Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart.

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart-- gluten free and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Greetings from St. Louis! Yesterday was my sister’s bridal shower. Great food, friends, family, greeeeeat mimosas! Sarah lives here with her fiancé, Charlie, and two pups. They’re getting married in Baltimore, (where they met) in June. No, the dogs aren’t coming. Trust me I begged.

Before I hopped on the plane Friday morning, I whipped up this healthy breakfast tart. It’s not a typical tart– there’s no added refined sugar, flour, or butter. And YES! It’s seriously tasty. Especially if you love fresh fruit.

This healthy tart is so simple. One of the easiest dishes you’ll throw together considering how pretty (!!) it is. There’s no baking involved and the whole thing comes together in a snap. Slicing the fruit will take you the longest but hey! If you slice the fruit the night before, you’ll have this ready in about 15 minutes.

The tart’s crust is made from two healthy ingredients– nuts and dates. The same main two ingredients used to make these two healthy energy bites recipes. If you don’t have dates, raisins or even dried cranberries make a great replacement. Cashews are preferred for their smooth texture and buttery taste. They combine with the dates much easier to make a smooth, moist crust as opposed to harder nuts like almonds. Walnuts work too! If you have a strong food processor or blender, the crust is easy. Pulse the two ingredients together to make a moist “dough” and press it into a tart pan. Instead of a tart pan, you can use a regular cake pan or pie dish.

Spread Greek yogurt overtop. I use vanilla flavor, but any flavor you like will work. You could use strawberry flavor yogurt and top the tart with mostly fresh strawberries. I’m going to use lemon flavor next. Plain works too! Really, whatever you have or like best.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Now, let your creative juices flow. Top the tart with all the fresh fruit you love. Nothing is off limits here. Make a design or throw it all on top. Or slice it up and let your family/friends/guests/fruit lovers decorate their own.

I had a little too much fun decorating this. Tart nerd.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

So how’s this for a protein-packed breakfast? Or a healthy dessert. It’s my healthier version of traditional fruit pizza or fruit tart and it’s absolutely perfect for Easter morning. Or anytime the sun is shining! Oh, and pair it with sparkling sangria for a truly fruity celebration.

Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Ingredients:

• 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes1
  • 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews2
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
  • assorted sliced fresh fruit

Directions:

1. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don't mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don't have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
  2. Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
  3. Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
  4. Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.
  5. Make ahead tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Recipe Notes:

1. Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
  2. Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don't recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

See more gluten free recipes.

Comments

1. Ainslee on May 9, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Wow! This dish is so beautiful! I just made the crust for Mother’s Day (tomorrow), and I don’t own a food processor or a blender. All I did was cut up both the cashews and the dates the best that I could. I also added some water to the mixture to help it mix easier. Though, my dough wasn’t as mixed, I love seeing the dates and cashews in there!

2. Fran on May 10, 2015 at 10:48 pm

i made this for Mothers Day brunch……it is very tasty, but I knew as soon as I spread the date mixture onto the parchment paper that it was not going to come off without a messy fight. Fortunately I made the base the night before and put it in the fridge. It was still impossible to lift off the parchment paper so Before loading it with the topping I flipped it over onto the oil spray in the pan and scraped the paper off the date mixture, continued with the topping and hoped I could serve it without a total mess…..it wasn’t easy to serve, but we managed. Probably won’t be making it again.

3. Làm Đẹp on May 18, 2015 at 5:44 am

It is amazing
    After I posted this recipe on my facebook, there are 10K likes and 1000 shares
    I have a cafe shop and I think I will use this recipe for my customer
    Thanks

4. Laura Khol on May 24, 2015 at 12:10 am

Tasty, but not as good as I expected. Maybe I have rich taste buds but I would serve this as a side, not dessert. Vanilla geek yogurt was a little thin for this purpose…might try adding  4oz reduced fat cream cheese next time?  I appreciate the strive for healthier living though! Thanks for sharing.

5. Chris Kirby on May 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm

What is the nutritional break down if there are eight servings?  Thanks,  it’s scrumptious, by the way!

6. Bianca on September 12, 2015 at 2:33 am

Thank you Sally. This was a delicious Saturday afternoon treat. Amazing and healthy. Bonus points for being gluten free. Love! Thanks again

7. Kelly Morehouse on September 17, 2015 at 11:36 am

I found this recipe on Pinterest as a healthy alternative for a birthday cake. I made it last night with a half date half raisen mixture in the crust. Wow this was delicious! My husband ate it right up and we are currently eating leftovers for breakfast. This was amazing thank you so much for sharing!

