35 Easter + Springtime Recipes.

35 Easter & Springtime Recipe Ideas including Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Cheesy Spinach Quiche, Cinnamon Roll Cake, Sugar Cookies, and more!

Can you believe that Easter is right around the corner? Uh, not that I’m complaining. This was one of the snowiest, coldest winters Baltimore has seen in a long time. I’m welcoming spring and Easter with open arms.

Today I’m running a 10K in beautiful sunny weather. It’s a pretty flat course around the Baltimore harbor. I don’t have a new recipe for you, but I have 35 recipe ideas for you to make this time of year. From cookies to cupcakes to cakes to muffins, I have all of your Easter and springtime baking needs covered.

Today is also my mom’s birthday. Happy birthday mama! Without you, I wouldn’t know a damn thing about pineapple upside-down cake! (See #13)

Here we go. All of the recipes are pictured in photo collages with links to the corresponding recipes below each group.

35 Easy Easter + Springtime Recipe Ideas including funfetti cookies, homemade carrot cake, and strawberry shortcake cupcakes!

1. Ultimate Magic Cookie Bars – coconut, pecans, chocolate, butterscotch. The works!
2. Skinny Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
3. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes – with fresh whipped cream and strawberry filling
4. Soft-Baked Funfetti Sugar Cookies
5. Super-Crumb Coffee Cake
6. Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – our family favorite
7. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

35 Easter & Springtime Recipes including Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, Orange Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, and Lemon Cupcakes!

8. Homemade Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
9. Nutella Swirl Pound Cake
10. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies – my favorite shortbread cookie recipe
11. Homemade Monkey Bread with Caramel Sauce – out of this world incredible
12. Pina Colada Cupcakes
13. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – hands down, one of my favorite recipes in the world
14. Orange Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe - Glazed Lemon Loaf

15. Glazed Lemon Loaf – this is a cookbook recipe. I could not leave it out of this round up! Grab my book and then run, don’t walk, to the kitchen and start making it!.

35 Easter & Springtime Recipes including Frosted Sugar Cookies, Cinnamon Roll Cake, Lemon Sweet Rolls, and Blueberry Danishes

16. Coconut Macaroons – my go-to macaroon recipe
17. Homemade Funfetti Cake – so much better than a box mix
18. Funfetti Golden Oreo Fudge
19. Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars – heavy on the pink frosting, of course
20. Blueberries ‘n Cream Danish – using my quick method danish pastry dough
21. Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake – an absolute must make
22. Glazed Lemon Sweet Rolls

35 Easter & Springtime Recipes including Lemon Blueberry Cake, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Jellybean Sugar Cookies, and more!

23. Confetti Cake Batter Cookies
24. Cheesy Spinach Quiche – the best quiche I’ve had, hands down
25. Jellybean Sugar Cookies – so easy, so festive
26. Cinnamon Swirl Chocolate Chip Bread
27. Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
28. Cupcake Puppy Chow – easy snack mix that tastes like cupcakes!
29. Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake – the most popular recipe on my blog right now

35 Easter & Springtime recipes including Lemon Blueberry Sweet Rolls, Best-Ever Banana Bread, Funfetti Donuts, PEEPS S'mores, and more!

30. PEEPS S’mores – add a little fun to your s’mores!
31. Cake Batter Oreo Cookies
32. Baked Funfetti Donuts
33. Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls
34. Best-Ever Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting – the name speaks for itself
35. Biscoff White Chocolate Blondies

And one more for good luck…

Sparkling Fruit Sangria filled with champagne, berries, oranges, and more. There's always a reason for celebrating with sangria!

There’s always room for Sparkling Fruit Sangria. Cheers!

Q: What are you baking for Easter and/or springtime?

47 Responses to “35 Easter + Springtime Recipes.”

Caley Buxtonposted April 12, 2014 at 8:32 am

So many great recipes, Sally! Thanks for rounding them up even when you are busy with a 10K…good luck 😀 My favorite springtime dessert is strawberry lemonade bars. They are just like lemon bars, but you add pureed strawberries. They have an unbelievable bright-pink color and are SO summery :)

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Ohhhh Caley I have to give strawberry lemonade bars a try soon! They sound right up my alley. Have a great weekend – hopefully it’s sunny in CO!

