Saturday Seven

chocolate-dough

Chocolate pie crust. Have you ever made it? Experimenting a new recipe!

How was your week? Nothing new to report here. We stayed in for date night this week and watched the movie Sully with Tom Hanks. It’s been rainy and dreary all week and I zonked out by 9pm most nights. 8:30 one night. Embarrassing– but true!

1) Today my assistant, Stephanie, is coming over! We’re baking some tested recipes for Sally’s Cookie Addiction so I can photograph them tomorrow. It’s such a treat having help in the kitchen!

2) I love kale salads for lunch, especially when they’re hearty and filling combining many flavors and textures. Maria posted this kale and wild rice salad and I’ve had my eye on this kale salad with bacon and blue cheese for months now.

3) But, back to dessert. A few gals made recipes from my re-released cookbook over the past few weeks! Remember that Sally’s Baking Addiction was re-released as a paperback with 8 bonus cookie recipes in it. 🙂

4) New video: homemade oatmeal creme pies!

5) Last week, I unsubscribed to nearly all of the subscription emails I receive to my personal email. I’m usually pretty crazy and don’t allow myself to subscribe to nearly any because I hate clutter in my inbox, but somehow they kept piling up. I discovered Unroll.me and basically my inbox is now a dream. TRY THIS. It’s free. And feels great!

6) How adorable are these snowflake marshmallows?

7) I added a new category: frostings. Slowly adding all of my frosting recipes to it, so check back if you need inspiration for frosting your treats. We’re working on videos for all the frostings, too!

Q: What are you baking this weekend?

Comments

1. Austria Azaceta on January 22, 2017 at 10:52 am

Hi Sally!
    I’m so intrigued by the chocolate pie crust! Can’t wait to see what you come up with.
    My husband &  I just finished stuffing our faces with your whole wheat blueberry pancakes for breakfast. SO good!! And bonus, theres extra to freeze for later in the week….  Planning on making your funfetti single layer cake for a friends birthday soon, & I have a request from my brother in law for your soda bread so that may be happening today!
    Have a wonderful week!!

• Sally on January 22, 2017 at 4:39 pm

I haven’t made those blueberry pancakes in WAY too long. Thanks for the reminder!!

2. Constance Caldwell Piwtorak on January 22, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I just made your oatmeal creme pie recipe.  So good and better than a box!!  I love spending Sundays in the kitchen

• Sally on January 22, 2017 at 4:36 pm

I’m happy you made them!

3. Chel Bucci on January 23, 2017 at 7:01 am

Hi Sally! Have you ever tried Sweetgreen for salad? The harvest bowl is amazing – there’s one in the city and one In Ardmore too, in suburban square! Soooo good

4. Marilyn King on January 23, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Hi Sally! I have followed you for years and love, love, love your recipes! There are so many that I still want to try but some of our family favorites are: Good Morning Sunshine Breakfast Cookies, Favorite White Layer Cake, Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole, Unbelievable Blueberry French Toast Casserole, Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart and an extra shout out to Pineapple Upside-Down Cake! Unbelievably good! Always enjoy reading your blog and saving all the recipes that I want to try in a special folder named “Sally’s” in my Paprika app:-)

• Sally on January 23, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Thank you for being so loyal to my recipes and coming back to see new ones! 🙂 It means the world to me.

5. Maria Silvina Alvisio on January 24, 2017 at 6:46 am

Thank you, Sally, for your help. I will get two packs of ceramic beads, then. ☺

6. Flora on January 25, 2017 at 6:35 am

Hi Sally

I just tried your strawberry cup cake recipie it’s amazing! Thank you very much.  I took them to work and they were a hit! My daughter loved them and I’m making them for her second birthday coming up.  I had to go with the online freeze dried strawberries thank u for link as I’m from Australia these are harder to find in the shops.

• Sally on January 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm

So happy you like them, Flora! I hope your daughter has a great birthday celebration!

Reviews