Saturday Seven

Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Muffins

How’s your weekend going so far? I’m currently under a mountain of snow. If you’re on the East coast– you know. Is this crazy or what? Winter arrived in full, super windy blizzard force overnight. Hopefully this means you’re home, you’re safe, and you’re baking. (Particularly whole wheat apple cinnamon muffins.)

So much going on this week! First, I launched my new Tumblr page. I’m super excited about it, yet slightly lost because I’m a 90 year old when it comes to learning new social media. You can easily get to my Tumblr page by clicking the T social media button at the top of my website, whether you’re on my blog’s home page or a certain blog post. You know the buttons:

buttons

I’m also getting my feet wet in the whole video scene. As a business level blogger, it’s critical to keep up with social media as it evolves. The rise of video content is at an all-time high– and recipe videos are aplenty. Implementing recipe videos, literally showing readers who you are or simply how to make a recipe, grabs their attention in a way pictures just can’t. It’s entertainment! I’m currently struggling with the time commitment and learning curve, but I’ll get there eventually. If you’re interested, here is the equipment I’ve been using for them: my camera, my lens, my tripod, and Final Cut Pro for putting it all together.

Did you know that January 28th is national blueberry pancake day?

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes on sallysbakingaddiction.com Fluffy, bursting with blueberries, healthy, and so good!

Can we celebrate early? Because today’s shaping out to be the perfect day for a big ol’ stack of this whole wheat blueberry pancake business. What I love about these pancakes in particular is that they don’t taste too dense or weighed down from the whole wheat flour. They’re still every bit as soft and fluffy as regular pancakes– and they freeze beautifully too!

If the blizzard’s keeping you inside, it’s a good day to try homemade cinnamon raisin bagels. I am so excited to finally teach you how to make bagels at home. Readers have contacted me after making them, completely shocked by how easy they are. You can do it!

how-to-make-homemade-cinnamon-raisin-bagels-3

COOKIES! I know you’ll want to whip up cookies this weekend, so here’s one of my favorite cookie recipes because (1) chocolate and peanut butter and (2) look at all that chocolate and peanut butter. Click here for the ultimate peanut butter chocolate cookie recipe!

Ultimate PB Cookies-2

You miiiiiiight even want to toast marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and graham crackers on top of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies… like I do in my toasted s’more chocolate chip cookies. T-t-t-toasty.

toasted-smore-chocolate-chip-cookies

Caramel stuffed snickerdoodle cookies hello and goodbye.

Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies | sallysbakingaddiction.com

The answer to pretty much everything in life: especially the question “what should I do today?” or “what food completes me?” or even better/worse “why are my pants so tight?” Cinnamon swirl banana bread, everyone.

Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread - a recipe for all of you who love banana bread and warm, gooey cinnamon rolls!

One more! You like baking donuts, right? Obv. Well, have you ever made my chocolate donut holes? You bake them in a mini muffin pan! So easy.

Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes

Q: Is it snowing where you live?

Q: Have you tried any of these recipes before? Thoughts?

Comments

1. Kim @ Kim's Cravings on January 25, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I would love to get in on the video game too! Thanks so much for sharing the equipment you’ve been using. I’m with you- the time commitment is mostly what’s holding me back. On another note- can’t wait to bake with you in May at the Everything Food Conference!!! So excited!!

• Sally on January 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Can’t wait to meet you Kim!! I’m SO excited for the conference!

2. Lana on January 25, 2016 at 7:37 pm

You are my GO-TO page for any baking!!!!!! Your blog is the only one, I know for sure, whichever recipe I choose, it will come out delish!!

Now I am excited to try this bagel thing!!!! YUM!! Looking forward to the results. Any suggestions for mixing up some cream cheese flavor combinations????? Was hoping to ask you, if you have tried to make Cherry cheese danishes!! I would love if you tried that next 🙂 I trust in your skill to make it a killer recipe!

• Sally on January 25, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Lana, I’ve never made cherry cream cheese danishes but now I’m craving them. I should try them sometime! Thanks for the suggestion and for reading my blog.

• Lana on January 25, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I have your sour cream crumb cake in the oven as we speak.
        But I am totally addicted to the soft flaky cherry cheese danishes!! Please bring this to a whole new level with your expertise 🙂

3. Cara @ The Little Blonde Baker on January 30, 2016 at 5:28 pm

All great looking recipes! I hope you weathered the storm. We were lucky and only got about 8 inches of snow! But it didn’t stop me from baking 🙂 I will defiantly be giving the bagels a try. You can’t beat homemade bagels!

4. iffah on February 2, 2016 at 2:47 am

its my first time to read your blog and now I start to love all your recipes.they look so yummy and mouth watering.such a great recipe.I love them!!

5. Kristen @ The Endless Meal on February 3, 2016 at 2:31 pm

I hope you stay warm with all that snow you’re getting! I have to admit that I’m a little jealous. The city here is starting to show signs of spring, which makes it really hard to pull out the snowboard and head to the mountain. It’s easy to forget how much fun the snow can be when you can’t see it in front of you!

Btw I’m putting those s’mores cookies on my must-bake list!

• Sally on February 3, 2016 at 3:36 pm

And I want even more snow! Sounds like you love it as much as I do. You’ll love the cookies Kristen!

Reviews