The Countdown Begins.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe |

Ladies and gents, it’s almost here.

My very first cookbook hits the shelves soon. Someone pinch me. Am I dreaming?

I began writing my cookbook last May. I finished my manuscript in September. And my book went to the printers in December.

My editor told me that my cookbook will take longer to print than most cookbooks because… it’s so colorful.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook

Each chapter has a different color scheme, sort of like a rainbow.

Yes, I’m 5 years old.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook
Guess What?

I will be receiving something today that will instantly brighten up my week. I desperately need some good news after this disaster and did I mention my car battery died the day after? Yeah. My life.

My hands are shaking as I type this and I couldn’t sleep last night in excitement. I am receiving my advanced copy TODAY! I can barely breathe. Looking at the finalized product is a feeling I’ve been dreaming about since I lost my grandmother, to whom my cookbook is dedicated. I started my blog 2 weeks after she passed. Grandma was a baker.  And I know that sharing my recipes with the world would make her proud.

This cookbook is a result of hard work, determination, focus, and patience. A whole lot of patience, a quality I definitely am not blessed with. I created, tested, retested, retested again, baked, styled, shot, edited, and wrote every single recipe in the book. I feel like I didn’t sleep for 5 straight months.

If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. If you plan to pre-order my cookbook, thank you. If you plan to buy it when it hits stores, thank you. If you’re even READING this post, thank you.

Here’s the Good News for YOU!

I just heard this week that the cookbook release date has been moved up! If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, yours will ship out in February. The book will hit stores in March. There WILL be an electronic version available for tablets. I can’t really control when stores will have the books in, but I do know that any cookbook preorders will ship out in February.

Happy dance, party time, pour the champagne, get jiggy wit’ it. What?

Ok, I’m slightly excited. A few previews for you…

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe |

This chocolate swirly twirly cake? You won’t even believe it. It’s in the Healthy Choices section of the book, by the way.

You’ll find it on page 154.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Preview

I’ve showed you this picture before. What on earth is it?!?!

Here it is again:

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

There’s caramel, there’s chocolate, there’s ice cream.

You’ll find it on page 78.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

This mind-blowing muffin was the first recipe I shot for my cookbook on May 12th 2013.

You’ll find it on page 14.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

These cupcakes are fruity and stuffed and fluffy and soft and you won’t even believe what the frosting is.

Here they are again:

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

You’ll love them. They’re on page 124.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

This chocolate stuff. I almost fainted when I tasted it.

You’ll find it on page 84.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

Yes. That is all.

Things ‘n Stuff in the Book

* Grams. You asked me for it, so I’m doing it! Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.

* Photos. Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.

* Easy. Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website.  They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.

* Healthy. You don’t have to kiss your skinny jeans good-bye.  My longest chapter is my Healthy Choices section.  I love to revamp indulgent recipes to fit a healthier lifestyle.  I include vegan and gluten free goodies as well.

* Learn. You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.

* Yum. You will also learn that s’mores shouldn’t only be enjoyed around a campfire.

Pre-order a copy today!

♥ Qbookshop
♥ Amazon
♥ Barnes and Noble
♥ Indiebound
♥ Indigo

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook - on sale

Would it be weird if I slept with my cookbook under my pillow tonight? I won’t be able to let go of it.

276 Responses to “The Countdown Begins.”

Daniposted January 18, 2014 at 12:05 am

Yay Congrat! That’s totally awesome and must feel amazing. I will be sure to get. Is it coming out in ebook? If not I’ll definitely get it in print!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:49 am

Hey Dani! Yep, it will come out as an eBook in March.

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted January 18, 2014 at 1:29 am

How exciting is this?! I’m so happy for you, Sally! And no judgment here if you sleep with the book – you deserve it! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:48 am

Thanks friend! xoxo

Cathyposted January 18, 2014 at 1:50 am

Congratulations!!! So excited for you!! Can’t wait to pick it up :)

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thanks Cathy!

Helen @ Scrummy Laneposted January 18, 2014 at 4:12 am

Wow, it took me so long to scroll down to leave a comment as so many others beat me to the congratulations!
    What an achievement and I have no doubt that it’s well deserved!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:44 am

Thank you, as always, Helen!

