The Countdown Begins.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook - over 75+ exclusive and fully photographed recipes!

Ladies and gents, it’s almost here.

My very first cookbook hits the shelves soon. Someone pinch me. Am I dreaming?

Cookbook

I began writing my cookbook last May. I finished my manuscript in September. And my book went to the printers in December.

My editor told me that my cookbook will take longer to print than most cookbooks because… it’s so colorful. ;)

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook

Each chapter has a different color scheme, sort of like a rainbow.

Yes, I’m 5 years old.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook

Guess What?

I will be receiving something today that will instantly brighten up my week. I desperately need some good news after this disaster and did I mention my car battery died the day after? Yeah. My life.

My hands are shaking as I type this and I couldn’t sleep last night in excitement.

I am receiving my advanced copy TODAY! I can barely breathe. Looking at the finalized product is a feeling I’ve been dreaming about since I lost my grandmother. (To whom my cookbook is dedicated.)

I started my blog 2 weeks after she passed. Grandma was a baker.  And I know that sharing my recipes with the world would make her proud.

A snippet from the book:

Grandma

This cookbook is a result of hard work, determination, focus, and patience. A whole lot of patience, a quality I definitely am not blessed with.

I created, tested, retested, retested again, baked, styled, shot, edited, and wrote every single recipe in the book. I feel like I didn’t sleep for 5 straight months. Oh well, that’s what coffee’s for… right?

If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. If you plan to pre-order my cookbook, thank you. If you plan to buy it when it hits stores, thank you. If you’re even READING this post, thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Here’s the Good News for YOU!

I just heard this week that the cookbook release date has been moved up!

If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, yours will ship out in February. The book will hit stores in March. There WILL be an electronic version available for tablets. I can’t really control when stores will have the books in, but I do know that any cookbook preorders will ship out in February. :)

Happy dance, party time, pour the champagne, get jiggy wit’ it. What?

Ok, I’m slightly excited.

A few previews for you…

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe | sallysbakingaddiction.com

This chocolate swirly twirly cake? You won’t even believe it. It’s in the Healthy Choices section of the book, by the way.

You’ll find it on page 154.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Preview

I’ve showed you this picture before. What on earth is it?!?!

Here it is again:

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

There’s caramel, there’s chocolate, there’s ice cream.

You’ll find it on page 78.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

This mind-blowing muffin was the first recipe I shot for my cookbook on May 12th 2013.

You’ll find it on page 14.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

These cupcakes are fruity and stuffed and fluffy and soft and you won’t even believe what the frosting is.

Here they are again:

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

You’ll love them. They’re on page 124.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

This chocolate stuff. I almost fainted when I tasted it.

You’ll find it on page 84.

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes | sallysbakingaddiction.com

Yes. That is all.

Things ‘n Stuff in the Book

Grams. You asked me for it, so I’m doing it! Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.

Photos. Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.

Easy. Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website.  They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.

Healthy. You don’t have to kiss your skinny jeans good-bye.  My longest chapter is my Healthy Choices section.  I love to revamp indulgent recipes to fit a healthier lifestyle.  I include vegan and gluten free goodies as well.

Learn. You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.

Yum. You will also learn that s’mores shouldn’t only be enjoyed around a campfire.

Your cookbook collection is about to get a whole lot sweeter.

Pre-order here or here or here or here.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook - on sale

Would it be weird if I slept with my cookbook under my pillow tonight? I won’t be able to let go of it.

275 Responses to “The Countdown Begins.”

121
    Stephanie - Daisy Bitesposted January 19, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Oh my goodness, I’m so excited! I put this on my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but I do not think my mom understands technology enough to find the list, let alone buy anything from it…haha. Oh well! Preordering myself right. now.

Also, I wish I was as talented a photographer as you are! A good camera is just so darn expensive!!! But aside from the camera quality, you stage your shots so well! Your recipes are all delicious anyways, but your pictures make them all the more irresistible!!! Plus, I’m 5 year old too, and all who know me know how much I love COLOR! Very impressed. I hope to improve my photography skills until I can maybe one day justify splurging for a nice camera that can really get the job done. Until then, my iPhone and my little point and shoot camera will have to suffice. :)

Can’t wait to get your cookbook! (Any plans for a book signing? Because I live in Baltimore and would definitely be there!) <3 Congratulations for all your success!!!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 10:37 am

Hey Stephanie! You are so kind. I would love to do a book signing and my publisher does plan one, I’ll be sure to announce it on my blog and social medias. Thank you for all the kind words about my photos. It all truly means a lot because the photography is the hardest part for me. As well as the most time consuming. But it’s my favorite part. Anyway – thank you so much!

122
    Olivia Helmposted January 20, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Hey Sally! We definitely need a book signing in Atlanta! I live about 45 minutes away, but I would gladly make that drive to meet you! (And, technically, my mom would drive, since I’m only 13!) I am growing more excited every day in anticipation for this cookbook! I love the part that it will take longer to print! I definitely take colorful any day over dull and drab! I think my first recipe will definitely be those M&M bar cookies on Instagram! Have a great day!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Olivia! I’m so glad you’re excited about my cookbook. Those M&M bars are one of my favorite recipes. I’ll have to see what my publisher says about book signings!

