Saturday Seven

apple-spice-cupcakes-salted-caramel-frosting

1) I photographed my apple spice cupcakes with salted caramel frosting again this week! I made them for a friend, doubled the batch, and saved some for us. These are one of my favorite cupcake recipes (apples!!), but I always forget to make them each fall. Well now we all won’t forget! I reshot them and reworked the frosting recipe for better results.

2) Guess what? I’m in the Poconos this weekend for our friends, Katy and Eddie’s, wedding. Katy and I grew up together, often visiting her family’s lake house on Lake Wallenpaupack. We still go! I brought my nice camera to take more pictures of this fall beauty.

3) Do you dress up your pets for Halloween? I’m guessing the answer is yes since we just *get* each other like that. Franklin will be a hamburger and we just got Jude a double XL hot dog costume. I can’t stop laughing. And I certainly can’t wait.

4) An absolute must this fall season: pumpkin roll. Kevin’s cousin has a recipe that’s so good, she sells them every Thanksgiving season. I’ll have to snag the recipe from her to test out.

5) Everything else I’m craving right now: steamy chai teas, soft pretzels, chili and/or soup. This white bean chicken chili with butternut squash looks easy, cozy, and satisfying all in one.

6) I’m so glad you loved the NYC bakery tour recap. I appreciate all of your suggestions for part 2! We probably won’t go back for a few months but having a schedule in place ahead of time always helps.

7) Here’s what to make for Halloween! Candy corn pretzel hugs— these are beyond simple. 5 ingredient Halloween Oreo truffles (monsters, pumpkins, bats, mummies– too cute!) and/or these candy corn sugar cookies

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs from Sallys Baking Addiction-6

PS: giveaway happening right now!

Comments

1. Heidi @ Red Checkered Tablecloth on October 22, 2016 at 8:28 am

The apple spice cupcakes are new to me–those pictures look great! I love the salted caramel frosting concept. I’m already brainstorming what other recipes it would be tasty with. 🙂

2. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on October 22, 2016 at 10:28 am

Those apple spice cupcakes look beautiful!  Caramel is my favorite topping, YUM!  And I love making all different chili recipes in the Fall, it’s definitely my favorite cold weather meal.  Have a great weekend at the wedding!

3. june on October 22, 2016 at 10:29 am

Love that frosting idea! All those darling oreo truffles would be so easy to make.
    Another quick candy idea for you:)
    Spread a little peanut butter between to cheez it crackers. Dip in chocolate
    they taste just like a Butterfinger NUM

• Sally on October 22, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh I would LOVE that. I love cheese + chocolate and cheese + peanut butter. So easy.

4. Natalie on October 22, 2016 at 10:53 am

I love the cookies with the candy corn!! Very creative!  The apple spice cupcakes look amazing, I can’t wait to try them!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

5. Sara @ Last Night's Feast on October 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

Those apple spice cakes look to die for!

6. sherry kelley on October 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm

If I’m not a big apple fan, couldn’t I just omit the apples and then they become “spice cupcakes”.  There doesn’t seem to be enough apple that it omitting would affect the moisture content, but let me know.

• Sally on October 22, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Sure can! But I would maybe add 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or something so there’s a little extra moisture.

7. Hayley on October 22, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Hope you have a fun weekend Sally! Fall Weddings are always my favourite 🙂 I just made super cute Halloween Cupcakes out of your pumpkin cupcakes and vanilla frosting! I dyed the frosting orange and decorated the cupcakes like little carved out pumpkins. We loved them. But of course those cupcakes have been gone for two days now, so I need a new Halloween recipe to make! I was thinking either ghost or bat shaped sugar cookies, or your oreo truffles made with pumpkin spice oreos (I can’t believe they’re a thing) and white chocolate. Kind of really want to make those Apple Spice Cupcakes too (caramel frosting????) but seeing as I just made cupcakes, I think I’ll hold off until November. After all, it’s still Fall for a whole month and a half once October ends 😉

• Sally on October 22, 2016 at 12:45 pm

I was wondering which cupcakes you ended up making! How about my pumpkin spice truffles? Though the Oreo truffles with pumpkin spice oreos would be fab too!

• Hayley on October 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Ah, those pumpkin spice truffles would be amazing too. I wanted to make them last year and never got the chance, so maybe I should try them this year! Thanks for reminding me about them, Sally 😉

8. Jennifer C on October 22, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t wait to see Jude and Franklin’s Halloween photos!! My cat would never tolerate a costume, unfortunately, but I love the idea. Thanks for the Apple cupcake recipe, looking forward to trying it!

9. Maureen on October 23, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Absolutely love the reshot cupcakes!!! Your photography has come so far!

Reviews