Saturday Seven, 2.

7 Must Make Recipes including salted caramel cupcakes, oreo truffles, and cookie dough pie!

Welcome back to my Saturday Seven series. A little weekend tribute to a few (7!) favorite seasonal recipes. My mind explodes with things I want you to make every week and I need somewhere to spurt it all out.

And even if you don’t make any of these, you can still look at the pictures. Pics are calorie free, just like all of the indulgent desserts below. Just kidding. #dreamworld

Also, you should probably get this spatula.

Life is Short Eat Dessert First Spatula

Here are 7 recipes you must try this summer…

Cupcake Puppy Chow – so many sprinkles, so hard to resist.

Addicting snack mix that tastes like cupcake batter! Made without cake mix.

Blueberries ‘n Cream Cupcakes – your 4th of July dessert.

Blueberries 'n Cream Cupcakes by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Strawberry Swirl Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – your other 4th of July dessert.

Strawberry Swirl Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars - recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Pepperoni Pizza Rolls – made with the best ever homemade pizza dough. I served these at a Super Bowl party and they were gone before anyone could grab a drink.

Pepperoni Pizza Rolls

Cookie Dough Lovers’ Ice Cream Pie – it ain’t summer without a slice.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie

Oreo Truffles! I’m a little crazed over these no-bake drops of heaven.

Golden Oreo Truffles @sallybakeblog-3

Salted Triple Caramel Cupcakes – oh heck yeah.

Salted Caramel Cupcakes

And one more for good luck. I made this Fluffernutter Cake last year around this time… and I strongly encourage you to do the same. Peanut butter + marshmallow + Reese’s.

Fluffernutter Cake - peanut butter, marshmallow, and Reese's Cups! Recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: Have you tried any of these recipes? Thoughts?

Q: Any fun plans this weekend?

45 Responses to “Saturday Seven, 2.”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted June 28, 2014 at 7:15 am

Oh my goodness. I need to stop coming to visit you on my way out to the gym. Because, that cake batter puppy chow and cookie dough lovers pie?! Those are my 2 favorite treat flavours and I am thinking eating those is a better idea than working out ;) Fun series! pinning!

Librarian Lavenderposted June 28, 2014 at 7:53 am

Great recipes, they look so delicious! Especially the cupcakes. I can’t wait to try some of them!

Bri | Bites of Briposted June 28, 2014 at 9:12 am

I love this series Sally. Have a great weekend!

Caleyposted June 28, 2014 at 9:31 am

Have you seen the new lime golden Oreos? I bet they would make amazing, key-lime-pie truffles :D

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Oh mannnn I have not! I need to get my hands on them ASAP.

christi sposted June 28, 2014 at 9:46 am

I’ve made the strawberry swirl cheesecakes & the Oreo truffles sprinkles and all; both great recipes. Those pizza rolls look amazing think I need to put those on my to do list. Today I’m making the cookies you posted yesterday! Reader request? I’d love a malt powder cookie recipe……love your blog! Enjoy your shower!

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I love malt anything – great idea, Christi!

Lynnposted June 28, 2014 at 10:19 am

While I do love your sweet recipes, I am drooling over those pepperoni pizza rolls. My weakness is cheesy carbs, 110%. I also just got back from a really hard spin class, and that’s making this while situation even worse… #fitpeopleproblems

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

You sound a lot like Kevin. He loooove cheesy pizza anything, really. I need to find a good spin class up in Philly when we move! I haven’t gone to a class in awhile. Hope you had a great workout Lynn!

Hayleyposted June 28, 2014 at 11:28 am

Mmm I love the looks of all of these recipes! I made th fluffernutter cake before last summer and it’s one of my favourite cakes! No clue how many times I’ve made it since then. I really got my eye on that cookie dough cake and caramel cupcakes… Guess those will have to be next (no complaints) :D

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Yeah! Let me know if you try either of those recipes Hayley.

Melposted June 28, 2014 at 11:30 am

Those triple caramel cupcakes look like a cheeky treat… but oh so yummy!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 28, 2014 at 11:48 am

I have so many weekend plans OTHER than working – yay! :) but need to get my post up first. I hope you’re having an awesome weekend so far too Sally and all these must-makes remind me I need to make a few of them!

• Sallyreplied on June 28th, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Have a great weekend Averie!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted June 28, 2014 at 11:53 am

love the spatula! and a bunch of these recipes are def on my MUSTMAKE list!

Emmaposted June 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Such a cute spatula! Some of these recipes will definitely be a part of summer celebration! Everyone will love them!

Janie Lynnposted June 28, 2014 at 1:26 pm

My obsession with cookie dough grows stronger everyday. With these recipe ideas, I’m going love my cookie dough once again today!

From your whole food-y!
    Janie Lynn

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchenposted June 28, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I made the golden Oreo truffles for a new years party and they were the hit of the party that year! And that ice cream cake is calling my name right now!

Jasmine @ A cupcake for my thoughtsposted June 28, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I’m obsessed with cookie dough, so I definitely have to try that Cookie Dough Lovers Ice Cream Pie, it looks amazing!

