Photo A Day, July.

July Photo A Day

Welcome back to my Photo A Day posts. Wasn’t it just the 4th of July? How is today the first day of August? Oh, not that I’m complaining because umm…. now I can officially say “we’re getting married NEXT month!!” Pardon my excitement.

Let me sum up July for you. Forgive me if this list makes no sense because I don’t think I’ve slept since June 30th.

• Ran/power walked 98 miles. Ugh, so close to my 100. I’ll do at least 102 in August!
  • Moved to Philly
  • Roadtrip to Cleveland to see my best
  • Wedding invites mailed √
  • Hair & makeup trial √
  • Losing my mind √

My bachelorette party is tomorrow! 15 of us, taking over Philly. They’re all arriving today and tomorrow and I’m ready to parrrrrrrty.

July 1. Packing, packing, and more packing.

Photo A Day July-24

July 2. honey nut, always

Photo A Day July-21

July 3. Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies and Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Cookies for tomorrow’s festivities.

Photo A Day July

July 4. Festive fam/Jude’s smile

4th of July

July 5. Another batch of crunchy homemade spiced pita chips.

The BEST Homemade Pita Chips - crunchy, spiced, and easy

July 6. Peach Streusel Muffins (!!)

Peach Streusel Muffins

July 7. Whoopsies.

July 8. Moving day. Spared you a photo.

July 9. Of course, my kitchen was the first to be set up.

Photo A Day July-20

July 10.  My little weirdo.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 6.54.12 PM

July 11. Confession. This was taken on July 12th. July 11th was spent in a car on the road to Cleveland and eating pizza.

Photo A Day July-4

July 12. Day trip to the lake with the pups.

Photo A Day July-3

July 13th.

Photo A Day July-11

July 14. wedding flowers and things.

Photo A Day July-5

July 15. All of this on top of a salad with grilled chicken and balsamic dressing. So, so good.

veggies-2

July 16.

Photo A Day July-12

July 17. Neon makes you run faster.

Photo A Day July-22

July 18. Vase/bottles from Bloomingdales.

Photo A Day July-15

July 19. Kale, apple, ginger, lemon

Photo A Day July-9

July 20. 2 months to go! (frame from pier 1)

Photo A Day July-16

July 21.

Photo A Day July-18

July 22. Do you like rompers? I bought this from Target and haven’t had the chance to wear it yet. Will I look ridiculous?

Photo A Day July-13

July 23. Baking these famous beauties for tomorrow’s photo shoot.

Photo A Day July-2

July 24. I’m going to be featured in Where Women Cook magazine this fall! They came to our new home and interviewed me. Coolest experience.

Photo A Day July-6

July 25. My extremely simple photo set up, a sock monkey, and my new yellow chair.

Photo A Day July-8

July 26. Hair trial. There’s a ton of flyways; it was a quick trial.

Photo A Day July-25

July 27.

Photo A Day July-23

July 28. The caramel almond sea salt is out of this WORLD.

Photo A Day July-17

July 29. Just you wait. =)

photo a day july-26

July 30. Woman’s World Magazine featured 4 of my cookbook recipes: Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Pie, Funfetti Chex Mix, Marshmallow Swirl S’mores Fudge, & Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes. So cool! Have you tried any of them yet?

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 6.39.20 PM

July 31. Brainstorming rehearsal dinner invite designs with the talented Kathleen.

Photo A Day July-19

Q: What have you been up to the past month?!

Q: Any fun August vacations?