Jessposted January 18, 2014 at 4:48 am

Wow! Congrats Sally on the cookbook! I can’t wait to buy it here! You really deserve it :)

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:43 am

Thank you Jess!

Betsy @JavaCupcakeposted January 18, 2014 at 7:17 am

That’s great news, Sally!! Congratulations, I’m so excited for you!!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:42 am

Thanks Betsy!

Cheriposted January 18, 2014 at 8:16 am

I hope everything is all right, and I am loving your book!
    Oh, and have you tried this microwave cake?

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:42 am

I have not! But it looks right up my alley. I love lemon.

Ikhlasposted January 18, 2014 at 9:44 am

Oh my gosh, how exciting, Sally! I saw your pic on instagram of it and it looks BEAUTIFUL! I can’t wait to buy it when it hits stores :)
    Btw, I’ve suddenly stopped receiving email updates from SBA when you publish new posts. Not sure why :(

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hey Ikhlas! I am aware of the subscription email problem. I’m having it fixed this weekend actually! Thanks so much for still visiting my website despite that issue. I’m happy you’re excited about my book!

Kailey Hoskinsposted January 18, 2014 at 10:32 am

Sally, I stumbled on your blog about two year ago, not knowing how young your website was.I love your recipes! it’s been awesome to see how far you have come in such a short amount of time, and how your pictures have developed as well! I’m going to have to talk my husband into letting me buy your book! I’m very excited for you and just wanted to intro as a long-time fan!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:48 am

Thank you for being a long-time reader Kailey! That means a lot to me. If you ever make a recipe, be sure to let me know. I love hearing about it! I know you’ll enjoy my cookbook too. Thanks for taking the time to say hi. :)

Ivana @ Macarons and Pearlsposted January 18, 2014 at 1:52 pm

My oh my, could this be any more exciting??? Congratulations! I simply love seeing my fellow bloggers succeed in such a smashing way, and I can’t wait to receive my copy in the mail!
    Oh, and I love that you dedicated our book to your grandma, it’s so sweet!

Once again, huge congrats!

xx Ivana

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Thanks so much Ivana. I’m excited for you to receive your copy too!

Nicolaposted January 18, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Congratulations! Holding my PhD thesis in my hands (which was dedicated to my late mother) was thrilling enough, I sat there stroking it for ages, but the feeling of an actual published cookbook with your name on the front cover… wow!!! Cuddle way, is what I say!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Congrats to YOU! What an accomplishment Nicola.

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted January 18, 2014 at 2:26 pm

It looks gorgeous! Congratulations on everything. Funny that it took longer to print because of all the color. 😀

That’s so nice that you dedicated it to your grandma. She would have been so proud of you, your blog and book!

Iramposted January 18, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Hi Sally, I pre-ordered your book. I’m so excited. I first stumbled upon this site last May. I have fallen in love with this blog. It’s my fav. Your pics and your writing + your treats are so wonderful. It’s almost the 3rd week of Jan and I’ve made 7 of your recipes. BTW, love the almond choc chip cookies!

you are bound for a lot of success. I wish you lots more in the future. You deserve every second of it. 😉
    hugs from Cali!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

7 of my recipes – wow! Those almond chocolate chip cookies are a regular these days. Just made another batch this afternoon. They disappear quickly! Thank you for pre-ordering. :)

Amandaposted January 18, 2014 at 3:13 pm

SOOOO excited for you!! Especially after everything you have gone through… you have earned those HIGHS amidst the lows! By the looks of it you and your book are going to be a huge success!!! CONGRATS!!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 3:57 pm

You are too kind, Amanda – thank you! Means the world to me. Have a great weekend!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted January 18, 2014 at 3:41 pm

This is totally exciting! I would definitely be sleeping with it. Congratulations again!!

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Thanks Emily!

Sherryposted January 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I am so excited for you!! I cannot wait to receive your cookbook.
    I placed a pre-order through Amazon. My birthday is in February, so this
    is a wonderful gift to myself :)
    I have referred friends to your blog, and they have also loved your recipes as much as I do.

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2014 at 11:49 am

Thank you for sharing my blog with your friends, Sherry! So happy you are excited for my cookbook. You’ll have to make yourself something from the book right away as a birthday treat.

Itanniposted January 18, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I never buy cookbooks, but I am so buying yours!!! It looks AMAZING! I hope I can get in Canada!

