Bites of Real Life, 9. ☀

Welcome back to my bites of real life.

bites of real life

Frosties and fruit. Summer treats I love all year long.

Honey Roasted Homemade Peanut Butter - I make this ALL the time, it is so good!

I make this homemade peanut butter all the time. Every week, no lie.

Sometimes I add pumpkin seeds and almonds along with the honey roasted peanuts.  Eat it with a spoon, carrots, pretzels, apples, Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scotchies and/or everything else in the world.

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies. Look at all that melty chocolate!

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies have been happening a lot here. Oh YES!

Mint Green Watch! Adorable.

Just bought this watch.

Funfetti Nail Polish!

Funfetti Nails (!!!)

My Skinny Funfetti Milkshake inspired Jen of Jindie Nails to create this shade!

Jude

My 110 lb cuddle bug. The shaved part of his leg is where Jude had surgery 3 months ago.  He had a cancerous tumor removed and we pray it doesn’t return!  He is healing well and back to his normal silly self.

Detox Smoothie! The best eat-clean smoothie around.  Sometimes I add avocado, ginger, or green apple.  It doesn't taste like veggies at all!

This Detox Smoothie makes a great workout recovery fuel.

Deep Creek Lake

Kevin and I leave for Deep Creek Lake on Sunday! An entire week of vacation. We went there last summer and again last January. Deep Creek Lake (Swallow Falls) is where he proposed.

I just finished the first half of my cookbook manuscript (to be released Spring 2014) and I can’t wait to take a little break!

This vacation means bathing suits, flip-flops, campfire s’mores, cold brews, and sunshine.

Lilly Pulitzer Rosaline Dress

I picked a bridesmaids dress for my girls.  My sister has a part time job at a Lilly Pulitzer shop and we were able to snag a great discount on the stunning two-toned lace dress. Paired with a nude heel and gold jewelry, the girls are going to look beautiful!

Tiffany Blue I Do Something Blue Wedding Shoes

My shoes will be blue. “Something Blue.” The colors of our wedding are pretty much the colors you see here on my website, but a bit darker since the wedding will be in the late summer/fall. (9.20.14)

Oranges, pinks, and a sprinkle of light blue. Similar to this color scheme:

Wedding bouquet

I’ll be sure to post updates as we plan the wedding!

Can you believe it’s already August?

How are you spending your the last several weeks of summer?

115 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 9. ☀”

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Healthposted August 1, 2013 at 9:59 am

I love your bridesmaid dresses and your shoes, they are adorable! Your wedding is going to be so pretty and colorful. Cute nail polish too, funfetti, so fitting!

And that oatmeal cookie…(drooling).

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 10:07 am

I love color, so the big day will have tons of it. Thanks so much, Sarah!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted August 1, 2013 at 10:16 am

Must say, it looks like you’ve had a great summer so far, Sally! I cannot believe it’s August and fall is right around the corner! Gotta fulfill my mint green obsession too while I still can, haha. Enjoy your lake getaway with Kevin! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

While I love the summer sooo much, I secretly can’t wait for the fall! Thanks Georgia!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted August 1, 2013 at 10:19 am

I looove the bridesmaid dresses, and the pretty blue shoes, and all the mint green stuff, AND roses for date night! yayyyy!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Thanks Kayle!

Jess @ The Dreaming Foodieposted August 1, 2013 at 10:25 am

Sally, I absolutely love the bridesmaids dress you chose. I love all things lace and that color is wonderful! I am sure everything will be absolutely beautiful! :) Enjoy your vacation, sounds like fun! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Jess, thank you! I’m so glad you love those bridesmaids dresses. I want one for myself!

Erikaposted August 1, 2013 at 10:26 am

Ahhh everything is so gorgeous–sounds like you are having a fantastic summer! I love that nail polish, that watch, those bridesmaid dresses, those COOKIES! I canNOT believe it’s already August. Where did summer go? In these next few weeks, I will be trying to get in as much pool time as possible, blending up lots of smoothies and my boyfriend and I are going on vacation in North/South Carolina in late August before school starts for him! I’m so excited. I hope you and Kevin have lots of fun on your vacation!!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Pool time is a must. Smoothies too! Have so much in the the Carolinas with your boyfriend, Erika! I bet you are so excited.

marcie@flavorthemomentsposted August 1, 2013 at 10:37 am

That Summer Shandy beer is a regular in our fridge…it’s so good! Those funfetti nails look just that…fun! Sounds like you need a good vacation from your cookbook, etc. I can assure you that I will be buying one. :) Love those bridesmaids dresses, your shoes, and bouquet!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:18 pm

It’s a regular in our fridge too. Kevin just drank the last of it the other night! Need more. :) Glad you like the wedding details so far, Marcie!

