Saturday Seven

flourless-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies

I can’t chat for long because I have about 1 million recipes to make today. Tomorrow afternoon is Kevin’s birthday BBQ bash and I have a peanut butter pie and ice cream cake on my to-do list. Not to mention clean the disaster that is this house. And, yes, those are definitely dog hairball mountains in the corner. These two shed so much in the summer!!!

1) I actually have a few friends coming over tonight too– and I made a batch of almond butter chocolate chip cookies. Did you see that on Instagram stories and/or Snapchat? Though instead I used peanut butter because I didn’t have any almond butter on hand. Most definitely a favorite because these flourless cookies take a total of 15 minutes start to finish, only use 1 bowl, and are completely gluten free.

2) Thank you for suggesting the slow feed dog bowl for little Frank. He eats his food at lightning speed and this helps slow him down so he can actually chew.

3) Also video chatting with your pet. I repeat: video chatting WITH YOUR PET. I can’t stop laughing at the text message “Your pet is calling!” 🙂

4) Two things: ultimate nutella cupcakes and also cocktail pops.

5) Two more things: mango fish tacos (!!) and lemon poppy seed zucchini bread.

6) New video for homemade salted caramel on my blog this week. It really is as easy as it looks!

7) Also for tomorrow’s BBQ: appropriately named fiesta corn & avocado salsa.

Fiesta avocado corn salsa on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: Whatcha up to this weekend?

Comments

1. Susanna on August 13, 2016 at 4:39 am

Making those almond butter cookies today!
    My pitbull used to eat so fast that he would throw up (every. single. time), so we started using an old jumbo muffin tin for him to eat out of and it works beautifully! Your pups are adorable 🙂

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:47 pm

What a great idea for feeding! NEVER would have thought of that.

2. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on August 13, 2016 at 10:17 am

Love how easy those cookies are!  And I’ve always wanted to get a pet cam for my dog to see what she does all day, lol.  Have a great weekend.  And happy birthday to Kevin, I’m sure all the eats are going to be delicious at the BBQ! =)

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:45 pm

I’d be so curious to see what these two do! Thanks Patricia!

3. Flour Girl on August 13, 2016 at 10:47 am

I’m making a lemon poppy seed cake for a birthday party, and 4 dozen vanilla cupcakes (your recipe Sally!) with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles for another birthday party! : )

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:44 pm

So many sweets, so many parties!

4. Kate D. on August 13, 2016 at 11:12 am

Your pups are adorable! Have you ever tried the FURminator pet hair remover brush? It’s pricey, but it really works wonders! It brushes out all of that soft undercoat, which is what is being shed. I use it on my cat & have seen a noticeable reduction in shedding. And it helps to keep the pets coat shiny. They are available for cats & dogs. I purchased mine at the pet store (Petco/Petsmart), but they are on Amazon.

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I haven’t, but I’m always tempted to. Thanks for the recommendation though! I’ll check it out on Amazon.

5. Merle Bomba on August 13, 2016 at 11:32 am

Hi Sally! I am making your funfetti cake to bring to a backyard BBQ. It’s so hot and humid today, it’s gonna be a challenge! I hope your party goes great! I’m sure it will be! Have fun!!!

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Hope the cake turned out well!

6. Jennifer C on August 13, 2016 at 11:48 am

I’m just wishing I lived close to some of these birthday parties. I’m literally salivating over all the yummy food you guys are making!

7. Hayley on August 13, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Looking forward to this weekend! Sunday, at least. Working all day today but have tomorrow off and also have a huge birthday bash planned for my dad! I know he would totally love that peanut butter pie you’re making, but I’m making your vanilla cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes instead because there’s gonna be so many people. So much baking to get up to, so little time. Good luck to you 😉

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Hope the bday party was fun! Cupcakes definitely feed more. Making a bunch for my friend’s bridal shower this weekend. 🙂

8. Carol on August 13, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Have fun at the BBQ. Question: I am wanting to make my Mom’s strawberry shortcake. I found a recipe that is similar…but not quite. How do you add fruit (strawberries) to a cake mix without the fruit sinking to the bottom? My Mom’s strawberries were throughout the batter along with strawberries on the top between layers. Any help is appreciated.

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Hi Carol! I’d toss them in a little flour (maybe 1-2 Tbsp) before adding to the batter. And blot very dry before you add the flour too.

9. Elaine Friedlander on August 13, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Hi Sally, it’s hot and sticky here in Singapore and a very exciting weekend – Singapore got their first ever gold medal yesterday when Joseph Schooling beat Micheal Phelps in the 100m Butterfly yesterday! A fantastic achievement for Singapore. At our house we are dogsitting Millie a Shih Tzu – she’s hilarious, sweet and the kids love her. We also went to Singapore’s only garden farm, walked ongst the banana trees and ate a locally grown Nonya lunch – rendang, samosas, deliciousness you have to try! Today more dog walking, playgrounds, cookie baking and cinema. Have a good one – you enjoy that ice cream cake….droooooool! 😉

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Congrats on the gold!! What an exciting race it was too. Hope you enjoyed the fun-filled weekend, especially that garden farm. And hope you stayed cool. It was so hot here!

10. Mir on August 14, 2016 at 6:18 am

My birthday is today, so Kevin and I might be twins. That would be exciting!
    I’m all about the salted caramel thing coming up. Can’t wait!

• Sally on August 15, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Happy birthday Mir!!!

11. Jessie @ Chasing Belle on August 14, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Catching up on some chores and doing some major meal prep this weekend! Thank you for the great links!

12. Karapf on August 16, 2016 at 8:18 am

Hey Sally, been following you for a few years. It all started off with the death by chocolate cupcakes that I had made for my daughters (then) 1st birthday. It’s still my go to! Anyways, my Saturday morning started off by making your Easy Cinnamon Rolls for my hubby to start off our 9th anniversary date date. My plan had been to make the giant cinnamon rolls you had just posted but when I fell into bed at 8pm Friday night after putting my two littles down, I couldn’t convince myself to get back up! But the easy ones were delish (my first cinnamon bun attempt btw) I just added the cream cheese frosting, because that’s a must for my man, and I also included a cream and brown sugar mixture at the bottom to give them the goo factor. Will be making these many times again in the future. Thanks for your amazing recipes that I can trust!

• Sally on August 17, 2016 at 9:13 am

I’m glad you loved the easy cinnamon rolls– they’re perfect when you’re in a rush or simply don’t have tons of time to prep ahead. And happy anniversary!!

13. Molsi on August 16, 2016 at 11:32 am

Hey Sally, I love your blog! Your tips and recipes are always so fool proof! Thank you for all the tiny little details. BTW, I made your cream cheese sugar cookies over the weekend for a party. Everybody loved them! 🙂

• Sally on August 17, 2016 at 9:10 am

I’m glad they were a hit!! And thank you for the sweet comment!

Reviews