Saturday Seven, 3.

7 Must Try Recipes including Milky Way Cookies, Easy Peanut Butter Fudge, and Raspberry Sweet Rolls!

Hi! Welcome back to my Saturday Seven series. A little sweet-tooth weekend tribute to a few favorite recipes.

I’ve made so many goodies this week in the new kitchen! I wanted to end that sentence with at least 7 exclamation points because I’m so excited about actually having counter space to put all the goodies. My old kitchen was smaller than a closet.

The first recipe to break in my new oven were these raspberry lemon cupcakes. Like a cool, sweet raspberry lemonade in a cupcake wrapper. The thought of baking cookies in a new oven freaks me out because cookies are so damn temperamental, but these white chocolate chewy macadamia nut oatmeal cookies (say that 3 times fast) baked up beautifully. I made them for a family reunion we’re going to today.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Oatmeal Cookies - buttery, soft-baked, chewy, and loaded with chunks of white chocolate and macadamia nuts

Speaking of my new kitchen, I have this poster framed in it. I bought the peachy/orange color. Instead of a cupcake, you can get a cute little picture of a pie. Definitely a must for your baking addiction!

Keep Calm and Bake On Poster Print

Alright, here are 7 oldie but goodie recipes you’ve gotta try soon:

Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies – Kevin requests these on a weekly basis. The man seems to love peanut butter and chocolate more than beer and pizza.

Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Brown Butter Milky Way Oatmeal Cookies – hands down, one of the best cookies I’ve ever made. A smorgasbord of melty Milky Way bars. (!!!)

Brown Butter Milky Way Oatmeal Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes – you’ll get lost in all this cookie dough!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls – hands down, one of my all time favorite recipes.

Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge – the easiest recipe on the planet. Tastes like you slaved all day making it! No candy thermometer, no stove, 1 bowl.

The BEST Peanut Butter Fudge - only 4 ingredients needed!

Crispy Baked Onion Rings – these will test your self control. Baked onion rings that aren’t soggy and that actually taste good.

How to Make Crispy Baked Onion Rings

Key Lime Pie Squares – anytime is a good time for key lime pie! These are so much easier than making an actual pie though. Have a key lime pie milkshake on the side.

Incredibly easy and amazing Key Lime Pie Bars. These zesty bars will disappear. I recommend doubling the recipe!

Q: Have you tried any of these recipes? Thoughts?

Q: Any fun plans this weekend?

45 Responses to “Saturday Seven, 3.”

Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolateposted July 19, 2014 at 6:25 am

I am digging your poster, Sally! Not to mention all of the sweets that you’re cranking out of your kitchen!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted July 19, 2014 at 6:43 am

So glad you’re settling in and have a bigger kitchen. I was just looking at mine tonight thinking, wow, it’s amazing all the stuff I’ve managed to hide in these cupboards b/c mine is pretty darn small.

Seeing the older posts/pics, wow, trip down memory lane. Your Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls, I was sitting at my desk in Aruba, it was our Xmas trip from 2 years ago, and I remember seeing those things pop into my feed and I knew from one look those things were gold. That was also the December that you were just on fire like crazy…I remember it so well but it feels like a lifetime ago :) Have a great weekend, Sally!

• Clarareplied on July 19th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I agree. My kitchen is teeny tiny, and you should see how much we fit in it. The fridge is so small! With a family of 7, It’s astonishing how we do that.

Tom @ Raise Your Gardenposted July 19, 2014 at 6:50 am

Those are some must makes. Thanks for putting all your fav’s in one spot for us. I’m just disappointed that I’m not part of those family reunion parties where I can taste your baking delights first hand! You got a lucky family. The first thing I want to make is that peanut butter fudge.

Christina @ Bake with Christinaposted July 19, 2014 at 7:46 am

That poster is seriously the cutest thing ever! I’ll definitely need that somewhere in my kitchen ASAP! :P And I need to make those Key Lime Pie Bars!

Liz S.posted July 19, 2014 at 8:01 am

Love this tribute! Excellent recipe choices.

Plans this weekend = baking a batch of your Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies :)

Meredithposted July 19, 2014 at 9:54 am

I love this Saturday 7 series. I’ve forgotten about those chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Definitely going to try them this weekend! Glad you’re enjoying your new kitchen. Only 2 months till the big day!

Medha @ Whisk & Shoutposted July 19, 2014 at 10:06 am

Does making these kinds of posts make you super hungry? Cause that’s what it’s doing to me! I would totally request those brownies all the time too, and I’m definitely going to make some of that peanut butter fudge soon. I love recipe compilations like this :)

• Medha @ Whisk & Shoutreplied on July 19th, 2014 at 10:07 am

Also I’m not sure if it’s just my computer, but the click-through link to the fudge (I was 100% serious about making it right now) doesn’t work. Found it with a quick search though, just thought I’d let you know! :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted July 19, 2014 at 10:09 am

I’m obsessed with your onion ringssss

and I’m so happy you love your new kitchen!! That print is lovely!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spiceposted July 19, 2014 at 10:10 am

Hopefully you are settled into your new place, Sally! I’m sure it’s so nice to have a bigger kitchen. And what a great collection of sweet treats! I’m loving every single one! Have a great Saturday!

Renuka @ Bakers' Centralposted July 19, 2014 at 10:17 am

I totally heart the poster, and EVERYTHING looks SOOOO DELICIOUS!!

Ashtonposted July 19, 2014 at 10:51 am

YAY for counter space!! You totally need it!! One day, I aspire to have counter space too…. sigh. ;)

Michelle { A Latte Food }posted July 19, 2014 at 10:59 am

Aren’t new ovens the worst? Well, that is until you test them out with fingers crossed hoping they’re actually good–and it looks like your new ones are great with those amazing looking Raspberry Lemonade cupcakes and white chocolate chip cookies coming out of there! Have a blast at your family reunion!

