Photo A Day, August.

August Photo A Day_-25

Welcome back to my Photo A Day posts. Where I share photos of my dog, working out, eating chocolate after working out, wedding anything and everything, and beer. Speaking of working out, I’m happy to say that I did 137 miles in August. Am I crazy?

Ahhh don’t answer that.

Wearing my wedding dress is especially motivating, but I found myself on long runs and walks with Jude when I felt life getting too crazy. Recipe fail? Take a walk. Wedding planning stress? Time for a long run. Before I knew it, I was in the triple digits.

I can’t believe tomorrow is September. What! My life feels so much different from June 1st as I type this in our new home with my bridal shower, moving, bachelorette, food tasting, seating arrangements, rehearsal dinner planning, church program designing, hair & make-up trial, and bridal dress fittings behind me. It has truly been the best summer of my life, but now it’s time to say (type?)…  September, let’s do this.

August 1. the bridesmaids dresses. two-toned lace. Stunning.

August Photo A Day_

August 2. My mom’s friends threw me a bridal shower here in Philly. (I also had one in Baltimore, thrown by my bridesmaids.) It was a blast, lots of good food, good laughs, cupcakes, candies, and pink lemonade cocktails. :)

Philly Bridal Shower-2

Later that night… crazy, wonderful, dancing, champagne, the best of friends, sisters, and future sisters. My bachelorette party in Philadelphia.

August Photo A Day_-28

August 3. Today consisted of snack foods and headache medicine. Sooooo here’s a pic of Erin and I from last night.

August Photo A Day_-31

August 4. guilty.

August Photo A Day_-2

August 5. love at first peanut butter bite.

August Photo A Day_-6

August 6. gift from my bridesmaid :D

August Photo A Day_-18

August 7. have you ever had an orange crush before? They’re famous in Baltimore and will be our “signature cocktail” for our wedding reception. fresh-squeezed orange juice, triple sec, orange vodka, splash of lemon-lime soda, crushed ice.

August Photo A Day_-7

August 8. remade & reshot my mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins. I make these year round. Have you tried them yet??

Mini Pumpkin Muffins

August 9. Soooo much spin this month. The teacher is intense.

August Photo A Day_-22

August 10. Happy National S’mores Day! Marshmallow swirl s’mores fudge recipe is in my cookbook and what I made on TV.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook Recipe

August 11. Baking fall recipes to post the entire month of September for ya. You won’t believe the amount of baked goods that have been through my kitchen this month!

(Our new neighbors love me.)

August Photo A Day_-8

August 12. date night.

August Photo A Day_-3

August 13. baked and shot THESE.

August Photo A Day_-5

August 14. A rainbow and red sky at our food tasting. A good omen, right?

August Photo A Day_-27

August 15. Kevin orders a sandwich so I can eat all his fries with ketchup ketchup with fries.

August Photo A Day_-21

August 16. me & my gal Mol. (excuse the weird empty picture frames in the background, still decorating the new digs.)

August Photo A Day_-9

August 17. for our wedding dinner. from BHLDN.

August Photo A Day_-11

August 18.

August Photo A Day_-10

August 19. best napkins ever for the best day ever.

August Photo A Day_-14

August 20. ONE MONTH.

(engagement photos ©2013 Megan Beth Photography www.meganbeth.com)

engagement photo-2

August 21.

August Photo A Day_-13

August 22. nothin’ but suds and smiles today.

August Photo A Day_-15

August 23. oh yes.

August Photo A Day_-20

August 24.

August Photo A Day_-12

August 25. I wore my wedding shoes around my house for 5 hours in an effort to break them in. I wore polka dot socks with them. No pictures of this ridiculous look.

August 26.

August Photo A Day_-16

August 27. spent some $$ feeding my obsession with pumpkin candles today.

Do I really need 9 of them in my house??

August Photo A Day_-32

August 28.

August Photo A Day_-19

August 29. a dress for Hawaii. ☀ (from Nordstrom)

Mint Green Dress from Nordstrom

August 30. !!!!!!!!!

August Photo A Day_-23

August 31. I took this yesterday morning when I baked enough cookies to feed an army.

August Photo A Day_-26

Q: What have you been up to the past month?!

Q: What was your favorite part of this summer?

See more bites of real life.

46 Responses to “Photo A Day, August.”

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted August 31, 2014 at 12:31 am

ahhhhh August has been awesome!!! So excited for your upcoming wedding !!!!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 31, 2014 at 1:46 am

I love that you do this, that you do it EVERY month and don’t miss a month, and share all of it so freely…amazing :)

138 miles in a month is not crazy. I did 110 last week. That’s more crazy :) But I don’t spin. I can’t believe you spin on top of that! That’s amazing! But as you said…stress…take a walk, etc. Totally get that!

