Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook Pre-Sale & Video!

Sally's Candy Addiction for sale today!

(The first time I’m unveiling the finished cover! What do ya think? The cover has recently changed to this and we’re still working on changing it across all the pre-sale vendors.)

The day has FINALLY come!! I’ve been talking about my upcoming cookbook, Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook, since January and I’m thrilled to formally share pre-ordering details with you.

Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook is my second cookbook. I spent this past October – March writing it. The book is an in-depth adventure into the very exciting world of candy making. With over 75 tested and photographed recipes, how-to pages, tips, and all the chocolate you could ever ask for– my candy cookbook is the perfect sequel to my baking cookbook and it was truly a labor of love to write.

Though my new married name is Quinn, my professional author name is remaining McKenney– for consistency purposes. Between McKenney, Quinn, McKenney Quinn… I have a handful of names right now.

So, uh, just call me Sally.

Manuscript

The Recipes

You’ll be getting 75 completely new and fresh recipes. I find candy is a category often overlooked in the dessert world, but there is no corner of the candy world I do not explore in Candy Addiction. Think: truffles, fudge, taffy, hard candy, caramel, toffee, brittle, candy bars, and more.

In the book you’ll find 7 chapters with the final chapter called Just Add Candy. This final chapter is one all of you bake-aholics and regular readers will love. It’s a chapter full of cookies, cakes, and cupcakes all prepared with candy. Think: Snickers Cheesecake, York Peppermint Patty Cupcakes, Andes Mint Chocolate Cream Pie, Toffee Lover’s Cupcakes, and Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream.

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Snickers Cheesecake

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Reese's Ice Cream

Here are the fluffiest marshmallows on the planet. ↓ ↓

(Store-bought does not compare.)

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Marshmallows

Smooth as silk old-fashioned style chocolate fudge right here. ↓ ↓

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Chocolate Fudge Recipe

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Candy Apples

I also teach you how to make southern-style pralines, homemade marshmallows, salt water taffy, candy apples, caramel apples, old fashioned chocolate fudge, and maple walnut fudge. I’m most excited about these Strawberry Buttercreams!

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Strawberry Buttercreams

I love them so much that I decided to put them on the cookbook’s cover, alongside Birthday Cake Fudge. DID YOU READ THAT? Birthday Cake Fudge! Birthday Cake Fudge! Like a cake batter chocolate chip cookie… in fudge form.

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Birthday Cake Fudge-2

And I love these Strawberry Buttercreams so much that I decided to shoot a little video. I’ve never shared a video on my blog before (welcome to 2015, Sal) so this is a first!

VIDEO

How can you not smile watching that? The music!

The Strawberry Buttercreams recipe will be in the book– and I can’t wait for you to make them. So hopefully the video got you pumped for strawberry goodness in your future too. Anthony from Five Story Media helped shoot the video. Thanks Anthony!

Pre-Order Available! Get It Before Others! Exclamation Points!

Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook will be released on September 29th 2015 and sold worldwide. There are many vendors currently selling my book for pre-sale. Typically I find that pre-ordering gets you the book a few days or even a week before others and since I have no-zero-zilch patience, I always pre-order anything I can. Get the book from:

Amazon
 Indigo

The ebook is in all formats (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Google Play, Apple iBookstore). After September 29th, Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook will be available for sale wherever books and eBooks are sold. And then we can sweeten the whole world one candy recipe at a time. 😉

Sally's Candy Addiction Truffles

BOOK TOUR!

YES. I will be going on a full-fledged book tour this fall. I was only able to set up a half dozen signings for Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook last year on the East coast because of our move and wedding. But now I’ll have the chance to meet so many more of you. Stay tuned for a post with a survey asking for locations where you would like to visit me. And taste ALLLLLLL the candies. And talk about candies and sprinkles and sugar.

Again, you can pre-order today: AmazonBarnes & NobleIndieBoundIndigo.

Thank you so much for your continued support, love, and encouragement. I couldn’t do any of this without you and I wouldn’t want to.

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook Birthday Cake Fudge-3

Posted in

Comments

1. Jen @ One More Cookie Blog on April 20, 2015 at 9:17 pm

I cannot wait to get my hands on your cookbook! I haven’t preordered yet as I am likely moving before it comes out.. But don’t worry, I will be ordering it as soon as I know my new address. I am so excited for this!

