Bites of Real Life, 9. ☀

Welcome back to my bites of real life.

bites of real life

Frosties and fruit. Summer treats I love all year long.

Honey Roasted Homemade Peanut Butter - I make this ALL the time, it is so good!

I make this homemade peanut butter all the time. Every week, no lie.

Sometimes I add pumpkin seeds and almonds along with the honey roasted peanuts.  Eat it with a spoon, carrots, pretzels, apples, Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scotchies and/or everything else in the world.

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies. Look at all that melty chocolate!

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies have been happening a lot here. Oh YES!

Mint Green Watch! Adorable.

Just bought this watch.

Funfetti Nail Polish!

Funfetti Nails (!!!)

My Skinny Funfetti Milkshake inspired Jen of Jindie Nails to create this shade!

My 110 lb cuddle bug. The shaved part of his leg is where Jude had surgery 3 months ago.  He had a cancerous tumor removed and we pray it doesn’t return!  He is healing well and back to his normal silly self.

Detox Smoothie! The best eat-clean smoothie around.  Sometimes I add avocado, ginger, or green apple.  It doesn't taste like veggies at all!

This Detox Smoothie makes a great workout recovery fuel.

Deep Creek Lake

Kevin and I leave for Deep Creek Lake on Sunday! An entire week of vacation. We went there last summer and again last January. Deep Creek Lake (Swallow Falls) is where he proposed.

I just finished the first half of my cookbook manuscript (to be released Spring 2014) and I can’t wait to take a little break!

This vacation means bathing suits, flip-flops, campfire s’mores, cold brews, and sunshine.

Lilly Pulitzer Rosaline Dress

I picked a bridesmaids dress for my girls.  My sister has a part time job at a Lilly Pulitzer shop and we were able to snag a great discount on the stunning two-toned lace dress. Paired with a nude heel and gold jewelry, the girls are going to look beautiful!

Tiffany Blue I Do Something Blue Wedding Shoes

My shoes will be blue. “Something Blue.” The colors of our wedding are pretty much the colors you see here on my website, but a bit darker since the wedding will be in the late summer/fall. (9.20.14)

Oranges, pinks, and a sprinkle of light blue. Similar to this color scheme:

Wedding bouquet

I’ll be sure to post updates as we plan the wedding!

Can you believe it’s already August?

How are you spending your the last several weeks of summer?

115 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 9. ☀”

Valarieposted August 2, 2013 at 8:59 am

I’ve made your peanut butter cup oatmeal cookie recipe three times since you posted it. They’re SO AMAZINGLY awesome and seem to be better the next day! LOVE the bridesmaids’ dresses! My future sister-in-law is using the same colors in her wedding in October!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Hi Valerie! I’m so glad that you love those cookies so much! Your sister-in-law’s wedding sounds like it will be beautiful :)

Tina @ Tina's Chic Cornerposted August 2, 2013 at 11:23 am

It’s so much fun hearing what you’ve been up to. :) Have a great vacation!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Thanks so much Tina!

Iramposted August 2, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I love ur bridesmaid dress.
    I’m sure u r excited about ur big day! :) Are you gonna bake ur own cake or at least any of the sweet stuff? And if u r what would u consider making?
    t c

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Hi Iram – no, I will not bake my own cake. I’ll let others do the work that day!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted August 3, 2013 at 12:35 am

Ok, first, I need that watch! And second, your wedding will be beautiful! I love the colors!

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Thanks so much Stephanie! :)

Christinaposted August 4, 2013 at 11:06 am

ADORE your wedding theme! So pretty and unique! I can’t wait to see more updates. Thanks for sharing your “real life” with us :)

• Sallyreplied on August 4th, 2013 at 11:12 am

Thanks so much Christina! I’ll be sure to keep sharing more details!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted August 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Aww. Poor Jude. I hope he’ll continue to be healthy!

And Kevin pictures crack me up. I take it he doesn’t like the camera? Because he has the same look I have when someone takes my picture (which is rare because I usually hide).

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh Kevin HATES the camera. And he doesn’t like to smile for it. :( Haha thanks Erin!

Bonnieposted August 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Congratulations on your up coming wedding , your holiday sounds like it was great, love the shoes and watch, I wish you all the best x

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Thank you very much Bonnie!

Melissa Mitchellposted December 21, 2013 at 1:28 am

A bit late, but congratulations. I love the bridesmaid dresses. We will share a wedding anniversary {You will get married on our 17th wedding anniversary. I promise – it gets better and better. We don’t feel like we’ve been married for 16 years}.

• Sallyreplied on December 21st, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks Melissa – I’m really looking forward to being married!

Ninaposted February 13, 2014 at 12:24 am

I just realized that your wedding day is gonna be my parent’s 20th wedding anniversary! Can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that in my years of reading your blog :’) x

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2014 at 9:10 am

How perfect. :) Thanks Nina! It will be a special day for sure.