Keyia Marmolejoposted August 1, 2013 at 10:50 am

Sally you are such a sweetie! I feel like I’m reading about a good friend every time I read your blog! So happy that so many good things are coming your way with your wedding and cookbook. It’s nice to see that when someone has a dream, through hard work they CAN achieve it. Good luck to you!

Hope Jude has a full recovery! Such a cutie!

This summer has been the best. Having my son in June and watching him grow day by day has been awesome. I have to return to work next week, so I’m a bit sad (okay I’m a LOT sad LoL). But we plan on enjoying the rest of the summer with friends and family.

Thanks for sharing your recipes and world with us!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Keyia, you are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words about Jude, he is doing much better these days! Thank you so much for the congrats about the wedding and my book, I really appreciate that! And CONGRATS on your baby boy. That is truly amazing, I’m so happy for you!

Christineposted August 1, 2013 at 10:50 am

I’m so in love with your sandals and the watch. It’s beautiful. I’m spending the summer after work on the river. Oh and I bought an ice maker. Sooooo happy! Will try your peanut butter recipe soon.

Thanks for sharing.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Christine, I’m so jealous of your ice cream maker! I’ve been wanting one for awhile.

Jessica Jposted August 1, 2013 at 10:57 am

Oh my gosh, I love those bridesmaid dresses! They are so cute, and unique too! I love the color. Oh, and those summer shandies? The best!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Looooove summer shandy =) Thanks Jessica!

katie @ ohshineonposted August 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

all your wedding planning is getting me so excited — i’m so happy for you. and GIRL those SHOES!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Katie!! I’m glad you don’t mind the wedding details =)

Tieghanposted August 1, 2013 at 11:12 am

Your summer looks like it has been so much fun! And I love your bridesmaid dressy. So pretty! Have a fun trip to lake!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Thanks Tieghan!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted August 1, 2013 at 11:13 am

Lovely, lovely post! I’m ecstatic for you, girl! So happy that you’ve had a wonderful summer. Your wedding is going to be gorgeous! Love the bridesmaids’ lacy dresses, your Tiffany blue shoes (killer!), your color scheme and the fact you will have your sisters-in-law as bridesmaids. (I had my two sisters-in-law as mine, too!) Love your vintage aqua/blue Mason Ball jar vase, as I have one that makes an appearance in my photos from time to time on the blog with fresh colorful and bright Gerbera daisies. Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous time with Kevin on vacay at Deep Creek Lake! xo

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Thanks so much, Stacy! I’m glad you love all the wedding details I shared. I hope you’re having a wonderful summer!

LLMoultonposted August 1, 2013 at 11:42 am

1. LOVE the sandals from Target and the watch!
    2. LOVE the nail polish! (The more glitter it has, the better it is!)
    3. LOVE that you picked bridesmaids dresses that they can wear again. My husband wanted more formal, so I tried to pick something that mine could wear again (strapless, tea length, a-line, super simple and pretty in periwinkle). At least they’ve worn them to attend other weddings and to go to fancy restaurants. LOL
    4. LOVE your wedding colors! My husband’s rather particular, so our colors were silver (his) and periwinkle (mine, and in my dress). But if I’d had free reign, I’d have had a color explosion. LOL
    5. And totally glad that your pup is feeling better. :) Give him tons of snuggles!

I like your bites of life posts. :) I usually follow blogs for recipes or other things, but I love getting little peeks into their lives.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I love all the glitter in this polish shade. It’s my favorite! It was important to me to choose dresses the girls will wear again. I’ve been in three weddings and haven’t had the chance to wear the dresses again. I wanted this dress for myself as a summer dress! Your wedding colors sound gorgeous, Laura!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted August 1, 2013 at 11:46 am

Cute shoes, Target has the best deals in my opinion!

Loving those flowers, what perfect colors!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Thanks Pamela!

Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggiesposted August 1, 2013 at 11:48 am

I looooove Shandy. Lemon beer = so good! I’m always a little sad to see it go, until it’s replaced with pumpkin beer. Yum! Love your shoe color, btw! My sister did an electric blue when she got married and did a good job of keeping them covered by her dress until walking down after they were pronounced man and wife. It was super fun!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I can never get enough of the summer shady. it’s my favorite – tastes like lemonade/juice. So good! And I love the electric blue heel – I bet it was GORGEOUS with the dress. So pretty. Thanks Kelly!

