Honey Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade.

Cold and refreshing, this 4 ingredient strawberry lemonade is sweetened with honey and full of flavor!

Cold and refreshing, this 4 ingredient strawberry lemonade has ZERO refined sugar and is FULL of incredible, healthy flavor!

Still going strong on my sugar break. After cooking about 1,000 candy recipes this winter, I find myself craving anything but sweet right now. I sat on the couch eating the saltiest lime flavored tortilla chips the other night, which was almost as satisfying as this very green juice and one very savory pie I also made this week. Who am I?

This will, of course, all change on Easter morning when I sink my teeth into my annual Cadbury Creme Egg with a side of Starburst jelly beans. And in about ten minutes when I taste the cookie dough I have chilling in the refrigerator. (Update: 10 minutes has past and the cookie dough obviously hits the spot.)

Today’s recipe is simple and refreshing. It’s a recipe for all of us seasonally challenged kids-at-heart who have already dusted off our baskets of flip-flops and stowed away our mittens and scarves. I’ve been sipping it for the past 3 days channeling my summer lemonade-loving self. To make it? Easy. All this wildly fruity drink takes is a truckload of juicy strawberries, lemons, honey, water, and a blender. Straws with hot pink hearts are optional, but they make every drink more appealing, no?

Also optional: a wonderfully cheesy yet adorable pitcher with dancing lemons and the words “please,” “squeeze,” and “breeze” on it. It’s pretty old. I bought it outlet shopping at a small kitchen store. I secretly LOVE it.

If I had one word to describe this perfectly pink drink, it would be fresh. Faaaaa-resh. There’s a guaranteed “ahhhhhhh” after every satisfying, healthy sip. What I love most is that it’s not overly sweetened like the sugary lemonade drinks we’re used to. Rather, you have complete control over the sweetness. If your strawberries are extra sweet, scale back on the honey. If you want your drink a little sweeter, add more.

I make the drink with Sunkist Meyer lemons. Did you know? The Meyer lemon is actually a cross between a lemon and an orange or mandarin. Because of their sweeter taste and lower acidity, Meyer Lemons are especially fabulous in lemon-based desserts and homemade lemonade (all while requiring less sugar!). Keep this in mind if you use regular lemons in this strawberry lemonade– taste and add more honey as you see fit.

Meyer Lemons | Honey Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade

Let’s not ignore the fact that this embarrassingly easy drink is the perfect place to add some PARTY. Add a splash of rum or citrus-flavored vodka and you’ll instantly be transported to a tropical island.

Sand between your toes, girly drink, steel drums, and a cool ocean breeze…

Tomorrow’s forecast calls for snow. Womp womp.

Honey Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade

Cold and refreshing, this 4 ingredient strawberry lemonade is sweetened with honey and full of flavor. It's a healthier homemade alternative to sugary lemonade drinks.

Ingredients:

• 1 and 1/2 pounds strawberries, washed and halved
  • 6 cups water
  • juice of 4 Sunkist Meyer Lemons1
  • 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)

Directions:

1. Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the strawberries. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
  2. Add the strawberries2, 2 cups of water, the lemon juice, and honey to the blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the remaining water. Taste. Stir in more honey if you'd like it sweeter.
  3. Serve over ice. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes:

1. If using regular Sunkist lemons, keep in mind that Meyer lemons are naturally less acidic and somewhat sweeter. So, you might need to add more honey. Simply taste it and add more as you please. For strawberry limeade, simply use the juice of about 6 limes instead.
  2. If you'd like to strain the strawberries, I suggest blending them with only 1 cup of water, then straining into a pitcher. Then stir in the remaining water, lemon juice, and honey. Not straining is best, though. You get all the strawberry goodness!

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Can I tempt you for a Strawberry Kiwi Margarita this weekend? Cheers.

Strawberry Kiwi Margaritas

I’m working with Sunkist to bring you today’s fresh and simple recipe. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands I love! This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

1. Bell Santiago on March 20, 2015 at 8:42 pm

This sounds so delicious and easy, perfect!!!!

