Hello hello! It’s been forever since we caught up. Since we last had our coffee break, Thanksgiving came and went– and with it, about 300 pies. Then we dove straight into cookie palooza, but enjoyed slow cooker hot chocolate before breaking out our mixers. This year was my favorite cookie palooza of any previous years!
By the way, the winner of the stand mixer was announced on the post last night and emailed. Thank you to everyone who entered. I was blown away by the response and will most certainly do it again next year.
Also, we took a family picture. ↑ Jude(dolph) is never a fan of his reindeer ears.
In between all of this, I’ve been burning the midnight oil and working on my 3rd cookbook Sally’s Cookie Addiction. This has honestly been a joy to write. I didn’t have any trouble coming up with the table of contents, though there are a few spots left if you have any requests! We’re looking at another 75 recipes, with about 70 of them exclusive and not available on my website. I’ll publish a few classics in there like my favorite cookie cutter sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and gingerbread men. Can’t have a cookie book without the three! All new photos of each, of course. Most recently, I’ve been working on a new snickerdoodle recipe for the book. It’s similar to these snickerdoodles, but has a completely different flavor thrown in. I’m excited for you to try them next year when the book comes out.
Speaking of cookies! I’m headed to a cookie exchange with some girlfriends on Friday night. Is it weird that I always have trouble deciding what to bring? Perhaps there’s just too many options. I’m leaning towards these peppermint mocha cookies because the flavor is sooooo good. And all my friends love chocolate… and peppermint mochas. Ok decision’s made!
Then on Saturday I have a cookie baking date with my assistant Stephanie. And then next week, I’m making about 8 dozen cookies for our family holiday celebrations. Pretty sure there’s about 10 pounds of butter in my freezer. I’ll bake a few cookies on Instagram story and Snapchat if you want to follow along next week!
Speaking of cookies, Tieghan baked a cookie recipe from my first cookbook. Look how pretty and festive!
Here is a picture of Jude and Franklin enjoying the Christmas season.
Wait, Franklin, you ate Santa’s cookies?
The pups also met Santa this year. (We are those people.)
Truth: my Christmas tree has 9 cupcake ornaments. I’ve started collecting them!
Let’s talk gifts! Can I admit that I’m a last minute shopper? My entire family is basically finished their Christmas shopping in October so I have no idea where I come from. (The cheese stands alone.) I shopped yesterday and crossed nearly everyone off the list. Success! But this got me thinking about a few gift suggestions I can make to any of you last minute shoppers.
Is December 14th technically last minute though?
Quick Gifts Under $40 for the Baker
- Kate Spade 3 piece Kitchen Set. Aren’t these adorable? I want them for myself!
- Confetti Insulated Tumbler. It’s like drinking funfetti cake, so any baker would love.
- Kate Spade Kitchen Tools. Cute, hot pink, and simple!
- Mega Muffin Pan. I just got one of these and can’t recommend it enough. If the person on your shopping list (or you!) bakes a lot of cupcakes, you can bake 24 standard size cupcakes all at once with this pan. I personally always recommend baking 1 batch at a time, so this is fantastic for getting a lot done at once.
- Happiness is Homemade Spatula. I’ve got about 90 of these, but this purple spatula is the cutest one I’ve seen!
- Frosting Tip Set. I just bought this earlier this year and am kicking myself for not picking it up sooner. Literally ALL the piping tips; perfect for decorating cookies, cakes, and cupcakes.
- Cook’s Illustrated Baking Book. I recommend this to all bakers. It’s like the baking encyclopedia teaching you everything you need to know about baking… everything. I’ve learned so much from it!
And for the Dog Lover…
Pet My Dog Coffee Mug (obviously)I finally posted about our whirlwind trip to Napa on my photography blog yesterday! Have you seen the photo blog recently? It got a facelift to match the new design update here on the food blog.
Here are some fun new Facebook videos for your holiday baking! My video team and I shot some of these in October, so I’ve been holding onto them for awhile now.
So what’s new with you? What’ve you been baking?
PS: Thank you for all the incredibly heartfelt and kind messages and comments regarding Sally’s Baking Addiction’s 5th birthday. ♥
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!