Saturday Seven

Bakery-style peanut butter cookies on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Greetings from the beach! Our friends are getting married today in Bethany Beach, DE. We’re here with a whole crew soaking up the warm hot August sunshine. We left late yesterday morning, said buh-bye to the pups (have fun at grandma’s!), hopped in the car, and road tripped straight to the beach before we could check into the hotel. Chilling out in the sand, snacking on bakery style peanut butter cookies— like, the 7th time I’ve made them in a month– and chocolate peanut butter snack bars that melted allllll over our hands. Get out of the kitchen and go on vacation this August, my friends. You deserve it!

In the meantime, here’s some fun stuff I want to share:

1) Gluten free readers: Leah made GF frosted animal cookies using her GF all-purpose flour blend. Almost too darn cute to eat!

2) Kitchen update: all of the appliances, except for the freezer, are installed. The freezer and fridge are separate because of the placement of the wood beam structure. No complaints! There’s still some crown molding, building the pantry, and electrical work to do, but they expect to be finished in no time. I’ve been using the kitchen for work on days they are not here. Feels like home already. ♥

3) Look at Maria’s sprinkle cookies! So many sprinkles, I can’t contain myself.

4) A brand new Sally’s Baking Addiction site is launching soon! I’m working on a site redesign with Purr Design. Lindsay designed the website you see right now back in 2013, so it’s been 3 years! Time for a facelift, no?

5) A new video for my most-loved dinner recipe: skillet chicken with creamy cilantro lime sauce. I posted the video on Facebook the other day (and on the blog post too!). Have you tried that recipe yet?

6) 33 boozy frozen treats for you this summer. 33!!!

7) Even though we already had Jude when we adopted Franklin, these 5 things are SPOT ON. New puppy parents, do you agree?

And here’s your weekly crumb police picture.

pups in august

Posted in

Comments

1. Timon on August 6, 2016 at 3:47 am

Hello, Sally I got a question. I would like to get a physical copy of your first cookbook, unfortunately, I live in Germany but I’m in new york for vacation soon. Are there any bookstores where I can buy your book?

Greetings

• Stella @ Stellicious Life on August 6, 2016 at 11:23 am

Hi Timon, I don’t know which bookstores have Sally’s cookbooks, but you could always order them from the Book Depository, they have free worldwide shipping, I bought my copies from them 🙂

• Timon on August 6, 2016 at 2:22 pm

• Lizzy on August 6, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Es gibt die Bücher auf Amazon 🙂

• Timon on August 6, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Oh hab ich wohl übersehen, Danke 🙂

2. Caley on August 6, 2016 at 6:18 am

Have a great weekend! I’m excited to see your new design…the current one is lovely, but if you are happy with the changes, I’m sure we all will be too 🙂

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Thanks Caley 🙂

3. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) on August 6, 2016 at 7:35 am

ah have fun at the wedding!!

I can’t believe it’s already been 3 years since this site design! I can’t wait to see the new one <3

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I can’t either! Time FLIES!

4. Nathalia on August 6, 2016 at 7:44 am

I really like the current design but it’ll be really interesting to see the new one! When can we look forward to seeing it?

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks! Still working on it 🙂

5. Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It on August 6, 2016 at 7:54 am

Have so much fun, I love weddings!! Cannot WAIT to see the new and improved SBA, that’s so exciting! Thank you for including the dog picture at the end, no post is complete without one. 😉

6. Shelby @ Go Eat and Repeat on August 6, 2016 at 10:21 am

Oh my gosh Franklin is adorable! And the new site upgrade will be great! I love your look now but am interested to see what you have in the works!

7. Anat Barlev on August 6, 2016 at 10:37 am

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. Your dogs are so adorable. I had a question about cookies. For some reason when I bake cookies after they are done, when I taste them  at times there is still a smell and a tease of raw dough. I heard it could be due to the baking soda. Any ideas how to make sure not to have that? Thanks in advance.

• Anat Barlev on August 6, 2016 at 10:39 am

Oops, spelling mistake. Not tease, but taste like raw dough. Thanks.

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Do you think they are simply underbaked? That would be my first guess! Thanks Anat 🙂

8. Ana on August 6, 2016 at 11:42 am

Hey Sally! I hope you enjoy the wedding! Those peanut butter cookies you mentioned sound amazing– they are next on my list. Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to make my own recipe and I did! It was an apple muffin recipe, and it turned out really good. I used your recipes as an outline, and I’m so happy I did. Thank you so much!

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:08 pm

That’s incredible Ana. I hope you enjoyed them! I love anything with apple.

9. Katie on August 6, 2016 at 11:59 am

Hey! I was just wondering how important you think it is to have a good quality camera for blogging and which ones you’d recommend? I’ve just started a baking blog and I am using my phone camera to take photos at the moment, but I think I should upgrade! Thanks! 🙂

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Absolutely! Here is an entire post I wrote about photography including my equipment 🙂

10. cookie on August 6, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I did not make your peanut butter cookies but I made your peanut butter pie.
    It was unbelievable and amazing….so amazing that I made happy birthday cake/pie for my friend using filling from your pie. You can check http://www.5starcookies.com/2016/08/01/happy-birthday-friend-cake-pie-recipe……………………………. Thank you

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Oh my gosh that birthday cake/pie looks so fun!

11. Diane on August 6, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I just came home from BB! Love it there

12. Muna Kenny on August 6, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Have fun Sally and stay safe 🙂

13. Sharon K (The Farm Chick Bakes) on August 7, 2016 at 7:07 am

Hi Sally – Enjoy the wedding and the beach! Can’t beat the DE Beaches….some of the cleanest I’ve ever been on. We leave for Raystown Lake for 5 days Thursday and it can’t come soon enough. Congrats on the new “look”! Purr Designs does amazing things and I love your current look as well! Can’t wait to see the ‘final’ kitchen pics too! You have a lot of new and great things going on! Have a nice weekend!

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 7:53 pm

You’re right– the beaches there are so clean and beautiful! Hope you had a great weekend Sharon.

14. Melanie Binnall on August 8, 2016 at 7:09 am

Hi,

Made the peanut butter cookies for a week-end function – they are GREAT. Made them smaller and baked at 375 for 8-10inutes.

Thank you!

• Sally on August 8, 2016 at 7:31 pm

I’m glad they were a hit!

15. Michelle @ Modern Acupuncture on August 10, 2016 at 9:23 am

Yay for the beach! And your puppies are still (always) just adorable 🙂 Like they never stop smiling. Thank you for the gluten-free reference, by the way! Going to give some GF recipes a try this week.

Reviews