8. Sam on October 8, 2015 at 2:37 am

Hey, this recipe looks like the perfect recipe I need to make for my home economics assignment, but I’m not allowed to use nuts, is there any substitute such as beans or chickpeas that I could use? Also, do you think prunes would work well instead of dates? Thanks

9. Dawn on January 15, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I found your website from a tweet I got from Udi’s. I am making the Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart for my daughter in law’s birthday today. As I was making the crust I kept tasting it and truly wanted to eat just that! I used cashews and raisins because that’s what I happen to have on hand. I can’t wait for her to taste the whole thing tonight. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

10. Lisa on February 4, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Hi Sally, I’ve finally reconciled myself to shopping, cooking and eating healthy, whole foods. Thank you for this beautiful, healthful tart. I will make it first chance I get! Gratefully yours, Lisa H.

11. Stephanie on February 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

Do you happen to know the calorie count in one serving?

12. Jill on April 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I made this the other day but in a mini tart/pie pan to bring to my friends house as a little snack. The one thing I did differently was baked it in the oven @350 for 10 minutes because I was worried bases on some reviews that they would stick to the pan otherwise. It worked like a dream and this is one of the quickest healthy and yummy desserts I’ve ever had! Will definitely be making this a lot this spring and summer. Thanks Sally for such a wonderful healthy option!

13. Chinky on April 27, 2016 at 3:50 am

Hi Sally! This tart looks amazing! Just a question, how long can I keep this in the fridge? Say I want to give it to somebody as a gift but that certain somebody does not consume it immediately, how long can they store it in the refrigerator? Thanks so much and SUPER LOVE your site and your creations!  : D

• Sally on April 28, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I’d say 2 days, max.

14. Bre on May 26, 2016 at 12:27 pm

I cannot wait to try this recipe! One question though I was wondering if ground flax would work? Or two ground seeds together or would it be too thin???

15. Faye Norton on June 9, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Do you need to soak the dried cranberries or raisins like you do the dates?

• Sally on June 11, 2016 at 9:19 am

Nope! Not necessary for either.

16. Jill on November 16, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Sally,

Could I use this crust for your Nutella tart? Do you think the flavors would work together?

• Sally on November 17, 2016 at 6:15 am

I’d say so! Though you don’t bake this crust, keep that in mind. It’s a raw crust. Let me know if you try it.

17. Desiree on February 22, 2017 at 11:21 pm

This looks wonderful. Can you please post the nutritional information?

Desiree

18. Elise on March 8, 2017 at 9:51 am

Is it possible to make the crust ahead of time and freeze it for later? Or do you think that would change the texture and taste? Thanks!

• Sally on March 8, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Elise, The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!

19. Diane on April 11, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Hi Sally. I only have regular chopped dates not medjools. Will they work and do I need to soak them.
    Thanks

20. Dara on April 14, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Hi,
      Would a thick coconut yogurt, like yoso, work in place of the Greek yogurt?

• Sally on April 15, 2017 at 10:35 am

If you like the taste of it, then yes! You’re not cooking it or anything so use any yogurt you like best.

21. Ashley on May 12, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I could only find regular dates, not medjools. Will those work? And if so, do I need to soak them? Thank you!

• Sally on May 13, 2017 at 8:30 am

that works and yes, I would soak them.

22. Nancy Kunkel on October 1, 2017 at 11:24 am

I made this fruit pizza for a group of friends yesterday and it was FABULOUS – a HUGE hit! The crust is brilliant…and unbelievable delicious! The only thing I did different was use 3/4 c. yogurt and 3 oz. of cream cheese for the spread because I thought that would be the selling point for my husband. I used coconut oil to grease the pan. I’d been looking for a low carb dessert that everyone would like for a while now. Thanks for sharing!

23. Angela W Broyles on November 12, 2017 at 10:39 am

I used walnuts! It was AMAZING!!

24. healthy chefs are cool!!! on December 5, 2017 at 3:44 am

Do you think I could use plain Greek yogurt(no flavor) with honey mixed in?

• Sally on December 5, 2017 at 8:31 am