Medha @ Whisk & Shoutposted June 28, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Omg that cookie dough pie looks sinful and amazing! I also love that spatula- I’m a sucker for cute baking tools. Once I’m in a Williams Sonoma you have to drag me out :)

Wendyposted June 28, 2014 at 5:08 pm

love all of the dessert recipes. They are a blast.

Danaposted June 28, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I get chills thinking about how good the cupcake puppy chow was- I can’t wait to try more of these recipes this summer.

kellyposted June 28, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Whoa, cookie dough pie,cake batter puppy chow, blue berries n cream cupcakes, fluffer nutter cake, pepperoni pizza rolls and oreo truffles!! To many goodies to choose from! No idea what to try first, I guess the one i have all the ingredients for. ;) They all will be going on my “to bake list” Your AMAZing!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:38 am

Sounds like you should try them all Kelly. :) Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Mirposted June 28, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I made the fluffernutter cake a few months back and it was waaaaay too addictive! Had to freeze it to slow myself down!
    Want to do Oreo truffles soon, but using those limited edition Reese’s ones. Have you tried them? They’re off the hook amazing!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:37 am

YES! Reese’s Oreos are insanely good. Beyond good. Mind blowing good!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted June 29, 2014 at 5:51 am

I would be pretty happy with some pizza rolls and a caramel cupcake. Yum, yum!!

Heatherposted June 29, 2014 at 7:33 am

I haven’t made these recipes yet, but I have made the cake batter chocolate chip cookies from your book about 3 times now. The most recent being for 4th of July – I added red, white & blue sprinkles to them. Yum!!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:35 am

Great recipe for the 4th Heather! Love those cookies.

Joannaposted June 29, 2014 at 8:51 am

It’s so clear why baking can be addictive! Just take a look at your pictures…I know you cannot eat them…but they just make you go in the kitchen and yup, bake! I’ve found myself baking a lot recently…even though summer is here and you know that beach body and other nonsense! So, let’s bake!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 8:52 am

Hi Joanna! Thanks so much and I hope you get to try some of my recipes – I definitely treat myself to the goodies I bake, but I mostly love to share them with others. Have a great weekend!

Laurposted June 29, 2014 at 10:07 am

The cupcake puppy chow is so addicting. i.want.it.all! lol

I really want to make the fluffernutter cake considering it was my favorite sandwich as a kid! It keeps coming up as a suggestion almost every time I come to your site. I think the universe is trying to tell me something ;o)

mjposted June 29, 2014 at 12:49 pm

These all look so good! I plan on trying those pepperoni pizza rolls VERY SOON!
    How did your brides made party go?

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:53 pm

It was a lot of fun, MJ – thank you so much for asking!

Eleanna @foodaki.grposted June 29, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Oh, I’m in serious trouble! I can’t seem to able to choose what to make! Probably either Cookie Dough Lovers Ice Cream Pie or Fluffernutter Cake. Although they all look equally delicious ;) Thanks for sharing!

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Thanks Eleanna! Let me know if you try any!

Joanna @ the knit lit twitposted June 29, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I’m assuming that the recipe for cookie dough pie accounts for several of those balls to be eaten by the roller? Because I know I would be rolling them and popping a few in my mouth. Cookie dough cannot be resisted!

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Hahahaha I definitely sneak a few of the cookie dough balls as I go. And there is more than enough to “test” :)

Jacquiposted June 29, 2014 at 7:31 pm

This is such a great list!! It all sounds so wonderful especially the cupcake puppy chow.

DessertForTwoposted June 29, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I mean, YEAH, I want them all. But that cookie dough lovers pie with CHUNK O’ DOUGH??! You’re killin’ me, smallz! :)

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted June 29, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I have to make those salted triple caramel cupcakes for my Mum she will go wild for them! I used your raspberry chocolate chip cake last week to make a cake for a client and they loved it!
    I hope you had a great bridal shower! Let the festivities begin :)

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:35 pm

mmm that raspberry chocolate chip cake is amazing, Amy! Happy it was a hit. The bridal shower was amazing, thank you :)

Nylaposted June 29, 2014 at 11:33 pm

That spatula is AMAZING. Inspired me to go buy it and another one “Your opinion is NOT in the recipe!” which is so totally me :) I found your blog through tumblr last year, the cake batter chocolate chip cookies, of course! Now that I’m not 50 pounds overweight anymore, I can bake more of your amazing treats without feeling (as) guilty! Also I didn’t realize how young you were I thought you were married already until now. Best of luck to you Sally and thanks again for all the amazing recipes!!

• Nylareplied on June 29th, 2014 at 11:38 pm

OH. ALSO how could I forget the most important reason why I came to comment? I just read your bio and I LOVE LOVE LOVE ketchup too. so much that I have a shirt that says “I put ketchup on my ketchup”

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Thanks Nyla! Congrats on the weight loss – that’s incredible! Now you can treat yourself to the things you bake in moderation. Those cake batter chocolate chip cookies are amazing. One of my favorites!