• Itannireplied on January 18th, 2014 at 10:22 pm

*Get it…sigh. I can’t spell.

Debposted January 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Ironic that I had sworn off buying another cookbook because so many awesome recipes can be found online, and your awesome recipes online are what leads me to buy another cookbook!

Will there be a savory edition in the future? Those onion rings are da bomb. Yeah, I just said that!

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2014 at 11:51 am

Hey Deb! I’m so happy you enjoy my savory recipes! Who knows what the future holds for them. I’m so happy you’re going to buy my cookbook – and thanks for the congrats!

Emposted January 19, 2014 at 12:08 am

Sally, I really can’t wait to purchase this cook book. Congratulations! Your hard work has totally paid off, and I can’t wait for you to hear how much people love the book (because honestly, who wouldn’t?). I just think it’s amazing that you did this. This probably sounds so sappy, but I don’t even care anymore. Congratulations again!!!!!

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2014 at 11:52 am

Thank you Em!! Very much appreciated :)

Jasmineposted January 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Congrats! My friends and family will have you to thank for their growing waistlines…lol.

I cannot wait! Don’t know how many times I have used your recipes. Thanks for putting life back in to my Sunday afternoons!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 8:33 am

Thanks Jasmine. :) What a sweet comment! You’ll have to let me know what you make first.

Stephanie - Daisy Bitesposted January 19, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Oh my goodness, I’m so excited! I put this on my Amazon wish list for Christmas, but I do not think my mom understands technology enough to find the list, let alone buy anything from it…haha. Oh well! Preordering myself right. now.

Also, I wish I was as talented a photographer as you are! A good camera is just so darn expensive!!! But aside from the camera quality, you stage your shots so well! Your recipes are all delicious anyways, but your pictures make them all the more irresistible!!! Plus, I’m 5 year old too, and all who know me know how much I love COLOR! Very impressed. I hope to improve my photography skills until I can maybe one day justify splurging for a nice camera that can really get the job done. Until then, my iPhone and my little point and shoot camera will have to suffice. :)

Can’t wait to get your cookbook! (Any plans for a book signing? Because I live in Baltimore and would definitely be there!) <3 Congratulations for all your success!!!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 10:37 am

Hey Stephanie! You are so kind. I would love to do a book signing and my publisher does plan one, I’ll be sure to announce it on my blog and social medias. Thank you for all the kind words about my photos. It all truly means a lot because the photography is the hardest part for me. As well as the most time consuming. But it’s my favorite part. Anyway – thank you so much!

Olivia Helmposted January 20, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Hey Sally! We definitely need a book signing in Atlanta! I live about 45 minutes away, but I would gladly make that drive to meet you! (And, technically, my mom would drive, since I’m only 13!) I am growing more excited every day in anticipation for this cookbook! I love the part that it will take longer to print! I definitely take colorful any day over dull and drab! I think my first recipe will definitely be those M&M bar cookies on Instagram! Have a great day!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Olivia! I’m so glad you’re excited about my cookbook. Those M&M bars are one of my favorite recipes. I’ll have to see what my publisher says about book signings!

Megan @ The Pink Flourposted January 20, 2014 at 7:37 pm

So excited for you, Sally! I just pre-ordered my copy and cannot wait to get it in the mail! You’re such an inspiration to bakers and bloggers everywhere :)

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Thank you Megan!

Susanposted January 21, 2014 at 4:29 am

Just pre-ordered my copy on Super excited! You’ve given me the motivation to start up my own baking blog. Congratulations :)

Annaposted January 21, 2014 at 6:10 am

My parents, who know my obsession with your blog (we’re on a first name basis now.. Tho you don’t know it!) pre ordered this for me secretly and when I just read it would be here this month.. I SQUELED!! I am so so excited to have it in my hands and read it every morning to my coffee. And to bake through very single recipe! From the bottom of my heart I wish a congratulations to you. I pray one day I can live up to what you have created. Thank you for all your hard work :’) it is so so appreciated by me and all the other baker addicts on here.

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 8:55 am

Thank you so, so much for the very kind comment Anna! I’m so happy that you are excited for my book.

