What It’s Like to Write a Cookbook.

In pictures.

Sally's Candy Addiction-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Fudge Making-3

Sally's Candy Addiction Caramel Making-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Fudge Making

Sally's Candy Addiction Book

I forget what a tidy kitchen looks like. I keep Nestle Toll House in business. I’ve accidentally gone out in public with chocolate smears on my face, twice. My dishwasher is on constant. I made 19 batches of caramel until I landed on the perfect combination of ingredients. I have 4 back up batteries for my camera and approximately 36 lbs of sugar in my pantry.

Because of your support, friendship, and encouragement I decided to write and photograph another cookbook for you. Sally’s Candy Addiction. 75+ recipes for fudge, truffles, toffee, caramel, chocolate covered everything, brittle, bark, plus two chapters of recipes baked WITH your favorite candy (that’s why I asked you!).

Coming Fall 2015. Yes, this year!

Sally's Candy Addiction Caramel Making-3

Comments

1. Jeanne K on January 9, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Awesome. Good for you. Way to go. I wish you all the success with your new cookbook. I know many people will enjoy it as will I. 🙂

2. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar on January 9, 2015 at 8:27 pm

So pumped for you girlie! Another fab book coming our way. Yahoo!

3. Jessica @ Sprinkle Some Sugar on January 9, 2015 at 8:39 pm

That’s so awesome, congrats on your second cookbook Sally! What an achievement! I can’t wait to get my hands on it! 🙂 p.s can I just say that the photo with all of the chocolate is a BEAUTIFUL sight. <3

4. [email protected] on January 9, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us!!! My kitchen often looks like yours….and I don’t have a dishwasher 🙁

5. Jessica on January 9, 2015 at 9:59 pm

This is so exciting! You work so hard and it shows in how delicious every one of your recipes are!!! Congratulations and tonsssss of successful vibes sent your way! 🙂

6. Shelby @ Go Eat and Repeat on January 9, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Sally you are a true inspiration to all of us food bloggers out there. I hope to have only a portion of the success you have experienced in your site. Congratulations

7. Shelby on January 9, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Love your recipes, Sally. Recognized several recipes I make in your candy recipe photos. One you must include is a new one to me this year- Walnut Maple Fudge- so so good! Check it out! I’m sure you can make it your own.

• Sally on January 10, 2015 at 8:16 am

Already included. 😉

8. Kim on January 10, 2015 at 12:05 am

!!!! So. Excited! (And I don’t make candy. NOW THAT CAN CHANGE!) Congratulations Sally, you are amazing and I am so thankful for your website and cookbook (both of which are my go-tos for baking recipes, now). 🙂

9. Samantha @ Samantha's Kitchen Table on January 10, 2015 at 7:38 am

How EXCITING!!!! Your recipes are always a no fail. I’ve made countless items from your recipe collection and they are always spot on. the peanut butter cupcakes are truly the BEST, most melt in your mouth cupcake that I’ve ever eaten. Perfection! I cannot wait for this new cookbook. It’ll be fun to follow along in your process. A cookbook is a far away dream of mine (maybe once the kiddos are both in school) but I have to say that you are so inspiring. Best of luck, I know it’s going to be a HUGE success!

10. Laur on January 10, 2015 at 8:06 am

So thiiiiiis is the surprise you were talking about!!! Well, I cannot tell you how HAPPY and PROUD I am of you for going with your dreams, Sally. You’re such a great person and comes across both on your blog and in person. I cannot wait to continue along with you by baking oodles and oodles of sugary deliciousness. haha!

11. Emily on January 10, 2015 at 9:32 am

Yay, congratulations! I have only recently found your blog but I adore it and you’ve inspired me to start baking which is quite a big thing considering I am awful in the kitchen!

I can’t wait until it’s published!

xx

12. candymeister on January 10, 2015 at 11:07 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 I love all your recipes SO much!!!

13. Christina @ The Beautiful Balance on January 10, 2015 at 1:05 pm

So excited for this book!!! You deserve such a great success.

14. Heather on January 10, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I LOVE Caramel!!! I make a syrup to put in my fresh ground coffee every morning with real cream! I have it with the apple cider donuts that I make with extra wheat flour and fresh apple to boost the health to feel better about my coffee and caramel habit. I have made the donuts like 10 times and I make double batches! Can’t wait for more great food and “candy”. I will just have to increase the running miles.;)

Thanks Heather

15. Natalie Munroe on January 10, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Oh no! I’m in trouble now. A CANDY cookbook? On top of the BAKING cookbook? How will I ever get my own work done now (since I’ll be cooking up treats constantly)? And how will I not send my family into sugar shock? Lol.

Yay to another cookbook! Yay to you! Can’t wait till it comes out. That Oreo fudge in the photo looks like…oh my! MUST MAKE.

You’re a star! Congrats!

• Sally on January 11, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Knew you’d be excited Natalie!

16. Atticus on January 10, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Haha, I think your pictures sum up a cookbook very well 🙂 Beautiful!

17. Dana on January 11, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Hi Sally is this a new cookbook or pictures from your last one?
    **Your pictures look amazing ◕‿- great photographic eye!

• Sally on January 11, 2015 at 9:58 pm

pictures from the new one out this fall!

18. Katie | Healthy Seasonal Recipes on January 11, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Love hearing that even superstars like you get a bit messy when it comes to busting out a cookbook. I just handed in my manuscript for my own lil’ cookbook on Dec 31, and I have no idea what to expect next. Very exciting and humbling to go through this experience.

• Sally on January 11, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Amazing! Congrats Katie!

19. Luv What You Do on January 11, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Those pics have my mouth watering!!! Congrats on the cookbook!

20. Andrea {Chocolate & Sea Salt} on January 11, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats?!?!? YUM! And very fun focus for the cookbook!

21. Elizabeth on January 11, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Can’t wait for this to come out! I made your salted caramel (along with some of your sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms) for my family members this year for Christmas and it was a total hit! Thank you for all of your step-by-step photos and recipe testing, everything I have tried from your blog has been incredible!

22. [email protected] on January 11, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Congrats, girl!!!! I can’t wait to add it to my cookbook collection.

23. aimee @ like mother like daughter on January 12, 2015 at 2:27 am

Sally, I just saw the news via instagram and had to come and say congratulations! What an exciting year 2014 was foe you, and another cookbook in another year. You truly are amazing!

24. [email protected] Occasions on January 12, 2015 at 2:47 am

This is so wonderful! The pictures say volumes. How exciting!

25. Ashley | Our Full Table on January 13, 2015 at 10:14 am

So happy for you Sally! I cannot wait for the new book!

26. Teija on January 13, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Congratulations! That’s wonderful news for all of us who love your recipes…my daughter gave me your cookbook for Christmas – probably my favorite gift…now I will put your new cookbook on my list for this Christmas 😉 Thanks for such delicious recipes!

• Sally on January 14, 2015 at 7:32 am

What a sweet gift. 🙂 Thank you Teija!

27. Kristy on January 13, 2015 at 7:27 pm

You seriously rock!!

28. Diana on January 15, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Sally, I love your recipes because I know they will always turn out perfectly. Your last cookbook was amazing and I’m sure this one will be too! Congrats.

29. Laura @ My Friend's Bakery on January 15, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Congratulations! I love seeing pictures of the mess in other kitchens – it makes me feel more normal!

30. Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com on January 20, 2015 at 1:24 pm

These pictures! Hah. Love it. Congrats on another!

Reviews