Stephposted July 19, 2014 at 11:04 am

Wow! Thank you Sally… Which of these recipes is your favourite?

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Hmm… that’s a tough one! Either the raspberry rolls or key lime bars :)

Laurposted July 19, 2014 at 11:19 am

Sally!!! I cannot imagine how exciting it is for you to have a brand new kitchen. My aunt and uncle just put an addition onto their house with a “dream” kitchen my aunt designed for herself. Double oven, farm kitchen sink, the WORKS… It’s beautiful and I am so, so jealous of it! I am so glad to hear you’re enjoying it, though!!!

Shannynposted July 19, 2014 at 11:30 am

Enjoy your new kitchen! THAT is super exciting.

Claraposted July 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I got back from a family reunion like 1,000 miles away from where I live in North Dakota at 12:30 AM last night. We drove it in one day, and I want to make those rasberry-lemonade-in-a-cupcake-wrapper cupcakes. Nom.

Lisaposted July 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm

The peanut butter fudge link doesn’t work. Takes you to an error page.

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Hey Lisa! I fixed it. Thanks!

Amyposted July 19, 2014 at 1:33 pm

The link for the poster leads me to the lemon raspberry cupcakes… was that supposed to be intentional? I’m in love with that poster!!

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Whoops! Just fixed it. Thanks Amy.

Kerry @ Kerry Cooksposted July 19, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Glad you’re loving the new house!

Jasmine @ A cupcake for my thoughtsposted July 19, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Oh gosh, all these recipes look amazing!! Love the poster, I have one just like it :) I wish I had a big kitchen, love having loads of space to bake! Have fun at your family reunion!

Hayleyposted July 19, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I haven’t made any of the recipes on this list yet, but I am so so SO looking forward to the raspberry sweet rolls! I have all the ingredients for them so I’m making them next week when I’m off! The cinnamon rolls were perfect and these have raspberries (!!!) which are my favourite fruit :)

Emily Jposted July 19, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I whipped up a batch of the peanut butter stuffed brownies for the 4th of July and they were to die for! Making a second batch to bring to a church pot luck today. Thank you for the amazing recipes! Love them!!

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

They always disappear when I make them!

Kate @ Diethoodposted July 19, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Lawd, my mouth watered up! I WISH you were my neighbor!! Better yet, adopt me! I am really good at eating sweets as awesome as yours! ;-)))

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted July 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Have fun at your family reunion Sally!! I bet your cookies disappear first out of all of the food. :) We normally hold our family reunions in Colorado since that’s where a good percentage of our extended family lives; maybe I should “invite” you and Kevin to one so you can have an excuse to go back to the Rocky Mountains!

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Please…. invite!! :)

Diman Dilirposted July 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm

looks yum!

Karen | 2teaspoons.composted July 19, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Hurray for counter space! I definitely know what you mean about baking in a new oven. We’ve moved so many times over the past few years I bought a little portable oven thermometer. I just place it in the new oven and figure out what oven setting actually makes the inside of the oven 350 degrees. Voila! Cookies saved! :-)

Joanneposted July 19, 2014 at 6:28 pm

All of these look so delicious! I am a newer subscriber to your posts, and recently bought your first cookbook. I love it! :)

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Thanks for buying my cookbook and following my blog, Joanne!

Mirposted July 19, 2014 at 9:51 pm

You know, I made the peanut butter stuffed brownies (I added PB M & Ms because I’m nutty like that) back in the fall, and they were crazy good! I had to not make them again because if I did then I would just spend every night cuddled up with the pan instead of with my husband.
    So glad your cookies turned out well! Sometimes cookies can be a real you-know-what. But not these, clearly!

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Love that you added PB M&Ms Mir! I have to try it.

Layla @ Brunch Time Bakerposted July 20, 2014 at 10:41 am

YUM! All these recipes look so good! I hope you are loving your new home! :)

Martaposted July 20, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Hi Sally! First of all I have to say I love ALL your recipes.
    Second, I have a question. When I make cookies, the dough is way too liquid and can’t make balls. Also the cookies spread out a lot in the oven. Yours looks thick and all nice. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot from Spain!!!

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

It seems as though it may be a measuring error. And I always suggest chilling the cookie dough to make it easier to work with. Also, cold dough = less spread.

PassTheKnifeposted July 20, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Those key lime squares are calling my name, would love to try all of these!

Christineposted July 21, 2014 at 8:19 am

{SCRITCH} Wait! The Milky Way Oatmeal Cookies are better than Thick Chocolate Chip cookies? Because you know I’m addicted to the Thick Choco Chip cookies…I make a batch nearly every other week! I might have to change my tune, eh?

I want the Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls right now! Holy YUMMINESS!!!

(actually, I want it ALL right now…sigh…) :-)

Austriaposted July 21, 2014 at 9:14 am

This is a great post. I have to try those key lime squares! And the peanut butter fudge!! Yum! Also, i need that poster in my life…….
    I made the peach streusel muffins on friday but subbed the peach for mango & they were fantastic!! And i didn’t even make the glaze. The streusel topping definitely puts them over the top! I think they beat out blueberry as a new favorite! Thanks so much!! I’m glad you survived the move and are enjoying your new home…..:)

• Sallyreplied on July 21st, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I’ve actually recently tried them with mango instead of peach. So, so good!

Robinposted July 25, 2014 at 7:20 am

Although I also have to make the cooking this is so beautiful and I’m sure it’s all super delicious! Looks so pretty, so good and sounds so awesome!