Bites of Real Life, 10.

Welcome back to my Bites of Real Life posts!

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

This is a recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook.

My cookbook is currently #17 on Amazon’s Best-Selling baking cookbooks list.

I feel like I’m dreaming. Have you pre-ordered yet?

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

Here is another recipe you’ll see in the cookbook.

Straight from my late grandmother.

Kevin & Sally

Can’t wait to marry this hunk in 360 days!

pumpkin brews

Cutest (and most dee-lish) pumpkin brew I’ve had all season. :)

Sally & Jude

Just hangin’ with my bestie.

magazine feature

Woman’s World Magazine feature #2 in the Sept 4th issue.

magazine feature-2

Woman’s World Magazine feature #3 in the September 23rd issue. ;)

It has been so nice working with you all!

Skinny Pumpkin Swirl Brownies - recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

I re-formulated the recipe for my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies last month.

You are going to FLIP for these lightened-up fudgy treats!

White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

I recently baked a batch of my White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies and reshot them.

Salty, sweet, sprinkles, white chocolate. Love everything about these soft-baked cookies!

Life is Sweet wall art

My favorite piece of wall art. Thank you, big sis!

Saundra bought this wooden cupcake sign from Hobby Lobby.

Peanut Butter Spatula

I have peanut butter fever.

That fabulous hot pink spatula was a gift from a friend.

Lace Wedding Dress

I haven’t gone wedding dress shopping yet, but I plan to go over the holidays with my sisters and my mom. All I know is that I want lace!

My two older sisters are my maids of honor.  Kevin’s two sisters are my bridesmaids and my other bridesmaid is my best friend Amy.  I dedicated a recipe in my cookbook to Amy.

Pumpkin Coffee

In love.

Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Pumpkin coffee pairs very nicely with Iced Pumpkin Coffee Cake. ;)

To do this fall...

I’m carving pumpkins and going apple picking with my best friend Erin next week.

I still have to check off a few more things on my fall list! ;)

What’s new with you? Spill the beans.

What’s on your fall to-do list?

85 Responses to “Bites of Real Life, 10.”

Sallyposted September 25, 2013 at 10:50 am

Oh my gosh, Melissa. Thank you SO MUCH. I have been searching for weeks and I finally gave up. Seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Eve @ Ideally Sweetposted September 25, 2013 at 11:00 am

that dress is so beautiful, the lace make it so elegant! It must be a privileged to see your recipes in high-acclaimed magazines, your so lucky!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I feel very blessed to have my recipes featured in a magazine!

erin @hooleywithazposted September 25, 2013 at 11:06 am

i am totally partial to lace wedding dresses (or would the word be biased since i wore one on mine??)

p.s. you get (yet another) shoutout on the blog today, for that pumpkin coffee cake. you, me and coffecake for life!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Thanks so much Erin! And I bet your lace wedding dress was lovely.

Madisonposted September 25, 2013 at 11:09 am

Love your bites of real life posts! Such exciting things coming for you this year with the cookbook and the wedding. We are all very happy for you! :)

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Madison, I really appreciate that. Thank you!

Himaposted September 25, 2013 at 11:16 am

My fall to do list is to eat and make as many pumpkin things as possible. xD
    Definitely my favorite thing about fall.
    One of my best friends and I are going to the Maryland Renaissance Festival in a few weeks and I’m very excited. And this time I’ll actually be able to drink stuff. :D
    On the downside, still looking for a job, but I’m optimistic. All in due time. :)

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Have fun at the festival, Hima!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

And best of luck with the job search.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted September 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

eeeee wedding stuff and EEEE CONGRATS on your cookbook already being on the best selling list (and it’s not even out yet! *le gasp*) :D

Amyposted September 25, 2013 at 11:43 am

I just pre-ordered your cookbook and I am BEYOND excited!!!!! :) :) :)

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

That’s amazing, Amy! Thank you for pre-ordering!

Monicaposted September 25, 2013 at 11:57 am

Love these ‘bites of real life’ posts! Congrats on #17 and all of the features. Your blog has grown so much!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Thank you very much Monica! I appreciate it.

tahnycooksposted September 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm

congrats #17 that’s great!

