So I know yesterday was St. Patrick’s Day and all, but that’s no reason to wait until next year to make this Irish soda bread. Have you tried it yet?
We just got back from our mini vacation in Deep Creek Lake where, besides the hiking and playing in the snow, we remained plopped on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother marathons. All day couch potato-ness is not usually included my GO GO GO routine at home. And that’s why it felt miraculous to do… absolutely nothing.
1) Any runners out there? How do you feel about running on the treadmill? We finally got a new treadmill after ours broke last Fall. Our old model was super cheap, so I’m not surprised it was on the fritz. It would’ve cost almost as much as it was worth to fix, so we bought a new one instead– a life fitness model this time. I honestly don’t mind the treadmill, but I know most people find it monotonous. And I found these fun treadmill workouts if you want to check them out when the weather prevents outside runs!
3) Savory things: creamy potato soup and a beautifully heartfelt cause, broccoli tots that are baked and suuuuper cheesy, side veggie dish alert with this roasted sweet potato rainbow salad, and crockpot chipotle lime chicken!
4) Did you get a giant snow dump this week? We got over a foot in Deep Creek and came home to the same amount. And I jumped for joy because we haven’t had a big snowfall all winter. While it’s surreal to see this amount in March, I’ll take it.
5) And here are my pups in the snow. Jude LOVES the snow and was smiling the entire week on our vacation. All smiles, all the time. Franklin is still sort of confused? What is this white stuff?
6) Despite the snow adventures, I’m ready for spring. And I just bought this lightweight infinity scarf and this super cute floral shirt in anticipation. Obviously not worn together but the scarf with a white tee and that shirt with a pair of jeans. Love both!
7) Coconut: how do you feel about it? I feel like you’re either in 1 of 2 boats. Love it or hate it. I sail with the love it folks. I ask because I’m working on some Easter/coconut recipes!
Q: What are you baking this weekend?