1) Here is the kitchen! The contractors are finishing the first full month of work. The house has exposed wood beams throughout, which is most definitely what sold us on it in the first place. We’re waiting on the appliances and countertops and they’ll continue to work on hook-ups and electrical detail next week. The estimated finish date keeps changing, but I’d say it’s all worth the wait! Also, those two. 😉
2) I loved hearing about all the pies you want to make this summer. And your favorite pie varieties and helpful tips. Last weekend, I baked a few new pies to share on Sally’s Baking Addiction in July. I wasn’t completely happy with a particular key lime pie I made, so I’m going to give it another shot with a different type of crust. Have you made any pies in the past week?
3) A few of you emailed me about the way I prepared the zucchini on the grill this past week. Oh my goodness, it couldn’t be any easier! I sliced 4 medium zucchini into spears, then placed them in a large zipped-top bag. I added 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, a few shakes each of fresh ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and garlic powder. Then placed them on a grill for 6-8 minutes. It’s so simple, healthy, and made perfect leftovers to have with the next day’s lunch.
4) A video teaching you how to make homemade nutella (!!!!)
5) We are having family over this weekend to CAMP in the backyard! I haven’t done that since I was about 10. The main reason we’re doing it is because our niece is visiting from the west coast. We were going to camp somewhere fun, but this just ended up being most convenient because we’ve got a baby nephew who needs to sleep inside. Just got all the s’more fixings for the bonfire and I’m making a giant cookie pizza for our niece’s birthday. Keep you posted on that!
6) You know I love me some chicken tenders and Chelsea shared a garlic parm version I’m looking forward to trying!
7) I’ve got a no-bake gluten free fruit tart if you’re looking for simple, healthier dessert options for the 4th. You can decorate with sliced strawberries and blueberries. So patriotic of you!
Have a great one!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.