See more bites of real life. :)

69 Responses to “Photo A Day, July.”

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 1, 2014 at 5:32 am

Congrats on your 98, I know you wanted to hit 100 and you pretty much did!! You moved, that counts for at least 25 :) Come to San Diego, we’ll do a couple days of 20’s in a row and you’ll hit that 100 in week :)

That romper is awesome, your hair looks so pretty, those PB? cookies? wow, cannot wait, and your kitchen has so much light and wow, just wow. I want that :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 8:29 am

If I had a distance running buddy like you, this would not be hard to do!! Especially if we talk about blogging and cookies the whole time we run =)

Julie @ Tastes of Lizzy Tposted August 1, 2014 at 6:23 am

Love, Love, Love your wedding hair! :) Love all the behind-the-scenes peeks!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted August 1, 2014 at 6:25 am

So many awesome things here!
    1. Honey nut Cheerios are a big deal in our house…so good!
    2. I want those cookies SO BAD.
    3. Your hair? GORGEOUS! And so are those invites!
    Congrats lady!! :)

Tom @ Raise Your Gardenposted August 1, 2014 at 6:31 am

Last night I went Salmon fishing on Lake Ontario. I last about a fifteen pounder at the boat but we landed a nice Steelhead. Fish for dinner! My wife and I have our nine year anniversary August 12th. I’m still trying to figure out the plans. Congrats on the wedding. Enjoy every moment the day goes by in a flash.

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 8:28 am

Happy anniversary to you and your wife Tom!

Mirposted August 1, 2014 at 7:08 am

I love rompers, but my husband makes fun of me. He calls them my onesies and says I look like our daughters. Wear it with pride!
    July looks like a really good month. And give yourself more credit, because 98 miles is a ton!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 8:28 am

Hahahaha Mir, Kevin hasn’t seen it yet I don’t think and if he has, he probably doesn’t realize it’s a one piece lol

Sarah @ Sarah's Bake Studioposted August 1, 2014 at 7:31 am

Sally, I don’t know how you do this. I wanted to do something like this and started in January and halfway though the month I decided I just don’t have time for this this year. So I am hoping for next year.

It’s always fun to see your photos and see your adventures! Planning a wedding is fun. I adored planning mine. I wish I could find a romper I looked good in. Jude’s smile is adorable. Have fun at your bachelorette!

My July was a whirlwind and August looks like a tornado. It should be fun though. :) I look forward to seeing your August Photo A Day!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 8:27 am

I don’t know how I do it either. It’s just another excuse to take pictures of all the random (sometimes boring) things in my life. Good luck during your hectic August Sarah! I’m right there with ya.

Emily @ Life on Foodposted August 1, 2014 at 7:46 am

I love your hair. I think rompers are cute…just not on me. I always get jealous of others in them though.

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spiceposted August 1, 2014 at 7:54 am

What a fun post, Sally! Sounds like you had a very exciting July! And I’m sure August will bring so many more fun events. Enjoy this time before your weddings, it goes so fast! :)

Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolateposted August 1, 2014 at 7:54 am

Wow what an exciting month! That romper is super cute by the way. I’ve been trying to get up the nerve to buy myself one! Also, I looove your invites…. so cute!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 8:26 am

Thanks Danielle!

Stephposted August 1, 2014 at 8:23 am

Your wedding hair looks gorgeous! I’m sure you’ll look great on your wedding day!

Tonyaposted August 1, 2014 at 8:41 am

Wow, so many fantastic things happened for you this past month! Congratulations on your wedding! I absolutely love the photo of you and Kevin that you used from 2 months ago. That romper is absolutely adorable and you will totally be able to pull it off! How exciting to have your recipes published in the magazine! Those invites, absolutely adorable! Congratulations!

Caleyposted August 1, 2014 at 8:42 am

So close to hitting 100…I bet you did it :) Those pedometers and things have a little error in them, and they probably missed enough steps that you got those two extra miles! I hope you have a great time with all your pre-wedding celebrations! I’m not going on a vacation, but my first business trip. AUGH. I will be gone five days (I might not be able to check your blog :( ), and I have to give a presentation. I really don’t like public speaking, eek. I don’t know how you do it on TV! ;)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Good luck Caley! You’ll be just fine. Just breathe and talk slowly. That’s a must. When I’m nervous, I talk really really fast and mess up my words. So just take your time and make sure to breathe. (Very important!). You’ll be just fine.

