else’s comments about the Huffington Post. You’re definitely an inspirational, talented blogger! I don’t understand how you find enough energy for it all… you’re amazing! xx

• Sallyreplied on June 19th, 2013 at 10:31 am

Well… to be honest… Kevin said “the cake is up to you” – he never actually said “YES” to sprinkles. But in my mind – that’s a yes. Haha! And thanks for the sweet comments :)

Luv What You Doposted June 18, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Anthro has the cutest plates!
    I can’t wait to see your cookbook and all of the amazing things coming your way in 2014!

Amy Griffinposted June 19, 2013 at 7:05 am

Congratulations!!! I love sprinkles too!!! Cannot wait to see your Wedding Cake!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 19th, 2013 at 10:27 am

Thanks Amy!

Maria in NJposted June 19, 2013 at 8:32 am

Oh we have something in common, your wedding date is my birthday!! can’t wait for the cookbook, where did you get that spatula, I NEED that…

• Sallyreplied on June 19th, 2013 at 10:25 am

Your birthday! How perfect Maria =)

Trudyposted June 19, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Love all your cute baking things!

And isn’t that why we all workout??
    To eat delicious things!

Yay for more wedding prep…exciting! 😉

• Sallyreplied on June 19th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Trudy!

Audreyposted June 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm

That is a BEAUTIFUL ring and a BEAUTIFUL cake!! congrats.

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted June 20, 2013 at 1:07 am

Congratulations, Sally! So happy to hear of your engagement, scheduled wedding date and cookbook release date! Wahoo!!! You have worked very hard to reach this point, m’lady. I just adore your blog and it is one of my top faves to visit! (No wonder The Huffington Post ranked you in the top ten. Congrats there, too!) Bakers have a natural attraction to each other and I’m always amazed at what you come up with in your recipe creations. And, cheers for sprinkles on your tiered wedding cake…yay! Can’t wait for your cookbook! xo

• Sallyreplied on June 20th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Thank you so much Stacy! You are so supportive all the time – and you know what it’s like to bake bake bake! And work hard, so thank you!

Christy S.posted June 21, 2013 at 10:27 am

Ooh, a COOKBOOK? Sign me up for one of those! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for it next year :) I always get raves when I bring goodies made from your recipes to get-togethers!

• Sallyreplied on June 21st, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for the cookbook support, Christy! And for following my blog and making my recipes. :)

• Christy S.replied on June 21st, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I’m hosting a baby shower at my house tomorrow, and I’m making two of your cupcake recipes for it. Can’t wait to try them both tomorrow :)

• Sallyreplied on June 21st, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Great! Hope you all enjoy :)

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted June 21, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Your ring is absolutely beautiful Sally! Congratulations on your engagement :) You are such a cute couple. I am obsessed with Anthropologie’s accessories and bowls! They always have good stuff 😉

• Sallyreplied on June 21st, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Hi Maggie! You are so sweet – thank you so much for the kind comment about Kevin and I. I love Anthropologie! So obsessed :)

Joy @ Baking-Joyposted June 22, 2013 at 9:59 am

I love your display table Sally, so lovely! And that cake is absolutely amazing! :-)

Raaniposted June 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Congrats on your engagement! You’ve inspired me to go shopping for props! I added you to my blogroll so I’ll remember to visit your site as part of my online routine. :)

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Thanks Raani!

Nutmeg Nannyposted July 1, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Congratulations on your engagement, your ring really is beautiful :)

• Sallyreplied on July 1st, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Thank you!

Annposted July 24, 2013 at 11:33 am

Sally….I have been perusing baking sites, blogs etc. looking for the perfect items to bake for my daughter’s bridal shower in Sept. She’s getting married in Oct. and is 29. She gave me a list of her favorite “flavors” and some of them are Funfetti, marshmallow, chocolate & peanut butter. So needless to say I’ve found soooo many things on your blog that I’m going to try. I’ll keep you posted!! Thank you..I really enjoyed reading about you (reminds me of my daughter, she’s a cupcake baker in her spare time) and creative like you. I wish you and your fiancee the very best wishes on your wedding!

• Sallyreplied on July 24th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Ann, what a sweet comment. I truly appreciate you taking the time to chat with me about your daughter! She sounds a lot like me. All those flavors are some of my favorites. I’m so glad you stumbled upon my blog. Let me know what you make for the shower! Congrats to her!

Jessica Jamesposted August 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I LOVE your photography skills!!! Looking at your photos makes me wish i was that good!!! How do you balance your home life with your work life?

P.S. Congrats on your engagement!!! <3