Chelsea @ Gal on a Missionposted April 12, 2014 at 8:43 am

Now that is what I call an Easter/Springtime round-up! Everything looks so bright, colorful, and scrumptious. Looking good as always, Sally.

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Thanks Chelsea – have a great weekend! Hopefully it’s sunny where you live.

Chantalposted April 12, 2014 at 9:06 am

Hi Sally

So many yummy recipes to try.
    Happy birthday for your Mama.
    Have a nice day

Sandraposted April 12, 2014 at 9:30 am

Happy Birthday to your Mom and thanks for the recipes. I know I’ll be baking something from this list.

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Thanks Sandra – let me know what you try!

Laurenposted April 12, 2014 at 10:20 am

Happy Birthday to your Mom! I hope she has a wonderful day and you have an awesome run around the harbor. It’s ABSOLUTELY gorgeous outside! Perfect day for a run… And a beer afterwards 😉

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

a huge YES on the beer. Thirst quenching. :) Great day for a run. Thanks Lauren!

Amyposted April 12, 2014 at 11:41 am

And this is why you’ve become such a favorite of mine…all your recipes are beautiful. Most important, so delicious and easy to make.

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Thanks Amy! I really appreciate that.

Sheila @ Sweet Baked Lifeposted April 12, 2014 at 11:44 am

What a beautiful round-up! I especially love your Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars.

Kateposted April 12, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Can’t wait to try making carrot cake with your recipe! I know it’s usually a staple for bakers, but I haven’t tried it yet. My mom LOVES carrot cake, so this will be a great treat for her.

Loisposted April 12, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I made your carrot cake last year for Easter and this year I want to make the blueberry lemon cake. :)

Melposted April 12, 2014 at 4:44 pm

What a eat list of recipes! I will definitely come back to it again and again. As usual, your photos are stunning and it all looks mouth-watering! Have a great 10K run. Mel

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Thanks Mel! The 10K went well. Happy it’s over!

Lynne Sullivanposted April 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Everything looks so good! I may try the macaroons and/or the lemon blueberry cake. I was already thinking lemon blueberry loaf bread with a glaze. I made it 2 Easters ago & it was yummy! I made your chocolate chip raspberry cake this week. It was delicious!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted April 12, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Happy birthday to your wonderful mother! All of us readers really appreciate her — and your grandmother — passing on their love of baking to you. They must be such incredible role models, as are you Sally! :)

Theresa Doerflerposted April 12, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I am doing an Easter brunch for family and I was just thinking last night that I would love it if you did an Easter recipe focus and there it was today in my e-mail! I have lots of great choices plus I am making your Overnight French Toast Bake from your cookbook that now graces my kitchen cabinet in my cookbook easel! Can’t wait to put my menu together from all these good choices! Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Oh Theresa, I love love love that overnight french toast bake! Cookbook easel’s are so convenient.

Jennifer | Jennifer Bakesposted April 13, 2014 at 4:36 am

Wow! These all look so good. I’ve fallen in love with Easter baking this week after making some cheesecake Easter Eggs. So hard trying to decide what to make next!

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

How clever – they look so good!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted April 13, 2014 at 6:42 am

Forget the ham at Easter I am all about these sweet treats. I am having trouble decided which I want more the monkey bread or cinnamon chocolate chip bread. Both looks so amazing!

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 2:36 pm

How about both? I sure as heck wouldn’t be able to decide between the two. haha

Julie @ This Gal Cooksposted April 13, 2014 at 3:52 pm

What a delicious round-up, Sally! They all look good but I gotta say, the Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake is my fav. Such a beautiful shot of a beautiful cake!

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Good choice. That cake is always a hit with my friends and family!

mjposted April 13, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Oh man, all of these look SO AMAZING! I just made your sugar cookie bars. So delicious. Thank you! How did your run go?