I love the shot of your double mixers going and your engagement pics are gorg!

Liz S.posted August 31, 2014 at 5:16 am

You’re definitely not crazy. What a fabulous month you had! And September sounds like it will be just as (if not more) exciting for you.

My favorite part of August was all the traveling I did, as well as all the baking I did for various events and birthday celebrations (always using your cookbook recipes for the treats! :) ).

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 10:27 am

A month filled with fun travels and baking sounds like perfection. Thanks for baking (and enjoying!) my cookbook recipes Liz!

Aftabposted August 31, 2014 at 6:21 am

Lovely photos, I have to admit all those food pictures made be extremely hungry haha. You must be an excellent baker!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted August 31, 2014 at 6:40 am

What a fun, super busy month. I love how you take each day and make something of it. August fly by!

Obstiposted August 31, 2014 at 6:45 am

I absolutely need those candles. And more pumpkins. So exited for all your fall recipe!

Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolateposted August 31, 2014 at 6:48 am

138 miles?!?! Wow, good job! Looks like you had a super busy month, hopefully you get some time to take a breath before the wedding. I love your Hawaii dress, by the way. And just so you know, no one can ever have too many candles.

Sineadposted August 31, 2014 at 7:08 am

Great post – someone’s had a busy month! You must be excited getting so close to your wedding day :-)

Caleyposted August 31, 2014 at 7:25 am

Congratulations on topping 100 miles! That’s great! Also, maybe you should leave the picture frames empty…like the frame around the peephole on Friends ;). That picture of your shoes with Jude’s paws is SO cute :D

Mirposted August 31, 2014 at 7:27 am

Sigh. I’m so sad that summer is ending. Went back to work last week (I teach high school) so reality is definitely here!
    Your August sounds unforgettable. And active! Spinning, walking, running. You’ll be the most toned bride ever!
    By the way, love the nod to Baltimore in your wedding cocktail. Such a nice nod to your time in these here parts!

Stephposted August 31, 2014 at 8:02 am

137 miles!? Nice!
    You must really be busy preparing for the big day!

Lynnposted August 31, 2014 at 9:51 am

“Do I really need 9 of them in my house?” Ummmm, YES. Why even question that, Sally??

Do you realize that was your last photo-a-day as a single lady? As a McKenney? As a fiancee? Tomorrow starts the best month of your life thus far… And guess what? It just gets better from there on out :-)

PS I may or may not have a small little note on my calendar for September 20th. We will be at another wedding, but I’ll be thinking of you too!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 10:25 am

Lynn, you are so right. My last photo a day as a fiancé. Gives me butterflies. In a good way! Thanks for all your kind words and for thinking of me on the big day! xo

Meredithposted August 31, 2014 at 10:58 am

So excited for you! It’s been a great summer just being home with my kids. Now it’s back to work and school, but I’m so ready for fall weather!
    I’ve seriously lost count how many cookie cakes I made this summer!

Lizposted August 31, 2014 at 11:05 am

Love all your pictures of the great fun you had. Much happiness!

Laurposted August 31, 2014 at 11:28 am

Cue: “It’s the final countdooooown”!!! So excited to see your wedding photos! And I can’t imagine any neighbor of yours WOULDN’T like you! So funny!

And pumpkin candles are my favorite… Specifically, the pumpkin latte. I’m usually weird about coffee smelling things because nothing smells like the real thing… But this candle. UGH, this candle.

Keep on running, Sally! Only a few more days left and maybe you’ll decide to run a marathon after all is said and done! ;)

OH, and where in the KOP mall are those macaroons?! I never saw them!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:53 am

I don’t think I could ever run a marathon! Well, unless some sort of baked good or an entire bakery was at the end. I love pumpkin coffee smelling things. Funny – Kevin hates coffee but loves its smell. I think a lot of people are like that, actually! And the macarons were in a little kiosk downstairs by Jcrew and BCBG.

Danaposted August 31, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Wow it’s hard to believe the next Photo A Day post will be after you got married!! All the little details you have look so cute and special. The bridesmaid dresses look so pretty too!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:43 am

YES, it is very hard to believe Dana!! Thanks for the sweet comment.

Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted August 31, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Those macarons are so cool! And cheers to pumpkin ale season!! (Is it bad that I get more excited about that than pumpkin spice lattes?) :)

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:43 am

NO, not bad at all because I am the same way. I tried a couple new pumpkin brews over the weekend. My favorite was JACK-O Traveler – it’s a shandy beer! It was soooo good, Ali.