Kammie @ Sensual Appealposted September 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Love love love the pictures! Always stunning.

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Thanks Kammie!

Jennie @themessybakerblogposted September 25, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Your fall is going to be awesome. OMG, your book is already at #17 and it’s only pre-sale. Love those flats and that wedding dress.

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Thanks so much Jennie!!

Falonposted September 25, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Do you happen to know when your sister bought the wooden cupcake sign from Hobby Lobby? Hoping it is still in stores….love it.

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Hi Falon! I believe she bought it in the early spring this past year. So about 6 months ago.

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted September 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Apple picking is definitely one of my to do things for the fall!! Love the wall art!!

Teresa Dposted September 25, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Hey Sally! Congrats on your cookbook! I can’t wait to preorder mine :D

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Thank you very much Teresa!

Laurenposted September 25, 2013 at 3:28 pm

WOW. #17, that’s great!!! We all support you so, so much. My fall to-do list is go to some kind of pumpkin patch and drink homemade apple cider while wearing a sweater and a pair of gloves. LOL

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Hahahaha Lauren I love how specific you are about the apple cider. Sweater + gloves – yes!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted September 25, 2013 at 3:29 pm

That’s awesome you’re using your late grandma’s recipe!
    And 360 days…not counting the days by any chance, are you ? :)

Pumpkin creamer. As I told you in a comment a couple days ago, San Diego is apparently having a shortage b/c the groc stores are sold out, Target is out, everywhere I turn, they’re out. Or there’s a couple brands that I am not as fond of that are available. I want the SF Coffeemate one!

Your reshoot of those cookies is fabulous.

And the TWO Woman’s World Magazine features…Sally, amazing. So happy for you!!!!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Thank you miss Averie! Yeah – 360… I’m such a nerd. :) I can’t believe that about the pumpkin creamer! I only bought one bottle but I am going through it at a very scary (and embarrassing) rate. I hope they don’t sell out here! It’s the best, as you know. So good!

Jessa Briposted September 25, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I LOVE that sign from Hobby Lobby!!! And the iced pumpkin coffee cake looks so good! Warm drinks, cozy sweaters; can’t wait for the cold weather of fall to come!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I haven’t pulled out any cozy sweaters just yet, but I’m excited for that two. Thanks Jessa!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted September 25, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Love this post, Sally! Congrats on the Woman’s World features for SBA and yes…you MUST do lace for your wedding gown! Love the dip in the back of the dress you found at Pinterest. Awesome news about your ranking at Amazon with pre-orders! WOOT! xo

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Thanks so much Stacy! You’re such a doll, I appreciate your excitement and all your support! I love that dress so much, I hope to find something remotely similar!

Annposted September 25, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Fall to do list: lose more weight (pretty impossible if I keep baking your goodies), celebrate my daugter’s wedding at the NJ Shore, go to the Bahamas one week later with my girlfriends, sorry hubby, (well deserved) and upon my return, make at least 3 of your pumpkin recipes for Thanksgiving!!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

The Bahamas for a week sounds incredible to me right now! And yes, totally deserved I’m sure. You have to let me know which pumpkin recipes you choose for the holiday!

Zainab @ Blahnik Bakerposted September 25, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Congrats on Amazon!! #17 woot!! Can’t wait to get my hands on mine. I love your fall list. My fall plans are to eat as many pumpkin treats as possible and sneak in some apple and caramel combos while I am at it. A lace dress will be so elegant and complement your bridesmaids dresses. So happy for you girl!! And keep counting :)

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I love your fall list so far, Zainab – as much pumpkin as you can!!

Whitney Sabinsposted September 25, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Sally- If you love lace as much as I do…..then you must check out sposabella lace in NYC. I designed my own lace veil to match with my all lace gown. It was a super cool experience. Enjoy every moment planning your very special day.
    Many blessings to you.
    Whitney

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Hi Whitney! Thank you so much for sharing this – I am going to check it out tonight. I appreciate it! I’ve been dreaming about our wedding day since I met Kevin, so I’m very excited. Thank you again!