123
    Megan @ The Pink Flourposted January 20, 2014 at 7:37 pm

So excited for you, Sally! I just pre-ordered my copy and cannot wait to get it in the mail! You’re such an inspiration to bakers and bloggers everywhere :)

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Thank you Megan!

124
    Susanposted January 21, 2014 at 4:29 am

Just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon.co.uk. Super excited! You’ve given me the motivation to start up my own baking blog. Congratulations :)

125
    Annaposted January 21, 2014 at 6:10 am

My parents, who know my obsession with your blog (we’re on a first name basis now.. Tho you don’t know it!) pre ordered this for me secretly and when I just read it would be here this month.. I SQUELED!! I am so so excited to have it in my hands and read it every morning to my coffee. And to bake through very single recipe! From the bottom of my heart I wish a congratulations to you. I pray one day I can live up to what you have created. Thank you for all your hard work :’) it is so so appreciated by me and all the other baker addicts on here.

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 8:55 am

Thank you so, so much for the very kind comment Anna! I’m so happy that you are excited for my book.

126
    Sarahposted January 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Many congratulations, Sally! :)

127
    Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted January 21, 2014 at 4:18 pm

OMG Sally it looks gorgeous!!! I have chills FOR you – you so deserve this though and I can’t wait to see it in it’s entirety (and then bake everything from it!)

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Thanks Jess! I appreciate it so much. You need to let me know what you make first. I know several recipes that you will just love.

128
    Mercedesposted January 21, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I. CAN. HARDLY. WAIT!!!!!!

• Sallyreplied on January 22nd, 2014 at 10:41 am

:) Thanks Mercedes! xo

129
    Ashleyposted January 24, 2014 at 8:24 am

SO EXCITED!! I made your cake batter blondies 2 days ago and after I had my first bite I immediately went onto Amazon and pre ordered your book.
    Can’t wait to try out some more of your recipes :)

• Sallyreplied on January 24th, 2014 at 4:39 pm

That’s so great, Ashley!! Thanks for preordering. Love those simple blondies!

130
    cheminposted January 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

I pre-orderd your book as soon as you told us about it from amazon…. I CAN NOT WAIT to get it! Feel like I know you from your site. My Husband Kevin laughs because I call you my “girl” he’s like you don’t really know her But I feeel like I do I’m like here’s some fudge, cookies, energy bites I made with my Girl’s recipe LOL I am NOT a baker but have really been trying out your recipes and with success! thank you for getting me excited to bake even though it is not in my comfort zone. Do you have any chocolate mousee recipes?

• Sallyreplied on January 24th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I’m so happy you love my blog so much and feel like you know me. I try to be personable on my blog – because I know when I read blogs, I like to try to connect with the writer! Anyway, I do not currently have a chocolate mousse recipe on my blog. Thank you for pre-rodering my book!

131
    Deeposted January 30, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Hi, Sally. I am very excited about your cook book. Since discovering your blog, my go-to recipes have all been replaced by yours! I’m very happy for you — you are an AMAZING baker and I know your book will be excellent. Congrats and keep up the great baking!!

132
    Lori Delgadoposted February 7, 2014 at 6:36 am

Hi Sally & congratulations on your cookbook. Very exciting for you! I just pre-ordered mine today and am very anxious to receive it and can’t wait to try your recipes from the book.

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Thank you Lori!

133
    Alexposted February 19, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Sally, stop teasing us with photos! (Don’t actually stop. They’re very exciting. I cannot wait for page 78.) Congratulations!

& IN GRAMS?! I’m a very happy lady.

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Yes! Grams as well as cup measurements. Enjoy my cookbook Alex!

134
    Tinaposted February 24, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Sally,
    Even if I had no desire to make anything from your cookbook I would still buy it just to support you. You seem like such a sweet, kind-hearted, generous person. Even though I don’t personally know you I have been following your blog for awhile now and have even commented on your chocolate chip cookies that use cornstarch(by the way, yummy). Guess what? You replied back. I can only imagine how busy you are but you take the time to reply back to your readers which speaks of your character and your dedication to your work. I feel like that is one of the reasons you deserve all of the good things that are happening to you right now. I wish you much continued success and happiness. And about that “not making anything from your book”, yeah, so not going to happen. I cannot wait to have a copy in my own kitchen and since I often take cookbooks to bed with me at night to read, I might fall asleep with it under my pillow too :)

• Sallyreplied on February 24th, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Tina, I can’t tell you how much this comments means to me. Today was an awful day in the kitchen (2 recipe disasters!), so reading this tonight truly made the whole day seem brighter. Thank you, so so much for your support and encouragement. I am blessed to have readers like you. I love what I do so much! I’m so lucky to call what I love my job. I can’t wait for you to get my cookbook! You will have to let me know a few favorite recipes from it whenever you bake them. Thank you again, Tina. Your comment made my day.

135
    Lindseyposted March 18, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Sally – I must confess I didn’t know that you were coming out with a cookbook. But I was in Barnes & Noble this weekend and your cookbook was on one of the feature tables! I was absolutely delighted for you. The book is great!! I especially love all the colors and the photos. You are a true inspiration!

• Sallyreplied on March 18th, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Lindsey! I’m so glad you stumbled upon my cookbook. Enjoy it! And hey – I had no idea it was on a display table!! I’m going to have to go see it in real life and take a picture. That’s so awesome!!