2013 Recipe Superlatives.

Sally's Baking Addiction Best of 2013 Recipes. These are the most popular recipes on my website!

The year 2013 was an incredible year for Sally’s Baking Addiction because:

This is madness! In the best way possible, of course.

Over the past year you’ve showed me how much you love cookies, chocolate, sprinkles, and learning more about the girl behind the blog.

You’ve shared my recipes with loved ones, written me emails, tweeted, pinned, clicked, commented, and showed your support for my baking addiction.

And I can’t thank YOU enough.

Just like last year, here are the best recipes of the year 2013, according to your tastebuds!

Most Loved Cookie

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies (also the most popular recipe on SBA this year)

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies - my most popular recipe!

Most Loved Brownies

Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies - my most popular brownie recipe!

Runners-Up: (you love cheesecake!)

Most Loved Muffins

Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (140 calories each!)

140 calorie Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

Most Loved Cake/Pie

Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake

Best-Ever Homemade Funfetti Cake!

Most-Loved Cupcakes

You love chocolate cupcakes!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Nutella Frosting

Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Nutella Frosting on top! Love this cupcake recipe

Most Loved Snacks/Candy:

30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels – both whole wheat (top) and white (bottom)

30 Minutes to Homemade Soft Pretzels!

Most Loved Healthier Recipe

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies - made with oats, yogurt, and you can control how much sugar!

Most Loved Breads/Rolls

Easy Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch

I love this Easy Cinnamon Roll recipe! Perfect for yeast beginners

• Recipe Most Made By Readers (that I know of)Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I’m not surprised – it is by far the most popular recipe on my website. Countless emails and over 750 comments. All hail the chewy chocolate chunk cookie!

• Recipe Taking Me The Longest To Develop –  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. It took me two years (!!!) to develop a chewy, non-cakey pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. And the wait was worth it. You all love this recipe too!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Cupcakes

Sally’s Favorite Recipe of 2013

Ok, this is clearly difficult for my sweet teeth. Not my sweet tooth, my sweet teeth.

I am choosing three favorites. These three recipes are the crème de la crème. The best of the best. If I could only eat three things for the rest of my life, these would be it:

In descending order:

3. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

5 Ingredients, no baking, easy, loved by everyone with tastebuds.

No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

2. Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake

This giant breakfast cake is MADNESS.

One of my favorite recipes ever - 1 Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake using my kitchen-tested dough recipe.

1. Salted Caramel Apple Pie

Are you surprised? This is my favorite pie crust and apple is my favorite flavor to bake with!

Salted Caramel Apple Pie - my favorite recipe of the year. I love this homemade pie crust recipe!

Q: What were some of your 2013 favorites? Not particularly on my website, but any favorites that you made?  Tell me about them!

See last year’s superlatives (and my favorite recipe of 2012!).

Here’s to a pretty sweet 2014. ;)

130 Responses to “2013 Recipe Superlatives.”

Shelbyposted December 31, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Added your Raspberry Thumbprint Almond Shortbread Cookies to my Christmas Cookie Platter. So pretty and so delicious. They are there to stay!
    Thank you for sharing.

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 10:16 am

Love those cookies! Thanks so much Shelby.

Ikhlasposted December 31, 2013 at 11:33 pm

What a sweet year you’ve had, Sally! Lots of yummy treats this year…can’t wait to see what you cook up next year! Happy New Year! :)

Tieghanposted December 31, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Such an incredible year for you!! You continue to AMAZE me. I really just do not have words. Thanks for being so kind and inspiring for me and doing what you! I know I say this all time, but only to achieve half of what you have!!

Incredible recipes, writing and photos!! Go Sally! :)

Happy New Year!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 10:15 am

Oh Tieghan, you’re a rock star yourself!! All your incredibly creative recipes and jaw-dropping photography. You go girl! Happy new year! Xoxo

Shirleyposted January 1, 2014 at 12:16 am

Thanks Sally for brightening up my emails! Every day of 2013 since subscribing to your blog, I have looked forward to checking my extensive list of emails knowing that there will be a sweet treat awaiting me. I keep all my favs in my inbox and I wish I had the time to make them all. My New Year’s resolution is to do just that! Happy New Year to you and keep up your sweet work.

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 10:12 am

Hi Shirley! Thank you so much for the incredibly kind comment! Knowing that you look forward to my posts and recipes means the world to me. You have to let me know which recipes you try this year. I love hearing about it!

Mary Francesposted January 1, 2014 at 9:24 am

You are such an incredible blogger, Sally. You are humble and engaging and one amazing recipe developer and photographer. This round up is proof of how amazing you are! I personally love those skinny pb brownies, but that giant cinnamon roll cake is definitely calling my name. Happy New Year!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 10:05 am

Thank you Mary Francis! You are so sweet. Reading this comment made my morning! I love those skinny PB brownies too. So good! Happy new year!

