The year 2013 was an incredible year for Sally’s Baking Addiction because:
- I signed a cookbook deal.
- I wrote and fully photographed my cookbook within 5 months.
- I made my blog my full time job.
- You supported my dive into the savory recipe world! And my dentist thanks you.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction got a makeover.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction quadrupled in traffic.
- I crossed Danish pastry, the perfect pie crust, and the perfect pizza crust off my recipe bucket list.
This is madness! In the best way possible, of course. Over the past year you’ve showed me how much you love cookies, chocolate, sprinkles, and learning more about the girl behind the blog. You’ve shared my recipes with loved ones, written me emails, tweeted, pinned, clicked, commented, and showed your support for my baking addiction.
And I can’t thank YOU enough.
Just like last year, here are the best recipes of the year 2013, according to your tastebuds!
Most Loved Cookie
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies (also the most popular recipe on SBA this year)
Most Loved Brownies
Most Loved Muffins
Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (140 calories each!)
Most Loved Cake/Pie
You love chocolate cupcakes.
- Death by Chocolate Cupcakes (a very close second!)
- Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
Most Loved Snacks/Candy:
30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels – both whole wheat (top) and white (bottom)
Most Loved Healthier Recipe
Most Loved Breads/Rolls
Recipe Most Made By Readers (that I know of) – Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I’m not surprised – it is by far the most popular recipe on my website. Countless emails and over 750 comments. All hail the chewy chocolate chunk cookie!
Recipe Taking Me The Longest To Develop – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. It took me two years (!!!) to develop a chewy, non-cakey pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. And the wait was worth it. You all love this recipe too!
Recipe Most Pinned on Pinterest – Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Most Unhealthy Tasting Healthy Dessert – Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes. I make these all the time. They taste like rich chocolate cupcakes, but they’re not made with any oil or butter.
My Favorite Recipe of 2013
Ok, this is clearly difficult for my sweet teeth. Not my sweet tooth, my sweet teeth.
I am choosing three favorites. These three recipes are the crème de la crème. The best of the best. If I could only eat three things for the rest of my life, these would be it:
3. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars— 5 Ingredients, no baking, easy, loved by everyone with tastebuds.
2. Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake— This giant breakfast cake is MADNESS.
1. Salted Caramel Apple Pie— Are you surprised? This is my favorite pie crust and apple is my favorite flavor to bake with!
Q: What were some of your 2013 favorites?
See last year’s superlatives (and my favorite recipe of 2012!).
Here’s to a pretty sweet 2014.