Greetings from the beach! I’m in OCMD this weekend with my girlfriends. Hope you’re having a great one!
1) I made my yellow sheet cake and topped it with creamy strawberry buttercream the other week. I added *roughly* 1 cup of chopped strawberries to the cake batter, too. It was really good! And I’m sure the contractors loved the pretty pastel pink part. Wouldn’t this be cute for a baby shower? ♥
2) Speaking of pink. How beautiful is this watermelon salad? I’m intrigued to try the honey lime dressing, too– it sounds perfect for summer entertaining. This one looks and sounds incredibly refreshing too.
3) A longtime reader suggested I try these flavored whipped honeys. How unreal does the salted bourbon vanilla sound? Or peach whipped honey on a fresh batch of scones or biscuits. I’m losing control over here! I haven’t ordered any yet, but those will be my first two. (Thanks Caley!)
4) Fellow dog people: Michelle from Brown Eyed Baker is on point, as always, with her DOGGY CAKE! (By the way, I owe you a coffee break post and lots of updates on Franklin. Coming soon!)
5) Thank you for all your recipe ideas and suggestions in this month’s comment & bake challenge. I’m blown away by your kitchen creativity and dessert enthusiasm. But seriously should I expect anything less?! I’m extending the giveaway until Monday, so if you haven’t entered yet… hop on over!
6) The Secret Life of Pets. I’m 31 years old but that is not stopping me from seeing it in theaters. And Finding Dory too. Have you seen either yet??
7) Last July, I shared these frozen mojito slushies and I’m begging you to try them this summer if you haven’t already. If you love mojitos, this is a really fun way to serve them!
Q: Baking anything this weekend?!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.