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Thanks Jen! Good luck with your move!

2. Raquel on April 20, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Wow! Congrats on the new cookbook and all of your success.

3. Katy on April 20, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Pre-ordered ages ago. Love you and so proud to be your friend. Keep living your dreams – you are an inspiration. Xoxo

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Couldn’t have done it without ya! xo

4. Lilly on April 20, 2015 at 10:09 pm

O. M. G. I’m sooo excited for this! Congratulations!
    Love the video btw…
    And please please please think about coming up north to Canada! We don’t bite, I promise!

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Hopefully my publisher can send me up your way for a signing Lilly!

5. Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking on April 20, 2015 at 11:50 pm

HOORAY!!!!!!! Sally, I am SO proud of your for all of your hard work. Even though you’re done testing recipes, you’re still chugging away at cookbook stuff — from reshooting the cover to filming videos to planning book tours — do you ever sleep? (I hope so! Coffee alone doesn’t quite cut it, as much as I wish it would…) Anyway, I really hope your book tour brings you out to CA because I’ve been dying to meet you for ages! 🙂

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:30 pm

YOU BET I’m coming to CA to meet you Amy! No doubt about it. Mark your calendar for sometime in October!

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking on April 21, 2015 at 5:37 pm

You’d laugh Sally — I just marked off the WHOLE month of October on my calendar for “Meeting Sally!!!!!!!!!” 😉 Can’t wait!

6. Bixie on April 21, 2015 at 12:23 am

Love the video! Loving the idea of more videos! Cant wait for book #2 :-). Thanks Sally.

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I need to post more videos, that’s for sure. Thanks Bixie!

7. Zarida Azuz on April 21, 2015 at 6:16 am

Loves your beautiful photos. I have tried some of your recipes. Glad that they turned out well..Thanks Sally.

8. [email protected] diet on April 21, 2015 at 7:25 am

I love recipes like the color, because it is the color that I can make to my children, I think they liked.

9. Erin M. on April 21, 2015 at 8:11 am

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to get a copy!

10. Marina D on April 21, 2015 at 8:17 am

Oh my goodness YAYYYY!!! When does your cookbook tour start?! Please say you’re coming to New York if it’s during the summer 🙂

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Should begin in the beginning of October =)

11. Del's cooking twist on April 21, 2015 at 9:33 am

So now it’s real, can’t wait for your new cookbook, Sally!! Everything seem so beautiful and so tempting, you really have a gift, dear talented young lady! 🙂 And this lovely video is so cute, just love it. Congrats again and thanks for bringing such good news. I’m smiling now, from the other side of the Atlantic! 😉

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Thanks Del! xo

12. Lauren Gaskill | Making Life Sweet on April 21, 2015 at 10:22 am

Congratulations, Sally! What an incredible accomplishment. Must feel great! I can’t wait to read your new book. 🙂

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Thank you Lauren!

13. mj on April 21, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Squueeaaaall!!! I am SO EXCITED to get your new book! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! :)))) I love your blog!

14. Stefanie on April 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm

So happy that you’ve written another book, Sally! I hope you’ll come back to Baltimore for a book signing! 🙂

• Sally on April 21, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Oh I’ll be back in Bmore, don’t you worry!

15. Stacey on April 21, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Congrats on all your hard work! This book looks amazing! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of this!

16. Nicola S. on April 21, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Yay, Sally! Congrats! Everything looks deeeelishhhhh!!!

17. Dimitra on April 22, 2015 at 10:10 am

Hi Sally!
    Congratulations on your new cookbook! I can’t wait to get my hands on it! I am preordering it on amazon. I love your blog and I have your Sallys baking addiction cookbook. You have inspired me and have helped me discover my passion for baking. In the past couple of months I have added so many baking supplies to my kitchen and my husband bought me a stand mixer for my bday! Your blog and cookbook makes me feel excited and happy! I look forward to all your future cook books! Will you be coming to NYC for the book signing?

• Sally on April 22, 2015 at 11:13 am

What a great bday gift Dimitra! So glad you love my blog and cookbook– and you will just love the candy version. I am definitely coming to NYC for a signing and can’t wait to meet you! Stay tuned for dates/locations.

