Chocolate pie crust. Have you ever made it? Experimenting a new recipe!
How was your week? Nothing new to report here. We stayed in for date night this week and watched the movie Sully with Tom Hanks. It’s been rainy and dreary all week and I zonked out by 9pm most nights. 8:30 one night. Embarrassing– but true!
1) Today my assistant, Stephanie, is coming over! We’re baking some tested recipes for Sally’s Cookie Addiction so I can photograph them tomorrow. It’s such a treat having help in the kitchen!
2) I love kale salads for lunch, especially when they’re hearty and filling combining many flavors and textures. Maria posted this kale and wild rice salad and I’ve had my eye on this kale salad with bacon and blue cheese for months now.
3) But, back to dessert. A few gals made recipes from my re-released cookbook over the past few weeks! Remember that Sally’s Baking Addiction was re-released as a paperback with 8 bonus cookie recipes in it. 🙂
- Jaclyn made cookies and cream cheesecake
- Michelle made fudge ripple monster bars
- Chelsea made banana chocolate chip layer cake
- Beth made dark chocolate orange macaroons
- Christy made cream cheese cookies ‘n’ cream cookies.
4) New video: homemade oatmeal creme pies!
5) Last week, I unsubscribed to nearly all of the subscription emails I receive to my personal email. I’m usually pretty crazy and don’t allow myself to subscribe to nearly any because I hate clutter in my inbox, but somehow they kept piling up. I discovered Unroll.me and basically my inbox is now a dream. TRY THIS. It’s free. And feels great!
6) How adorable are these snowflake marshmallows?
7) I added a new category: frostings. Slowly adding all of my frosting recipes to it, so check back if you need inspiration for frosting your treats. We’re working on videos for all the frostings, too!
Q: What are you baking this weekend?
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.