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakesposted August 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

Gol day, do I love this post! You had me at funfetti nails and cute lil (big!) dogs curled up tight. And little did I know that we have another connection: I grew up going to Deep Creek Lake almost every weekend with my family! We half-lived there and I SO miss the trees, the water, the boating life, WATER SKIING… have fun, Sally! And congrats on finishing the first half of your manuscript!! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:09 pm

That is so funny, Meagan! I love it there and it’s so gorgeous. I can’t wait! What a small world! And thank you for the congrats :)

Sallyposted August 1, 2013 at 11:59 am

I love your choice of colors for your wedding! Your flowers are “sprinkles” colors!

Have a wonderful vacation. And thanks again for reaching out with the S’mores bars baking tips. They were a huge hit! I quadrupled the recipe and could have made even more because they disappeared (and were really messy! The kids loved that!)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Hi Sally! Thank you so much. And yes, the flowers are bright like sprinkles. So happy those bars were a huge hit! Who doesn’t love s’mores?

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchenposted August 1, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I love that “funfetti” nail polish! What brand is it? I love the Lilly Pulitzer dress, so cute!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi Faith – I link to the polich in the post.

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted August 1, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I love the sandals and the watch AND the wedding color scheme! So beautiful ;) I can’t wait to here more about the wedding! You guys make such a cute couple. I’m spending my last 2 weeks of vacation finishing up some things around the house and camping in a yurt in Santa Barbara, CA with my fam! It should be a good time.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Maggie, have fun camping! That is so exciting. Thanks for all the kind words about the wedding stuff!

ashley - baker by natureposted August 1, 2013 at 12:40 pm

LOVE that watch. I’m mint obsessed too!

T.R.posted August 1, 2013 at 12:44 pm

You look like you are having a GREAT summer. The shoes – too cute, the cookie – ok please stop I’m trying to get back on tract, the polish – I LOVE Jindie polish, just waiting on my pre order. I didn’t get this one but now that I know it’s part of one of my favorite bloggers, I will be ordering it next.

The bridesmaid dresses are sooooo pretty and can be worn even after the wedding. And the lake is just beautiful. I go on my vaca on the 15th. I can’t wait going to Cabo. I need it.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Have so much fun in Cabo!! I am so jealous, it will be a blast. I just found out about Jindie nails from the owner and was sent a free bottle. I love it!

Himaposted August 1, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Ohhhhhh, I love that watch! I’m in the market for a watch since I figured now that I’m out of college I’ll be an adult and get one.
    Also this summer I’ve been trying to find a beer I like and Leinenkugel was one of the ones I’ve been meaning to try since they’re sweeter, and I’m a sweet drink kind of girl.

For the rest of the summer I’m trying to build my portfolio and my website because I’m trying to find a job. I’m doing projects like making logos, flyers, mock-up websites and things like that to make my portfolio stronger.

Hopefully by the end of September I’ll have a job. I’m being positive about it. :D

Oh my summer is also filled with baking. xD.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hi Hima! Sounds like you’ve been having a productive summer so far working on your portfolio. That’s great! Good luck about the job. Stay positive!

Haley @ Cupcakes and Sunshineposted August 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

OH, I love Target everything!! Those shoes are adorable. And so are the skewered grapes and fruit. That is too cute! I have been craving oatmeal cookies! The oatmeal scotchies sound so so yummy!!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hey Haley! Thanks so much. The skewered fruit was my friend’s idea for her daughter’s birthday. They were so cute!

Meredithposted August 1, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I love how you let your readers get to “know” you:) I have a request for you! Can you make some recipes with either mocha or maple flavor?!! Yum!! Just in time for fall…..my favorite season!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Great suggestions, Meredith! I will certainly work them in sometime soon! I have a couple recipes using them in my cookbook coming out next year. :)

• Meredithreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Great! Does your cookbook have different recipes from your website?

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Only about 5 recipes in the book are on my website, the rest are exclusive. Thanks Meredith!

Abby Hposted August 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I baked your chocolate chip cookies last night and they were a big hit! Best ones I’ve ever made , so fluffy and delicious. I had one for breakfast this morning ;) Thank you for the recipe! Have a great time on your vacation!

-Abby

Cheryl D.posted August 1, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Somehow I missed the post about a cookbook! That’s great news!

Summer Shandy is a favorite! Did you know there’s a Lienenkugel Beer Garden in Baltimore? Great stuff! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:52 pm

THanks Cheryl! I never really announced it, I just mention it sometimes on my blog, Instagram, Twitter, and facbeook. And yes – that beer garden is so fun!

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted August 1, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Cute bridesmaids dresses, and I love your bridal shoes! Tiffany *anything* is always a huge plus in my book… especially those items that come in the beautiful blue box with the white bow. :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Thanks so much Eva! If shoes like this come in a cute tiffany blue box with a white bow, I will just die and go to heaven. So pretty.

