Photo A Day, June.

PhotoADayJune6

Welcome back to my Photo A Day posts. WHAT a month June was!

Let me sum it up…

• Ran/power walked 102 miles
  • Had my bridal shower
  • Had 2 book signings and met some amazing readers
  • Am going crazy with wedding planning
  • We found a home in Philly!!
  • And we are in the middle of packing up our apartment

It doesn’t look like much in a little list, but everything all at once is quite a lot! I just gotta remember to breathe. Breathe breathe breathe. And wine wine wine.

Moving day is July 8th! I’m really going to miss Baltimore, where I went to college and my home for 9 years. We’re moving to Philly because Kevin got a new job up there, and it’s where I’m from. We’ll live right outside the city down the street from a few friends.

By the way… and this is the coolest thing ever… I will have two ovens in our new giant kitchen. Did you read that? TWO ovens. (I’m a dork.)

June 1. FairPlay, Colorado. Our last day of vacation there.

June photo a day-33

June 2. Vacation detox.

June photo a day-20

June 3. My bridal shower invite. My sis created it on weddingpaperdivas.com

Bridal Shower Invite

June 4. A daily reminder to not let others’ opinions bring you down.

June photo a day-40

June 5.

June photo a day-26

June 6. Hike with the boys.

June photo a day-23

June 7. Kevin… always excited about selfies.

June photo a day-5

June 8. Making a few new photo boards using Lindsay’s tutorial. You can see the finished green one in the first photo here.

June photo a day-25

June 9.

June photo a day-30

June 10. Makin’ some sweet glorious pie.

June photo a day-22

June 11. Yes, these exist. Yes, they’re amazing.

June photo a day-39

June 12. House hunting in Philly. Do you have Wawa near you?? Obsessed.

June photo a day-24

June 13.

June photo a day-27

June 14.

June photo a day-28

June 15. Happy Father’s Day!

June photo a day-18

June 16. Erin’s golden doodle puppy, Chips. He looks like a stuffed animal in real life, too.

June photo a day-21

June 17. Jude’s pool.

June photo a day-19

June 18. Mixing up my famous cookies for the book signing.

June photo a day-17

June 19. My first official book signing in Baltimore. Thank you to all of my friends and readers who came to see me!

PhotoADayJune2

June 20. If there’s a cheese plate on the menu, I’m ordering it.

June photo a day-29

June 21. Barcocina in Baltimore (Fells Point) – go there.

June photo a day-12

June 22. I had a goal to run/power walk 100 miles in June and I reached it! Plus 2 extra miles. I plan to have the same goals for July and August. So, 300 miles before the wedding. I know, I’m insane. But hard work pays off!

Anyone want to join me in this July 100 mile challenge?

June photo a day-31

June 23. My 2nd batch of healthy popsicles in 3 days.

June photo a day-13

June 24. My 2nd book signing in Frederick, MD. Thank you to the many, many readers who came to see me! Some came all the way from Virginia. You are truly amazing.

June photo a day-10

June 25.

June photo a day-9

June 26. Whoops!

June 27.

June photo a day-7

June 28. Got this tank from etsy.

June photo a day-8

June 29. The BEST day of the month! My bridal shower. I have plenty of more professional pictures from my friend, and I plan to write a post about the whole day soon.

But here are a few. :)

June photo a day-35

PhotoADayJune

Kevin came to pick me up from the shower, and we snapped a quick picture with Lily – my best friend’s daughter and our flower girl. Lily caught my hair at the right moment…

June photo a day-38

June 30. This is crab bruschetta flatbread – leftovers from dinner out. Oh my gosh, I have to recreate this at home!!

June photo a day-3

Q: What have you been up to the past month?

Q: Any fun 4th of July plans?

See more bites of real life.

87 Responses to “Photo A Day, June.”

Jasmineposted July 2, 2014 at 3:29 am

amaaazing pictures! and wow! 2 ovens :) Also, is your book available here in the Philippines? I’m reaaaally hoping to purchase 1! i admire you soooo much :”)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 7:40 am

I believe you can order it somewhere offline. Let me double check with my publishing company about that!

