How was your 1st week in the new year?
Mine was a success. Right now I’m in the depths of writing Sally’s Cookie Addiction, my 3rd cookbook. We’re working on mock spreads and I’m pushing through this manuscript with all my might. I tested and photographed 8 new cookie recipes this week, on top of photographing 2 new recipes for the blog. This was a mountain of food! Luckily we’re going to a birthday party tonight. And yes, I’m bringing 10 dozen cookies.
I still need to choose a new book! Thank you for all the suggestions. I’m still sifting through most of them, but will let you know my first pick.
1) Also for the party tonight, I made these peanut butter cup surprise cookies. This is an older recipe on my blog, but one that certainly should not go unnoticed!! You don’t know there’s a peanut butter cup inside until you take that first bite. Like piñata cupcakes in peanut butter form.
2) I enjoyed reading Brown Eyed Baker’s goals for 2017: 17 in 2017. Especially being more consistent with meal planning and reading before bed.
3) For the goal of disconnecting more to live more, I left my phone at home and we ventured out into the snowfall on a dinner date one night. This was our first real snowfall of the 2016-2017 winter and Franklin’s first time in the snow. Though it was only 1 inch, he LOVED it. ♥
4) Cookie goal: unicorn cookies.
5) I have lots of new quick recipe videos in 2017! Here’s a cream cheese frosting video, soft pretzel bites (many of you asked for this and were surprised to see how EASY they are!) and a video for making my favorite slow cooker chicken chili.
7) What’s your favorite frosting flavor? Working on a new category section for the blog: all my frosting recipes. 🙂
Have a good one!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.