Cookie Dough Truffle Pops
Safe-to-eat cookie dough covered in chocolate, sprinkles, and served on a popsicle stick. These “pops” are always a hit!
Not only were my Fudge Brownie Pumpkin Cupcakes a huge hit at my bake sale last weekend, but these cookie dough pops were a big-seller as well.
I wanted to bring something fun, cute, and portable. And something involving cookie dough because… who can honestly resist that buttery raw chocolate chip dough?!
These guys are pretty straightforward. Whip up a batch of cookie dough, roll into balls, pop in a stick, dunk in chocolate, and sprinkle. The cookie dough uses milk instead of eggs, so they are completely safe to eat.
The hardest part was choosing which sprinkles to use! I settled with chocolate, but I have big halloween sprinkle plans for these next month. There are a few secret tricks I learned while I was whipping these up.
First, roll the balls as big or small as you’d like. Mine were about 1.5 tablespoons of dough. Insert the popsicle stick while the dough is still at room temperature. Next, make sure to freeze the cookie dough balls (while on sticks) before you dip them in chocolate. The cold frozen dough will meld to the popsicle stick and make dipping them much easier.
Also, to avoid getting the inevitable “flat top” from resting the dunked balls on your cookie sheet, I made sure to hold the sticks after I dipped them into the chocolate. I tapped off the excess chocolate, sprinkled them with sprinkles, and held the ball for about a minute until the chocolate was mostly set.
Some truffles didn’t get sticks. Those were for me. 😉
With all of the bake sale preparations I did, it was nice to have an easy no-bake treat that I knew would be an instant success!
Cookie Dough Truffle Pops
Try writing different messages on the popsicle sticks for different occasions. These are such a fun gift idea.
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini chocolate chips
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate or chocolate candy coating, for dipping
- 30 popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Roll dough into balls, about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per ball. Insert popsicle stick into each ball. Freeze balls for at least 15 minutes on 1 cookie sheet.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip into melted chocolate. Tap the stick against the bowl and let any excess chocolate fall off. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and allow chocolate to set on lined cookie sheet. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Bakerella
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
You’ll love them!
The following treats are dedicated to all of you who secretly like the raw cookie dough more than the actual cookie. 😉
See all cookie dough recipes.