• Jasminereplied on July 4th, 2014 at 11:03 am

Thank you so much! :)

Hayleyposted July 2, 2014 at 3:38 am

Beautiful pictures! The dogs look absolutely adorable! Wish this place allowed dogs :( I’m definitely getting one when I move. And congrats again on the book!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted July 2, 2014 at 5:52 am

I LOVE lindsays tutorial for boards! I used it to make a few!
    Looks like you’re having so much fun…and congrats on the home! Moving day is so soon, so I can imagine you’re busy…but excited!
    So happy for you Sally! :)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 7:40 am

Yes, her tutorial is fantastic! I have about 5 boards all different colors. Couldn’t have done it without her help!

Caleyposted July 2, 2014 at 6:04 am

I love that dress for your book signing! So pretty. I love the picture of peonies (my favorite flower, if I HAD to choose just one ;) ), and the Colorado photograph is great too (though I’m potentially biased). Thanks for sharing!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 7:39 am

My favorite flower too Caley! And I wish I could go back to CO :) You are so lucky to live there!

Tom @ Raise Your Gardenposted July 2, 2014 at 7:14 am

Congrats on finding the new house in Philly. I know that can cause a lot of stress, trying to find the “right” one. Nice pics and enjoy your new place.

Mirposted July 2, 2014 at 7:17 am

Congrats on hitting your distance goal!
    And getting a house!
    And your upcoming nuptials!
    But most of all, congrats on getting two ovens! I am wildly, insanely jealous. :)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 7:38 am

Haha because the two ovens are what is most important… right?!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapronposted July 2, 2014 at 7:55 am

I LOVE these posts Sally! What a great and busy month! And upcoming months :) I wish you the best of luck with everything! And YAY for two ovens!! :)

Bri | Bites of Briposted July 2, 2014 at 8:00 am

Sally, good luck moving and congrats on finding a house. Two ovens sounds like heaven, so you’re not the only dork! :)

Amy@ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted July 2, 2014 at 8:02 am

June certainly was a busy month! But you still managed to make time to create delicious recipes for all of us here :)
    Congratulations on hitting your miles goal Sally! I am in training for two 10ks (both in September, yup certifiably crazy) but I was inspired by your distance goal to set one of my own. I hit just under 120 miles for the month so I’m going for the same goal this month. I guess I’ll be running/power walking alongside you in spirit :)
    I can’t wait to see your new kitchen. I’m super jealous, but also super happy for you. It looks like your bridal shower was a wonderful day with friends too. What a great way to wrap up your last month in Baltimore :)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:51 pm

120 miles? You go girl! So happy for you – you are a machine. Good luck on the two 10Ks in September too. You are right on track! I’ll post pictures of the new kitchen once we are all moved in. The bridal shower sure was amazing. Thanks for the sweet comments, Amy!

Rachel Jposted July 2, 2014 at 8:16 am

So fun Sally! What a great month :). My hubby and I just moved from Baltimore to Atlanta and we’re in the midst of house hunting. Stressful! Hoping to find a double oven kitchen myself!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Very stressful, Rachel. Wishing you the best of luck on finding that perfect home.

Jessposted July 2, 2014 at 8:29 am

What an exciting month! I love the dress you wore to the shower!

Laura Dembowskiposted July 2, 2014 at 8:41 am

Looks like a great and busy month! I love having two ovens. I don’t think I could be without them now. I can’t tell you how often both of them are on. You’ll love having them too!

Linda @ Veganosityposted July 2, 2014 at 9:07 am

What a month! You go girl!!! Congratulations on finding a new home with TWO ovens!!! I understand your excitement. My dream is to have two dishwashers. ;)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:49 pm

HECK YES. Two dishwashers would be a dream.

Kathleen Taylorposted July 2, 2014 at 9:14 am

I didn’t know you were doing book signings in MD! Kind of bummed I missed it :( My Aunt got me to start following your blog about 9 months ago and I’ve been baking through your cookbook since Feb! Fav so far is the apple bread with the brown sugar glaze…yummmyyyy!

Will you be doing any other signings in the future?

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Hey Kathleen! I try to keep my blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook updated with my book signings. Here is a page with my updated signings. I don’t have too many on there right now because of the wedding and moving, but I am hoping to add more this fall. http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/upcoming-events/

Danielleposted July 2, 2014 at 9:17 am

Oooh, imagine all the cookies two ovens can bake ;) Sounds wonderful, Sally!

Aanalposted July 2, 2014 at 9:21 am

Lovely pictures! I love the idea of posting monthly photos. Good luck with the new ventures.

Brianneposted July 2, 2014 at 9:46 am

Beautiful photos Sally! I also started a 100 mile July challenge…got 5 done yesterday & about to go out for my run today! Thinking of making & eating all of your delicious recipes keep me motivated :)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:47 pm

SWEET! Good luck Brianne!

