1) I photographed my apple spice cupcakes with salted caramel frosting again this week! I made them for a friend, doubled the batch, and saved some for us. These are one of my favorite cupcake recipes (apples!!), but I always forget to make them each fall. Well now we all won’t forget! I reshot them and reworked the frosting recipe for better results.
2) Guess what? I’m in the Poconos this weekend for our friends, Katy and Eddie’s, wedding. Katy and I grew up together, often visiting her family’s lake house on Lake Wallenpaupack. We still go! I brought my nice camera to take more pictures of this fall beauty.
3) Do you dress up your pets for Halloween? I’m guessing the answer is yes since we just *get* each other like that. Franklin will be a hamburger and we just got Jude a double XL hot dog costume. I can’t stop laughing. And I certainly can’t wait.
4) An absolute must this fall season: pumpkin roll. Kevin’s cousin has a recipe that’s so good, she sells them every Thanksgiving season. I’ll have to snag the recipe from her to test out.
5) Everything else I’m craving right now: steamy chai teas, soft pretzels, chili and/or soup. This white bean chicken chili with butternut squash looks easy, cozy, and satisfying all in one.
6) I’m so glad you loved the NYC bakery tour recap. I appreciate all of your suggestions for part 2! We probably won’t go back for a few months but having a schedule in place ahead of time always helps.
7) Here’s what to make for Halloween! Candy corn pretzel hugs— these are beyond simple. 5 ingredient Halloween Oreo truffles (monsters, pumpkins, bats, mummies– too cute!) and/or these candy corn sugar cookies
PS: giveaway happening right now!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.