12 Super Easy Super Bowl Recipes.

12 super easy game day recipes on sallysbakingaddiction.com including coconut chicken, soft pretzel bites, sweet potato skins, guacamole, BBQ meatballs, and more!

For the first time in my 30 years, I’m actually excited for the Super Bowl.

Let me rephrase.

For the first time in 30 years, I’m actually excited to watch the Super Bowl. I’m not a football person (shocking) but after attending a Ravens game with Kevin, I now actually understand what is happening on the field. Granted, I still ask 100 questions during the game but it’s an improvement from my previous 1 billion questions.

Baking is much more my sport. You?

But I do know my Super Bowl snacks! And I have 12 easy recipe ideas for you to make on Sunday. They’re all complete crowdpleasers, some of them even being my most popular recipes. Let the games begin!

Pretzel Crusted Chicken Bites

These are beyond a favorite. What’s not to love? Crunchy, salty pretzels. Juicy, tender chicken. Peppery and relatively healthy. Make a whole tray and serve with honey mustard. You have to.

Super crunchy Pretzel Crusted Chicken Bites on sallysbakingaddiction.com. These are SO easy and delicious!

Mango Guacamole

Hands down, a blog recipe I make the most often. I could live off this stuff. Mango seriously takes this simple homemade guac up about 10 notches!

Simple Mango Guacamole - try this tangy, sweet, and spicy guacamole the next time you're craving the creamy dip. Perfect accompaniment to your favorite tortilla chips!

Pepperoni Pizza Rolls

Perfect party snack! These rolls are made with my reader-favorite pizza dough recipe. Crispy on the bottom, tender on the inside, super cheesy, and packed with pepperoni. You will love making and eating pizza this way!

The perfect party snack! Pepperoni Pizza Rolls- so simple to make!

Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Meatballs

Smothered in BBQ sauce! Oh my gosh, these meatballs are fantastic. You can use beef instead of turkey. Just cook in the crockpot and let everyone serve themselves. I think I’ve made these BBQ meatballs about 6 times in only a month. We LOVE them!

Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs

My Favorite Pepperoni Pizza Dip

This is an obvious on the Super Bowl snack list. I’ve made and tried, like, thousands of pizza dips (I love the stuff) but this one’s my favorite. And there’s Greek yogurt in there to make it a little lightened-up. No one ever notices it’s not the full fat kind.

Lightened-Up Pepperoni Pizza Dip

Loaded Sweet Potato Skins

With bacon, chives, cheese– you can’t turn them down. They’re so easy and everyone always comments on how crisp they are. I love that about them! And they’ve been crazy popular on my blog since I shared the recipe in 2014.

Simply Loaded Sweet Potato Skins - what a great snack or side for game day!

Soft Pretzel Bites

In my pretzel-loving world, these taste exactly like Auntie Anne’s. Make them right at home and they’re fun for kids to help. PLUS that kicked-up cheddar cheese sauce for dipping. Recipe for that included, too!

Soft Pretzel Bites with Spicy Cheese Dip

Seasoned Pretzels

Can you tell I love pretzels? This is a recipe my family makes every single Christmas. All it is is baked hard pretzels seasoned with lemon pepper, dill, and garlic powder. They are CRAZY addicting and the recipe makes a ton (an entire giant bag of pretzels). You will not be able to stop snacking on these!

Seasoned Pretzels

Easy Coconut Shrimp

I have to include these! They’re one of my top 15 recipes in the past year and they’ve been going wild on Pinterest lately. Perfect for game day.

Easy Coconut Shrimp

Crispy Coconut Chicken with Spicy Honey Orange Sauce

Crispy Coconut Chicken with Spicy Honey Orange Sauce

Baked Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken

Just shared this recipe yesterday. I love them! I also have a buffalo flavor too. They’re really easy and I love that crunchy cornflake coating.

Baked Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken

Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Jalapeños

Not enough words on earth to describe how freakin’ fantastic these are. One of my blog’s most popular recipes. So funny that jalapeños are a top recipe.

They’re THAT GOOD.

Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Jalapeño Peppers

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

And one more for good luck. You have to finish off with something sweet! I’m choosing these as a perfect football snack because guys LOVE THEM. Girls too, of course. Chocolate, peanut butter, no baking involved. Taste like fudge. Addicting. Obsessed. Kevin’s favorite.

Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Q: Have you tried any of these recipes? Do tell!

Q: What are some of your favorite game day eats?