Amyposted July 2, 2014 at 9:52 am

I am from NJ and I used to LOVE WAWA! There are none where I live now……..:(

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I know the feeling!! There are 0 conveniently located by us in Baltimore at the moment. Maybe one day you will live near one again Amy ;)

Christineposted July 2, 2014 at 9:58 am

Hmmmm…is it fair that you are having this much fun? :-D

Congratulations on everything….it will all go by so fast and pretty soon you’ll be scheming of new things to busy-fy your life! :-)

I would love to join your distance goal for July but I just got back from vacation (Sedona and Santa Fe) and caught a stomach virus and am having a hard time shaking it. Went out for a run last night and I may as well have been running backwards…it felt SO hard! So…putting myself on the “bench” for a few more days so no way I could hit 100 this month. Maybe I can join next month.

Congrats again – and super jealous of two ovens….that is awesome!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Feel better, friend! I’m so sorry to hear you are ill. Hopefully you will feel better soon and can get back into the swing of things. Luckily you didn’t get sick ON vacation. Definitely join me next month!

Lynnposted July 2, 2014 at 10:28 am

Wahoo, you beat your goal! Congrats, Sally! I have a fitness goal set for the summer and it would be awesome if I could over-achieve it as well! As far as wedding planning goes, these last few months are going to be rough. Take deep breaths and remember that no matter what, you and Kevin will be married when it’s all over. And marriage is the greatest! Good luck with the packing and the move! Can’t wait to come to some events in Philly in the fall! :-)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for the advice Lynn, I really appreciate it! I do need to remember that the ONLY thing that matters is that we are getting married. And the other little details are just that… little details. I appreciate the advice and sweet comment! Good luck on your fitness goal.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted July 2, 2014 at 10:32 am

That is a BIG month!! I’m so excited for you guys and your move to Philly-that sounds amazing! And your bridal shower looks so perfect :)

sherryposted July 2, 2014 at 10:46 am

Congratulations to Kevin for his new job and I’m so happy for you that you found a new house. Our son LOVES the sandwiches and smoothies from WaWa. I live in NJ, and my first experience with a Wawa store was back in 1986, when I visited a friend in Yardley, PA. They did not have them in our area back then. Now there are three in our town, and they are building a fourth (Mercer County, NJ). I am sure you can’t wait to use that new kitchen with two ovens.

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:44 pm

In love with wawa! Their hoagies are the best. And their coffee too! Thanks for the congrats Sherry :)

Roseanneposted July 2, 2014 at 10:55 am

Sally, I think your June 4th entry should read “Don’t let anyone dull your sprinkles” instead of sparkle. :) Exciting times for you – {{hugs}} a bunch for you.

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:44 pm

HAHA you aren’t the first person who has said that Roseanne! I should just cross it out and change it to sprinkles lol.

Annetteposted July 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

Sally,

Congratulations on your new home, cookbook and all the other wonderful things going on in your life. I’ve had a double oven in my kitchen for the past 15 years and it is still my favorite feature of our house. I was so happy I got to meet you at the Frederick book signing. I just made (assembled?) your chocolate dipped pretzels last night and plan to make your Peanut Butter Nutella Swirled Banana Bread tonight. Your recipes are the best!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Hi Annette! Thank you so much for saying hi. And I can’t thank you enough for coming to my book signing and saying hi, especially since you already had my autographed book plate! It made my night. Love those chocolate pretzels and the PB Nutella Bread – hopefully your coworkers are enjoying them all! And maybe you snuck a few tastes as well.

Janie Lynnposted July 2, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Good luck with your move! We just recently moved as well and I know the hastle. Fortunately, the move to a hobby farm is amazing!

Love that you run/walk! I often bike and walk and love it. Keep up the good work!

From your whole food-y!
    Janie Lynn

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thanks Janie Lynn! Hope your move went smoothly. They are always a nightmare!

Beth @ bethcakesposted July 2, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Well it looked like your June was pretty great! Love the double oven! I would make so much food all the time. haha. Good luck with moving and wedding planning! :)

Faith@The Stirring Placeposted July 2, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Kevin’s face…hahahhaha. cracked me up.
    double ovens are dreamy. I’ve thought about tossing our microwave (currently right above our oven) in favor of another one. hubby says no.
    men.

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:40 pm

He hates selfies and loves showing it in them lol.