2. Michelle { A Latte Food } on March 20, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Cadbury eggs are a thing of glory! And the caramel ones? I die. I’m also dying over this lemonade. Made with honey? Sold!

3. Virginie I Elle & Gourmande on March 21, 2015 at 1:33 am

I love homemade lemonade, so easy and yummy. I would love to try Meyer lemons, but here in Europe we don’t have those kind of lemons. Love your colored pictures.

4. Emma on March 21, 2015 at 3:21 am

I’ve never tried making my own “drinks” but this would be such a crows pleaser for when I have some of my girlfriends over. Talk about take the standard, tea, coffee, water to the next level!

5. SpringFlavoured on March 21, 2015 at 6:07 am

Oh my goodness this looks so delicious! I am so jelous right now, but here in Seoul fruits are soo expensive and I don’t have a kitchen, but as soon as I am back home I am going to try it right out 😀

6. Marina on March 21, 2015 at 11:16 am

Made a pitcher of this goodness this morning! My kids love it. Thanks for sharing, Sally. I love all your drink recipes.

7. Lisa | Sweet 2 Eat Baking on March 21, 2015 at 7:41 pm

This looks like the perfect refreshment to start spring off. And I’m loving how it’s naturally sweetened too.

The mayer lemons seem intriguing since they’re a hybrid – we only get regular lemons here.

8. truly, Addia on March 21, 2015 at 8:56 pm

this looks and sounds really refreshing! i just got strawberries today too!

9. [email protected] on March 22, 2015 at 4:50 pm

This strawberry lemonade looks AMAZING! I love that it doesn’t have any added sugar too!

10. The Domestic Rebel on March 22, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Swooning over this gorgeous strawberry lemonade, Sally! It looks so bright and refreshing 🙂 Love that it’s sweetened with honey, too!

11. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking on March 22, 2015 at 7:43 pm

It really sounds like you need to come visit California Sally… Yesterday it was over 80° and I got sunburned going on a walk with my best friend! And yes, flip flops have definitely been around for the past 3 weeks. Spring has already sprung and we’re headed towards summer, so come on over! 😉

• Sally on March 23, 2015 at 8:10 am

Jealous!!

12. Mary @chattavore on March 28, 2015 at 11:15 am

This is making me thirsty, Sally! Strawberries aren’t in where I live just yet but it’s right around the corner and I CAN’T WAIT!

13. julie on June 27, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Now that it is summer, have you ever tried it with frozen strawberries?

• Sally on June 27, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I haven’t, but I can’t see why thawed frozen strawberries wouldn’t work!

14. Edi - SunCakeMom on November 8, 2016 at 6:31 am

It’s looks so tastie I would rush off right now to get some strawberries if I hadn’t known that there aren’t any in the shops in November… I can’t wait the Spring!

15. Shantelle on October 31, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I made this and it was Great! It is one of my favorite recipes! Note: it tastes best the second day, because it is not frothy from the blender, and the flavors blend. For best results stir before drinking it. Keep it up Sally! I love your recipes!

16. Erin on May 15, 2018 at 10:30 am

This looks great, Sally! I love all your stuff and swear by it to all my friends. The strawberry lemonade I’ve been making has *gasp* a cup of sugar in it. Any idea how many cups of strawberries it is or how many cups of purée it becomes? Also how much lemon juice? We don’t have those type of lemons where I live overseas, nor are strawberries sold by the pound…

• Sally on May 17, 2018 at 6:37 am

Hi Erin! 1 pound of strawberries is 16-20 medium strawberries and purees down into a littler more than 1 cup. (You need 1 and 1/2 lbs here.) 1 Meyer lemon has about 2 Tbsp juice. Use about 8 Tbsp (1/2 cup) here. If you don’t have Meyer lemons and use regular lemons, use about 1/2 cup juice. You may need to increase the sugar as Meyers are a little sweeter.

Reviews