Sarahposted January 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Many congratulations, Sally! :)

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted January 21, 2014 at 4:18 pm

OMG Sally it looks gorgeous!!! I have chills FOR you – you so deserve this though and I can’t wait to see it in it’s entirety (and then bake everything from it!)

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Thanks Jess! I appreciate it so much. You need to let me know what you make first. I know several recipes that you will just love.

Mercedesposted January 21, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I. CAN. HARDLY. WAIT!!!!!!

• Sallyreplied on January 22nd, 2014 at 10:41 am

:) Thanks Mercedes! xo

Ashleyposted January 24, 2014 at 8:24 am

SO EXCITED!! I made your cake batter blondies 2 days ago and after I had my first bite I immediately went onto Amazon and pre ordered your book.
    Can’t wait to try out some more of your recipes :)

• Sallyreplied on January 24th, 2014 at 4:39 pm

That’s so great, Ashley!! Thanks for preordering. Love those simple blondies!

cheminposted January 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

I pre-orderd your book as soon as you told us about it from amazon…. I CAN NOT WAIT to get it! Feel like I know you from your site. My Husband Kevin laughs because I call you my “girl” he’s like you don’t really know her But I feeel like I do I’m like here’s some fudge, cookies, energy bites I made with my Girl’s recipe LOL I am NOT a baker but have really been trying out your recipes and with success! thank you for getting me excited to bake even though it is not in my comfort zone. Do you have any chocolate mousee recipes?

• Sallyreplied on January 24th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I’m so happy you love my blog so much and feel like you know me. I try to be personable on my blog – because I know when I read blogs, I like to try to connect with the writer! Anyway, I do not currently have a chocolate mousse recipe on my blog. Thank you for pre-rodering my book!

Deeposted January 30, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Hi, Sally. I am very excited about your cook book. Since discovering your blog, my go-to recipes have all been replaced by yours! I’m very happy for you — you are an AMAZING baker and I know your book will be excellent. Congrats and keep up the great baking!!

Lori Delgadoposted February 7, 2014 at 6:36 am

Hi Sally & congratulations on your cookbook. Very exciting for you! I just pre-ordered mine today and am very anxious to receive it and can’t wait to try your recipes from the book.

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Thank you Lori!

Alexposted February 19, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Sally, stop teasing us with photos! (Don’t actually stop. They’re very exciting. I cannot wait for page 78.) Congratulations!

& IN GRAMS?! I’m a very happy lady.

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Yes! Grams as well as cup measurements. Enjoy my cookbook Alex!

Tinaposted February 24, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Even if I had no desire to make anything from your cookbook I would still buy it just to support you. You seem like such a sweet, kind-hearted, generous person. Even though I don’t personally know you I have been following your blog for awhile now and have even commented on your chocolate chip cookies that use cornstarch(by the way, yummy). Guess what? You replied back. I can only imagine how busy you are but you take the time to reply back to your readers which speaks of your character and your dedication to your work. I feel like that is one of the reasons you deserve all of the good things that are happening to you right now. I wish you much continued success and happiness. And about that “not making anything from your book”, yeah, so not going to happen. I cannot wait to have a copy in my own kitchen and since I often take cookbooks to bed with me at night to read, I might fall asleep with it under my pillow too :)

• Sallyreplied on February 24th, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Tina, I can’t tell you how much this comments means to me. Today was an awful day in the kitchen (2 recipe disasters!), so reading this tonight truly made the whole day seem brighter. Thank you, so so much for your support and encouragement. I am blessed to have readers like you. I love what I do so much! I’m so lucky to call what I love my job. I can’t wait for you to get my cookbook! You will have to let me know a few favorite recipes from it whenever you bake them. Thank you again, Tina. Your comment made my day.

Lindseyposted March 18, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Sally – I must confess I didn’t know that you were coming out with a cookbook. But I was in Barnes & Noble this weekend and your cookbook was on one of the feature tables! I was absolutely delighted for you. The book is great!! I especially love all the colors and the photos. You are a true inspiration!

• Sallyreplied on March 18th, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Lindsey! I’m so glad you stumbled upon my cookbook. Enjoy it! And hey – I had no idea it was on a display table!! I’m going to have to go see it in real life and take a picture. That’s so awesome!!

Carolposted May 27, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Hi Sally, I bought your book a couple months ago and have already made some of the recipes.However congrats and it was a good decision I made.