Royce Robertsonposted July 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Congratulations on your up and coming wedding, moving and all that implies.
    Personally I hate moving, but at least you are going home, so that’s awesome.
    Very impressed with your book signing. Sigh, you are so talented. Thanks for the photos, pictures are always great to see. Very jealous over your two ovens. I use to have two myself but once I moved in with my daughter and her family, (I’m a elderly grandmother), we only have one. They are WONDERFUL and you will love it and will never want to go back to a single oven ever again.
    Best of everything to you and Kevin. Thanks for sharing your journey.

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Thanks Royce, I appreciate all the kind words! I am very excited about having two ovens. Moving is not fun at all! Luckily, we hired help because we just have so much stuff. Way too much kitchen stuff. I often wonder how it even fit into our tiny apartment.

Mariaposted July 2, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Congrats on all your have accomplished and good luck with your move. I totally get your oven comment. When we downsized our housing everyone was surprised and asked me what I missed from our larger house – my double oven was and is always my answer! Recently bought popsicle molds to make your recipe for the 4th! Just churning some chocolate ice cream and I’m adding those peanut butter oreos to it!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I have to make homemade ice cream this summer. And your chocolate PB Oreo concoction sounds heavenly Maria! I’ve had a small (closet sized) kitchen for the past 5 years. And I am so excited to expand!

Nicolaposted July 2, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Another busy month. Love the hiking picture, those woods look so pretty. I expect you’ll miss those when you make your big new exciting move!

I actually have tan lines – in England – in June – this is almost unheard of. We’ve had some good weather too!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I will definitely miss hikes in Patapsco state park in Maryland! Kevin’s entire family still lives in Maryland, so we will be back to visit and hike often! So glad you’ve been having some great weather over there Nicola!

Kerrieposted July 2, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Sally, Cheers to all of the excitement in June. What a fun chapter of your book of life. I wish you nothing but the best!

Any update on the Barnes and Noble appearance? I was really, really hoping to see you before you left Baltimore but had classes on your first two signings. I will see you at King of Prussia in October if you won’t make the last Baltimore date!

Again, wishing you nothing but my best!

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Thank you Kerrie! I don’t have any solid Baltimore dates at the moment right now, to be honest. I’m working on it – but it doesn’t look like any more coming up this summer. I need to update my events page! But the King of Prussia William’s Sonoma book signing is confirmed for Oct 25th!

Amanda - A Cookie Named Desireposted July 2, 2014 at 4:12 pm

What an exciting month for you!!! By the way, I live outside of Philly (in NJ) I think you are going to love it there :)

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Thanks Amanda :)

Christineposted July 2, 2014 at 4:13 pm

You will LOVE the 2 ovens! We have a double oven and I really think it’s the best thing since sliced bread. :)

Enjoy and congrats!!

Laurposted July 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Cheese plates are glorious especially ones which come with blue cheese. Give me the stinky cheese! I hope I get to make it to one of your signings in the Philly area just to say a quick hello!

Wawa > Every other gas station. People can argue with me for hours and there’s no way they can validate it. LOL

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Blue cheese + crackers + grapes is my heaven :) And I 100000% agree with your wawa statement.

Brynposted July 2, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Oh the wawa! When we first moved the I couldn’t bring myself to call it that so it became “the w”. :). The coffee bar is definitely worth feeling like a tool saying “wawa” though….

Karen @ The Food Charlatanposted July 3, 2014 at 12:35 am

TWO OVENS!!! *faints*

Kristinposted July 3, 2014 at 7:14 am

I read that you’re coming to NYC for a book signing. I hope you come near me, I can’t wait to see you and thank you for the inspiration you’ve given me to start baking again!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Thanks Kristin! I will keep my events page updated with the NYC locations and dates, for sure. I appreciate you supporting me!

Jodiposted July 3, 2014 at 8:29 am

2 ovens?! You will be in heaven!!

Iramposted July 3, 2014 at 8:51 am

You are the internet sweetheart. :)

I saw the pic of your double ovens on twitter. I know you’re gonna be baking even more. lol I love the fact that your cupboards have those stylish handles.

One of these days you have to come to SoCal. Would love to meet you.

Super excited for your success, move to Philly and of course the best part would be tying the knot!

Have a great day :)

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Thanks so much Iram, you’ve always been so sweet. I would love to visit SoCal one day! And yes, I’m very excited about our new kitchen!

