Here’s what to do with your abundance of apples this month: super easy caramel apple turnovers. Yes yes I use puff pastry but sometimes you just don’t have time for the real stuff! This is actually an older recipe that I reshot recently.
Besides that, there’s so much I want to share with you today! First, what are you baking this weekend?
1) I picked up some new bowls at Anthropologie last week. I needed some cereal/soup bowls and these colorful latte bowls screamed adorable. From reading the reviews, they’re very popular! I also got the mini ones too– mostly for small amounts of prep ingredients for cooking/baking. I love all the colors. One more thing: I’ve gotten some questions about where I purchased the serving utensils you’ve seen in my pictures. These right here— also from Anthro!
2) We rented a pontoon boat while we were at Lake Wallenpaupack last weekend. I may have also purchased donut floats (complete with sprinkles) and a unicorn float. Are you a boat person? Are you a swimming person? A unicorn float person? I am all of the above, especially that last one. Jude’s definitely a boat dog.
3) Dying to try these chewy oatmeal zucchini cookies. I’ve had some trouble making cookies with zucchini in the past. Always too wet or too cakey. These look amazing and SO easy. As does this epic s’mores cheesecake from Brown Eyed Baker.
4) Fall baking: are you ready? Too early? Planning out my Fall baking list. I’ve got a lot of ideas, but want to know what you’re in the mood for.
5) 7 caramel-filled desserts! #4 sounds really, really good.
6) I made my salted caramel sauce again last week. Shot some new pictures for you too! I also have a new video for it– just so you can see how easy it really is. The granulated sugar really melts down like that. It’s incredible!
7) What I’m up to this month: we’re headed to The Lumineer’s concert tonight, I’m securing a Chicago baking/cooking demo for November (more details soon!), my friend’s wedding in a couple weeks, our 2nd wedding anniversary, apple picking!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping me promote brands and products I enjoy.
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.