Greetings from Chicago! The last of my travels before I climb under a rock to write the better half of Sally’s Cookie Addiction. Speaking of, I finished a couple more cookbook recipes this week. I’m trying to stick to a schedule of 2 cookie recipes developed and tested per week. This gives me enough time to truly focus on each individual recipe. There are so many cookies flying out of my kitchen. And I haven’t even started baking for the 4th annual Christmas cookie palooza yet!! My entire freezer is… butter and cookies.
Here’s also what’s happening:
1) It’s been a goal of mine the past few months to reshoot older blog recipes. Recipes I’m making anyway with dinner or to satisfy a massive a craving (hello beautiful). I feel like this breathes new life into some old favorites. Most recently? Pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Our friends brought us over dinner earlier this week and I sent them home with half the pan!
2) Latest recipe video: Reese’s stuffed peanut butter cookies.
4) I haven’t talked about running in awhile! My treadmill broke last week– it’s just over 2 years old, but it was a pretty cheap model. Still, it should’ve lasted longer before something went wrong, right? It’s not like I’m running 10 miles a day on the thing! So we recently purchased a refurbished elliptical. There’s a few fantastic running trails by our new house too, but it’s getting super cold out. Do you enjoy running outside in the cold? I’m not a winter runner!
5) Here’s your complete guide to Thanksgiving. We’re making this herb roasted turkey for Friendsgiving next weekend. The citrus drew me to it! I’ll let you know how it is. Do you have a favorite turkey recipe?
6) Happy 6 month adoptaversary Franklin. You make life even more interesting and definitely more hilarious. ♥
7) I’m teaching a pie crust class at the America’s Baking and Sweets Show today! And in case you need 1 more pie option for your Thanksgiving feast, here’s the apple slab pie I’ll be passing around as samples.
Q: What are you baking this weekend?
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.