Nicolaposted September 25, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I don’t have a fall list – I have an autumn one. ;-) Which includes putting my heavier duvet back on – oh wait, I just did that one, check! I’m also looking forward to apple crumble, the smell of Bonfire Night and a week off with my daughter for half-term.

Congratulations on being at No. 17 already, richly deserved!! I have managed to convert two other Brits to your blog, so world domination cannot be far away!

• Sallyreplied on September 25th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

apple crumble + the smell of bonfires sounds amazing to me. Thank you so much for being so kind and sharing my website with your friends. I appreciate it greatly!

Iramposted September 25, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Sally, you are one COOL girl! I’m really happy about your cookbook being *SO* successful! And I loved the wedding dress picture. Lace is ultra-romantic. Do you know what perfume you’re gonna spritz urself with on ur big day? I know it’s a weird ?, but I LOVE perfume!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hey Iram! That’s not weird at all! I have no idea. I’ll have to find one that Kevin just loves. :) Good question!

Daisyposted September 25, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I love lace, try Anna Campbell. Her designs are breathtaking, soft, delicate and wonderfully unique. Can’t wait to buy your cookbook!!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:23 am

I’ve been checking out Anna Campbell. Her designs are STUNNING, Daisy! Love them.

Amyposted September 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Aww Sally, you’re going to be the prettiest bride!! I can definitely picture you in lace, and maybe some tiny bits of beading too. I’m smiling just imagining it! :)

And that picture of you and Jude? WAY too cute!! I wish I could do that with my dog, but… She’s a chihuahua mix and only about 15 pounds. Her whole body would fit in the frame!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:23 am

Your pup sounds ADORABLE! What’s her name?

• Amyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Twinkie! She has golden fur and a white underbelly, hence the name. ;) If only she and Jude could meet! But our dog parks are just a few too many miles apart…

Starposted September 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm

That dress is AWESOME!!!
    Yeah!!! For your cookbook, that’s great!!!
    I’m going to try your pumpkin recipes this year… I only got to try one last year…
    Can’t wait for more yummy goodness!!!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:23 am

Star, let me know which pumpkin recipes you try this year! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Ellieposted September 25, 2013 at 9:13 pm

That dress is so pretty! I used to not like lacey material in the past, but I guess my tastes are changing a lot because lately I love lace everything!! And omygoodness everything looks so delicious. I love the looks of the pumpkin cake in the picture! makes it look like I can just take it out of the screen eat it right now. :D

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:21 am

I am obsessed with lace everything too Ellie! I have a few new shirts with lace on them and I adore them. It’s so stylish at the moment (maybe it always has been and we are just learning to love it now!). Thanks so much :)

Erinposted September 25, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Wow, that dress is amazing! So so exciting about the cookbook list! Oh my goodness, girl, you are on fire. :) Can’t wait for the wedding to get closer and to see all the fun details you share with us!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:21 am

Thanks Erin! I will be sure to keep my blog updated with wedding details :)

Tieghanposted September 25, 2013 at 10:59 pm

You are on fire!! Number 17 on Amazon’s best sellers! I mean geez, the book is not even out yet! GO YOU!!

Congrats on the women’s day features! How fun and exciting! Like I said, you are on fire! Or just a rockstar baker!

Love the idea of a lace dress, that is always what I have wanted. It is just so pretty!

So happy for you! You are such and incredible inspiration/role model! I only hope yo some day come as far as you have!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:20 am

You’re such a doll, Tieghan! And I am so glad we have “met” through our blogs because you have been such a huge support of my book and this entire year for me!! And are you kidding? You have come so far! Your recipes, photography, and blog are so enjoyable and downright gorgeous. Thank YOU for the inspiration!

Bakingyummiesposted September 26, 2013 at 12:22 am

Congrats. It’s been such a wonderful year for you and wish it continues this way. All your hard work has paid off so I’m really happy for you.
    The biggest Indian festival is coming up in Nov, so all the baking will take a back seat for some time. Will be busy in preparing all the rich calorie laden sweets.
    Congratulations once again for all your achievements.

