15 Sweet & Salty Pretzel Recipes

You’ll also love my salted caramel pretzel crunch bars!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy National Pretzel Day!

Well, national pretzel day is technically tomorrow but when it comes to pretzels, I naturally get ahead of myself.  You see, I love pretzels.  Our cupboards are stocked with them. Honey wheat twists, pretzel rods, mini twists, pretzel sticks, hard sourdough pretzels, Trader Joe’s peanut butter pretzels… you name it, we’ve got it.  I am a pretzel fiend.

15 Sweet & Salty Pretzel Recipes including brownies, cookies, blondies, cupcakes, snacks and other desserts.

My favorite snack is honey wheat pretzel twists dipped into homemade honey roasted peanut butter. 🙂

One of my very favorite things to “make” are chocolate covered pretzels. I’ve been making them for years for nearly every occasion.  It’s gotten to the point where family and friends expect me to bring along a tray of them everywhere I go during the holidays.  Chocolate covered pretzels are perfect for your sweet & salty cravings.  Gosh knows I have them often…

Bites of Real Life

Today I’m sharing 15 of my favorite recipes using pretzels AND a bonus recipe for Homemade Soft Pretzels (a 30 minute recipe!). Let’s get this sweet & salty party started!

1) 30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels – a family recipe that has been loved by so many of my readers. You just can’t miss out on these.

30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

2) Bite-Sized Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies. If you like M&Ms, peanut butter, and pretzels then you have to try them all together in my soft peanut butter cookie recipe.

Mini Peanut Butter Pretzel M+M Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

3) Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites – these are laughably easy.  The combination of Oreos, white chocolate, creamy cheesecake, sprinkles, and salty pretzels is out of this world!

Oreo Cheesecake Bites by sallysbakingaddiction.com

4) Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies.  You’re going to notice how much I love peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels together by the end of this round-up. 😉

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies

5) Loaded Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods. These were an instant favorite with my friends. Caramel and salty pretzels is such a fabulous combination. Top them with anything of your choice like Reese’s Pieces, sprinkles, or chocolate chips.

Caramel Dipped Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

6) Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting – topped with a pretzel of course!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting by sallysbakingaddiction.com

7) Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs – these are so fun during the fall months.  You could even top them with M&Ms – see the next photo!

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs from Sallys Baking Addiction

8) Pretzel Hugs – literally take 5 minutes to make.  I just made them last weekend again; we love them.

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs from Sallys Baking Addiction

9) Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies – it’s the truth, I simply love M&Ms + pretzels together! These soft-baked cookies are so flavorful, nutty, and caramel-ly from the brown butter.

Brown Butter Pretzel M+M Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

10) Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites – my friends beg me to make these ALL the time.  Completely hard to resist. You can make them with any pretzel shape and even with white chocolate too.

Chocolate Pretzel PB Bites

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bites

11) Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies – the only thing I might like as much as pretzels is butterscotch. The two are unbelievable together, especially in soft chocolate chip cookies.

Pretzel Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

12) Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies – definitely a favorite right here.  Have you ever had Pretzel M&Ms? They are a must try!

Caramel Pretzel M&M Blondies by Sallys Baking Addiction by sallysbakingaddiction.com

13) Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies – take your favorite chocolate covered pretzels and put them into cookies! You can also make them with white chocolate covered pretzels (see the next photo).

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies

14) White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies – the sprinkles add a festive flare for any occasion. Love these thick, soft-baked cookies!

White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies

15) And last but certainly not least, my homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels.  The best of the best!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: What are your favorite recipes using pretzels? Or your favorite homemade pretzel recipe?

Links are welcome!  I am obviously in a pretzel state of mind. 😉

More of my favorite pretzel recipes:

Posted in

Comments

1. Kristy on April 26, 2013 at 12:38 am

I love pretzels!! You’ve got quite the collection of pretzel recipes, I want to try all of them:)

2. Laura Dembowski on April 27, 2013 at 8:47 am

It’s funny I haven’t been into pretzels since I was little but I have absolutely fallen in love with them. The caramel pretzel bars are my favorite: http://www.piesandplots.net/caramel-pretzel-bars

3. Jenn @ The Boiled Noodle on April 27, 2013 at 8:58 am

There is nothing like the combination of salty and sweet!! What an awesome collection of them you have here! I don’t even know which one to try first!!!

4. Nutmeg Nanny on April 28, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Oh goodness, this is an awesome recipe roundup 🙂 no way I could choose just one to make!

5. Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli on April 29, 2013 at 2:51 am

Seriously, is there anything in this world better than the combination of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels?? I think NOT!!

Those chocolate covered pretzel cookies are absolutely genius! And here I thought chocolate covered pretzels were the peak of sweet and salty! 😉

• Sally on April 29, 2013 at 10:59 am

Thanks so much Heather – I love salty/sweet! And thanks for saying hi.

6. Cassandra on April 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I love this post! I just bought a huge bag of pretzels just so I could make something off of here. I can’t decide between the bite-size peanut butter pretzel M&M cookies and the brown butter pretzel M&M blondies. I may just have to make a batch of each 🙂

• Sally on April 29, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Mmm you chose two of my very favorites Cassandra! Let me know which ones you make first, I love hearing about it!

7. Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes on April 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

LOVE THIS POST, SALLY! I have been on a serious sweet/salty kick for… OK, ever since elementary school, so pretzels are always best for dipping in chocolate, swirling in ice cream, etc. I love the pic of you dipping your pretzels!! 🙂

• Sally on April 30, 2013 at 10:40 am

Pretzels + chocolate will always be a #1 snack for me! I love salty/sweet anything too, Meagan!

8. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork on May 1, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I take a little break from the internet and I miss National Pretzel Day??!! DOH! I’ll just have to have my own Pretzel Day — thank you for the recipes! 🙂

9. Luv What You Do on May 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I always seem to miss these fun days but love looking through your tasty treat lists. Pretzels are the BEST in everything!

10. Judy Hluchy on November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I’m looking for your salted pretzel toffee recipe after being at the Baking and Sweets Show in Schaumburg but can’t find it. I saw references to it but no recipe. I make toffee every Christmas. Thanks.

Reviews