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted August 1, 2013 at 2:50 pm

OK where do I begin….LOVE the bridesmaids dresses – what I love is that they are dresses the girls can wear over and over again! Love the Target sandals and I’m sooo heading to Target soon to see if I can get my hands on a pair. Oh, and I NEED that funfetti nail polish! How fun!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I love their dresses so much that I want one for myself. Such cute sundresses for the summertime!

Nicoletteposted August 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Sally I love your blog, your recipes are fresh and different, not boring! Your photography is amazing and I can see how much u have worked at it and improved it over the years, was most of your talent self taught? And where did you get your wedding shoes? They are perfect, and I’m still looking for shoes for my upcoming nuptials! Oh and keep the healthy recipes coming!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hi Nicolette! Yes, I taught myself everything that I know about photography. Lotsssss of studying, research, and practice. Practice makes perfect afterall! Those wedding shoes aren’t mine, but I hope to find ones just like it.

Monicaposted August 1, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Now you have me hankering for a PB oatmeal cookie, Sally! Looks sooo good. And love the color scheme for your wedding!!

Danaposted August 1, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Your bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous! Love! And your Tiffany-colored shoes are fab, too. And it is TOO COOL that a someone created a nail polish in your honor!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Thanks so much Dana! I love that “funfetti” shade!

Herraposted August 1, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Those shoes are gorgeous!!! And I loved the color scheme! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Herra!

maria at inredningsvisposted August 1, 2013 at 3:54 pm

MMMM SO LOVELY POST:) I really love your blog and Im now following.

Check out my blog If you want some cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

have a great day dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Maria!

Gloria // Simply Gloriaposted August 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Your wedding is going to be so gorgeous! Hope you have a most fabulous vacay this coming week! You so deserve it. You’ve been working so hard on the cb…so excited to buy one!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Thanks so much Gloria! And for the support with the cookbook, so sweet. Thanks!

Lauraposted August 1, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Oh my word I love love love your shoes! Where did you get them? Lx

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hey Laura! Those wedding shoes aren’t mine, but I hope to find a pair just like them and add the “I do”. Thanks!

Cassieposted August 1, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Oooh, I love Deep Creek Lake! Have an awesome vacation!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Thanks Cassie!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 1, 2013 at 5:24 pm

That’s the most gorgeous vase of flowers! WOW – so beautiful. I want that made into a print, and then I want to make wallpaper or a bed spread with the print/fabric. LOVE IT!

And your nails. Funfetti. So you. So cute. I want that polish!

And the watch and that shade of teal green/aqua. My first tattoo when I was 16 was a big bright teal green tropical fish. Something super colorful and bright! I love love that color! The watch is perfect!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I want my flowers to look just like it! I am in love with this watch and I think it will be here tomorrow in the mail. =) Thanks Averie!

Courtney@BakeMeBetterposted August 1, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Love it all. The wedding shoes, bridesmaids’ dress, funfetti nail polish, color scheme! Everything.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Courtney!

Cherylposted August 1, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Love the bridesmaid dresses and shoes. I’m jealous, I want to be in the wedding too! What food are you serving and are you getting everything catered or are you doing everything yourself? Remember to save some crumbs for me! I wish you much success on your big day!

Cheryl

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hi Cheryl! We haven’t even thought about wedding food yet! Just getting the first big stuff out of the way first. Our reception venue will cater though. Thank you!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted August 1, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I love Target sandals/shoes! Well, I guess I love anything Target if I’m being honest. The lake vacation sounds so so relaxing — enjoy it! Also, looove that watch!! I’m obsessed with all things light green, blue, turquoise, etc. One more thing we share in common. :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted August 1, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I loooove those shoes. OMG best wedding shoes ever!

Luv What You Doposted August 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Those heels are adorable!!!
    My summer has had plenty of summer shandy too! That’s part of the ‘sips’ of real life : )

Zainab @ Blahnik Bakerposted August 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Love love the wedding colors! So elegant :) We got married in September as well and the weather is perfect then. Can’t wait to follow along with the beautiful details to come. Have a great vacation next week!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:23 am

Thank you so much Zainab. I’ve always wanted to get married in the fall!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted August 2, 2013 at 12:52 am

Please do share about your wedding plans! And those sandals are so cute. And that watch?!! Adorable.

And no, I can’t believe we’re in August. Soon enough we’ll be planning out our Thanksgiving spread!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:21 am

IT’s truly scary how fast time is going by – I’ve seen Halloween decor out already (!!!)