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:17 am

The festival will be amazingly delicious, there’s no doubt about it! Thank you so much for the support, as ALWAYS! :)

Katyposted September 26, 2013 at 12:34 am

So happy for you and yes I have ordered :). Living in the old neighborhood while I find my next place….fall to do list looks the same as yours. And that dress is GORG. Must see you when you are home for the holidays!!!! Xoxo

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Tell your fam I say hi! And I can’t wait to see you too Katy, we’re definitely getting together over the holidays when I’m home!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted September 26, 2013 at 1:32 am

You’re such a rockstar, Sally! And I’m so incredibly excited for your book!

Lauraposted September 26, 2013 at 10:38 am

Seems like things are going very well for you! Congrats to everything! Love your fall checklist can’t wait to do a few of those myself :)

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Thank you Laura!

Jayposted September 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm

lace wedding dresses have always been my favorite! I am sure that you are going to look beautiful in one :* This might be hard to believe, but I have never made a pumpkin recipe or tasted anything pumpkin-y. Neither has my mum. Trying pumpkin flavored stuff is definitely on my fall to-do list this year!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Jay, you have to let me know what pumpkin goodie you make! Hope you enjoy whatever it is. ;)

Amandaposted September 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I’m from the Baltimore area, and I was wondering where you got that pumpkin beer at?? I’ve never seen it! Also, you should try out Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin— sooo delicious! There’s a bar around me that has it on tap, and I loved it!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hey Amanda! I actually had that beer while I was in Chicago a few weeks ago. Sadly, I haven’t found anything like it here. I’ll try your suggestion next!

Sharon, The Mayorposted September 26, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Love the DD Pumpkin K-Cups also!

As a Chicago gale, the beer is not local. Goose Island has a great pumpkin beer that is local. Check your Binny’s to find it.

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Thanks so much Sharon!

natalie@thesweetslifeposted September 26, 2013 at 9:37 pm

if i were getting married again (to the same guy of course ;)) I’d definitely want lace on my dress!! Have fun shopping!

• Sallyreplied on September 26th, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Thanks Natalie!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoliposted September 27, 2013 at 12:37 am

Wow! How awesome it must be to flip open a magazine and see your face! Ugh, that would be a dreeeeeam! Actually, I’d love to have my own cookbook someday, but eh…who knows!

Thanks for the reminder that I still need to try your white chocolate pretzel cookies…sweet and salty combos are THE best!

I can’t seem to think ahead for the fall this year since I”m still stuck in summer…trying to get my fill of all the berries I missed out on months ago! Haha!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2013 at 7:33 am

Thank you Heather, you’re so kind! I already miss all my favorite summer fruits. Apples have taken over the grocery store produce section. I’m not complaining int he slightest, I just want some juicy watermelon back. ;)

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted September 27, 2013 at 3:23 pm

So much pumpkin goodness in this post! Have a great weekend Sally!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

You too Pamela!

Jessposted September 28, 2013 at 11:18 am

You are fabulous! Not only for your amazingly delicious recipes, but you take the time to respond to almost all of your viewers who comment. That is just awesome.

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Thank you Jess, you’re so sweet! I appreciate the comment SO very much.

Heatherposted September 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I just found your blog, and I’m pretty sure we are kindred spirits!! I’m going to make your cake batter chocolate chip cookies to cheer up a friend that just lost her dog. Thanks so much!

• Sallyreplied on September 29th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Heather my heart pours out to your friend. Losing a pet is so horrible and she is lucky to have you there for her. I am so happy knowing my cookies could cheer her up. Thank you so much :)

Georgia @ Chop It Like It's Hotposted September 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Aw, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How exciting – so cute that your sisters are playing a major part in your big day too :) I’m with you on the peanut butter addiction… I hated it until about a month ago and now I’m HOOKED.

• Sallyreplied on September 30th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Thank you so much Georgia! And yes, I have a huge PB obsession. All the time. ;)

Laurie {Simply Scratch}posted October 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Congratulations on your book Sally! You should be so proud!! What a great year so far :)

• Sallyreplied on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:15 am

You are SO sweet Laurie!! Thank you. xox

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted October 27, 2013 at 8:20 am

Oh my gosh. How are you not constantly freaking out over all the excitement in your life?! The cookbook on Amazon thing, getting married, and TWO Women’s Day features? That is awesome! So, so happy for you. :)