S’mores Weekend.

Happy National S’mores Day!

Well, National S’mores Day is actually tomorrow. But let’s make celebrating s’mores a weekend long party, shall we?

S'mores recipes - without the campfire! Includes recipes for S'more Cookie Bars, S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies, S'more Puppy Chow, S'mores Brownie Pie, and more!

Oh and guess what?

Today is Kevin’s birthday, too!  Am I marrying the right man or what?

Kevin and Sally

We’re on vacation at Deep Creek Lake this week and we’ve had our fair share of campfire s’mores!  Kevin’s entire family and I are staying at a rented lakefront house and it has a giant firepit outside.

Check out our gorgeous view!

deep creek lake

We’ve been busy roasting away this week.

s'mores

I brought enough s’mores stuff to feed an army. ;)

CampfireSmores

I like to spice things up and do a bit of a double marshmallow action for my s’mores:

roasting marshmallows

If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, it’s certainly no secret that I love s’mores.

My infatuation with s’mores expands to brownie piechocolate chip cookiespuppy chow, PEEPSpeanut butter cookies, cookie bars, chocolate cookiesrice krispie treats, and 7 layer bars.

Pick your poison! No campfire needed. ;)

S’mores Brownie Pie

S’more Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

S'more Crinkle Cookies-5

S’more Rice Krispie Treats

S'mores Rice Krispie Treats by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Peanut Butter S’more 7 Layer Bars

Peanut Butter S'more 7 Layer Bars-2

What are your favorite s’more recipes like?

It’s hard for my to choose a favorite.

Have a great weekend! :D

32 Responses to “S’mores Weekend.”

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted August 9, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Happy National S’mores Day to you too! I love frozen S’mores! Yum!

Cindyposted August 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I love s’mores too – and had a cupcake someone once made that was heaven. I can’t duplicate it and though she promised the recipe and I’ve searched high and low, I haven’t been able to make THAT version. The bottom had the graham cracker crust a bit thin) that stayed crunchy). Pamela – you need to share your FROZEN version. And Sally, since so many of us celebrate our bd’s over a course of days instead of just one these days, that means Kevin falls right into s’mores celebrations – so you did pick the right guy!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figsposted August 9, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I don’t care I’m not from the US, I’m celebrating it too. All those ideas look so yummy!
    Wonderful views, I hope you’re all having fun! And happy birthday to Kevin! :–)

Alyssaposted August 9, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Geez Sally, you must have KNOWN I’ve been on a S’Mores kick lately. I had to give in and make a microwave version last night but for some reason, it wasn’t completely satisfying. I think it’s because it was missing that charcoal, campfire lovin’!

Marcieposted August 9, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I’m so bad about keeping up with the food holidays. One day I’ll get it together, because this is one that I need to celebrate ! All of your recipes are worthy of this day and then some!

Gloria // Simply Gloriaposted August 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Well, I’m definitely in the S’more mood! I need to break out the marshmallows this weekend…remember, I keep a great stash of anything that can be baked in a minutes moment! Hope you’re having a great time relaxing with the fam!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted August 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Happy Birthday Kevin! And hoooooorayyyy for s’mores!!!!

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted August 9, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I had no idea it was s’mores day! Oh my gosh this is so perfect. Because the 2 pounds of fat resting on my stomach and hips are from none other than my lofty s’mores indulgence over the past few days. Campfire s’mores really are delish aren’t they? I could eat them all day, every day ;) I love all of your s’mores recipes I’ve tried thus far.

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Happy S’mores Day Maggie! And it sounds like you need to celebrate this holiday. ;)

Amyposted August 9, 2013 at 9:00 pm

It looks like you’re having a fabulous time, Sally! I love that picture of you and Kevin — you even got a tiny smile out of him! My guy refuses to smile in photographs. And if he does, he tries to hide it behind his hand. Impossible! ;)

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Yes – I finally managed a smile out of him. I had to remind him before we pressed the photo button haha. Thanks Amy! Hope you’re having a great weekend.

• Amyreplied on August 11th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

At least a reminder works! Maybe he’ll start practicing his smile for your engagement and wedding photos! ;) Hope all of your SBA Cookbook baking today went well!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 9, 2013 at 9:10 pm

So happy you guys have this time away. You deserve it!! And other than Natl PB Day, I think Smores Day has got to be one of the best foodie holidays out there :)

I love all the links to your wonderful recipes that tempt me and make me wish I was eating smores right now!

Happy Bday to Kevin!

Becky @ Olives n Wineposted August 9, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Happy, happy birthday to Kevin!! I hope you enjoyed your time away on vacay – Your photos looks super relaxing :) Have a wonderful weekend!

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Becky! I hope you have a great weekend too. :)

Jamie @lifelovelemonsposted August 9, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Smores = Love. Hope you had more than your fair share on vacation!

Tieghanposted August 9, 2013 at 11:00 pm

These are all so tempting, Sally! Like so incredibly tempting!

Happy Birthday to Kevin! Looks like you guys are having such a fun time! Eat lots of cake and s’mores for me!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted August 10, 2013 at 1:29 am

Happy Birthday to your guy! I want to celebrate s’mores every day!

Becca @ Crumbsposted August 10, 2013 at 4:30 am

S’mores brownie pie for me please!!

Eve ( Ideally Sweet )posted August 10, 2013 at 6:12 am

happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear kevin
    Happy birthday to you!

Happy S’mores day!!!
    Why can’t everyday be s’mores day? I hope you enjoy your time on holiday!

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thanks Eve! Kevin loved the little song you typed. :) Happy S’mores Day!

Kendelposted August 10, 2013 at 6:16 am

I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS A THING. GLAD I DO NOW. Happy national s’mores day! I can’t wait to try out some of these recipes! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Thanks Eve! Let me know which recipe you try first!

Madisonposted August 10, 2013 at 7:31 am

I love the classic S’mores–old school style. However, I had a great smores pie a few weekends ago and easily ate half of it myself. :)

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

s’mores pie – I love it! I feel like I could eat half of it too! Thanks Madison.

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted August 10, 2013 at 10:24 am

Great round up of s’mores!! Love the ones with the peeps in them!

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted August 12, 2013 at 12:22 am

What an awesome way to celebrate national s’mores day. That holiday should be very day!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted August 12, 2013 at 2:44 am

Happy birthday to Kevin! And dude, you guys are totally meant to be!

erin @hooleywithazposted August 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

cannot get enough of the smores, it’s my kryptonite! and happy birthday to kevin! it was my husband’s birthday yesterday, so there were lots of fun festivities going on around here too.

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the bday wishes to Kevin, Erin!

Karinaposted August 12, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Try these gooey s’mores cookies! They’re amazing! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 7:17 pm