Erinposted August 1, 2014 at 9:11 am

A) That 4th of July photo with Jude. I can’t even handle how funny it is! B) You are going to look so stinking cute in that romper. Own it! ;) C) Your wedding hair. Oh my goodness. So beautiful!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Thanks miss Erin! Hope you have a great weekend.

Anna @ happycookinghealthyliving.composted August 1, 2014 at 9:13 am

I bet you are so excited for your wedding! I feel like I know you so I share your excitement ;) wow I can’t belive the 98 miles! I barely ran/walked 15k in July and I’m still aching ahahahah. Looking forward to some wedding pics soon!

Kelly - LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLEposted August 1, 2014 at 9:19 am

So so exciting that your wedding is already next month! I would like to have a wedding (someday far from now) in September or October. It just sounds so much nicer than a cliche summer wedding to me. Plus I’m obsessed with fall colors…deep rich reds, oranges and yellows! I made those peach muffins this month that you posted. The crumbly topping was perfection :D your running path that you’re pictures with Jude looks lovely! Doesn’t make a world of difference to run with a beautiful scenery?! Awesome photos, love the idea of 1 photo everyday! Have a fabulous weekend Sally!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Hi Kelly! Running outdoors in beautiful scenery makes all the difference for sure. Much more enjoyable! Fall is my favorite time of year. I’m so excited!

Lynnposted August 1, 2014 at 9:19 am

Auntie Anne’s and KIND bars. I knew I liked you, Sally! Have a great time at your bach party!

Nikiposted August 1, 2014 at 9:43 am

Have fun with your girls this weekend!!

Your wedding hair looks amazing!!

Christineposted August 1, 2014 at 10:36 am

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!
    PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!
    PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!
    NOW NOW NOW!

ha ha ha!!!!! Looks like a fun month – and August will be even better!! Have fun this weekend…and post those pb cookies! Dying over here! :-)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Posting them soon Christine! Love your excitement. They’re definitely worth the buzz!

Laurposted August 1, 2014 at 10:58 am

Your hair tutorial looks BEAUTIFUL. Is that baby’s breathe? So cute. I love how delicate it looks! And I am a firm believer neon makes you run faster… As well as a new running outfit whether it’s neon or not ;o)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hey Laur! Thanks! It’s actually a hairpiece, not baby’s breath. It’s so pretty.

Alexe @ Keys to the Cucinaposted August 1, 2014 at 11:36 am

I love this round up! And I was just at Target last night at saw the romper you bought, it is so cute. I think it would look fab with some black wedges :) Have fun with your bachelorette festivities this weekend!

Hopeposted August 1, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Sally, I am sharing in your wedding excitement! I am getting married on August 16th! Just did my wedding hair and makeup trial this week, and applied for our marriage license today. I hope you are enjoying all of the wedding bliss as much as I am! Congratulations!!!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Ahhh! Hope, you’re so close. I’m so excited for you. Congratulations!

Danaposted August 1, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Wow July looks like it’s been a great month for you Sally, it’s so cool you were featured in Woman’s World! I really feel like it was just the Fourth too…is it just me or do the months seem to be going faster and faster? It’s crazy you’ll be getting married really soon, congrats!! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Uhhh yes. They are going faster and faster and faster!

Nicoleposted August 1, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Love your wedding hair! So pretty! And the puppy playdate looks fun. I am so making those cookies you made on the 3rd. Soon.

Natalie Munroeposted August 1, 2014 at 1:05 pm

July 1st– what’s that multi-colored donut thing under the tv? Is it a mini ottoman?

July 16th– be honest: was that beverage tasty or gross? It sounds like it would be gross. Like, too savory.

Love your wedding hair. So elegant.
    Your new house looks fab. Way to go unpacking and moving in; that can be so stressful but when it’s done….ahhh! Nice new yellow chair! And I LOVE the tile back splash in your kitchen. We had our kitchen redone 6 years ago and made it the dream kitchen BUT we didn’t do a back splash and it’s my one regret; we’re talking about doing one now.

