3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.

No added sugars or fake stuff - only 3 delicious ingredients to make these healthy, fruity popsicles!

How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do?

While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)

If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.

Yep, we are officially moving! I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!

Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.

Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.

Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.

Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.

You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.

I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.

Yup yup, that’s it.

Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.

Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.

3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles

Ingredients:

• 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)

Special Equipment

Directions:

1. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
  2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
  3. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes:

1. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes next!

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

See more gluten free recipes.

See more vegan recipes.

See more frozen treats.

Comments

1. Laur on June 23, 2014 at 10:49 am

Congrats on finding a house!!! And welcome home ;o)

2. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel on June 23, 2014 at 11:07 am

Can’t beat three ingredient popsicles that are made in the blender and in seconds! I have a feeling this will be a new summertime staple around my house 🙂 and speaking of houses, congratulations on finding one in Philly! I wish I was there to help you pack all those props (since alas, I know the feeling ALL too well!) 😉

• Sally on June 23, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Haha I know you know the feeling Hayley! With each new box I fill, I continue to ask myself WHY did I need this 7th white plate? Or these 6 different glasses that actually look exactly the same that I have never used in food photography.

3. Beth @ bethcakes on June 23, 2014 at 11:12 am

Ahh, I love these! I have been wanting to make popsicles of every flavor recently. This is such a good flavor combination, and I especially love the pineapple juice in there. It could also be fun to add a little rum. 😉 And who could turn down a perfectly pink popsicle like this! So pretty!

• Sally on June 23, 2014 at 12:50 pm

RUM! I knew I loved ya for a reason, Beth.

4. Anna (Hidden Ponies) on June 23, 2014 at 11:34 am

Wow, how exciting!! (except for the packing part 🙂 ) These popsicles are perfect for summer, I love having an excuse to pull out my popsicle molds regularly!

5. Lynn Bradshaw on June 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I have the same spatula you do !! The pink one that says eat,drink, bake!! I saw in in your photo.

6. Nora (A Clean Bake) on June 23, 2014 at 1:04 pm

This is such a great, versatile recipe! I am going to try it with raspberries instead of strawberries, since that is what I have on hand. I love that it is refined-sugar-free, but still sweet, rich and creamy. The banana is a perfect addition!

7. Michele on June 23, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I made these popsicles for my 18 month old daughter and she absolutely loves them! My husband also loves them and he isn’t a big sweets person and he requested that these become a staple in our house for the summer!

• Sally on June 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I’m glad you already tried them! Thanks for reporting back Michele.

8. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet on June 23, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Eek! So exciting! Hope you will share photos of your new home, Sally!
    And how fun are these! Love the color and how easy these pops are! Sharing!

9. Dana on June 23, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Wow Sally these look great! I keep getting sick from eating ice cream, and I looked on the ingredient list and was horrified with all the chemicals. It looked like it had as chemicals as paint! This is a perfect substitute- thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to make this soon! 🙂

• Sally on June 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thanks Dana! Hope you enjoy.

10. Mary Frances on June 23, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Haha, LOVE the bonus #2! These have an awesome color and I love how easy and healthy they are. Oh girl, I’d rather not think about how many plates I have in varying shades of pink. It is a problem 😉

• Sally on June 23, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a pink plate problem lol.

11. Jess @ On Sugar Mountain on June 23, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Congrats on moving to a new place with a bigger kitchen!! And these popsicles sound absolutely lovely for summer. I pretty much adore strawberry banana EVERYTHING so they are right up my alley. 😀

12. Megan O on June 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Yay! Welcome home 🙂 We only live 40 mins from Philly!

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:24 am

Sweet! I’ll have some book signings in the area – I’ll keep the blog updated with the locations and dates!

13. Caley on June 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Congratulations on the house! Moving can be so stressful, but I hope you enjoy the change 🙂 These popsicles look amazing, and I love the idea of using pineapple juice! The other day I bought some popsicles that were *supposedly* pineapple lemon, and they tasted like NOTHING! So mad. So these are just what I need 😀

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:23 am

Pineapple lemon does sound pretty good though! Maybe you can try a homemade version since you were disappointed Caley!

14. Kate @ Diethood on June 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Congrats on the move!! Philly is beautiful!! Sorry about the props, though… goodness, that was me back in December. SO.not.fun!

And the popsicles?! Ohmahgosh! Beautiful color and of course delicious! Bananas and strawberries are total besties. Always!

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:20 am

I’m glad you know what I’m talking about Kate – what a nightmare!!

15. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking on June 23, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Oh my goodness Sally, that’s so exciting about moving!! Especially to a house instead of an apartment. To have space to spread out, not share walls with 3 other neighbors, have a yard for Jude… I’m so happy for you!! 🙂 We’re going to go through a similar process at the end of August, and I’m dreading packing up my kitchen and food blog stuff. It’ll be sad not to be able to use it for a while! And these popsicles… Ohmygosh, I’d definitely eat all 6 in one day. It’s always between 95-110° here during the summer, so popsicles are a necessity to stay cool and sane!