Christi @ Love From The Ovenposted January 1, 2014 at 10:22 am

What an amazing year Sally! Here’s to an even sweeter 2014! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 10:28 am

Same to you Christi! Xoxo

Lisaposted January 1, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Just found your blog this year and I’ve been wildly impressed with every recipe! I was pregnant for the majority of last year and I could always find the perfect thing to solve a craving! In fact I started baking so much that I received a kitchenaid artisan mixer for my birthday! Thank you Sally! You have inspired me in the kitchen and my husband loves it! Now I just need to get rid of this “baby” weight!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Hey Lisa! What a sweet comment. I am so happy you love to bake so much. And now you have a beautiful mixer to help you out! You’ll have to let me know which recipes you love!

Cathyposted January 1, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I would love some more healthy snack recipes this year! I adore the chickpea poppers and would be so excited if you posted more recipes like that!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I have a ton of healthy recipes coming this month Cathy!

Kateposted January 1, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I have lost count of how many times I’ve made your snickerdoodle recipe … and we have made your apple gorgonzola pizza about 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Winners!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Oh that pizza. Amazing, Kate! Love it so much. Happy new year!

Julianne @ Beyond Frostingposted January 1, 2014 at 10:54 pm

When I discovered your blog earlier this year, I also discovered that I had pinned several of your amazing photos without even realizing it. I then spent a few days combing through and pinning like crazy. I am not surprised you have seen such substantial growth this year, your recipes are amazing, your photography is eye- catching and your writing style is difficult to come by. I am super excited for your cookbook release, and to see what’s coming next! Happy New Year Sally!

• Sallyreplied on January 2nd, 2014 at 10:31 am

This comment made my morning. Julianne, you are so sweet and supportive and I’m so thankful we found each others’ blogs!

Liz @Life Made Sweetposted January 1, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Congrats on such a fabulous year Sally! My highpoint was finding your blog! You are an inspiration to me! Happy New Year!

Elizabethposted January 2, 2014 at 1:17 am

I love so many of your recipes! You’re definitely one of my blog inspirations as I start my journey with my food blog!

Kristinposted January 2, 2014 at 9:21 am

I came across your blog on Pinterest and it took me over 2 weeks to decide what to make first. I made the apple blueberry pie bars first (heavenly), for Christmas I made the chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiches, and most recently made the banana blueberry muffins. I’m a newly stay at home mom and your blog gives me a break from mommy duties while the baby is sleeping (and my boyfriend doesn’t mind coming home to the tasty treats!). I can’t wait for your cookbook to come out, already pre-ordered! Congrats on a great year!

• Sallyreplied on January 2nd, 2014 at 10:25 am

Hey Kristin! Thanks so much for preordering my book! So happy to hear that. And you’ve made a few of the best recipes. Especially those apple blueberry pie bars. So, so good anytime of year. Thanks for the sweet comment!

Katie Pedersenposted January 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Household name like Betty Crocker before 2014 calls it quits; I see it now, Sally. So excited for you and your cookbook and not to mention your marriage! 2014 IS going to be “sweet” indeed!

• Sallyreplied on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:18 pm

You are so kind, thanks Katie. :)

Eleniposted January 4, 2014 at 1:41 am

I was so relieved to find Andes chocolates when I visited home over the holidays (I live overseas, where I can’t buy them, and home is Canada, where they’re only available at Christmas!) so that I could try out your Andes Mint Chocolate Chunk cookies.. they were amazing, definitely the first that came to mind when I think of favorite recipes I’ve tried in the last year. I even snuck a couple bags of the chocolates back with me so I could make them and the mocha version here :)
    I also really loved your Apple Spice Quinoa Granola, I’m planning on making some today!

• Sallyreplied on January 4th, 2014 at 9:00 am

Eleni, both of those recipes are fantastic. LOVE both of the andes mint chocolate chunk cookies and the mocha version. So good. Happy you found the Andes chocolates!

Laura Dembowskiposted January 4, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Congratulations on a great year, Sally! I’m so happy for you. My blog actually quadrupled too, though I have a long way to go. I’m hoping 2014 will be a great year for both of us :)

• Sallyreplied on January 4th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

That’s wonderful Laura – congrats! Have a great weekend.

Luisaposted January 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Tried some recipes out of your blog but none of these, I must try the cookies on number 1!!
    Love your blog Sally, I visit daily :)

Lu *

Nutmeg Nannyposted January 6, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Sounds like you had a fantastic year :) so happy for you!!