Skinny Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshakes

You’ll also love my skinny funfetti milkshake.

These thick, lightened-up Cookies n’ Cream Milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!

Skinny Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes - made from only 4 easy, guilt-free ingredients! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

My workout recovery drink for the weekend was a Cookies n’ Cream milkshake. A milkshake with only 4 ingredients, taking just 5 minutes, and made from bananas. Bananas? Yes, this milkshake is made from bananas.

If you’re new around these parts, you may not know about my love for banana whip. Banana whip is made from freezing very ripe bananas and blending them into a creamy whip. Buy bananas, let them get speckled brown, peel them, slice them, freeze them, whip them in your blender, and eat.

Honest to goodness, it tastes like vanilla soft-serve. Vegan, gluten-free, 1 ingredient ice cream.

Did you know that you can freeze bananas and blend them to make 1 ingredient vanilla soft serve? SO good!

I make milkshakes from this frozen whipped banana concoction quite often.

And today’s Skinny Cookies n Cream Milkshakes.

Skinny Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes - so easy, so creamy, and made from only 4 guilt-free ingredients! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

For the cookies n’ cream version, you’ll need 2 frozen bananas, 3 reduced fat Oreos (treat yourself!), 1/2 cup fat free Cool Whip, and a splash of skim milk. The cool whip makes the milkshakes insanely creamy.  They taste like the cookies n’ cream milkshakes you love from the diner!

I threw the 4 ingredients into the blender after an hour-long workout and have never felt more refreshed. You could even add Greek yogurt to the milkshakes for a protein kick! The milkshake will taste more tart and less sweet, but you’ll get a nice serving of protein in there if you chose to add it. Or even try adding a scoop of protein powder. I’m not a fan of protein powder, but I know most people are.

You will hardly taste the bananas. I know I can’t!

Other milkshakes you’ll love:

Skinny Cookies 'n Cream Milkshakes

These thick, lightened-up Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!

Ingredients:

• 2 ripe large bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 1/4 cup skim milk1
  • 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 3 reduced-fat Oreos

Directions:

1. Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
  2. Blend the frozen banana chunks and milk together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
  3. Add the Cool Whip and Oreos and blend for 1 minute. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Recipe Notes:

1. Use your favorite milk. Skim, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, rice, coconut, etc.
  2. As suggested, vanilla flavored or plain Greek yogurt is a wonderful protein-packed replacement for Cool Whip!
  3. Try adding vanilla protein powder for a tasty protein kick.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Want something a little fruitier?  Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes!

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

PS: This is what my work day looks like. My assistant caught sleeping on the job! 😉

Jude-2

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

1. Amy on June 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I love your skinny milkshake series!! Cookies ‘n cream might be my favorite… Mainly because it’s the one I know my guy will like too, so I won’t be as tempted to drink the entire recipe all by myself! (But… They’re healthy… So I don’t have to feel guilty… Right?)

• Amy on June 17, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I don’t doubt that! I already ate my weight in oreos today for a new recipe to post on my blog… 😉

2. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen on June 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I sure could go for a milkshake right now! I’m not doing anything but sitting quietly and am still on the verge of sweating…

3. Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on June 17, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Mmm, this sounds incredible Sally! I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately (the heat in FL makes it insanely necessary) and always use frozen bananas as my base ingredient. I’m the same way with protein powder — don’t care for the stuff, or at least, haven’t found one I like yet! I usually just toss in a little greek yogurt or cottage cheese for extra protein.

• Sally on June 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I do the same – just add greek yogurt. It’s cheaper than protein powder anyway!

4. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations on June 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I am super-intrigued by your banana whip. I love frozen bananas in my fruit smoothies but I’ve never tried to make it chocolaty with oreos. When we where in Laos the shake stand ladies had a coffee, oreo, banana concoction. Your milkshake makes we want to try to recreate their version at home 🙂

• Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations on June 24, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I just made banana whip as my late night dessert yesterday! And didn’t feel a single ounce of guilt (even with a crumbles cookie on top) 😉
      It worked out awesome and I am sure I’ll be making it many more times. Probably as a base for the oreo/coffee shake as well 😀

• Sally on June 24, 2013 at 6:08 pm

So glad you tried it Regina! Banana whip is too good to be true. Love the idea of cookie crumbles on top. YUM!

5. Jenny B. on June 17, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Ahhhh! Sally! You are amazing. Whipped frozen bananas?!?! Never would have tried that expecting anything other than banana-ey tasting stuff. Is it weird that sometimes I pretend like you are my long-lost-sister and we sit around a bowl of cookie dough, talking about our loves of peanut butter? Truth. 😉

6. Julie @ Table for Two on June 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm

ahhh I’m SO intrigued by this!! it’s blowing my mind that it doesn’t taste like bananas!! how can something that’s made with 2 bananas taste nothing like it?? i must make this soon 🙂 this is seriously awesome!

7. Alexis @ deliciousfoodideas.net on June 18, 2013 at 12:56 am

YUM! Cookies and Cream (along with cookie dough) is my favourite flavour. That and caramel, and chocolate. Ok I don’t have a favourite, just a dessert issue and future diabetes.

Thanks for the banana whip trick. Can’t wait to give it a go.

8. Lisa Jones on June 18, 2013 at 11:07 am

“Whoa” is what I said when I saw this. I am a recovering ice cream junkie. My 2 favorite flavors : cookies and cream and peanut butter. I will try this for sure; wondering if bananas with a bit of peanut butter will work as well. Excited to try!

