Did my gingerbread cupcakes catch your attention? Great!
Greetings from Cleveland! City number 16 on my cross country Sally’s Candy Addiction book tour. Today I’ll be at Barnes & Noble Crocker Park from 1-6pm.
This weekend is especially awesome because I’m staying with Marie. Marie’s been my good friend since our days at Loyola. And GUESS WHAT. I brought Jude along with me. He even stopped into my book signing in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night! I road tripped so I could bring him along. Marie has a dog, too. So it’s been a barktastic weekend so far. Dog people, you get it.
Since I likely overwhelmed you with Thanksgiving recipe ideas last weekend, I’m shifting the focus from Thanksgiving by getting super random about myself. Here’s the first time I posted a personal Saturday 7 and here’s the second. I love love love reading all about you in the comments section in both posts, so I decided to post round 3!
1. Let’s talk jobs! So at Loyola, I majored in marketing. Truthfully? I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life at age 18. And that was OK. I went through a struggle with confidence and self awareness during this time (I’ve talked about that here!), so I chose a focus that could allow me to keep my options open in terms of future careers. Right out of college, I waitressed and worked in customer service at a bank, then began my grown up career at an insurance firm. I was an assistant to a team of financial advisors and, with zero background in accounting or financial management, I took online classes and several securities exams to bring myself up to speed. Though my marketing degree did come in handy too! Anyway, 4 years and a growing food blog later– I quit my full time job in 2013 and began treating my food blog as a career. More on that here.
Here I am today, two years and two published cookbooks later, still in shock that I own my own business. I’m going to go ahead and type it: crazeballs.
2. When I was young, I wanted to be all of the following at one point or another: a dolphin trainer, marine biologist, singer (if you’ve ever heard me sing, you’d be laughing too), teacher, wedding planner, and book author (yay!).
3. I regularly quote Mean Girls. Like, in real life conversations. My friend tells me she got a raise? I’m all like “you go glen coco!” Someone asks me how many sprinkles I could possibly fit on top of a cake? “The limit does not exist.”
Also. She asked me how to spell orange.
4. I took ballet lessons for a short period, then told my mom I’m quitting “because I know everything about ballet.” And that’s a direct quote from my 5 year old self.
5. I now know every single word to Adele’s Hello and regularly belt it out while driving. Alone, of course. I wouldn’t put anyone through that pain. See #2.
6. I might be the only person on the planet who doesn’t like ranch dressing. I can’t do it. It’s the taste, the smell, everything. There aren’t many foods I don’t like but ranch dressing and BEETS are two of them.
7. My guilty pleasure is canned rainbow chip frosting. Like, the non-refrigerated frosting I encourage you not to buy because homemade is better. The stuff with a million ingredients that should probably shock me to bits but OMG I LOVE IT ANYWAY. And for anyone who’s just as obsessed, you’ll be happy to know that after a 2 year hiatus, rainbow chip is back in stores!!! So fetch. 💗💛💚💙💜
Ready for Thanksgiving?
Thoughts on jobs, rainbow chip frosting, singing even though your voice is atrocious, Regina George, or ranch dressing? Today’s post was oddly random.
Tell me something about you!