S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
Ever since I had my s’mores fix when I went camping a few weeks ago, I haven’t been able to get the ooey, gooey, marshmallow-y mess out of my mind. With a quick look through my pantry, I noticed I had half of a box of rice krispies and a sleeve of graham crackers leftover from my Peeps S’mores. Ding ding ding! S’mores Rice Krispie Treats 🙂
If you like s’mores and you like gooey rice krispie treats, you’ll flip for these. They are relatively easy to make – about 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes to set – and you don’t even have to turn on the oven! Perfect for those hot summer months!
Chunks of graham crackers, chocolate chips, and tons of marshmallow goo. I can see myself making these again and again… they are really that good. And EASY! 🙂
S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
Your favorite campfire treat - without the campfire!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker pieces
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or regular size chocolate chips)
- Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Pour in the marshmallows and constantly stir until melted with butter.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour in the rice krispie cereal and graham cracker pieces. Mix together well.
- Add chocolate chips and gently stir - you want most of the chips to hold their shape and not to completely melt. Immediately press rice krispie treats into prepared baking pan. Use the flat side of a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray to flatten the rice krispie treats down evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 25 minutes and cut into 24 squares.
*If your treats are too cold to cut after 25 minutes in the fridge, let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes to loosen them back up.
*I used a serrated knife dipped in warm water to neatly cut into squares.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Do you like s’mores? Here are some recipes to try next:
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.