Melanie @ Bon Appét'Eatposted July 3, 2014 at 9:06 am

I am thinking of doing the challenge with you!! So I converted in km and it is 160… Wow!! You are such a brave and sportive gal!! I don’t know if I will make it even close!! I don’t run, can it be walking?
    Ahah! this is crazy!

Busy month of June for you!! Bunch of good events! Congrats!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Hey Melanie! Last month I ran 75 miles and power walked 27. So, you can do it however you’d like! Just get in those 100 miles. You can do it!

• Melanie @ Bon Appét'Eatreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Thanks Sally! I have not done much so far but next time I see your update on Instagram, I will give you mine too :)

Sarah R.posted July 3, 2014 at 10:09 am

I love these posts! I enjoyed reading it while eating my last blueberry streusel muffin & tea. Congrats on all the exciting milestones. You’re absolutely right about those peanut butter cup Oreos. Normally, I’m not a fan of store-bought cookies, but those were gone in record time!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I love those blueberry muffins Sarah. And we normally don’t purchase cookies from the store either (homemade always wins!) but I couldn’t contain myself. Those Oreos are amazing!

Anna S.posted July 3, 2014 at 10:26 am

You are so stinkin’ cute!

I’m trying to cook healthier so I have unsubscribed to all of my blogs except the “healthy” ones – but I will never give up Sallysbakingaddiction.com (and it doesn’t hurt that you post good-for-you recipes, too). On weekends I have cheat treats and that means one SBA recipe. My last one was your pumpkin coffee cake, and my next one will be your Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake (I cannot wait). My family and friends are always happy to hear that I am making a recipe from “that Sally blog.”

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

Anna

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 12:27 pm

You are absolutely the sweetest reader in the world. Thank you Anna! For continuing to follow my blog, even though 75% of my recipes don’t fall into your diet plan. But it’s ok to treat yourself and you are picking some GREAT recipes to bake for the weekends. Haha “that sally blog” – too funny! Let me know any more recipes you try.

Emily @ Life on Foodposted July 3, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I love these posts. Each item on that list is pretty big!!

Jen and Emily @ Layers of Happinessposted July 3, 2014 at 3:33 pm

On June 10, did you make that board too? If so, how did you get that dark brown color?

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Yes – I stained the board per Lindsay’s tutorial then painted it brown and used a sanding block on it.

Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foodsposted July 3, 2014 at 11:38 pm

I love the picture a day. My friend is doing a second video a day. Wonderful way to reflect :D

• Sallyreplied on July 4th, 2014 at 10:34 am

I love that idea!

Aaliyahposted July 4, 2014 at 1:29 pm

It was my Birthday on the 12th! Had some friends over, watched the Call and ate chocolate!

Jade @ Bits & Bobsposted July 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Really?! That little list sounded pretty hectic to me! You’ve been busy, but it sounds like all good fun!

Good luck with moving – I hope July treats you as well as June appears to have.
    :-)

renukaposted July 5, 2014 at 10:56 am

you are so busy! congrats!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted July 5, 2014 at 5:18 pm

SO excited for your move — and even more excited for your double oven!! Your kitchen looks so spacious, and I’m sure you’re going to create even more mouthwatering treats there. I really hope the move goes smoothly, and I’ll be thinking about you guys on Tuesday!

P.S. I love how you had ice cream (or frozen yogurt?) with all those peanut buttery Reese’s pieces on my birthday! :)

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Soft-serve! Chocolate and vanilla swirl. :) And happy belated Amy! Pretty perfect I enjoyed that on your birthday.

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingreplied on July 5th, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Thank you Sally! And that’s too perfect… You know how much I love all of those flavors!! ;)

Leonie Buchananposted July 9, 2014 at 8:00 am

Dear Sally, you are such a talented girl, have just discovered your blog and love it. All the best for you in your new home may it be filled with love &happiness. I am a grandma who is freezing cold in Australia! I do enjoy reading blogs, it is like the penfriends I had as a child. Think this Grandma has a severe addiction to Cooking Blogs!

Shannonposted July 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm

If I run/walk 100 miles a month, can I have all the desserts I want? :) Of course!

Congrats on the move. I love your blog, and my family loves that I love it!

• Sallyreplied on July 16th, 2014 at 3:41 pm

You are obviously entailed to all the desserts you want after 100 miles each month!! That’s my mindset anyway.

Aislinn @ Cakes 'n Chaosposted July 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I’m new to this blog, but I love the idea of photo a day! Nice pictures, too.