Thanks Sally!

P.S How cute are those glasses?

• Sally on June 18, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I know – I love the glasses! I think I got them at Home Goods

9. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar on June 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Your milkshakes have been looking so yummy! I love the frozen bananas! Just the idea of a skinny milkshake rocks, but the cookies and cream makes it that much better!

10. Jocelyn @ BruCrew Life on June 18, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I need one of these…like yesterday!! I love me some banana milkshakes!!

11. Nutmeg Nanny on June 19, 2013 at 9:38 am

I need this baby right now. Oh, how I love milkshakes 🙂

12. Jaclyn on June 19, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I love anything cookies and cream! These look amazing!

13. Erin @ Texanerin Baking on June 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I came on over to finally leave my review on the butterscotch cookies and I have a ton to catch up on over here but holy cow. I just had to see this recipe! It looks SO good. Love, love, love your skinny recipes!

And DOG! 😀 Definitely more doggie pictures, please.

14. Alisha on June 29, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Made this with peanut butter oreos (I saw them at the store and could not pass them up.) Yum!

15. Erin on July 5, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I am OBSESSED with the cookies and cream recipe! I am going to rejoin weight watchers because of this recipe. I have made it every other day!
    I substitute almond milk for 30 calorie (light) VANILLA flavoured almond milk. Per recipe there is only 7.5 calories of almond milk! I also add a dash of vanilla flavoring when blending the bananas and almond milk together.
    This feels like such a great but it is only 6 WW points for a full 16oz cup full.
    THABK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

16. Erin on July 12, 2013 at 9:38 am

Love the idea but certainly not guilt-free if including oreos and cool whip. I’m sure there is some way to make it a bit better using gluten/grain-free homemade oreos (there are tons of recipes on pinterest), real whipped cream and maybe coconut milk? Thanks for the idea, though! I will attempt a “healthified” version 😉

• Sally on July 12, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Hi Erin! Thanks for your opinion! Not everyone follows a GF/grain free diet. “Healthy” is an all relative term. Real whipped cream or coconut milk would be great additions. Enjoy!

• Annie on January 18, 2015 at 10:48 pm

So late to the party but SERIOUSLY. Everybody’s got a different set of criteria for “healthy”. I don’t see the big deal with cool whip and a couple oreos now and then…. or the heavy cream. It’s all about moderation.

And pretty sure bananas and almond milk are considered good for you by most circles. 😛

Sally – I’m scared to try banana whip because I don’t like banana flavour!! Promise you can’t taste it!?

• Sally on January 19, 2015 at 7:38 am

If you add enough other ingredients, you truly can’t taste it! However, I have had readers say that they can detect banana flavor, but that depends on the tastebuds in my opinion.

17. James on August 28, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I want to try this! So does it taste like bananas at all?

• Sally on August 29, 2013 at 7:21 am

I personally don’t think so, as well as many other readers. However, some have mentioned they believe it does.

• Erin on August 29, 2013 at 7:33 am

My kids and I eat this a few times a week. It doesn’t taste like bananas at all.

18. Jesse on October 22, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Hi Sally – I just made this, but instead of adding cookies I added cookie butter. Around a tablespoon (ok, maybe more) :). You’ve probably already tried, but it’s really yummy. Love all your recipes and can’t wait to get your book!

19. Marissa on February 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Totally curious..what kind of blender you have? I’ve tried the banana whip in mine and it just won’t blend down…

20. Franky on February 20, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Nomming on this right now….in heaven! I added a little bit of vanilla extract just to give it a little extra umph!

21. Britni on March 6, 2014 at 7:30 pm

So this just changed my life!!! I used almond milk and thin mints (yay girl scout season!!) came out AMAZING!!!!

22. Jennifer on June 9, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I make this quite often and I use a little bit of vanilla extract and some cocoa powder to mask the banana flavor for those who aren’t a fan. It works pretty well. 🙂 Also, if you like cherries you can put frozen cherries in and it is divine!!

23. Celin on November 11, 2014 at 9:25 am

omg this is so fanastic!

24. Tavia on March 14, 2015 at 8:34 pm

So I know you said in the notes you could sub greek yogurt for the cool whip but will that give the same creamy consistency? Just wondering. I love the idea of getting an extra kick of protein. Love your blog btw. Stumbled onto it while browsing Pinterest.

• Sally on March 15, 2015 at 4:55 pm

With vanilla greek yogurt, I personally think it is just as creamy and tasty.

25. elaine tiballa on May 2, 2015 at 3:01 am

i would like to ask something, is this a standard recipe? 🙂 Anyhow, i love your recipes and this site! Thank you, hope you’ll answer my question. 🙂

• Sally on May 2, 2015 at 7:02 am

Yep, standard cups

26. Kayla on May 12, 2015 at 8:58 am

Can i use whipping cream instead of cool whip?
    If i can, how much do i use?
    I want to make it, it looks soo good!

• Sally on May 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I would suggest vanilla greek yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt/ice cream instead.

• kayla on May 12, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Can i use redi whip?
        And is frozen cool whip cool whip that is frozen?

27. Allie on May 19, 2015 at 9:00 pm

this looks so good.

28. Myra on January 11, 2016 at 8:15 am

Aww the recipes are really good and your dog assitant is so cute!!!!

29. Deborah Shewmaker on July 23, 2016 at 6:48 am

Also looking for Skinny Jamocha Shake, Skinny Orange ream Shake, Skinny Chocolate Banana Shake, and any other skinny shakes that tastes good.

Reviews