The Countdown Begins
Ladies and gents, it’s almost here.
My very first cookbook hits the shelves soon. Someone pinch me. Am I dreaming?
I began writing my cookbook last May. I finished my manuscript in September. And my book went to the printers in December.
My editor told me that my cookbook will take longer to print than most cookbooks because… it’s so colorful.
Each chapter has a different color scheme, sort of like a rainbow.
Yes, I’m 5 years old.
I will be receiving something today that will instantly brighten up my week. I desperately need some good news after this disaster and did I mention my car battery died the day after? Yeah. My life.
My hands are shaking as I type this and I couldn’t sleep last night in excitement. I am receiving my advanced copy TODAY! I can barely breathe. Looking at the finalized product is a feeling I’ve been dreaming about since I lost my grandmother, to whom my cookbook is dedicated. I started my blog 2 weeks after she passed. Grandma was a baker. And I know that sharing my recipes with the world would make her proud.
This cookbook is a result of hard work, determination, focus, and patience. A whole lot of patience, a quality I definitely am not blessed with. I created, tested, retested, retested again, baked, styled, shot, edited, and wrote every single recipe in the book. I feel like I didn’t sleep for 5 straight months.
If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. If you plan to pre-order my cookbook, thank you. If you plan to buy it when it hits stores, thank you. If you’re even READING this post, thank you.
Here’s the Good News for YOU!
I just heard this week that the cookbook release date has been moved up! If you have pre-ordered my cookbook, yours will ship out in February. The book will hit stores in March. There WILL be an electronic version available for tablets. I can’t really control when stores will have the books in, but I do know that any cookbook preorders will ship out in February.
Happy dance, party time, pour the champagne, get jiggy wit’ it. What?
Ok, I’m slightly excited. A few previews for you…
This chocolate swirly twirly cake? You won’t even believe it. It’s in the Healthy Choices section of the book, by the way.
You’ll find it on page 154.
I’ve showed you this picture before. What on earth is it?!?!
Here it is again:
There’s caramel, there’s chocolate, there’s ice cream.
You’ll find it on page 78.
This mind-blowing muffin was the first recipe I shot for my cookbook on May 12th 2013.
You’ll find it on page 14.
These cupcakes are fruity and stuffed and fluffy and soft and you won’t even believe what the frosting is.
Here they are again:
You’ll love them. They’re on page 124.
This chocolate stuff. I almost fainted when I tasted it.
You’ll find it on page 84.
Yes. That is all.
Things ‘n Stuff in the Book
* Grams. You asked me for it, so I’m doing it! Every single recipe is written with both cup measurements and gram measurements.
* Photos. Every single recipe has a photo that I styled and shot. I have a bookshelf full of cookbooks and one of my pet peeves is reading a recipe and not seeing a picture to go along with it.
* Easy. Every single recipe is just as uncomplicated, approachable, and unfussy as the goodies you know and love from my website. They’re relatively quick and kid-friendly, too. Perfect for both novice AND experienced bakers.
* Healthy. You don’t have to kiss your skinny jeans good-bye. My longest chapter is my Healthy Choices section. I love to revamp indulgent recipes to fit a healthier lifestyle. I include vegan and gluten free goodies as well.
* Learn. You’ll learn a few important baking techniques, shortcuts, and lessons. I grew up enjoying pies made from scratch and I’ll show you that homemade goodness is relatively simple.
* Yum. You will also learn that s’mores shouldn’t only be enjoyed around a campfire.
Pre-order a copy today!
Would it be weird if I slept with my cookbook under my pillow tonight? I won’t be able to let go of it.