3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars
I’m the kind of gal who prefers vanilla over chocolate. It’s true! I’m a sucker for funfetti and vanilla frosting over devil’s food any day.
But today I bring you a chocolate bar that I could seriously eat everyday for the rest of my life. And I wouldn’t even have to feel guilty about it because they are completely vegan, and have heart-healthy-shiny-hair-stress relieving fats from coconut oil. Read here for more health benefits of coconut oil.
sidenote: there is no underlying coconut taste in these bars. So even if you loathe coconut, no fret! You won’t be able to taste it.
These bars took me a 5 whopping minutes to make. Make sure to store these in the fridge because coconut oil is almost liquid at room temperature. Feel free to add more or less splenda/agave/honey. Adjust the sweetness to your tastes. Using honey or agave will produce a smoother chocolate bar (though with honey they’d no longer be vegan). Splenda makes the bars lighter in color and a bit grainy. I didn’t mind it though! Go by your taste preference.
Vegan Chocolate Bars
This recipe is easy & quick. The dark chocolate bars are perfect for when you want something sweet!
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener Granulated (or 1/4 cup agave or honey, which makes a smoother bar)
- Mix together melted coconut oil with splenda (or agave/honey). Add cocoa powder and stir well for at least 3-4 minutes. You want the mixture to be extra thick.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined flat container (I used a 5 inch square ramekin).
- Stick in the freezer until solid (about 30 minutes) and chop into pieces or bars.
- Store in the fridge, since coconut oil is almost liquid at room temperature.
Sally's Tip: If you do not wish to use artificial sweeteners to your recipes, give agave or honey (will no longer be vegan if using honey) a try instead of the splenda. Using agave/honey will produce a smoother chocolate bar.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Another healthy way I like to eat my chocolate is my Homemade Chewy Fudge Granola Bars:
and these Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies 🙂