Greetings from the beach! Our friends are getting married today in Bethany Beach, DE. We’re here with a whole crew soaking up the
warm hot August sunshine. We left late yesterday morning, said buh-bye to the pups (have fun at grandma’s!), hopped in the car, and road tripped straight to the beach before we could check into the hotel. Chilling out in the sand, snacking on bakery style peanut butter cookies— like, the 7th time I’ve made them in a month– and chocolate peanut butter snack bars that melted allllll over our hands. Get out of the kitchen and go on vacation this August, my friends. You deserve it!
In the meantime, here’s some fun stuff I want to share:
2) Kitchen update: all of the appliances, except for the freezer, are installed. The freezer and fridge are separate because of the placement of the wood beam structure. No complaints! There’s still some crown molding, building the pantry, and electrical work to do, but they expect to be finished in no time. I’ve been using the kitchen for work on days they are not here. Feels like home already. ♥
3) Look at Maria’s sprinkle cookies! So many sprinkles, I can’t contain myself.
4) A brand new Sally’s Baking Addiction site is launching soon! I’m working on a site redesign with Purr Design. Lindsay designed the website you see right now back in 2013, so it’s been 3 years! Time for a facelift, no?
5) A new video for my most-loved dinner recipe: skillet chicken with creamy cilantro lime sauce. I posted the video on Facebook the other day (and on the blog post too!). Have you tried that recipe yet?
6) 33 boozy frozen treats for you this summer. 33!!!
7) Even though we already had Jude when we adopted Franklin, these 5 things are SPOT ON. New puppy parents, do you agree?
And here’s your weekly crumb police picture.
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.