Sally’s Candy Addiction Book Tour Update!

Order Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook today!

Hi!! We are working endlessly scheduling the Sally’s Candy Addiction Fall 2015 Book Tour. In the words of my publisher, this book tour is going to be H-U-G-E. Words can’t describe how excited I am for this adventure. But I am…

T

H

I

S

excited. Hugs kisses for you all.

Sally's Candy Addiction

Book Tour Update

We are currently finalizing the cities. Thank you so much for voting for your closest major city last month. I put all of the closest major cities you voted for in a spreadsheet (including those you left in the comments) to calculate which major cities are the best use of time and budget. I will be visiting A LOT.

Jude, I’m going to miss you.

Readers, I’m going to meet a lot of you.

I wish I could visit every single city you voted for and I am certainly going to try to get to as many as possible.

Now, Help Us Book It!

If you voted for your closest major city (or if you haven’t yet!), please tell me your favorite book store, kitchen appliance store, or other venue that screams “book tour stop!”

We will use your suggestions as a guide for booking my stops. On average, I will be in each city for about 2 days, which means I can sign at a few locations in each city.

Please tell me (again!) your closest major city AND the venue where I should stop to meet you/sign books. Is it a popular book store? A small neighborhood book store? A culinary center of sorts? A kitchen appliance store? A shop in the mall?

Book Tour Updates

For ideas, here are some places I’ve held signings/demos in the past:

• Hotel lobbies
  • William’s Sonoma
  • Kitchen Specialty Stores
  • Small book shops
  • Barnes & Noble

So again, please leave a comment telling me your closest major city AND leave a suggestion for the venue where I should stop.

I will post the book tour schedule on my blog once it is finalized.

SCA Manuscript Photo

Sally’s Candy Addiction Cookbook, with over 75 new and exclusive recipes, will be published on September 29th 2015. Pre-order a copy today!

Ahhh! Thank you so much. I promise to bring you candy when I meet you.

xo

Comments

1. CindyH on June 15, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Closest major city–Phoenix.  I recommend the Sur La Table store at Scottsdale Fashion Square.  Otherwise there are plenty of B&N stores around the Valley.  (Recommending Chandler Fashion Center or Tempe Marketplace.)

2. Joanne on June 15, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Williams Sonoma at Summit Mall in Akron, Ohio. Would love to meet you!

3. Regina on June 15, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Come back to Baltimore!  The Ivy gets my vote.

4. Devin on June 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Pittsburgh, Pa!!! I recommend the Penguin Bookshop in Sewickley!

5. Carol Schultz on June 15, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Kansas City, MO – Barnes & Noble on the Country Club Plaza!

6. Mandy W. on June 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Phoenix, AZ – there is a little kitchen appliance/gadget store in Gilbert called Shar’s kitchen. I love it, and I love that it’s really close to my house. They have a huge section in the back for teaching classes that would be perfect for a book signing. There is also a Williams-Sonoma in the Chandler Fashion Center Mall.

• Mandy H on June 16, 2015 at 2:21 pm

The William’s Sonoma is gone from Chandler Fashion Center :(.  But there’s a Barnes and Noble there!  Or how about the Sur La Table in Phoenix at Casa Paloma?

7. Lena on June 15, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Raleigh or Charlotte, NC! Or Durham, if you can! Reader’s Corner in Raleigh or The Regulator Bookshop in Durham. Both really nice, local stores. I’d love to meet you.

8. Jasmine on June 16, 2015 at 1:48 am

In Seattle area, Bellevue (20 minutes drive from Seattle) has a nice shopping mall Bellevue Square. There is a William Sonoma store in the mall, also Westin and Hyatt next to the mall. Plenty of restaurants as well. Stop by for fun even if you don’t use the venue here 🙂

• Matt on June 26, 2015 at 4:16 pm

9. Skye Stewart on June 16, 2015 at 8:38 am

Sally, I would absolutely LOVE to see you in New England!!!! I’m right in the middle of Boston and Portland, Maine. There is a huge Barnes & Noble in Boston (Boylston Street) and a Williams-Sonoma in Boston (Copley Place). It’s right near Newbury Street which would be a beautiful place to visit!  There’s also a Williams-Sonoma in The Maine Mall in Portland, ME. If you’re looking to come go a smaller city, Portsmouth, New Hampshire is where I am. We are right on the coast and it’s so beautiful! We have a Barnes & Noble in Newington, NH. I’d love to see you here!!!!! (Or Boston or Portland, too!!!)

