Fudgy Cookies & Cream Oreo Brownies

Fudgy Cookies & Cream Oreo Brownies

Fudgy brownies. Stuffed with Oreos. Topped with cream cheese icing and loaded with sprinkles. These brownies are heaven. Pure heaven. Just look how fudgy they are!

While I have my go-to brownie recipe made from scratch, I actually used a box mix for today’s brownies.  That’s what trying to bake in a rush will do to you. I don’t mind, I love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix – they truly taste homemade!

Fudgy Cookies n Cream Oreo Brownies

This brownie recipe is fool-proof. Mix up your brownies according to the package instructions.  Pour 1/2 of the batter into your baking pan.  Line whole Oreos on top of the bottom batter layer. Pour the rest of the batter on top of the Oreos. Bake according to package instructions.

Averie’s oreo cookie stuffed brownies with vanilla buttercream frosting inspired me to top these cookies n cream brownies with icing and sprinkles.  I used store bought cream cheese frosting, but feel free to use my homemade cream cheese frosting that I linked in the recipe box below.. Again, who doesn’t love shortcuts?!

Fudgy Oreo Cookies & Cream Brownies

My favorite part about these brownies? The Oreo cookie melts and creates an unbelievably gooey, fudgy brownie encasing the sweet Oreo cream centers. Delicious!

Fudgy Cookies 'n Cream Oreo Brownies

Makes 24 brownies. Brownies stay fresh chilled in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray 11x7 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
  2. Make brownie batter according to box instructions. Pour 1/2 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Line Oreos in rows (3 down and 5 across). Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the Oreos.
  3. Bake according to box instructions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (i like my brownies fudgy!). Mine took about 40 minutes.
  4. Allow to cool completely and frost with cream cheese icing. Top with sprinkles and stick in the refrigerator so the frosting sets. Once the frosting is set (about 1 hour), cut into 24 squares.

Recipe Notes:

recipe adapted from Averie Cooks

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Posted in [wpbb post:terms_list taxonomy="category" separator=", "]

Comments

1. Dulce fresa on April 17, 2012 at 7:05 am

yum yum yum! I love Oreo! I also made this week Oreo brownie and cupcakes.. But I have to give this a try!

2. Mo on April 17, 2012 at 7:25 am

OMG Sally your recepies rock my world !

• Sally on April 17, 2012 at 11:28 am

haha thank you Mo 🙂

3. LivinLovinSweet on April 17, 2012 at 11:07 am

All of these delicious recipes, have me wishing we were neighbours 😉 lol these all look soooo yummy!!

• Sally on April 17, 2012 at 11:31 am

i would love that! hopefully my neighbors aren’t sick of the constant brownie and cookie smells coming from my kitchen 😉

4. creativity is my thing, you know! on April 17, 2012 at 11:13 am

yumyum. do the oreo cookies get soft when you bake them or do they stay hard? definitly gonna make them too!

• Sally on April 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

yes, the oreos get super soft while the brownies are baking, which makes them super fudgy. 🙂

5. frugalfeeding on April 17, 2012 at 11:35 am

Those brownies are clearly to-die-for. They look so nice! you’ll soon be transferring your baking addiction over to me!

6. Chung-Ah (@damn_delicious) on April 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Wow, I love that you took Lindsay’s brownies to a whole other level! Well done!

7. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more on April 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm

oh yum, I am all for box mix when you need it!

8. digintobooks on April 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Holy moly! These brownies look outrageous (in a really good way)! Wish I had one right now!! Love the idea of oreos combined with a brownie!

9. megsays on April 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Okay seriously I might have to take peeks at your blog more sparingly because I want to bake EVERYTHING! The stuffed oreo brownies and the chocolate dipped ones? Oh my!!! (Well, really oh my to everything.) It all looks so delicious, and the photos are always pretty too!

• Sally on April 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Meg, this made my day. Thank you SO much for the sweet comment. Comments like these are what make blogging SO fun. 🙂

10. Choc Chip Uru on April 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm

These brownies are a big bite of heaven for sure 😀
    I love the colourful frosting on top too 🙂

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

11. Healthiful Balance on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 am

Wow, these brownies look AMAZING! I want to take a bite out of one right now. 🙂

12. Katie from Katie's Cucina on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 am

YUM! These look and sound amazing!

13. Alexis on April 19, 2012 at 1:52 am

Can’t wait to try these brownies! They look amazing!