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:19 am

Thanks Amy! Packing has been an absolute nightmare but it will all be worth it when I have a kitchen that is actually a “room” and not just a hallway, which is sort of what mine is now. It is SO small. Looking forward to that yard for Jude too – you are so sweet. Good luck with your big move this summer! Stay cool.

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking on June 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’m so excited for your bigger kitchen Sally! Even though we live in a house, ours is about the size of a hallway too. There isn’t room for a proper pantry, so all of my baking supplies are on a shelf in the dining area. I’m sure you can relate! 😉

16. Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat. on June 23, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love this!! I can’t wait to make these for my picky 5 year daughter. She loves Popsicles, so how could she not love these?!

17. Cathy on June 24, 2014 at 2:27 am

I can’t wait to try this! I’ve always been intimidated to make popsicles, but this seems so easy! Thanks for including the link to the mold too!

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:17 am

Don’t be intimidated! These have to be the easiest thing in the world. Hardly any work involved. Enjoy!

18. Mel on June 24, 2014 at 6:00 am

These look divine, Sally! It is rather rare for me to find recipes I can make without having to change something or other for my toddler who is allergic to … well… everything! I can make these for her and I am sure her big brother and sister (and me!) will try them as well! Thanks for sharing yet another yummy recipe. Congratulations to Kevin for the new job, and how exciting you have found a house you like!

• Sally on June 24, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thanks for all the kind words Mel! I’m glad this recipe works for your children – and you! Enjoy.

19. becky on June 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Wow! I have been craving some homemade healthy popsicles and these look to die for! Recipe definitely saved. Brilliant post ^_^

20. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie on June 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Oh my gosh I saved packing my kitchen for last. Mostly because I was still cooking up until nearly my move-out date but also because there was so much stuff! Loving these popsicles btw.

• Sally on June 26, 2014 at 11:02 am

Soooo much stuff. This kitchen (even though it is extremely teeny tiny) will take me over a week to pack. Maybe I’m slow. Haha I just hate packing. Thanks Erin, you have to try these!

21. Annie @ Annie's Noms on June 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Yay to moving to a place with a bigger kitchen! I constantly find myself out of space and my ever increasing stash of food props and baking tins is slowly taking over the rest of the house! These look delicious, you totally got me started on freezing banana last year, been obsessed with healthy milkshakes ever since, now I need to break out my popsicle mold!

• Sally on June 27, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Yeah! You’ll soon be addicted to popsicle making, Annie. Truuuuust me.

22. Suzannah on June 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Gonna try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. You can get nice popsicle molds much more reasonably priced at any “dollar” store as well. Better yet – buy a small bag of popsicle sticks at a craft store and re-use your yogurt cups for the molds.

23. Del's cooking twist on June 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Hi Sally! I’m catching up with your last recipes and this one is a beautiful one for this Summer. It looks both very refreshing and healthy. And I adore the lovely pink color! I’m also glad to read you’re moving in a house by the way. What a year for you: between the cookbook release, the wedding and now moving in a house, wow! Enjoy and keep up the very good work, we love you as you are!

• Sally on June 29, 2014 at 7:41 am

Del, what a sweet comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to say all these thoughtful things! I’m very excited about a house too – no more teeny tiny apartment! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. 🙂

24. Austria on June 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

I made these popsicles last week. They were super easy to make! I used orange juice since i don’t do pineapple & maybe had too many strawberries (mine weren’t large) so i had to add an extra 1/2 of a banana. Just ate one yesterday & they are fantastic! Will definitely make again. Looking forward to other flavors perhaps…..? Good luck with the packing & the moving!

25. Elizabeth on July 1, 2014 at 10:50 am

Made these on Sunday and we had them last night for dessert. My daughters loved them! And so did the grown ups! This is a keeper for sure.

26. Mel on July 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I made these for my children last week pretty much straight after reading your post. We didn’t have pineapple juice at home so we went for orange juice, and these easy / quick treats were a hit with them all! Mel

• Sally on July 5, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Mel! So glad you’re enjoying them.

27. Serena on July 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Yay no more buying expensive (unhealthy) pops from seven-eleven everyday…
    Living in Malaysia is sure damn hot =P

28. jeff barbieri on April 18, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Hi. Was wondering why freeze the bananas ahead of time?

29. Daisy on May 22, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Could I make this using the Zoku machine?

30. Maureen on May 24, 2015 at 10:57 pm

OMG those look so yummy!!!!
    Just wondering if u could use frozen strawberries thawed & drained instead of real strawberries.  The frozen ones might be cheaper & make more than 6 Popsicles I’m guessing.?

• Sally on May 25, 2015 at 9:50 am

Maureen, frozen thawed drained strawberries will work here!

Reviews