36 Responses to “12 Super Easy Super Bowl Recipes.”

Gayatriposted February 5, 2016 at 3:56 am

Your no-bake Nutella cookies were one of the first I ever made! Love them 🙂

Andrea @ Cooking with a Wallflowerposted February 5, 2016 at 3:56 am

All of these snacks look soo amazing. I’ve tried the bacon wrapped cheesy stuffed jalapeños. They’re soo good! And I’m dying to try the Loaded Sweet Potato Skins but haven’t had the chance yet. There really needs to be more time and room in my tummy for all this food!

I have no understanding of football whatsoever until I lived with my cousin for two years. And he’s a total football fanatic. Now, I can carry a short convo with a stranger about football without actually knowing what’s going on. lol

You’re going to be in SF a few days too late. Otherwise, you’d be able to experience Super Bowl City! Which is causing chaos everywhere for local residents. Lol

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 8:02 am

It would’ve been cool to be in Super Bowl City 🙂 Can’t wait to meet you soon!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted February 5, 2016 at 5:31 am

Can I have one of each? I don’t really snack but I love snack food. This would be a lovely game day smorgasbord.

Michelle @ Modern Acupunctureposted February 5, 2016 at 6:07 am

Love all of these recipes! I’m also not usually a Superbowl fan, except for the food and commercials, but looking forward to it this year. I think those coconut shrimp are going to have to happen in my house! Also excited to watch the Kitten Bowl beforehand haha 🙂

• Laura ~ RYGreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 7:37 am

There’s a kitten bowl????? Put me in coach, I’m ready to play!

Loaded potato skins look stellar, but these are all great options. Last year, we tried to order pizza and they told us the wait would be 2-3 hours. For a gal who’s in bed by 9 (yes, even during the Super Bowl) that doesn’t work.

And then our neighbors kid got super sick ordering chicken wings out that were raw!

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 7:55 am

If you’re up for it, make your own pizza Laura! Here’s my go-to pizza crust. I think you’ll love it.

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 8:00 am

Didn’t even know there was a Kitten Bowl! Ha!

• Michelle @ Modern Acupuncturereplied on February 5th, 2016 at 8:36 am

Yes it’s on the Hallmark Channel! http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/kitten-bowl I watched it last year, it’s the cutest, fuzziest thing I’ve ever seen! There’s a tiny mini football field!

Amyposted February 5, 2016 at 6:39 am

I’ve tried your Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Meatballs, your Loaded Sweet Potato Skins, and I’m making your Baked BBQ Honey Popcorn Chicken for Sunday!  Your post this morning also has me CRAVING those no-bake cookies.

I love soft pretzels, just still need to get over my fear of working with yeast.  I’ve loved all your videos so far, so, I’m eagerly hopeful that there would be a video about pie crusts or working with yeast.  Do you have a post/form somewhere where SBA readers can post ideas (requests, really, I guess!) for recipes and/or videos?  If you hire a social media assistant, maybe that’s a task they can jump on.  I have a list of recipes that I would LOVE a Sally version of (or at least Sally directions :/).

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 7:59 am

Amy, what fabulous ideas for videos! A pie crust or yeasted dough recipe– I can absolutely handle that. Might be awhile because I can’t even keep up with my current workload but that’s why I need an assistant. 😉

I think you’ll find the soft pretzels easy. I swear. If you make my regular soft pretzels, you don’t even have to let the dough rise. Yeast is just like another ingredient in the dough, like salt or something. I encourage you to try!

Marina @ A Dancer's Live-Itposted February 5, 2016 at 7:16 am

Sweet potato skins!! YAY my favorite! And your no-bake cookies of course. 🙂 These all look fabulous, Sally! By the way, I love the new placement of your social media widgets. 🙂

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2016 at 7:57 am

Thanks Marina! Are you viewing on a mobile device? If on a computer, are they showing up for you up in the right corner? They’re smaller and we’ve added a Tumblr and YouTube. We just had it changed last night and I want to make sure all the kinks are worked out.

• Marinareplied on February 5th, 2016 at 8:26 am

I’m on a computer, on currently they’re showing up across the top, not in the right corner. Hope this helps!

Celenaposted February 5, 2016 at 9:08 am

Holy cow,  you got me so excited to try out some new recipes for Sunday. I have only tried one of these recipes, the coconut chicken with orange sauce. It was amazing! It made me realize I need to make it again.

Leah @ Grain Changerposted February 5, 2016 at 9:15 am

My biggest dilemma in life right now? Which of these recipes to make on Sunday. I can’t even.

Ellen @ My Uncommon Everydayposted February 5, 2016 at 9:38 am

I’ve made (and naturally love) your no-bakes, soft pretzel bites, and pretzel-crusted chicken, but everything here is on my mile-long “to-try” list! I think those meatballs might be first 🙂 Have a fabulous weekend!

