Photo A Day, April.

Photo A Day April-8

Welcome back to my Photo A Day posts! I’m posting this from sunny Riviera Maya, Mexico. Today my best friend Kristen is getting married to Seth. Kristen was my college roomie for 3 years and I’m so excited to be by her side this afternoon. 🙂

Let’s rewind to April real quick though. The month I first appeared on TV and in the newspaper, visited Panera Bread’s test kitchen, celebrated Easter (with the Easter bunny… sort of), PR’d in a 10K, and frequently drank margaritas. But hey, what else is new?!

Guess what? I’m going to be on WBAL TV (local Baltimore NBC) again this month. Tune in on Saturday, May 24th at 9:30am. I’ll be making my tie-dye cake! I’ll be sure to share the TV segment on my blog if you are not a Baltimore local.

April 1. April Fools.

April 2. It’s embarrassing how quickly we go through a bucket of Utz honey wheat pretzels.

Photo A Day April

April 3. I own the entire series on DVD and usually have it playing when I’m working in the kitchen. This particular season has my favorite… why I’m the holiday armadillo!

Photo A Day April

April 4. Baked 6 cookbook recipes for the TV segment tomorrow, including rainbow chocolate chip cookies.

Photo A Day April

April 5. My TV appearance! I’m scheduled to go on WBAL again Saturday, May 24th at 9:30am.

Sally's Baking Addiction on WBAL TV

April 6.

April 7.

April 8.

Photo A Day April

April 9. Baked and reshot my favorite Butterfinger Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Soft, chewy, thick, and full of butterfingers. One of Kevin’s favorites – he brought these into work and he said they were gone in 10 minutes.

Butterfinger Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

April 10. Jude’s new toy that was destroyed in 20 minutes. Also, I buy ketchup in bulk and drink coffee from a straw.

April 11.

April 12. Race day!

Sole of the City 10K 2014

April 13. I was 100% boring today.

April 14. Time for some dark chocolate banana bread.

Photo A Day April

April 15. Someone prefers to be safe on the deck.

Photo A Day April

April 16. Taste testing margs at 3pm on a Wednesday. Well, twist my arm!

Photo A Day April

April 17. Dropped the ball today.

April 18. A delicious day at Panera Bread’s test kitchen with some new friends!

April 19. Pizza night.

Photo A Day April

April 20. Easter breakfast, key lime pie (recipe in my cookbook), and classic deviled eggs. Oh, and the Easter bunny.

Photo A Day April

April 21. A 5 mile run, followed by lots of taste testing. Balance.

Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies

April 22.

April 23. Whoops.

April 24. Local newspaper feature to promote my book signing!

Photo A Day April

April 25.  An afternoon visit from my sisters and mom. I’m going to be Sarah’s matron of honor next year! She made that cute little card.

Photo A Day April

April 26. Such a great day – book signing and celebrating with friends on a beautiful Baltimore night.

Photo A Day April

April 27. New dress for Mexico!

28. Coolest feeling in the world ♥

Photo A Day April

29. Starting vacation early! Small batch sangria – a little sweet red wine, sparkling apple juice, and berries.

Red Wine Sangria

April 30. Day 1 in Riviera Maya!

Photo A Day April

Q: What have you been up to the past month?

Q: How are you liking my cookbook recipes? What are your favorites so far?

See more bites of real life.

64 Responses to “Photo A Day, April.”

Joy @Baking-Joyposted May 5, 2014 at 3:25 am

I love having ‘Friends’ on in the background as well, it’s my comfort tv 🙂 fingers crossed for a film!

• Sallyreplied on May 5th, 2014 at 9:05 am

I’m not sure they will ever do a Friends movie but if they do – we will be the first ones in line I’m sure!

Natalie Munroeposted May 5, 2014 at 8:51 pm

My favorite Friends episodes are the one with Ross’ uber-white teeth (“Are those your…teeth?” “Who has a black light??”), the one where Ross yells “PIVOT!!!” like a crazy man in the stairwell whilst moving the couch, and–my very fave–the one where Ross has all those weird resolutions and wears the leather pants on the date and starts to sweat and calls Joey or Chandler and ends up with “paste pants.” Ah hahahaahahahaha. Those have me in tears-running-down-my-face-hysterics. Some channel airs a few episodes every night and I always read the descriptions hoping one of those will be on. (I was lucky enough to see the tooth one the other night. LOL.)

This weekend I hosted a sangria party for which I made 6 different kinds of sangria. One of them was your champagne one– I used a pink bubbly moscato champagne (that’s what it was called, anyway). It was tasty. Next time you make a red one, might I recommend Rosatello Sweet Wine as your wine base? The one I made with that was amazeballs. (Totes magotes. haha)

Also, am sitting here snacking on your fat-free strawberry banana muffins whilst browsing the internet. Last week I made the strawberry quick bread with vanilla glaze. Both tasty. I especially liked the quick bread because I enjoyed it warm from the oven as a dessert, but liked it even better the next day as breakfast. Mmm. Thanks for the great strawberry recipes. (I still have some left over so I’ll likely tackle the strawberry-chocolate chip loaf next…)

Welcome home from your trip!

• Sallyreplied on May 5th, 2014 at 9:23 pm

It sounds like you love Ross as much as I do. I love the PIVOT episode!! Yes, tears running down my face with the paste pants! I love how much you love Friends. Guess what? I even have Lisa Kudrow’s autograph! I wrote to her when I was 12 and she sent me her autograph. 🙂 A sangria party sounds right up my alley, by the way. Love those strawberry banana muffins!

• Natalie Munroereplied on May 12th, 2014 at 7:20 pm

(Just tried posting this a second ago and there was an issue so if it posts twice, my apologies!)

Anyway, saw this today and thought of you! Be sure to read the comments at the end, too, because people added some good ones there.

Enjoy– http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/the-33-best-chandler-bing-one-liners

• Sallyreplied on May 13th, 2014 at 8:29 am

Hahahahahahaha Natalie, I just laughed for about 10 minutes straight. “Well then EAT ME, I’m done.” hahaha you are amazing for showing me this!

Kaylaposted May 14, 2014 at 9:23 pm

I love that you put bunny ears on your dog too!
    I have a lab at home and I dress him up in santa hats and scarves all the time 😛
    P.S. What do you think is better, Friends, or How I Met Your Mother? I loved friends but I’m suffering through HIMYM on netflix haha.

• Sallyreplied on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41 am

FRIENDS, definitely! Best show of all time in my eyes.

LizWposted June 15, 2014 at 9:58 pm

JUST got your cookbook for my birthday and can’t wait to dig in and start baking!! Everything looks so amazing. Everything I’ve made off your blog has been awesome!

🙂

• Sallyreplied on June 16th, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Liz! Let me know any recipes you try first. Enjoy!