18. Leslie Haasch on April 22, 2015 at 11:49 am

Just placed my pre-order – can’t wait!

• Sally on April 22, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for pre-ordering!

19. Teiana on April 22, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Please come to Hawai’i! I’m very excited for your book to come out 🙂

20. Twinkelotje on April 23, 2015 at 7:54 am

Congrats!!

21. Shiran @ Pretty. Simple. Sweet. on April 26, 2015 at 8:29 am

I am so excited for you, Sally! I’ve been following you from the start, and it’s amazing to see what you’ve accomplished so far! Congrats! The book looks amazing 🙂

• Sally on April 27, 2015 at 9:19 am

Thank you so much Shiran! =)

22. Lisa on April 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm

SO excited for this new book Sally! I really hope to make your book signing in Bmore!!!

• Sally on April 27, 2015 at 9:11 am

Yes yes yes I’ll be in Baltimore. My favorite city!

23. Richard on April 27, 2015 at 10:15 am

Can’t wait for this to come out, are you ever gonna come to the Dallas area?!?!

24. Veronica on April 27, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I’m looking forward to your new book. Any chance you’re coming to Houston?

• Sally on April 27, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Hi Veronica. I’m unsure of the schedule at this point. Be sure to check back on my blog in a couple weeks when I post a survey and everyone can vote where they’d like me to visit.

25. carla on May 1, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Will this be available in uk at all?

• Sally on May 2, 2015 at 7:16 am

Yes. It will be available wherever books and eBooks are sold and Amazon UK.

26. Jannett on May 4, 2015 at 10:20 am

OMG!! How did I miss this post?!! I love the cover and the video is so cute! 🙂 Woohoo, full fledged book tour!! I hope you come out to (not so sunny right now, lol) Sandy Eggo! Hope you’re having a glorious Monday! 🙂

27. Phyllis Marshall on May 6, 2015 at 8:19 am

So EXCITED!!! Just pre-ordered mine and watched your little video…YUM!! I am looking forward to baking my way through the entire book! Hope to see you in New York!

28. Nikki on May 7, 2015 at 5:15 am

Sally,,, I just come across your site by accidentally and I don’t even know if I can find out again. You can bet that I’m gonna be looking for you cookbooks, well at least your first one, I’m gonna be making some of your recipes this weekend as some of my Hubby’s family is coming down. The first thing I’m gonna be trying is the blueberry French toast as I’m a blueberry freak. To my point I love looking at recipe cookbooks as I do that as reading a book,,, so would love it if you would be able to come to either Kirksville Mo. or Quincy I’ll. as that would make my day to have a signed book from someone that lives doing the same thing I love doing. If you could come to either one of those places my mom would probably like to go with me as she also collets cookbooks. Will over rambled on more than I should, cause you have better things to do other than reading my rambling on. Still I would love to meet you and get one of your cookbooks. Your doing a spectacular job on everything your doing. Keep up the best work. Sincerely Nikki

• Sally on May 7, 2015 at 9:27 am

Thank you Nikki! I hope to meet you as well– enjoy that blueberry french toast casserole!

29. katie on May 10, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Dear sally !
    Since I got your book , I can’t leave it .
    One of the most beautiful cookbooks I ever seen .
    Your pictures are lovely and all the recipes looks so good and “yum yum” like my little one says when I’m flipping the pages .
    Im defiantly ordering your new book as well, I’m sure it’s something out of this world .
    One polite request if u can please add to the recipes the conversion of the oven temperatures and if u r using any American product or a product that might not b available in other places in the world ( like rice chex cereal) can u please give one or more substitute to eat thanks
    P.s – I wish you would just take all you blog and put it as a book … I just love it .
    Many thanks
    Katie

• Sally on May 11, 2015 at 8:07 am

Thanks Katie, I’m so glad you love my cookbook! And guess what? We’ve added Celsius temps to the new book!

30. Michele W on May 25, 2015 at 9:50 am

I am so excited. Those pictures are so tantalizing!  Makes me want that cookbook RIGHT NOW!  And the video makes me want those truffles especially. But the pralines I know will be my first recipe!  Congrats!!

Reviews