Have an amazing August!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Hey Natalie! That’s a little ottoman. It’s obnoxiously colorful. Got it from Pier 1. That Suja juice flavor is a little bitter, definitely for green juice lovers.

Kerry @ Kerry Cooksposted August 1, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Wow, 98 miles – so close!! But planning a wedding is pretty time consuming – just remember not to let stuff stress you out – delegate delegate delegate!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I’m trying. ;) Thanks Kerry!

Jennposted August 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm

YOU can totally rock that romper! Congrats on the miles!! Enjoy your Bachlorette!!

Nicolaposted August 1, 2014 at 4:07 pm

We just got back from our trip to France yesterday. The weather wasn’t the greatest, but our new tent pulled through like a trooper. Plus, who has time to be cranky with the rain in the Magic Kingdom? I swear that if you cut one of the family open, you’ll find “Disney till we die” engraved all the way through us!

Your wedding hair pic is just beautiful. So so delicate. I’m looking forward to seeing the real thing. ;-) And I’m amused that you have ‘rompers’ as I totally associate that with babies – they’re called playsuits over here. We bought my daughter an incredibly cute one from Fat Face for her birthday.

Looks like you are settling in nicely, and that includes Jude!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Thanks Nicola! Sounds like you had a fun trip. And rompers are a weird thing. Still not 100% about this one haha!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted August 1, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Yes yes yes to rompers! They are super cute and amazingly comfortable… like a dress but you can bend down and not flash the world! ;)

Also I love all your dog photos!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted August 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm

omigosh what a big month!!! All the wedding stuff is sooo excitingggg!

Maggieposted August 2, 2014 at 1:39 am

Gosh I can’t imagine how you could achieve so much within a short month, while blogging all the time and planning a wedding! Great post and I’d like to do something like this in the future.
    You look great for the interview :) Have a great weekend!

Nila @ The Tough Cookieposted August 2, 2014 at 8:42 am

Oh my God, Sally! How do you run 98 miles in one month?! Is Jude running with you? That must be soo much fun :) I want to start running with my dog Lucy. She just turned 1, so she’s finally allowed to exercise! Only problem is that I can’t even run a mile to safe my life!

And by the way, you look amazing! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Jude runs with me sometimes and I power walk a good bit of it too. I have no idea how I do it. I’m a little crazy Nila!! Happy birthday to Lucy. Such a cute name!

Michele @ Alwayzbakinposted August 2, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Love all of your gorgeous photos! Your hair trial was beautiful. Congratulations! Hope you have an awesome time at your bachelorette party!

Kaitlynposted August 2, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Of course neon makes you run faster! Always. No doubt. My family was camping this past week and my mom and I were having some lake beach magazine time. She pointed out a recipe for Marshmallow Swirl S’mores Fudge and I was like “I know that recipe! That’s Sally! I have that cookbook!” Her response: “Why haven’t you made it for me yet?!?!?!” You got me in trouble, hehe. So glad the recipes were featured, they all look delicious!

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Hahaha that is too funny Kaitlyn. And YES you have to make that fudge.

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted August 2, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Such a fun-filled month!! Looks like you found lots of delicious food in Cleveland. I’ve only been once, and that was for basically a day. (Baseball trip with my dad — shocking, I know! ;) ) I love the look of your new kitchen!! My dream is to have one with lots of counter space and natural light, neither of which I have right now… And we’re moving in less than a month, and I highly doubt our next place (wherever that may be… still haven’t found one yet and I’m super stressed!) will have that either. But hey, maybe the place after the next place — there’s always hope!

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:39 pm

There IS always hope. And good luck searching for a new place Amy. Thinking of you!

Kristin Tposted August 2, 2014 at 9:55 pm

So enjoy the Bites of Real Life! Even with the flyaways, the wedding hair looked gorgeous!