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Hey MJ! Race went much better than I thought it would. My legs are a little sore today. Thanks for asking! Love those sugar cookie bars.

sally davisposted April 13, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Sally, Bought your book about a week ago and I am baking my way through it. I’m fairly comfortable in the kitchen but I have to admit I LOVE the “Sally Says” bits at the end of every recipe and how you lay each item out simply and clearly. I have a cook book mania and yours is truly my favorite. My 14 year old daughter has made a couple cookie recipes (rainbow chocolate chips were FAB) as well and they came out perfectly. Your recipes are terrifce, easy to read and the pictures are mouth watering. I love the way you can mix and match and all the little changes that totally change the taste of each cookie if you want variety. It would be a great recipe book if only to use as a coffee table piece! Thanks for taking the time to make each recipe tasty and easy :)
    -Another Sally (although about 20 years your senior lol)

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Sally, this comment is just so sweet! I enjoyed reading it tonight. I’m happy you like the “sally says” in the book – there were so many tips and tricks I wanted to include! Love those rainbow chocolate chips. I just made them last weekend – they’re always, always a hit.

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cookingposted April 13, 2014 at 5:34 pm

All of these look delicious and perfect for Spring…or anytime you want to pretend it’s spring! I hope your 10K went well and you are spending today recuperating!

• Sallyreplied on April 13th, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I’ve been pretending it’s spring for the past 2 months! Thanks Lindsey – let me know if you try any of these recipes!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted April 14, 2014 at 3:03 am

What a fun round-up! Jason and I don’t celebrate Easter nor do we have any special plans for this weekend but I still want to make a handful of your recipes, starting with the pina colada cupcakes!

Amberposted April 14, 2014 at 9:55 am

Sally, how did you do? Talk about the most PERFECT weather for a race! I wish all of my races were that nice. :)

• Sallyreplied on April 14th, 2014 at 11:57 am

Very well! Much better than I expected. Just under 50 minutes. I was pleased! Thanks for asking Amber.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted April 14, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I would love every single one of these for Easter! Amazing Sally!

Sarahposted April 14, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I’m making your sparkling fruit sangria, WOW that looks good!

• Sallyreplied on April 14th, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Let me know how you like it, Sarah! We make it a lot – it’s my current favorite cocktail for sure.

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted April 14, 2014 at 8:50 pm

What a lovely recipe roundup, Sally! Good luck with your 5K and enjoy the lovely weather (which I hope lasts!). 😀

Fraukeposted April 17, 2014 at 10:42 am

I will baking all of the above. OMG I can’t choose.

Kenzieposted April 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm

AHHH! I want to bake all of these right now! They look so good! I don’t know which one to try out first! I already made Chocolate Bird Nests for easter and I’m always looking for things to try out. I love you blog, I’m so happy I stumbled upon it! :)

Melissaposted April 19, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Lovely group! My eye caught the funfetti sugar cookies-the kids in the family will love these :) Happy Easter Sally!

Katposted April 19, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Made the Pina Colada and the Homemade Lemon Cupcakes this week… they turned out amazing! thanks for the recipe!!!

Nicolaposted April 20, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I made Hot Cross Buns and Chocolate Soured Cream Cupcakes for Easter this year. The former is traditional, and you have to bake with the brown stuff at this time of the year!

By the way, I made your lemon poppyseed muffins last week, and they’ve kept really well. Good job.

• Sallyreplied on April 20th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Those muffins are great. And I didn’t get a chance to make hot cross buns this year – definitely next year!

Louiseposted April 3, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Yum got lots of afternoon tea treats to make next week for mum in laws 70th going to include your very berry scones, also trying sweet potato scones, mini baileys cheesecakes, mini frangipane tarts, and mini Lindor melt in the middle muffins :-) can only find strawberry, raspberry, redcurrant, blackcurrant frozen mix do you think this will work ok?

• Sallyreplied on April 3rd, 2015 at 7:11 pm