10. Jannut Nadeem on June 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm

The city of Markham in the greater Toronto area. There is a Chapters/Indigo located at Hwy7 and Woodbine and its huge! Would be a great place for a book tour stop!

11. Ray Brewer on June 16, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Sally,
    Finger Lakes Culinary Center in Canandaigua, New York is a suggestion. If you get time, visit some of the outstanding Finger Lakes Wineries in the region, although I am partial to the Seneca Lake wine trail. Closest city is Rochester, NY.

12. Hannah Walters on June 16, 2015 at 12:50 pm

You should stop in Denver! I know a ton of people who would love to meet you! A good place would be Sur La Table in Cherry Creek or Barnes and Noble in Glendale (Colorado Blvd.) I really hope you come to Denver!

• Barb on June 27, 2015 at 12:50 am

Just a little south of Denver there is a Sur La Table in Southglenn or Williams Sonoma in either Aspen Grove or Park Meadows. There is a small independant store that sells kitchen items called Complete Gourmet in Centennial. Would love to see you

13. Tina on June 16, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Please come to San Antonio, TX! Anywhere in the La Cantera shopping plaza would be a perfect location, I think a lot more accessible than places downtown.

14. Tulsi on June 16, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Hey Sally! You MUST come to Montreal, QC. There’s a book store in Downtown Montreal – Indigo where they already sell your first book and that would be a great place to have your book signing!

P.S. Tim Hortons sells Nutella Donut that you MUST try! (Hope that tempts you to come to Montreal!!) =)

15. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie on June 16, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Columbus, OH! Go to Sur la Table/William’s Sonoma/B&N in Easton Mall (and you should check out Northstar while you are there and Jeni’s ice cream if they have reopened by then). There’s also a really cool bargain bookstore downtown (near lots more cool restaurants including another Northstar& Jeni’s location) called The Book Loft.

16. Rocki Bessone on June 17, 2015 at 12:31 am

B&N or Sur La Table Santana Row in San Jose, CA

17. Anna O on June 17, 2015 at 7:46 am

Sur la Table at Hilldale Mall in Madison, WI!!

18. Allison on June 17, 2015 at 11:15 am

Seattle!!
    Williams-Sonoma (University Village or Bellevue Collection)
    Barnes & Noble (Downtown Seattle)

• Teagan on June 17, 2015 at 9:14 pm

19. Allison on June 17, 2015 at 11:16 am

Also, Sur La Table in Downtown Seattle!

20. Angela on June 17, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Salt Lake City – Orson Gygi (kitchen specialty store)

• Rebecca on June 21, 2015 at 9:03 am

Another vote for Orson Gygi!

21. Ali on June 18, 2015 at 1:09 pm

You should visit Fargo, North Dakota and Barnes and Noble is a great venue! Or there is a cooking supply store called Creative Kitchen in the Fargo mall! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Christina Mueller on June 18, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Asheville, NC at the Barnes and Noble on Tunnel Rd

or Charlotte, NC (not sure where, probably at the Williams Sonoma.

23. Debbie on June 18, 2015 at 3:10 pm

My closest city is Phoenix.  Another location to hold a book signing is Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe.  It is a local store that has many author visits/book signings.

24. Aimee on June 18, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Calgary, Alberta, Canada @ Cookbook Cooks (A place that offers kitchenware, bakeware cookbooks, fine grocery items, and offers a huge selections of cooking classes.  Some of the ppl who come to feature their cookbook do a cooking class or demo).

25. Brooke on June 18, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Barnes and Noble- Southlake, TX (Suburb of Dallas) in Southlake Town Square

26. missy may on June 18, 2015 at 9:58 pm

PLEASE COME TO SEATTLE, specifically University Village!  There is a Williams Sonoma and most important, its Seattle!!!  You will love it here, I promise!  You can treat yourself to a very yummy cupcake from Trophies, SO AMAZING! 🙂

27. Kyra on June 18, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Los Angeles! There are a number of hotels near Union Station…maybe the DoubleTree or the New Daimaru Hotel? 🙂

28. Megan F on June 18, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Come to the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver or the Barnes & Noble in Boulder, Co!

29. Debbie Weaver on June 19, 2015 at 9:34 am

Halfway between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC, is the sweetest little bookstore ever, The Cricket Book Shop: http://www.cricketbookshop.com/Cricket_Book_Shop/About_Us.html.  I think you would love visiting the shop almost as much as us local residents would love meeting  you there!  🙂

30. Allison on June 19, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Shreveport, La! Barnes and Noble
    New Orleans! Barnes and noble!

Reviews