Shayposted August 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Ahhhh!!!! So exciting!!! You are the best! Kevin is so lucky to have you as his wife to be!! I love all of your recipes and and love to bake! Congradulations! Your hair looks gorgeous :) <3

• Shayreplied on August 3rd, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Oh and I forgot to say, I love running too! Hoping to do a full marathon this coming year!

Dianaposted August 3, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Wow Sally what an exciting month!! You inspire me so much, I’ve been following your blog since last year and Photo a day posts are probably my favourite!! So I decided to do the same and post random pictures from my everyday life :) Your hair looks gorgeous! Planning for a wedding is so much fun, and exciting! I’m getting married next year but I still have got lots of time! I’m looking forward to seeing your picture in your wedding dress in September :) Thank you so much Sally for all of the amazing posts!! :) :)

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Thanks for reading my blog Diana and I’m so glad that you enjoy these posts and don’t find them too boring. Enjoy this exciting time being engaged! It passes quickly!

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted August 3, 2014 at 10:17 pm

July was a super busy month for you Sally! I hope August is a little more relaxed!
    Congratulations on your 98 miles too :) With all that going on you still managed to reach your goal.
    I can’t wait to see what those mystery cookies end up being. Also, the romper looks great! I bought a jumpsuit recently, but it’s been way too cold here to wear it, and it definitely needs ‘an occasion’ to be worn to. Let’s both be brave and give it a go :) If they don’t work, at least we will have funny photos to look back on…I think?
    Hope you are loving your new kitchen!

Tina Hallposted August 4, 2014 at 9:47 am

Love your July photo a day Sally! Wedding hair looks beautiful! I am getting married on 12 Sept so my countdown is also on! Thanks for all the amazing recipes – my birthday is 12 August and your cookbook is top of my list – fingers crossed! Tina x

• Sallyreplied on August 4th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Good luck!! Your big day is almost here :)

Keri Bposted August 4, 2014 at 9:56 am

Hey Sally,

That is awesome you did 98 miles! I did 75 last month and I did a 5k and a 10k. This month I am going for 100. My friend and I run together and talk about all of the desserts we can make because we ran. haha I made your cookie dough ice cream pie and double chocolate chip swirl cookies recently and they were fabulous. Next up is the cake batter blondies. Also, I have developed a love for trail running now and I have found it makes the miles go by so much faster. :)

• Sallyreplied on August 4th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I run FOR desserts. Sounds like we have that in common Keri. In fact, I get most of my recipe brainstorming done on my runs! haha. Love those cake batter blondies.

Jennie @themessybakerblogposted August 5, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Wow, 98 is a lot of miles. Go you! It looks like you had an amazing month. Your new kitchen is stunning.

• Sallyreplied on August 6th, 2014 at 8:43 am

Thanks Jennie! I don’t even know how I ran all 98 miles. Though some of it I power walked. I thought about recipes and food the whole time, I can guarantee that.

Jules @ WolfItDownposted August 6, 2014 at 4:24 am

Ahhh, I love photo round-ups like this, and I have yet to do one myself! I find it makes you get to know someone in a different way, a photo says more than a thousand words, right? :D Your dog is absolutely adorable, and you and your man makes such a beautiful couple :) Wishing you all the best ^ ^

As for me, July was the month where I got my first job as a chef in a local kitchen here in Glasgow, I cannot wait to properly start next week :D It’s been such a great Summer, hasn’t it? :) Big hugs from across the waters xx

• Sallyreplied on August 6th, 2014 at 8:47 am

Hey Jules! Congrats on the new job! That is so very exciting. Thanks for all the kind words. My (huge!) pup Jude is definitely a cutie!

shelly (cookies and cups)posted August 7, 2014 at 10:33 am

what a very fun and packed month!!

cheminposted August 11, 2014 at 1:49 pm

KIND bars rule yes Caramel seasalt almond is my favorite also My hubbie kevin and I eat about 10 each a week!!! we fight over them!