Here are a few things worth sharing!
1) Today we’re heading to a family reunion. This annual reunion is huge– about 50-60 people each summer. I made a batch of bakery-style peanut butter cookies for it– I chose these cookies because the recipe makes a ton. And we’re having friends over later this weekend who love peanut butter as much as I do. Instead of peanuts and chocolate chips, I used 1 cup Reese’s Pieces and 1 cup chocolate chips. Try them that way! I also made a quick loaf of this greek yogurt zucchini bread to have around all weekend too.
2) I’m dying to try this pineapple peach aqua fresca this summer. With all the fresh mint that I’m growing myself! First time herb garden over here. Speaking of, does anyone have cilantro growing tips? Does it not do well in humidity and excessive heat? Mine’s looking pretty sad. Having trouble.
3) Birthday cake ice cream recipe with actual pieces of birthday cake inside. AHHH!!!!
4) I haven’t baked much with cherries this summer, but I’d love to try this cherry and almond quick bread.
5) Many of you have been asking for a recipe video of my lemon blueberry layer cake. Finally have one for you! I’ve been sharing videos on Facebook and Instagram– this one’s on Facebook now! (As well as in the blog post.)
6) Berry almond crisp is all sorts of summer delicious. Encouraging all my fellow fruit crisp lovers to try this one.
7) Kevin and I had a date night last night. We used to do this every week where we’d put away all forms of technology, cook dinner together, have real conversation, and eat it at the table– not on the couch. We don’t have a kitchen table yet (on its way!), so we sat outside on the picnic table. Keepin’ it classy! We made shrimp and scallop kebabs on the grill along with grilled zucchini and sweet potatoes. The kebabs were kind of random, but all I did was marinate the shrimp and scallops in a little olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder. It was really good!
Q: What are you baking this weekend?
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.