January 26th 2013

taking a quick break from your regularly scheduled dessert…

engaged-22

The day I’ll never forget. šŸ™‚

engaged-16

{the drive to Swallow Falls, Oakland MD.}

engaged-17

{walking to the falls with Kevin.}

engaged-18

{the snowy view.}

engaged-15

{the spot: Swallow Falls State Park.}

engagement

this makes me happier than cupcakes. šŸ™‚

Posted in

Comments

1. Sally on January 30, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Sally – CONGRATS!! That is seriously so exciting! Your ring is gorgeous! I just love diamonds, they are my secret obsession (secret because I’m not ridiculously rich enough to buy ridiculous amounts of them =)).

• Sally on January 30, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Thank you so so so much! i love my new diamond! bling bling. šŸ™‚

2. Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats on January 30, 2013 at 3:48 pm

CONGRATS Sally! The ring is so beautiful and so was the proposal! I hope your marriage is just as beautiful šŸ™‚

• Sally on January 30, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Julie! Thank you so so much!

3. Heidi @ Food Doodles on January 30, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Congratulations Sally!! Such a beautiful ring, and a beautiful spot too!

4. aimee on January 30, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Wow, what a beautiful day! Congratulations, I am so happy for you both!

• Sally on January 30, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Aimee!

5. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen on January 30, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Sorry it’s taken me so long to get to this post. I have a serious backlog. But, you’re engaged! How amazing and fun. It’s a lovely time…enjoy it fully!

Also, what a beautiful spot to get engaged. You both look very happy. Can’t wait to see a peek here and there of wedding plans šŸ™‚

• Sally on January 30, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Thank you SO SO much Loretta! We are oth ecstatic. šŸ™‚ I’ll post a little bit here and there!

6. Kaye on January 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Congratulations!!!! A beautiful ring and a beautiful way to propose šŸ™‚

• Sally on January 30, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Thanks so much Kaye! šŸ˜€

7. Katie @ Oh Shine On on January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Sally I am thrilled for you and your fiance. Congratulations on your happy engagement!

• Sally on January 31, 2013 at 8:08 am

Thank you very much Katie!

8. mckatie on January 31, 2013 at 12:22 pm

So lovely! Congratulations!!!!

• Sally on January 31, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thank you SO much!

9. Donna on January 31, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Congratulations Sally and best wishes!! Wishing for you many years of happiness!!

• Sally on January 31, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Thank you so much Donna!!

10. Erin @ Texanerin Baking on February 1, 2013 at 7:39 am

YAAAAY! Congratulations! šŸ™‚ What a beautiful place and a good looking couple. I’m so happy for you!

Sad story: I was never engaged. It was more like me telling my now husband that he has to marry me… or else. So romantic. šŸ˜‰

• Sally on February 1, 2013 at 9:27 am

thank you SO SO much Erin!!! And your story isn’t sad at all. You know what you wanted and went after it šŸ˜‰

11. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel on February 1, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Squeeeee! You already heard a congrats for me but it bears repeating: Congratulations! I am SO happy for you and Kevin. And he couldn’t have planned a better, more beautiful place to do it! As long as Jude is the ring bearer, I’ll be happy lol šŸ˜‰

• Sally on February 1, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thank you SO much Miss Hayley!!! Weeee. I’m so excited and THANK YOU For all the sweet texts and FB love šŸ™‚ And we are trying to get Jude involved – obviously!!

12. Sonia on February 2, 2013 at 4:48 am

Congratulations !!

13. Erika on February 5, 2013 at 9:52 am

Sally!!!!! I know I’m a bit late on this (I liked your photo on Instagram last week!) but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys look adorable together, that’s a gorgeous ring, and you look so happy!! I’m SO excited for you. I’ve seen some food bloggers do posts on their weddings and just want to let you know that if you decide to do that, you have an eager audience right here that will be front and center for every post šŸ™‚ In any case, you must dish on what kind of wedding cake you get! Congrats again! šŸ™‚

• Sally on February 5, 2013 at 10:11 am

You are the sweetest EVER Erika. Thank you so so much. šŸ™‚ And I will be sure to share some details here and there on my blog. I can’t wait! The cake… will be fabulous. I’m already dreaming about it!

14. LaneM on February 5, 2013 at 10:32 pm

This is so exciting!! Congratulations Sally! Wow!!!!! What a ring!!! For such a lovely lady! He is a lucky guy! Congratulations to you both!

• Sally on February 6, 2013 at 10:29 am

Thank you so much LaneM! You are so sweet.

15. Kristy @Sweet Treats & More on February 7, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Oh my gosh, I’ve had the busiest week plus sick kids so I haven’t been reading ANY blogs! And I missed this post!! HOW?? Congratulations Sally! Off to drool over all these recipes I’ve been missing!

• Sally on February 8, 2013 at 8:33 am

Oh Kristy you are the SWEETEST!! Thank you so much!!! šŸ™‚

16. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life on February 8, 2013 at 7:49 am

I’m really not sure how I missed this post…other than I am way behind in my reader! Congratulations! That is so exciting and those frozen falls are gorgeous! Definitely a day you will never forget!!!! I can’t wait to see all the little snapshots of your planning and of course the cake ideas!! You both are adorable and I am so excited for you.

• Sally on February 8, 2013 at 8:29 am

Thanks Jocelyn! It was the best day of my life. I can’t wait for the planning to begin!

17. Karen on February 16, 2013 at 1:40 am

Oh Sally! After a very busy few weeks, I rewarded myself with a trip to your beautifully delicious blog to see all that I’ve missed since falling in love with the cupcake-flavored puppy chow. I am SO happy for both of you! Heartfelt wishes for a loving, healthy life together. And do you want to know something that tugged at my heartstrings? You got engaged the same day my sweet parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! I was so tickled to see the magical date. šŸ™‚ Have a sparkly day, Sally!

• Sally on February 16, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Aww Karen! That is SO sweet of you! Your whole comment made me smile. From you making and loving my cupcake puppy chow to the congrats to the 50th wedding anniversary. I’m lucky to have such a sweet reader. THANK YOU!

18. Kristin on February 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm

congratulations !!! šŸ™‚ love your blog!

• Sally on February 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Kristin!!

19. Hima on June 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

This is like a bajillion months late but congratulations Sally! šŸ˜€

• Sally on June 7, 2013 at 5:56 am

Thank you very much!

20. Lisa on September 13, 2013 at 9:08 am

Just found your blog! I’m making your vanilla buttercream frosting for cupcakes and your CCC recipe for a party with 30 ppl next weekend. So thankful I ran across these as they look promising and delicious! Should my hard gold sprinkles hold up well on the icing? My last recipe my other sprinkles bled right in. I live 2 hours south of you in St Mary’s county, Md! šŸ™‚

• Sally on September 13, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hey Lisa (my MD neighbor)! I love both recipes you wish to make. Two classics – both favorites. Do not put the sprinkles on top of the frosting until serving. Otherwise they could bleed.

21. Olivia Helm on December 29, 2013 at 2:29 am

(Reposting in case you didn’t receive it the first time!)

Hi Sally! I know this is almost a year late, but I was wondering what company made your ring! It is absolutely gorgeous! I also look forward to seeing you in your wedding dress!

Reviews