Kristin Tposted August 31, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Sally, I LOVE that picture of Jude smiling :) I guess he likes bath time?! Such a pretty dress for the honeymoon. Best wishes!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:42 am

Haha he LOVES it. Such a little (big) weirdo.

Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girlposted August 31, 2014 at 4:48 pm

What an amazing month you had! Quite a charmed life, Sally! The bridesmaid dress fabric is gorgeous. Wow, it is so stunning. Puppy bath time is also adorable. Pets are the best. Happy Labor Day weekend to you!

Emma :)posted August 31, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Love all your pictures! Your dog is so cute. Have a great month! And good luck at your wedding, so exciting!
    Ps: you aren’t crazy.. I ran 125 miles this summer

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:41 am

Congrats on 125!

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted August 31, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Congratulations on another awesome month! I love these catch up posts and seeing what happens behind the spatula and sprinkles :)
    You must be getting so excited for your wedding!
    I must say, everyone’s posts about their summer is getting me excited for our upcoming warmer months. Although, I do feel torn between cooking all the delicious autumn treats that pop up around this time, and celebrating the fresh spring produce! Guess I’ll just have to do both :)
    Thanks for sharing your August, and here’s to the best September ever!!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 9:40 am

Thanks Amy! I appreciate all your kind words. I bet you’re so excited for your upcoming summer!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted September 1, 2014 at 11:23 am

I love that cute Hawaii dress girl! And those macaroons at the top are swoon worthy. Can’t wait to see how things come together for your beautiful wedding. Savor all the moments.

megan bethposted September 1, 2014 at 2:05 pm

love this august wrap up! and all the wedding details!!! :) xo

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 5:14 pm

xoxo megan, see you SO soon.

Heather @ Shards of Lavenderposted September 1, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Oh, Sally, the bridesmaid dress material is just stunning! Definitely something that your friends may actually wear again… What a special month for you:) Congratulations on your highest views yesterday too! My favorite memory of the summer was this past month when we hosted an exchange student from Japan. This is our 2nd time and it’s been so neat to make friends with someone halfway around the world!

• Sallyreplied on September 1st, 2014 at 5:11 pm

That sounds like an incredible way to spend part of your summer Heather!

Shannynposted September 1, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I had one of the best summers ever – off work and enjoyed every minute of it!
    I baked and grilled and cleaned and played with the cats and watched the birds and lost THREE INCHES overall at the gym!!! And I would come home and make your protein smoothie and read my favourite blogs. :) Yours first!

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Way to go on the inches lost, Shannyn. That’s so wonderful! Love protein smoothies. Sounds like one heck of an exciting summer for you.

Jacquie Rhoddposted September 2, 2014 at 8:53 am

Love your photos and I can’t wait for all the yummy fall recipes!! Love love love fall!! Where did you get those amazing candles?! I need/want them :) Happy Fall

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Hi Jacquie! They are from Bath & Body Works.

Kaitlynposted September 2, 2014 at 9:32 am

HOLY GOODNESS MILES GALORE! So proud of you! I have been running for a while, but just ran my first official race (a 5k) on Labor Day with my fiance, mom and brother! I ran my personal best time, too! But time for the real reason of this comment… Would you happen to have the recipe for the pink lemonade cocktails that you had at your Philly bridal shower? Would love to try some! Orange crush sounds delightful as well. It has been sticky and humid here in East Central PA, soooo….. I just might find myself making one tonight.

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Hey Kaitlyn! Congrats on your personal best time. That’s fantastic! So happy to read it. You have to try an orange crush. The pink lemonade cocktail was simply just store-bought pink lemonade and vodka. I don’t know the measurements of each, but I say add vodka to taste. It’s soooo humid here too. Hard to go outside!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Lifeposted September 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

Always love your monthly photo sharing posts! My brother is getting married the 20th too! So excited for it to get here!! Although, there’s still a ton to do!

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Congrats to him!

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugarposted September 3, 2014 at 9:54 am

It amazes me that you are so good about taking pictures for each day – I would totally forget! I wish I was also disciplined enough to run/walk/spin as much as you do – jealous! I am in love with your bridesmaid dress and the dress you wore to your bachelorette. And the orange crush sounds like an amazing signature drink. I had something super similar this weekend, but with whipped cream vodka – amazing and it tastes just like a creamsicle. You’ve gotta try it. :)

• Sallyreplied on September 3rd, 2014 at 11:25 am

The whipped cream vodka in the orange crush sounds amazing Lindsay! Great idea.

Caitlinposted September 6, 2014 at 5:29 am

Congratulations! You definitely have had a busy month! Where are those macarons from? They look amazing.

• Sallyreplied on September 6th, 2014 at 9:46 am

Hi Caitlin! We got them from a kiosk in the king of prussia mall. They were delicious!