• sally on April 19, 2012 at 3:12 am

thank you alexis!

14. Mo on April 19, 2012 at 10:41 am

yeah that’s what i thought but just wanted to be sure !! thank you SO much 😉 Hope it’ll look as yummy as yours !

15. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust on April 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

SO good! Yummy!

16. Mo on April 22, 2012 at 6:26 am

hej hej, me again, so i tried it and it was a huge success ! Thank you so much !!

17. Six Sisters on May 3, 2012 at 11:49 pm

These look so great – and gooey! We loved having you come to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back again soon! -The Sisters

18. Emily on August 6, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Hey there. After you set the frosting one hour and cut into squares, do you store in the fridge, too?

• Sally on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 am

We ate the batch right away at a family party, so there was no need to store in the fridge. However, I suggest storing them in the fridge OR in a covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week.

19. Lauren on September 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm

These are delicious! I crushed some Oreos and blended them into the cream cheese frosting. So yummy!

• Sally on September 10, 2012 at 6:03 am

Hi Lauren! I never thought to do that. I love that idea!

20. Jessica on November 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I have made slutty brownies before and I bake them in an 8×8 can I do these also? They are pretty much the same thing except I do a layer of chocochip cookie,oreo and brownie

• Sally on November 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I’ve never had success baking a full sheet of brownies in a small baking pan, but if you’ve done it before with a different type then go for it!

21. Danielle on January 3, 2013 at 8:39 am

OH EM GEE! I made these last night and they are a winner! Not only do I love oreos but my boyfriend is an oreo lover and he was more than impressed with these bad boys! Instead of sprinkles I used mini chocolate chips. I am currently attending school for pastry and baking, and I am always looking for EASY fun recipes and your blog is filled with them! Thank you so much, keep it up!!! 🙂

• Sally on January 3, 2013 at 9:18 am

Danielle, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for visiting SUCH an old recipe and making it! I love Oreos too – and I have to try these with mini chocolate chips next time. I favor easy recipes – I’m a working gal, not much time to devote to anything too strenuous!

22. Carolina T on February 23, 2013 at 12:39 pm

These sound so great Sally! Then again, anything with oreos sounds great! Lol

23. Florian on July 13, 2013 at 10:19 pm

hi Sally.. the cream cheese frosting link goes to the chocolate brownie bites.. would it be the same cream cheese frosting as the one in your banana bread recipe? 🙂

thanks!

• Sally on July 14, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Oh gosh! Florian, I just updated the link for you. Thank you for letting me know that!

• Florian on July 14, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Sally 🙂

24. Jenny on January 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm

These look great! I’m going to be making them for my daughter and mailing them to her in college (she’s a HUGE fan of cookies & cream). What brands of cream cheese frosting do you recommend? I’ve never bought it before so I don’t know which are good.

Thanks!

25. Allie on February 5, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Omg thank you for the perfect valentines baking treat for my oreo and browning loving guy! This is so perfect!

26. Hannah on February 20, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Omg!! Just made these and they’re A M A Z I N G! Totally gonna have to bake them again! I used store bought brownie mix and frosting, so next time I’ll try your recipes! Thanks!

27. Heather @ Run Eat Play on February 27, 2015 at 10:02 am

I’m going to try these out today with the new Red Velvet Oreos! With the cream cheese frosting, I bet they’ll be amazing!!

28. Tabatha on April 2, 2015 at 9:37 am

Making these for easter! They look so delicious and pretty, I can’t wait for everyone to try them!

29. Kate on June 25, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Hi there!

Would love to make this. Do you think it would work in a 9×13 pan?

Thanks! Kate

• Sally on June 26, 2015 at 6:53 am

Kate, there isn’t quite enough batter to make two substantial layers of brownie in a 9×13 pan. How about using two boxes of brownie mix?!

• Kate on June 26, 2015 at 11:43 am

Awesome, thanks! I am going to try that out today 🙂 Really appreciate your fast response!

30. Lydia on November 16, 2017 at 7:03 pm

These look amazing. I have a question, though. Say I wanted to do a blondie base, topped with the oreos, then the chocolate brownie batter. Would you recommend using your blondie batter (the one from the candy bar blondies, for example)? Would that make it harder to layer?
    Or do you have another blondie recipe that could possibly work in conjunction with this one? Thanks. 🙂

Reviews