Maureenposted February 5, 2016 at 9:44 am

How wonderful of you to give us all these recipes!
    I have several already planned; the BBQ popcorn chicken, loaded sweet potato skins,
    pita chips with mango guacamole, colorful salad greens topped with your Italian dressing, and your sweetheart swirl bark to top it all!
    Again, thanks Sally!

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:32 am

It’s a sallys baking addiction super bowl snack smorgasbord at your house! 😉

Jennifer Cposted February 5, 2016 at 9:50 am

I am obsessed with your coconut crusted chicken – I swear I could eat every last one of them myself. Pizza is sort of the go-to for the big game but now I have more salty snacks on the brain….. Can’t wait!!

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:31 am

Omg I know, I love that coconut chicken so much.

Melissaposted February 5, 2016 at 10:17 am

Hi Sally!
    I’ve made the pretzel bites and they are delish!! Def like Auntie Anne’s at home; my fav too!
    I have a “challenge” for you!!… Lactation cookies! Not sure if you and Kevin are planning on having kids or if you have any friends that are and are planning on nursing, but I had a baby 7 months ago and I started experimenting with lactation cookies bc I too love to bake. And I’m curious what you could come up with bc all your recipes are ah-maze-ing. 😉
    Thanks!
    Melissa

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:31 am

Maybe when the time comes. 🙂 Great suggestion!

Ramona @ The Merchant Bakerposted February 5, 2016 at 10:26 am

They did a poll on the news this morning about everyone’s favorite part of the superbowl and the food and the game were tied! I know, no surprise there for many of us! I’m working on my list of what to make now. Thanks for some delicious ideas!

Liz B.posted February 5, 2016 at 10:56 am

I’m an insane football fan. My mom was in nursing school during my formative years, so I was basically raised by my dad with my brothers. Add that to the fact that I’m from Philly…yeah. Insane. My fiance wasn’t a fan either until we started dating. I’ve gotten him to about your level. Keep asking questions! It helps!

I also like baking! Imagine that! The Super Bowl is a great excuse. My friend who’s hosting our watching party asked me to make “that pizza dip you always make,” which is, of course, yours. I’m also planning to make your meatballs and honey BBQ chicken 🙂 Thanks for the suggestions! I love how timely your posts are.

My friends aren’t huge fans of oats (I know. I don’t get it either), so I’ll have to think of something else sweet to make.

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:30 am

That pizza dip!! <3 Have fun tomorrow Liz!

Char Rposted February 5, 2016 at 11:14 am

I’m a sports fan through and through! I am pulling for the Panthers. (I’m a Bears fan normally but the coach is a former Bear so got to root for his team!) That pizza dip looks amazing.
    Haven’t decided what else but I am making those no bakes too!! Oh my gosh…their SO addicting!

Jennaposted February 5, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Hi Sally! Baking is more of my sport too! I’m home on a snow day thinking of making your soft pretzel bites today, they’ve been on my to-bake list 🙂

maryposted February 5, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I learned to make the chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies in the Girl Scouts when I was in the 4th grade (46 years ago) and have been making them every since. I have a friend who calls them “mud pies”!

Teijaposted February 5, 2016 at 4:59 pm

I have several of these on my list to make this weekend! We always stay home for Superbowl so I get to play in the kitchen and we have snacks for supper 😉
    I’ve made the pretzel bites before and they were a big hit. I have also made different (but similar) recipes of the potato skins and jalapenos (The Pioneer Woman’s with bbq sauce are REALLY good!) and chicken bites, but I’ll be trying your recipes Sunday!

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:25 am

I’ll have to check out her recipe because they sound SO good. Have fun Teija!

Stephposted February 5, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Love the upgrade on the social media icons!

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2016 at 8:24 am

Thanks Steph!

Pattiposted February 7, 2016 at 3:30 am

I make a version of stuffed jalapenos with bacon that are always a game day hit. I’m seriously in love with your pretzel coated chicken, your seasoned pretzels, and your soft pretzel bites with the cheese sauce. Apparently, I really like pretzels. My darling daughter, however, is demanding that I run to the store early tomorrow morning and buy everything needed to make coconut shrimp for her.

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2016 at 7:15 am

Oh those coconut shrimp are soooo good Patti! And I’m happy you love all my pretzel recipes!

Celenaposted February 9, 2016 at 9:39 am

I made the hot pizza dip and the pretzels with cheese sauce dip. It was amazing! This was my first time making a pretzel as well. My husband couldn’t stop raving over these recipes. Thanks so much for sharing!