Amyposted August 2, 2013 at 1:16 am

That’s such cute nail polish, Sally! Jen is so talented — it does look just like your skinny milkshake! It’s really neat to hear about how you’re inspiring people through your baking and treats. We all love your work, even if we don’t remind you of that every day! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:20 am

That means a lot, Amy – thank you!

• Amyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 3:33 pm

You’re welcome Sally! Have a wonderful Friday + weekend! :)

laurasmessposted August 2, 2013 at 1:27 am

Gorgeous post Sally! Aw, I love going back to the same place where Aaron proposed also. Such good memories! Glad that you guys are leaving for Deep Creek soon. This post made me feel so light and summery… it’s grey and dreary here at the moment so I’m loving snapshots of your summertime :) Good luck with the rest of your cookbook and wedding planning (can’t believe that you’re working on both things at once, argh!) xx

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:20 am

Thanks so much Laura! It’s been tough to juggle both things this summer, but luckily I am halfway done the book!

Bakingyummiesposted August 2, 2013 at 2:03 am

I really really hope and pray that Jude remains cancer-free. I really get sad when something bad happens to animals. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I hope you have a very happy married life.

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:20 am

Thank you so much – that really means a lot!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted August 2, 2013 at 6:19 am

The bridesmaid dresses are great. I would wear one happily. And how fun is that nail polish. Must find some!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:15 am

Hi Emily! Thanks so much, I love the dresses too!

Caleyposted August 2, 2013 at 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing! I love mint green too…and I’m a nail polish freak, so I’m totally envious of all your awesome colors! I’m glad to hear Jude is still doing well. I have a lot of friends who are currently having major health issues with their dogs and I can see how hard it is for them. Are you and Kevin going to train him to be your ring bearer? ;)

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Jude isn’t allowed in the church. Trust me, I asked! ;)

Christinaposted August 2, 2013 at 8:47 am

I love your bridesmaid dresses, so beautiful and romantic! Cute site where you got the watch, have you purchased anything else from there? I wonder about the quality of the clothes.

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Hi Christina! I’ve never purchased clothing from there before – but I’d love to. It is all so cute!

Valarieposted August 2, 2013 at 8:59 am

I’ve made your peanut butter cup oatmeal cookie recipe three times since you posted it. They’re SO AMAZINGLY awesome and seem to be better the next day! LOVE the bridesmaids’ dresses! My future sister-in-law is using the same colors in her wedding in October!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Hi Valerie! I’m so glad that you love those cookies so much! Your sister-in-law’s wedding sounds like it will be beautiful :)

Tina @ Tina's Chic Cornerposted August 2, 2013 at 11:23 am

It’s so much fun hearing what you’ve been up to. :) Have a great vacation!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Thanks so much Tina!

Iramposted August 2, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I love ur bridesmaid dress.
    I’m sure u r excited about ur big day! :) Are you gonna bake ur own cake or at least any of the sweet stuff? And if u r what would u consider making?
    t c

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Hi Iram – no, I will not bake my own cake. I’ll let others do the work that day!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted August 3, 2013 at 12:35 am

Ok, first, I need that watch! And second, your wedding will be beautiful! I love the colors!

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Thanks so much Stephanie! :)

Christinaposted August 4, 2013 at 11:06 am

ADORE your wedding theme! So pretty and unique! I can’t wait to see more updates. Thanks for sharing your “real life” with us :)

• Sallyreplied on August 4th, 2013 at 11:12 am

Thanks so much Christina! I’ll be sure to keep sharing more details!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted August 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Aww. Poor Jude. I hope he’ll continue to be healthy!

And Kevin pictures crack me up. I take it he doesn’t like the camera? Because he has the same look I have when someone takes my picture (which is rare because I usually hide).

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh Kevin HATES the camera. And he doesn’t like to smile for it. :( Haha thanks Erin!

Bonnieposted August 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Congratulations on your up coming wedding , your holiday sounds like it was great, love the shoes and watch, I wish you all the best x

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Thank you very much Bonnie!

Melissa Mitchellposted December 21, 2013 at 1:28 am

A bit late, but congratulations. I love the bridesmaid dresses. We will share a wedding anniversary {You will get married on our 17th wedding anniversary. I promise – it gets better and better. We don’t feel like we’ve been married for 16 years}.

• Sallyreplied on December 21st, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks Melissa – I’m really looking forward to being married!

Ninaposted February 13, 2014 at 12:24 am

I just realized that your wedding day is gonna be my parent’s 20th wedding anniversary! Can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that in my years of reading your blog :’) x

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2014 at 9:10 am

How perfect. :) Thanks Nina! It will be a special day for sure.